Since you don't need to enter any bothersome encryption keys, anyone can easily connect their smartphone or tablet to Wi-Fi (wireless LAN).
■ Operating environment
Android OS 2.1/2.2/2.3/3.0/3.1/3.2/4.0/4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4/5.0 (a device equipped with an auto-focus camera is recommended)
・To use this app, a Wi-Fi (wireless LAN) router that supports ELECOM's QR link is required.
For supported Wi-Fi (wireless LAN) routers, check the ELECOM website.
The app may not be able to read the QR code with devices not equipped with auto-focus cameras and with devices with low resolution cameras.
・If an error is displayed, terminate the other apps, restart the smartphone or tablet, and then try the setup again.
・QR code is a registered trademark of Denso Wave Incorporated.
・This application uses Zxing ( http://code.google.com/p/zxing/ ).
・Permission to use Zxing is based on ApacheLicenseVersion 2.0.
[ELECOM Apps Web]
THIS APP WORKS ONLY IF YOU HAVE ROOT PERMISSION
*** FOR REQUESTS SUPPORT OR HELP ON THE CONFIGURATION WRITE ME TO EMAIL, DO NOT NEED TO WRITE REVIEWS / FEEDBACK FOR THIS ***
REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT MUST BE MADE FROM YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT WITH WICH YOU PURCHASED THE APP
PLEASE, IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, CONTACT US BY EMAIL AT SNCLABS@GMAIL.COM BEFORE LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT SUCCESSFUL WIFI TETHERING IS OFTEN SOMETIMES HARDWARE-SPECIFIC WITH VARYING SOFTWARE CONDITIONS.
*** If you have problems with Android 4.3 / 4.4, be sure you have DISABLED (unchecked) the "Scan always available" option following path: Settings -> WiFi -> Advanced -> Scan always available ***
FOR T-MOBILE USERS AND NEXUS 5
Need to change your APN, simply navigate to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names. Select your T-Mobile APN, and scroll to APN protocol. Change this to IPv4, and then save your APN.
Now compatible with: Galaxy S4, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note 3, Note 4 and other devices
LG G2 and LG Flex with Android 4.4.x
Games Online with Xbox or Play Station? this app can correct the problem MTU
Turn your device into a WiFi Router! WiFi Tether Router lets you use your smartphone as a WiFi hotspot without additional costs.
Most cellular providers charge additional rates on top of your smartphone data plan for tethering or hotspot usage. With WiFi Tether Router, however, you can connect to the internet via another wifi-enabled device through your carrier’s data plan that is already associated with your phone!
Compatible with most PC’s, tablets, smartphones, or other portable devices. Also compatible with Android 4.0.x 4.1.x, Android 4.2.x and Android 4.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean). Language support for Italian, English and French.
WiFi Tether Router is simple to use without complexities. Simply configure the your hotspot by first naming your personal network (located under “Configure WiFi Router”), then select “Enable WiFi Router” to begin surfing the web from your secondary device or PC.
As noted above, each individual smartphone/tablet is different in a myriad of ways, so in cases where a connection is does not work right away, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address your specific situation. We make every effort to respond promptly to inquiries, and you can view some of our customer service success stories in the reviews below. We are constantly improving the code and features of WiFi Tether Router, so your feedback is important!
* Share your Internet to other device via wifi connection.
* Call the embedded wifi ththering (Wifi Hotspot) settings
* App2SD support
* Connect to open access points as you walk by
* Not connect to "open" access points that are paywalls
* You can set connect priority
* Differentiate between two access points both called "linksys"
* When connected will automatically check your connection (or say OK to click wall if that rule is set)
* Option to exit with or without Wi-Fi enabled
* Plays nice with access points your already have setup
The is the Paid version:
+ No Ads
+ Option to start at boot
+ Option to run as a service
Note: the option "Make Android Wi-Fi entry for APs we don't connect to" is enabled yet. Please just ignore that for now.
This premier app turns your phone into the fastest high-bandwidth Internet hotspot around so you can use your laptop, tablet, or game console online. It also easily enables internet via USB, and it's optimized for the latest lightning-fast 4G connections..
This "Professional" version is for tech aficionados who crave internet wherever they go, on whatever device they have, and for business professionals who need 100% reliable online access while traveling and meeting clients.
All for a low, 1-time purchase less than half what some carriers charge every month for a basic hotspot, backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee -- refund within 5 days of purchase by emailing email@example.com
Please try the free "Lite" version to see if it will work with your phone before you buy. This app is hardware-dependent and only works with some phones. (Most HTC phones do not work.)
Does not require root.
Include widgets for 1-touch toggle.
--- PHONE COMPATIBILITY ---
* Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus (no USB), Stratosphere, Exhibit, Exhibit 2, Galaxy S 2, Galaxy Gio, Intercept, Attain, Fascinate, Galaxy Note, Transform, Conquer, Epic, Sidekick 4G, Doubletime, Captivate, Droid Charge
* Motorola Razr, Bionic, Droid 3, X2, Photon
* HTC Wildfire S, Amaze 4G
* Pantech Crossover, Breakout
* Dell Streak
* Sony Xperia arc
* LG G2x, Ally, Optimus C, Optimus V, Optimus S
* Huawei Ascend 2
* T-mobile G2, Comet (Huawei Ideos U8150)
NOT compatible with most HTC, EVO, Photon, Rezound, Inspire, Samsung Prevail, Motorola Triumph, Casio Commando, LG Spectrum, Motorola Bravo,
If your phone is not listed above, please test the "Lite" version of this app before buying.
--- LITE VERSION & REFUND AVAILABLE ---
Please try the free "Lite" version before buying this one. (see below under "MORE BY SVTP")
Google Play provides a free refund within 15 minutes; we offer an extended refund within 5 days: just email firstname.lastname@example.org including the name used on your purchase.
5-day Warranty: Refund is available with 5 days of purchase. After 5 days no refund is available.
Note: Software updates by Android or a wireless carrier may cause this app to stop working in the future.
--- ABOUT THE DEVELOPER ---
SVTP is a family business using technology for development projects in Africa. This app actually came out of research on providing Internet through mobiles phones in Africa. Profits from this app support more development projects in the area of technology and solar power for Africa. Thanks for your support!
Instructions are available at developer's site.
- Supported Wi-Fi -
Tokyo Metro Free Wi-Fi
Toei Subway Free Wi-Fi
Toei Bus Free Wi-Fi
JR East Free Wi-Fi
NTT-EAST FLETS SPOT
Tokyo Metro/Toei Subway/Toei Bus/JR East Free Wi-Fi are provided by Japan Connected-free Wi-Fi.
Smarter Wi-Fi automatically learns and enables Wi-Fi where you use it, and disables it when you're not.
Smarter Wi-Fi Manager improves the security and privacy of your device by only enabling Wi-Fi in locations where you actually use it. Instead of letting your device advertise the name of your home network or try to connect to anyone who has left an access point set to the default name just because you once used a friends network who didn't configure it, Smarter Wi-Fi Manager will turn it off when you're not near somewhere you've used Wi-Fi before.
Concerned about city-wide tracking of clients? When your Wi-Fi is turned off, you won't be broadcasting your MAC address.
Learning a new location is as simple as turning on Wi-Fi: As soon as you've successfully connected, Smarter Wi-Fi Manager will start learning the new location and remember it in the future!
Control Wi-Fi by auto-learned location, Bluetooth devices (always turn off Wi-Fi in the car, for example), and time ranges (keep Wi-Fi on from 5 to 9pm).
Smarter Wi-Fi Manager is open source! Find the full source code at http://www.kismetwireless.net/android-swm/
Your data never leaves your WiFi network. Nothing is ever sent to NextApp or any third party. There is no subscription fee of any kind, nor is there any reliance on external servers or Internet access.
* FILE MANAGER: Use the file browser to upload and download content to and from your device. The file browser is a fully functional file manager, with the ability to move, copy, rename, and delete files and folders on the phone/tablet. DRAG-AND-DROP file upload lets you quickly upload files by simply dragging them into the browser. With Google Chrome, you can event drag-and-drop entire hierarchies of folders. Uploaded files are queued/uploaded sequentially, so you can be repeatedly drag files/folders into WebSharing without worry.
* MUSIC: A built-in music player enables you to stream music from your device to your computer. The music tab features the ability to browse by album, artist, and playlist. Tracks can be uploaded and downloaded wirelessly, with the capability to send/receive multiple tracks at once.
* PHOTOS: The photo browser lets you display and download photos to your computer. A built-in image viewer provides the ability to display large photos with pan and zoom capabilities.
* VIDEOS: The video browser displays videos stored on the phone and/or taken by the camera. Videos may be downloaded or viewed directly using both HTML5 and Flash-based video players. The HTML5 player has streaming support, letting you quickly skip to a position inside large movies.
* WEBDAV ACCESS: WebDAV support enables you to mount your phone/device from Windows, Mac, and Linux computers in much the same manner as you would a USB disk or network shared folder.
* GUEST MODE: Two configurable user accounts, "owner" and "guest", allow fine-grained control over what content is accessible through WebSharing. The owner account can see all content on the device, while the guest account can only view certain items that you specify. Each account has its own password and can be quickly enabled or disabled from the main screen of the application.
* PRIVACY AND PERFORMANCE: Your data never leaves your Wi-Fi network when you use WebSharing. It does not use the Internet / cloud to perform transfers. Your computer and phone/tablet will communicate directly and privately. And because your data doesn't go over the Internet, transfers happen at local network speed.
Network support: WebSharing is intended for use on Wi-Fi networks, but can work over cellular networks if your carrier allows direct access to phones/devices on their network. Most carriers do not allow cellular access.
Browser support: WebSharing supports modern web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
The music player requires Adobe Flash. The video player can use either HTML5 or Flash. The multiple upload feature requires Adobe Flash.
Video format support: WebSharing can play videos using either an HTML5 or Flash-based video player. Video format support varies by browser and operating system. Most current browsers will play MP4 files using HTML5. The Flash player is capable of playing MP4, 3GPP, and FLV files.
More information and documentation are available on our web site: http://android.nextapp.com/site/websharing
Improve your mobile computing experience.
Simple and fast.
**Before running the application configuration is required.
SETTING: Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
Rename or secure your portable hotspot
You can change the name of your phone's Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and secure its Wi-Fi network when it's acting as a portable hotspot.
Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
Make sure Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is checked.
Touch Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Configure Wi-Fi hotspot dialog opens.
Set your name and security options as follows:
Change the Network
TO USE: Just touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot icon on / off
*Subscribing to smartphone data plan is needed for users of some telecommunication firms.
PCCW Wi-Fi is detected, without logging in Wi-Fi every time, save time and enjoy a high speed surfing experience! but auto connect feature of android connects with the WIFI itself.An small widget app to switch the wifi module on or off.
By turning on the wifi symbol is switching to blue, a connection is signalled by a small . this app must be added as widget.
control wifi with one touch on wifi
- HD pictures
- Volume of signal
★ Sale 25% off SuperBeam PRO
★ Free 14 days PRO trial (find it in the navigation drawer menu!)
SuperBeam 4.0 is the easiest and fastest way to share large files between your devices using WiFi direct. Devices can be paired using QR codes (with the included QR code scanner) , NFC or manual sharing key (PRO).
No more clicks and manual approvals for connections. SuperBeam makes file sharing as convenient and fast as it should have been, because it is 2015 already!
• Blazing fast transfer speeds using WiFi direct.
• Pair devices using NFC or QR code scanning.
• Sharing with devices that do not have SuperBeam through web interface.
• Share single or multiple files of any type (photos, videos, zip files, APK's, contacts... You name it!).
• Keep history of all transfer operations.
• Modern Material Design user interface, with simplified send/receive screens (which can be merged under user interface settings).
• Light, dark and AMOLED color themes.
All received files are stored under "/sdcard/SuperBeam" directory by default, this can be changed in settings (PRO). Don't worry about duplicate files, SuperBeam will automatically add unique numbers to duplicate file names.
SuperBeam Switches to hotspot mode automatically for devices that don't support WiFi direct. Also, it can use existing WiFi network connection between devices in case WiFi direct fails.
Get more, upgrade to PRO
Upgrade to SuperBeam PRO and get much more awesome features:
• No more ads.
• Super easy sharing with your computer using SuperBeam app for PC (compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac)
• Change default save location to any available storage.
• Send entire folders and preserve their structure.
• Receive using manual sharing keys.
• Send to more than one device at the same time.
• Share unlimited number of files on web interface, with the ability to download complete structured zip.
• Unlimited history records.
• And much more!
PRO Version Link
What others are saying
★ "A great file transfer tool for power users" - Android Central
★ "Full-featured and well-written app" - CNET Asia
★ "This app is simple to use, convenient, and most importantly it works!" - XDA Developers
★ "A simple concept: share files of any size via NFC verification" - AndroidPolice.com
★ "A Dream!" - mobiFlip.de
★ "Tap and share files for real!" - YourTechReport.com
★ "Makes sharing files between devices quicker and easier" - NFCWorld.com
★ "The transfer happens lightning fast" - Tested.com
★ One of "10 new Android apps worth checking" - AndroidAndMe.com
XDA support thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2177133
• To manage WiFi Direct connection: ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE & CHANGE_WIFI_STATE.
• To receive using QR scanner or Near Field Communication: CAMERA & NFC.
This app uses zxing library for QR code encoding and decoding (https://code.google.com/p/zxing/)
We’ve built the world's largest map of Wi-Fi hotspots, so finding the best connection is no longer a hassle. Our massive network of over hundreds of millions of hotspots is helps you combat slow networks and find the best WiFi anywhere in the world.
Just download wefi Pro to your Android and change the way you experience your device and your monthly bills.
No any complicated settings, just what is really needed to Share WiFi!
*Additional usage charges carrier may apply.
After input your account once, you just open wi-fi and this app will auto connect to wi-fi and login automatically when wi-fi connection available. Please enjoy it !
① Public Free Hotspot SSID : iTaiwan 、TPE-Free 、NewTaipei 、iTaoyuan、iHsinChu 、iTaichung 、tainan 、THSR_freeWIFI 、Dante Coffee 、WIFLY BURGERKING、 Ikari Coffee
② Pay Hotspot SSID : CHT Wi-Fi(HiNet)、7WiFi、WIFLY、G1.Taiwan4G
This is my first priority to recommand you to use Wi-Fi ssid: "iTawian"
You can get free account here. http://itaiwan.taiwan.net.tw/FitTravelRegister.aspx
This app will periodically access a server and if it fails, the app will automatically toggle Wi-Fi on/off.
When the service starts, the app will periodically ping (the default setting is every 15 minutes) a default gateway server and check for a response. If the ping fails three times, it will toggle Wi-Fi on/off. Even when the screen is off, the app will check for a connection. However, if the device is not connected to Wi-Fi to begin with or there are no Wi-Fi connections it will not check the connection.
If you turn the screen on and enable the connection checking function, this service will reside in the memory. When this is off, it will not reside in memory. The app will start when called by the system alarm only for checking the connection.
Free edition of FoxFi will require you to restart after some usage, otherwise it is same as full version.
Sprint and AT&T may not allow you to install our app from Play Store, please install the apk file directly from http://pdanet.co/android, or install on the computer side from http://pdanet.co/a
Due to lockdowns through each phone system update, WiFi mode will only be allowed on a short list of compatible devices. As of April 2015, IN GENERAL,
---Verizon Samsung phones (S3/4/5, Note 2/3/4) , Verizon LG phones (G2/3) and Verizon Sony phones (Z3) are supported with all Android versions including Android 5.0/5.1.
---Verizon HTC phones (M7/8) will only work on Android 4.1 ~ 4.4.
---Verizon Motorola phones will only work on Android 4.3 or below.
---Straight Talk phones will only work if it uses Verizon and is one of the above.
---AT&T Samsung phones will only work on Android 4.2 or below.
---Other carriers/phones will only work if they still have Android 4.0 or below.
---For all other phones, use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead. If you absolutely need a WiFi hotspot, see below for "WiFi Share".
*To get around lockdowns on WiFi mode FoxFi may prompt you to install a certificate on your phone, this will cause the Android system to enforce a screen lock and show a security message in notification. For more detail and steps to remove screen lock please visit http://pdanet.co/wifi.
*If you receive a message asking for a "password for credential strorage" this is due to a bug in the Android system. Please see steps to clear this message at http://pdanet.co/wifi
USB mode works on almost all Android phones. It allows connection from Windows PC or Mac. In addition, PdaNet comes with a "WiFi Share" feature that can further turn the Windows PC into a WiFi Hotspot so that you can connect other devices to it and share your phone's Internet connection.
*T-Mobile or MetroPCS users can only use USB mode with "Hide Tether Usage" enabled in PdaNet. This will break Netflix however.
*If your phone is not recognized by your computer after connecting USB, please see http://pdanet.co/driver
*Please treat Windows tablets (non RT) the same as Windows PC.
Bluetooth mode allows connection from Windows PC, Android tablets (excludes Android 4.4) or devices that supports Bluetooth DUN.
*A system bug in Android 4.4 for tablets will break Bluetooth mode, this is fixed in Android 5.0 or later.
*For Android tablets it is possible only the browser app will work in Bluetooth mode. That is because other apps may be looking for wifi or cell phone connection and not recognize the Bluetooth Internet.
*One way around the above two issues is to find a wifi hotspot to connect the tablet to at the same time (such wifi hotspot does not need to provide Internet access).