- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Lower screen light.
Simple, Intuitive, Useful.
Quickly control in notification.
Automatically dim and brighten as environment.
One click icon to switch dim and bright.
Auto launch at the specific time.
Support color filter.
Keywords : Dimmer, brightness, screen light, night mode.
WRITE_SETTINGS: change system brightness
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: make screen darker
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: auto launch after reboot (only works in time mode)
GET_TASKS: exclude specify app from auto launch (only works in auto mode)
Support Tasker: receive broadcast with these actions to control Dimmer
e.g. Add Tasker command: Action Category → Misc → Send Intent → Action
Dimmer Develop Group http://goo.gl/03dsL1
Help refine and translate into your language.
Welcome to contribute Dimmer open source project.
Apk installation failed: Android disable the installation whenever any app with permission SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW is active.
Some devices are not support disable physical button backlight.
RE ADD WIDGET AFTER UPDATE!!!
If you have problems with ad window int ICS - it's a bug in Launcher/Play/Market:
1. remove auto created shortcut from desktop
2. launch the BrightnessLevel from apps list
3. if you still can see ad window, press back until you get to desktop
4. try to run BrightnessLevel from apps list again, it should disappear.
I hope, Google can fix this bug soon!
Check our OnOff Widgets Pack! All widgets in one with skin support!
Please donate if you like our apps and want to support us
1. open the app
2. select brightness mode
☼ lowest brightness (0%)
☼ half brightness (50%)
☼ highest brightness (100%)
☼ automatic setting using the light-sensor
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt. 😎
▶ Use Cases ◀
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
▶ Permissions ◀
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
(1) Screen brightness adjustment.
(2) Add a filter on the screen (you can adjust the brightness even lower)
Of course, you can also set [Automatic brightness] plus matte, so you can automatically adjust depending on the system, and darker.
Keywords: brightness adjustment, brightness, adjust, filter, mask, screen,bluelight, night, simple, glare, light,eye
Adjustable on screen control is top of all the windows.
You don't need brightness widgets any more.
Just install, setup and adjust brightness by touching screen.
Don't forget: long (more than 5 sec) click or double fingers click to indicator bar will turn system depended autobrightness.
Intent for Tasker (or another similar application):
Type - Broadcast receiver
Name - "rubberbigpepper.DisplayBrightness.SetBrightness"
Integer extra parameter "BrightnessLevel" means which brightness level (from 1 to 100%) to set
Free version shows Ads in the Settings, Pro version does not show.
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro features!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Known issues :
- When Screen Dimmer is on, you can't install apps manually or allow root access with SuperSu, please disable Screen Dimmer when doing so.
- Disabling key's backlights doesn't work on most Samsung devices.
• Tasker support:
Brightness Level Disc has two sizes: 1x1 and 2x2.
Widget does not drain battery.
Revolutionary Brightness Level Disc widget fits perfect for Ice Cream Sandwich Devices with Holographic User Interface.
To add Brightness Level Disc widget press: Home->Menu->Add->Widgets->Brightness Level
Press Brightness toggle Widget to display detailed information about your smartphone's screen brightness and set brightness precisely.
PERMISSIONS are needed for writing system brightness settings and ads (app is completely free, respect work of developer and designer, do not complain about ads)
● Dim your screen way beyond the default brightness controls in Android.
● Designed for ease of use.
● Transparent background allows previewing the brightness level on any app or game.
● Set minimum and maximum brightness values.
● Blue light filter
● Up-to-date Lollipop look & feel.
WellBrightness a brightness tuning tool. With WellBrightness you can
* Change brightness quickly
* Set a comfortable brightness by screen filter in very dark environment
* The Auto option is orignal system's auto backlight setting.
No complex functions , Not much options...
keyword: brightness, screen filter, dim, dark, back light
Xperia AX (SO-01E)
Xperia acro (SO-02C)
GALAXY SⅢ (SC-06D)
MOTOROLA RAZR (IS12M)
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
Be careful! If you set the brightness too low, don't tap OK. Simply use the back button to discard your changes.
If you do set the brightness too low, press your device's power button rapidly until the default brightness is restored.
Protects your Privacy from "peeping toms" and more importantly your Eyes from unwanted LED/LCD display glare.
Auto Best Brightness Level app easily adjust the device's brightness setting by existing profiles or by creating custom configurable brightness profiles according to your need. This can be done by following ways:
- With the slider at the top of the app.
- With the volume up/down buttons while the app is running.
- User-configured minimum brightness (press Menu).
Auto Best Brightness Level simply enables/disables the displays Automatic Brightness setting. Auto brightness gets turned off by a number of things, this just saves you having to go through the menus to re-enable it. Most of the features will work even if your device doesn't have a LIGHT SENSOR and if device has Light Sensor additional functionality is automatically enabled.
== Highlights ==
■ 100 brightness levels.
■ Easily adjust display brightness
■ Create custom configurable brightness profiles
■ Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
■ Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
■ Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
■ Battery efficient for all display types
■ No Ads and no other nuisances.
■ Lightest Brightness controller - Needs only 40KB phone memory when installed on SD card.
WARNING: This allows you to configure the minimum acceptable brightness for your phone\'s screen. Setting this value too low can make your phone unusable. Use the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons to find the minimum brightness setting that you like. This is the brightness that will be used when you move the slider in this application to zero.