Battery Spy works simply by gathering battery statistics that are already available in the Android OS. What you see is what the OS reports. Battery Spy gathers up the information, organizes it, then displays it in a graph and tables for you. It also uses the information to give you an estimate of time left on battery or to full charge. Statistics are gathered and saved over a settable number of days so you can review them at any time.
Key features include:
1. Support for multiple battery profiles so you can differentiate between OEM or backup (after market) batteries, and different usage styles such as work, weekends and vacation. Create as many profiles as you want and quickly switch between them. This feature is available during the trial period, then only with the full license after.
2. Enable notifications for when the battery level rises above or falls below a settable percentage. This feature is available during the trial period, then only with the full license after.
3. Enable notifications for when the battery temperature rises above or falls below a settable degree. This feature is available during the trial period, then only with the full license after.
4. Quick access to settings that directly affect battery use so you don't have to hunt them down when you need them
5. Tap on the statistics table to go directly to the Android Battery Use screen.
6. Configurable graph that supports both 2D and 3D presentations.
7. Low CPU and resource consumption to not add (too much) to battery drain.
8. Run as a service when phone starts up, or manually.
Try Battery Spy free for 10 days and keep using it after the trial period as a free license with reduced functionality, or purchase the full license to unlock the application to its full functionality. Even without the full license features, Battery Spy still provides a rich feature set for the casual user.
Please keep the comments coming. Your input really helps to make the software better. If you have bugs or concerns, please email email@example.com and it will be handled promptly. Thanks!
Permissions Requested by Battery Spy and why
* Battery Statistics - Battery Spy does not alter your system's battery statistics in anyway, it just reports what it sees.
* Control of Vibrator - Used as feedback when interacting with the UI
* Start at Reboot - By default Battery Spy will start when your device starts. You can turn this option off in preferences.
* Full Internet Access - Battery Spy uses the Application Crash Report for Android (ACRA) library published by Google Code. When a crash occurs, you will be presented with the option to send a bug report to us. Only when you submit the bug report is internet access used. Otherwise, Battery Spy does not access the internet during its normal operation.
*NOTE: The electric current reading doesn't work on all devices. The reason is that the manufactures (mostly Motorola and Samsung) don't support this in the battery driver or in the hardware.
* Add widget to home screen after installation.
Now also includes:
- Two widget designs (as two widgets in the widgets list) - Classic and Text.
- Notification - get real time alerts on high current values!
- Transparent style with customization options
- Android Backup Service - Automatically restores your settings on new installations
- Voltage & Battery level (%) display
- Log battery values
- Plot current graph
- Analyze log options
- Log file rotation
- Custom operation - set an arithmetic operation on the current value to adjust for different devices
- Option to show a persistent notification with all information from widget.
- Customizations (size, color, etc.).
- DashClock Widget extension.
Touch the displayed value to switch views.
Select only one view to bring back configuration shortcut.
Open settings & graph via launcher icon.
* The lightning icon changes color when the phone is charging (white/green).
NEW: Analyze CurrentWidget log to get your battery capacity - http://nkhosla.com/battery/
Please contact me if you experience any problems.
Available also in Donate version.
CurrentWidget is open source (GPL).
It is possible to migrate directly from the screen display settings on the screen of the app, you can easily change the brightness of the screen or that depending on the amount of battery power, such as time or change the backlight off.
It is also useful during charging, If you started this app, because it is self-explanatory that can charge up to what percentage of current, charge time and put out a screen of this app.
How to spend a lot of time game, phone and mail, more heavy users, who called anxious always, if the remaining battery capacity, who want to change settings such as backlight and the brightness of the screen to the beans, how to repeat the charge frequently such is very useful and to be installed.
To simplify to the utmost limit the features and design, faster to boot, so we reduce the capacity, you can use every day without stress.
So you can install with confidence who can not afford the memory capacity of the terminal, please take advantage of the world.
Designed with high precision. It is probably one of the most beautiful widgets on the Store.
Battery is a elegant app that will help you to follow the current battery percentage on your Android
Minimalistic and sofisticated UI gives you best user experience. Shows only information that you
really care about your's Battery life.
Widget does not drain battery. It receives only battery broadcasts.
Battery widget has two sizes: 1x1 and 2x1.
To add Battery Disc widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->Battery Disc
Press Battery Disc widget to display detailed information about your smartphone's battery.
Beautiful, Simple and Fast Battery, from the creator of Beautiful Battery Disc.
- display the battery charge level in the status bar. enable this from the applications settings menu.
- display the battery history screen that displays the history of the battery usage including:
Added a new feature to display the battery history
-Partial wake usage
-and Other usage
- display the battery usage screen and displays the current state of the battery including:
We hope this app will help you.
Any suggestion or problems please email us. Thank You.
You can view the current state of your battery including:
and other details.
You can also select to monitor and log the battery changes so you can see how your battery is performing over time. You can also get a graphical view of all of the logged data, as well as view the raw data that has been captured.
There is also a handy widget (2x1 size) which displays the current information about your battery.
Please note that this application can be installed on tablets, but may not make best use of the layout. This will be resolved in forthcoming releases.
You can check the status of the battery to manage my phone via a log that has been recorded.
Log records to prevent excessive battery level and status (charging / discharging, etc.) when a change log records.
This application supports from Android OS 2.2 (Froyo).
If a problem occurs, please send an e-mail. Will be quick response.
✓ Basic Features
- Battery records information.
- Your log can be viewed as a list or a graph.
- In the status bar displays the current battery level.
- The battery is changed, the amount of time it took to use 1% in the status bar will be notified.
- After completion of the boot log service can be started automatically.
- You can export the recorded log, CSV or DB file.
- Android OS 3.0 or higher is, UI in default Holo theme.
- Because it contains a services, this application does not support the installation of external memory.
✓ Permission description
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Is used to record files on the SD card.
It gives Battery Usage by individual applications as well. It is super responsive and have lowest footprint over the device memory in the running state.
Currently, the time estimation is done by two simple algorithms which calculate the estimation based on the discharging or charging time for one / three percent. There will be more sophisticated algorithms available in the future which will result in a better time estimation for your Android device.
Even if there is a stand-alone widget provided with the app, you can use the nicer looking widget by installing the DashClock Widget on your Android 4.2+ device.
WARNING: The application is just a very early development version and will be updated and changed frequently. If you are interested in new features (like a widget), request them at https://github.com/thuetz/Energize/issues
Source code: https://github.com/thuetz/Energize
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To collect information about the battery statistics (for providing an good charging estimate) we start a battery monitoring service at the time the device booted up completely. This service will log the changes in the charging level of the battery. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less :)
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: This permission is used to be able to copy the battery statistics database to the SD card of your device (in case you want to investigate what was logged).
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: This permission will be automatically requested as soon as the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission was requested. Its not actually used by this app.
- BILLING: This permission is requested to support donations directly inside of the app. You are NOT enforced to pay any amount of money to unlock a feature or disable ads. Its actually just for providing an easy way for donations.
Keywords: battery, monitoring, capacity, time estimation, remaining time, remaining capacity, notification bar, status bar, ics, jb, ice cream sandwich, jelly bean, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, battery widget, dashclock widget, dash clock widget
With this application you can check the battery charging electrical current of your Samsung Galaxy devices.
*Note: please check the compatible devices list below*
Please check the Pro version which also has widget to let you quickly check the charging current, auto-refresh, a dark theme, and no ads!
The application displays three values that will tell you if the device's battery is charging correctly:
- current_now: The theoretical charging current, i.e., the rate at wich the battery *should* be charging (usually 999 on AC and 466 on USB).
- current_avg: Usually is the same as current_max (at least after some seconds).
- current_max: The maximum charging current. In other others, the phone will not get more current to charge the battery than the value displayed here. This is the value that matters most.
Most stock chargers should charge your device's battery at about 1000mA. If you think that your device's battery could be charging slowly, check the current_max value. If it displays a value much lower that 1000, the battery is charging at a lower current than desired.
The application *may* not work on the following devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Sprint devices.
- Verizon S3 devices.
- Any device older than the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Galaxy Note 1, Galaxy S2, ...).
Note: The internet permission is needed for the ads. Please check the Pro version which has no ads and does not need that permission.
- Most Galaxy S4 models.
- International Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300 and GT-I9305).
- South Korean Samsung Galaxy S III (SHV-E210K/L/S).
- International Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7105).
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (SCH-i605).
It may also work on other devices, but such is not guaranteed.
TAGS: samsung galaxy s3 note2 s4 i9300 battery charging charger current power plug current_max ma AC electric check
Get notifications when your battery status change through customizable alarms!
Permanent status bar notification displaying the current level of your battery.
Battery information include:
- Level (%);
- Status (Charging, Discharging);
- Temperature (Celsius, Fahrenheit or Kelvin);
- Voltage (Volts or Millivolts);
Need help? Found a bug? Have a suggestion? Send me an email!
There are 6 easy to use shortcuts for popular settings. Handy information about your battery. In the Sensor Manager you can controll the most popular sensors.
And most importantly there are automatic settings to help you save energy when your screen is off or your battery is low.
This App has 6 easy to use shortcuts for popular settings like:
- WiFi on/off
- Mobile Data on/off
- Volume on/off
- Bluetooth on/off
- Automatic Screen rotation on/off
- Brightness (low, medium, high, auto)
You can see information about your battery:
- battery health
A Notification can be enabled to show your current battery level.
You can see the Battery Usage of your phone.
In the sensor settings you can controll the most popular sensors of your phone:
- Mobile Data
- Airplane Mode
- Location Acces
- Automatic Screen Rotation
- Automatic Brightness
- Volume on/off
Additional to all of this, this App can automaticly enable/disable certain settings when the screen goes off to save precious energy.
- Mobile Data
To top this you can enable an Energy Saving Mode which kicks in when your battery level hits a certain percentage. This Energy Saving Mode automaticly disables features of your phone that draw the most energy and thus keep your battery alive much longer:
- Mobile Data
Thank you very much for the download!
Any kind of Feedback is appreciated!
The App is kind of a beta so please help us with reporting errors and so on :-)
Find Android Smartphones with poor battery Life?
Find Battery Status Unreliable in representing actual battery life?
Every wonder why when device warns about low battery (around 10-15%), your device often shuts down within next few minutes?
Well, you are not alone, in fact, you are correct that Android Smartphones are poor in representing battery status.
Most of the Li-Ion Battery driver works between 4.2V to 3.4V and sample linearly. However, Li-Ion's discharge is non-linear (as show in the app).
This App samples battery discharge rate and give user a much better representation of the battery life.
-Methodology section explains the issue.
-Gather battery info section samples the battery status (takes roughly 4-12 hours depends on your battery size). Check data collected to understand the mapping.
-Battery Results section shows the current battery level as well as other battery information. NOTE: PRO version gives 2 decimal precision which can be purchased.
-Compare Runs section can be used to compare multiple iteration of runs. THIS IS KEY as user/developer/engineer will be able to run the same task with certain features enabled/disabled to see the power impact!
KEY FEATURE: Since the battery discharge is calculated over time. The discharge from 98% to 96% and discharge from 50% to 48% is roughly the same! This makes power comparison between feature enabled/disabled possible! If you don't got a scope or power monitor, this is the tool made for you!
Hopefully, with more accurate battery status, you can make better judgement in using your Android Smartphone.
NOTE: This is a tool for app/platform developers/users who cares about power. Please rate the app only if you are an expert and know what you are talking about. Also, this app is free without ads. If you are interested in power testing, try PRO edition. Thanks
More from developer
Register an running application with the status bar.
You can call an application execution anytime from the status bar.
1. Notifies the application ended.
2. You can also delete an application from the status bar automatically notified.
3. You can also call the launcher to kill a running application to switch.
Explanation of the setting:
Effective in AN-Switcher.
Change ON/OFF of AN-Switcher
Set the time interval to find a running application.
For a short interval, the status bar will be notified immediately running applications,
The minutes of CPU usage time is longer.
For long the contrary, the status bar will not be notified once you quit the application in that time.
It is assumed that the best three seconds or five seconds.
The notice of a finished task:
Notifies the application status bar finished.
When this feature is not notified OFF.
If the application is notified of the status bar ends, you can specify it in time to clear.
Use of the task choice:
[running] in the status bar when you select an application that is displayed,
You can choose whether to allow or be killed doing this.
When this feature is OFF, always run the selected application.
Can perform brightness adjustment by "setting".
The adjustment with the slider has difficult fine adjustment.
Therefore I made this application.
2. Wi-Fi State
3. My location
4. Process Info
5. sound volume
6. boot history
7. Elapsed Date
Description of the permissions
coarse (network-based) location
Used in the map display Use.
fine (GPS) location
Used in the map display Use.
mock location sources for testing
Used in the map display Use.
full Internet access
Used in a ad uses:
Advertising is using Google AdSense and admod.
modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
Saving volume settings used in the applications.
modify global system settings
Used to refer to the number of processes, memory usage Use.
change Wi-Fi state
State for confirmation of Wi-Fi: applications. Changes, re-use to connect to Wi-Fi.
prevent tablet from sleeping prevent phone from sleeping
Purpose: During application, the screen will be displayed at all times for.
kill background processes
Killing the processes Usage: For Android 2.1.
kill background processes
Killing the processes Usage: Android 2.2 or higher for.
automatically start at boot
Used to count the number of times: System startup applications.
A. A voice synthesis. To notify the progress.
B. You can set up checkpoints every 10 seconds.
C. Notification via voice and beep every checkpoint.
D. Is not practical, the timer display is 1 / 100.
F.The voice synthesis supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish.