As a Geofence (Anchor watch)
When fcAnchor is Activated the current position is saved and fcAnchor is Active. The current position is checked against the saved position at a user defined interval. If the current position is more than a user defined radius from the saved position an alarm is set. The alarm can be a sound (used as an anchor watch) or an SMS to a predefined number when you are ashore (PRO version only).
As a Tracker
By sending an SMS from your mobile phone (using the fcAnchorRemote app) the phones current position is returned. fcAnchorRemote can also Activate/Deactivate fcAnchor remote. All communication is done via SMS so no data subscription is required.
With FindShip, you can track your vessel' movements realtime on the map
* Nearly 80,000 ships online.
* Covering most ports on the world.
* Detail ship's information. In addition to AIS information, D.W.T/Gross ton/Build year is also provided.
* Powerfull ship/port search engine.
* Auto-refresh current region's ship data.
* Google satellite map is available.
* Port's weather forecasts all over the world.
* View 1000+ NOAA Charts.
* Share ship's current position with your friends.
================== What's different with FindShip 1.x ==================
* Support both portrait and landscape orientation
* User can adjust the font size of ship's label
* Fix bugs in previous versions
* Greatly enhance performance of display ships
* Enhance app's stability
VesselFinder Free features include:
- Real time positions of over 100,000 ships every day
- Ship details - name, flag, type, destination, ETA, course, speed
Do you want more features? Buy VesselFinder Pro and get:
- Ship search by Name, IMO number or MMSI number
- Ship movement history - follow the track of each vessel for the past 24 hours
- Additional ship details - IMO, MMSI, draught, gross tonnage, size, deadweight, year of built, callsign
- My Fleet - add your favourite vessels to "My Fleet" list. It is synced with VesselFinder.com, so any change of vessels in My Fleet list will reflect on either the mobile App or the website.
- Ship photos contributed by VesselFinder users
- My Views - save favourite views of the map, so you can easily navigate to them
- Detailed map type
Coverage - near-shore coverage, same as the web-based application VesselFinder.com
If you experience any problem with the App, please fill this form to contact us http://www.vesselfinder.com/contact instead of writing a review here. We will do our best to solve it. Thanks!
Visibility of vessels in the App depends on AIS signal availability. If a particular vessel is out of our AIS coverage zone, VesselFinder displays her last reported position and updates it as soon as the vessel comes into range. Completeness and accuracy of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
Connect with VesselFinder
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/vesselfinder and follow us on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/vesselfinder for the latest on VesselFinder.
For any help and support, please visit the VesselFinder forum: http://forum.vesselfinder.com/forum/6-vesselfinder/
Connected to the largest network of AIS receivers, the app covers most major ports and shipping routes.
• View VESSELS ON THE LIVE MAP, search for ships, boats and seaports and see what's near you!
• More than 100,000 VESSELS PER DAY report their positions via MarineTraffic AIS
• View live wind and 48-hour WIND FORECASTS on the map
• ANIMATED PLAYBACK of vessel's track
• PORT ARRIVALS & DEPARTURES live for over 4,000 ports and marinas, current conditions in ports and estimated time of arrival for the boats & ships.
• Manage your list of vessels ("MY FLEET"), shared with all your devices and MarineTraffic.com
• Browse 1,5 MILLION PHOTOS of ships, harbors and lighthouses
and much more!
➜ NEW! Identify vessels around you at a glance with the Augmented Reality tool (in-app purchase)
Just point your device's camera to the horizon and get all the information you need about the vessels in your area: name, flag, speed, distance from you and a lot more.
Also, for MarineTraffic paying subscribers:
• NAUTICAL CHARTS
• SAT-AIS DATA
Join the great MarineTraffic community!
** If you're only interested in a specific area, please confirm coverage on www.marinetraffic.com before purchasing the app **
mAIS is a mobile application that makes possible to use your mobile device to report the positions of a vessel to MarineTraffic. GPS-enabled devices (iPhone/iPad and Android) can be used to report the position, the details and the status of a vessel in case an AIS transponder is not available or the vessel is out of the range of MarineTraffic's AIS receivers.
The positions of a vessel will be reported if the application is started on the mobile device and whenever Internet connectivity is available. The position reporting will continue even if the app is running at the background on the device. This application is intended to be used only as a vessel's reporting tool and not as a personal location reporting tool. Therefore, it is important to be used only when the device is on board a vessel and it must be switched off whenever the device leaves the vessel.
This is not AIS
mAIS simulates the data transmitted by AIS transponders, however it only transmits data through the Internet and not through AIS radio-frequencies. It is clear that the information transmitted by mAIS is not visible by the AIS receivers of other vessels. It will be only displayed on MarineTraffic web site and apps. As such, mAIS is only a ship's self-reporting tool that does not substitute real AIS transmissions and it is not by any means related to the safety and navigation equipment of a vessel.
mAIS will work on GPS-enabled Android devices, as long as the 'Location Services' are enabled. It may not work properly on iPod or iPad WiFi, as these devices do not have built-in GPS and the position reports may be not accurate.
mAIS is continuously using the GPS of your device in order to report its positions. In most cases this is a power intensive operation and it will exhaust the battery of your device in a few hours. It is recommended to have your device plugged-in whenever you are using mAIS.
How to use it
A valid account registered at marinetraffic.com is required in order to start position reporting through the mAIS application. Register at http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/alerts.aspx The app must be configured to use the registered email and password as well as all valid details of the reporting vessel. A valid MMSI number together with the other details of the vessel (such as vessel's name, call-sign, dimensions, destination, ETA, etc) must be also configured in the app.
What if the vessel does not have a MMSI number assigned?
MMSI number is the key value for position reporting. A valid MMSI number, configured in mAIS app, is required in order to send position reports to MarineTraffic. It is possible that smaller vessels have not been assigned a MMSI number by their authorities. In this case you are still able to use mAIS, after having registered your vessel for a unique vessel's ID at this form on marinetraffic.com.
In order to avoid unwanted position reporting, MarineTraffic will send e-mail notifications at your registered e-mail address, whenever your app is active. This serves as a reminder that position reporting should only be active when you are at sea and must be turned off when at land.
The bandwidth consumed by mAIS is minimal. Even if mAIS is configured to send position reports at the highest frequency, it will use about 150 bytes/minute, which means about 210KB in one day or 6MB for a whole month of continuous use.
Boat Watch is a free app, which offers...
- Spot any Boat or Ship via real-time AIS system
- Watch boat positions on a live map
- See the Name, Type and Destination of each vessel
- Set any boat as your favorite, and track it on the map
- Search and find boats and places
- Share boats on Facebook, Twitter or by email
Our optional In-App upgrade even sends you alerts when a boat you track sets sail or arrives - perfect for people with loved ones at sea, for tracking cruise ships, ferries and rescue vessels - or following cargo across the world!
Optional One-time In-App Upgrade Purchase adds...
- Boat positions refresh automatically
- Get alerts when your favorite boat arrives or departs
- Full boat information - speed, course, country, etc.
And, you can also add Live View by In-App Purchase, showing ships drawn at true scale with positions updated every 5 seconds.
As a Anchor watch/Geofence
When fcAnchorPRO is Activated the current position is saved and fcAnchorPRO is Active. The current position is checked against the saved position at a user defined interval. If the current position is more than a user defined radius from the saved position an alarm is set. The alarm can be a sound (used as an anchor watch) or an SMS to a predefined number.
As a Tracker
By sending an SMS from your mobile phone (using the fcAnchorRemote app) the phones current position is returned. The Activate/Deactivate can also be handled remote (if you should forget to activate it then you leave the boat/car).
Note: When installing fcAnchorPRO you should uninstall fcAnchor because the incomming control SMS will only be catched by one of the applications.
This was developed using the Google/MIT App Inventor 2 website and is my first android app. It is only tested on a Samsung Galaxy S3 so I can not claim it works on any other platform. Your device MUST have a GPS and a compass for this app to function.
Instructions are on-screen so use should be easy. Other than setting the distance to anchor and the buffer distance before the alarm trips, there are no other settings. If the swing circle is cutoff, try triple tapping back to the start screen and resetting the anchor location.
Keep the device connected to power because this app must run continuously and consumes the battery quickly.
Do not use this application as your sole means of anchor dragging notification. I assume no responsibility or liability if you choose to use this app. I use this for my inner alarm and set my chart plotter will a larger swing circle as an outer alarm. NEVER trust only one alarm.
At this time the app is free. This app does NOT collect information. There are zero adds. It does need access to the GPS and compass to function. [Now that the app is up on the store, I checked the permissions. It says it has rights to USB storage, Wi-Fi, and phone...? I will work to remove these]
The screen has a black background so it is not too bright but is still visible. It also saves power if you have an OLED screen (like the Samsung Galaxy)
CHARTS (Currently only providing coverage for the US)
- NOAA electronic charts
- Satellite imagery, topographic maps, roads
- NEXRAD and similar live weather
- Overlays showing important warning zones (such as weather, security, etc.)
- Lets you see AIS-i and B traffic without needing an expensive receiver
- Gives you unparalleled emergency safety thanks to Instant Position Reporting
- Provides clear identification of other vessels: type, size, speed, heading, etc.
- Operates over cellular networks
ACTIVE CAPTAIN CRUISING INFO
(constantly updated, user-generated content)
- Navigation information, pilotage, insiders' typs, etc.
- Marinas (fuel types, prices, etc.)
- Dockage (prices, requirements, etc.)
- Pump-out services, ramps, etc.
- Recommended anchorages with details
- Contact info
AUGMENTED REALITY VIEWS
Your phone or tablet gives you an invaluable view into what's obscured by fog or darkness. You'll see buoys, channels, hazards, and more, so you can navigate safely to your destination regardless of visibility.
SOCIAL NETWORKING ON THE WATER
- Chat boat-to-boat with friends and fellow boaters
- Join discussions with like-minded boaters in chat rooms
- Share pictures
- Share waypoints, zones, and other locations
- Quickly find your friends out on the water and in harbors and anchorages
Smart Chart AIS's development has been supported by the US Despartment of Homeland Security under the Small Business Innovation and Research Program, Contract #D12PC00364.
© Copyright Team Augmented Reality Inc 2014 All rights reserved
You need a valid vesseltracker.com - Account to use this app. For Free-Account the functionality is limited.
- Real time tracking of ship positions worldwide
- Additional master data
- More than 500.000 photos
- User defined views of the map
- User defined list of favourite vessels
- Movement history
- Status alert
- Port search
If you are a company or organization working in the port environment:
* SmartPort is a powerful tool to stay updated with Port information you use in your daily work.
* Get instant access to vessel movements: list/map of berthed and anchoraged vessels, forecast of arrivals/departures, announced calls, historic movements (by ship/port), etc.
* SmartPort helps you to keep updated with latest Port news, access to existing Webcams or weather information.
* A full directory of Port companies and facilities is also provided, alongside with contact data and location within the Port.
If you are an occasional visitor or a tourist:
* SmartPort is a powerful tool to visit a Port.
* Get instant access to a list of existing ships in the Port.
* Query information about ships and expected departures or arrivals.
* See a map with the location of each ship, as well as routes from your location to a ship.
* Get routes from your location to the Port entrance, or to specific Port buildings.
* A full directory of Port facilities and companies is also provided, alongside with contact data and location within the Port.
ShipTrax24 gives you real-time data and easy-to-follow ship tracking.
Follow ships on the radar map with real-time information from the Ship Transponder and a network of thousands of AirNav ShipTrax AIS receivers deployed in over 80 countries.
ShipTrax24 is an ship finder connected to AirNav’s ship system servers, constantly processing real-time data to give you an accurate and live radar feed of any ship at the sea. ShipTrax24 lets you access vessel radar and ship tracking, both online and on your mobile phone. View ShipTrax24’s live radar map anywhere at any time.
We will engage the viewer with dramatic photography and engaging journalism. With our informative, enlightening, lively and sometimes lighthearted stories, Marine Matters fills a void for those working in, involved in or just simply interested in … marine matters.
•Designed by and for a sailor. You may find that some of the layouts look “big and blobby” at first sight, but they work at sea. Fiddly and fussy layouts do not.
•No network required. This app uses your phone’s GPS, it will work where there is no mobile network coverage (though you will need network coverage to share your logs and waypoints by email).
•Store unlimited waypoints (restricted in free version).
•View waypoints alphabetically of by distance from your current position.
•Display range and bearing to a waypoint.
•Make logs of where you have been, which you can annotate with comments and other relevant data.
•View logs as display on the phone.
•Share logs with Google Earth on your phone or desktop computer, either by email or by copying KML files.
•Share waypoints with Google Earth on your phone or desktop computer, either by email or by copying KML files.
•Share logs with Google Earth on your phone or desktop computer, either by email or by copying KML files. Although I don’t encourage the use of Google Earth for marine navigation, seeing your waypoints on Google Earth is a useful visual check that you have transcribed them correctly.
•Anchor watch alarm service. Alerts you if you have moved more than a pre-defined distance. The anchor watch also alerts you if the battery level is low.
•Near waypoint alarm service
•Once started, the log, anchor and waypoint alarm services will continue to run, even if you quit the main navigator application. They will continue to run while you make phone calls or use your phone for email, Internet browsing or pretty much anything else.
What this application is not
It is not a chart plotter. This application is intended for marine navigation. Although it could be used by ramblers, that isn’t the main intention. It does not display digitised charts, nor does it show you a Google Map view with your position displayed on it. I believe it is highly irresponsible to encourage the use of Google maps to navigate boats. Even in rivers and estuaries, Google maps contain no semantics for the sea whatsoever; no lights and marks, depths, rocks etc. The application does allow you to send logs you have made to Google Maps, though, but only after you have completed the trip.
For a limited time, a free version is available. In the Autumn of 2012 a full feature version should be available.
The free version has the following limitations:
•The number of waypoints you can have is restricted to 20.
•Routes are not available
*** FREE ACCESS TO LIVE DATA ***
For a limited period of time we're offering all demo users the live data feed instead of delayed positions. Just enter "DEMO" as your key.
Users already owning a license for ShippingExplorer just enter their usual product key.
- Live vessel data from around the world in realtime
- Details for all ships, including photo
- Track history with positions for each ship
- Search and display a ship's last position
- Favorites / Bookmarks
More features available in our desktop version!