News should be available for everyone. They should be free. And they should be accessible everywhere and anytime. News are essential for free speech.
NewsCatchr is an app, that tries to improve the world by enabling access to news for everyone. The app is available for Android 4.2+ and very small and resource-friendly. It's also completely open sourced, so the code can be checked by everyone.
Multiple million different feeds are readable with this app, thanks to the feedly API, which provides them.
But the app isn't just a normal news app. It has many more unique features, like these:
• Feed search with many millions of feeds
• Backup to save your favorite feeds and bookmarks with ease
• Pocket integration to read your bookmarked articles from any device
• Chrome Custom Tabs to browse websites inside the app
• Automatic caching, so you can also read articles offline
• Automatic download of articles in the background (called sync)
• OPML import to import feeds from feedly
• Zoomable text to have a bigger article text
• AMP to browse websites faster (much faster)
• Readability mode to reparse articles and get the whole content
• And many many more features...