Your best companion when shopping or strolling in Japan.
Get notifications and show related website/information when you come close to the shops or sightseeing spots with Omotenashi Beacon™ installed.
The app will also automatically translate Japanese contents on-the-fly based on the language being used on your smartphone.
Install and experience immediately without complicated user registration process.
To use this application, you need to have active internet connection and have Bluetooth enabled.
Please be noted if Bluetooth is turned OFF (or temporarily disabled due to power-saving), the app will stop responding to nearby Beacons.
* Operation Environment
Android 4.3 (API Level 18) or above with Bluetooth Low Energy support
* Tested Devices
Following devices had been tested to run this application properly.
Some models may have limitations when running the app, please refer to the explanation below.
* docomo Samsung GALAXY S4 SC-01G
* docomo Sony XPERIA SO-01G
* docomo FUJITSU ARROWS NX F-05F (1) (2)
* SoftBank SHARP AQUOS Xx 304SH (1) (2)
* Huawei Ascend G6 (2)
* Google Nexus 7 (2013) (2)
(1) When your device is configured to use "power-saving mode"*, it will NOT respond to Beacons when the screen is OFF.
Please disable the feature or remove this app from the target of power-saving operation if you encounter such issue.
* The name of the feature may vary based on the device model you are using.
(2) There are cases that the app stops responding to Beacons due to some device implementation issues. Try one of the followings if you encounter such issues:
- Turn Bluetooth OFF then turn ON again
- Switch off the device then switch ON again
Please be aware this app is designed for Beacons which are deployed for specific purposes.
The app is not designed for interacting with general Beacons.