FoxFi/PdaNet share your phone's Internet with your computer or tablet through USB, WiFi Hotspot or Bluetooth. That will save you a $20/month tether plan. No rooting is needed.
The USB mode in PdaNet should support almost all Android phones. It also has a Hide Tether Usage feature that can be used when necessary.
WiFi mode (FoxFi) turns your phone into a WiFi hotspot but it only works for some phones.
Please read the following agreement and refund policy below before purchasing the full version.
1. Not all phones models support WiFi mode. Some phone updates may also breaks WiFi mode. Please first install the free version and making sure it works. See http://foxfi.com/devices for compatibility.
2. We do not provide any warranty due to many things we can't control. Carriers have been finding ways to interfere unpaid tether usages such as through system updates.
3. We have extended the refund period from Play Store's 15 minutes to 7 days. Please use the contact link in the order receipt email to request refunds. We won't be able to refund after 7 days, even if some features in PdaNet or FoxFi stop working due to causes we can't control.
After installing the full version key, both FoxFi and PdaNet should display "Full Version Unlocked" at the bottom and should no longer prompt you to upgrade. If that is not happening please contact us. Rare issues in Play Store do happen from time to time. It could also be caused by problem with your Google transaction.
[Please read the full description before reading negative reviews or look for all the positive reviews on the next page]
This app may be useful for you if:
- if you don't have a mobile data plan.
- if you have a limited plan and would like to spare your bytes and money whenever you're at home/work/school.
- if you're roaming and would like to avoid roaming data charges.
- if you prefer speed and want an internet that is faster* than any wifi/3g/4g/lte. (*as fast as your modem)
- if you don't have access to wifi / don't need wifi just for your device.
- if you don't trust the security/privacy of your wifi network.
- if your wifi connection is weak, slow or keeps disconnecting.
- if you would like to access your local network from your device for backups or storage.
Basically, since you're already connected to usb to recharge or sync, why not also have a super fast, unlimited, secure internet connection for no additional charges, for whatever reason, like sync your mail, contacts or calendars, download and update apps, pre-cache maps, use online-only apps/games, etc...
- You'll be able to connect to the internet via USB with a single click. No advanced skills required whatsoever.
- The connection will appear on your device as 3G so that all apps including Market function seamlessly as if you're actually connected to 3G.
- It will first guide you in 2 easy steps to setup your computer for it to work.
- Troubleshooting tips on the spot for most problems.
- No pc-side software installation is needed at all.
- It provides an option to automatically connect as soon as you plug in USB.
- To disconnect, simply unplug USB. To connect again, plug back USB. Voila. Easy.
- A manual configuration option is also available for advanced users.
This app requires:
- A ROOTED android device
- A Tether option in your device.
- A desktop/laptop computer with your device drivers installed (and ability to edit Network Connections, no extra software needed)
- An internet connection
- Patience - a connection may take a few seconds to a few minutes to get established, since there's no direct way to do it but through this trick.
All app permissions are only needed to establish the connection.
Note that this App was not tested on all android devices and might not work on yours, depending on your manufacturer, your carrier's restrictions, your device's configuration or whatnot. Please consider first trying the TRIAL edition (also available on Google Play), before purchasing, and try the troubleshooter before leaving a bad review. And please disregard negative reviews from users whose devices are limited in such a way and don't bother to read this description.
You phone need to have "sqlit3" installed the app to work as well.
Very important, please email to developer if you had
problem!! and Please see the youtube video first.
Don't leave comments like "my internal browser works but
opera doesn't"! it is mostly likely because of your proxy setting and has nothing to do with this app!!!
Just connect your android phone to computer via a USB cable.
With this app and some simple setup steps, the PC side Internet will be shared by your android phone.
This is also known as reverse tether (tethering) or USB reverse tethering.
Again this app requires ROOTED phone.
reverse tether, reverse tethering, usb, internet, windows,
liunx, ubuntu, network
This software allows you to get FULL Internet on an Android tablet if you have an Android phone.
Simply install this program on your Android tablet then select "Configure" to pair with your phone. Follow the instruction if it asks you to install FoxFi or PdaNet on your phone side.
Depending on which phone and tablet you have, you can connect using either WiFi or Bluetooth.
This is completely rewritten and supports Full Internet access with zero delay.
Improve your mobile computing experience.
Simple and fast.
**Before running the application configuration is required.
SETTING: Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Set up Wi-Fi hotspot
Rename or secure your portable hotspot
You can change the name of your phone's Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and secure its Wi-Fi network when it's acting as a portable hotspot.
Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > More > Tethering & portable hotspot.
Make sure Portable Wi-Fi hotspot is checked.
Touch Configure Wi-Fi hotspot.
The Configure Wi-Fi hotspot dialog opens.
Set your name and security options as follows:
Change the Network
TO USE: Just touch Portable Wi-Fi hotspot icon on / off
*Subscribing to smartphone data plan is needed for users of some telecommunication firms.
Installation is simple like with EasyTether or PdaNet, and the in-app setup guide walks you through everything in less than 10 minutes.
The original version has over 20,000 paid users and an average Market rating above 4.3, so everything is well-tested, but please don't hesitate to email and ask questions!
NOTE: Please try the free demo version ("Klink - Tether Demo" on the market) to test compatibility before buying. Klink should work with every device out there, so don't hesitate to contact support if you need help. The demo can be upgraded via the market without any further configuration on your computer.
- Supports Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/32-bit/64-bit), Mac OS X 10.5 (or later), and Ubuntu Linux (32-bit/64-bit).
* Ubuntu binaries can be used with other Linux distributions (also tested with Fedora and Arch).
- This is only for USB connections to a PC or Mac. Tablets are not supported!
- Does not require a rooted device
- It has a unique Mimic Mobile Device mode that lets you browse mobile pages as the device of your choosing to conserve data. Moreover, this mode can also block common background data activity to avoid excessive data usage.
- Written in C (NOT Java) for efficiency, speed, and lower power consumption.
* Is fast and capable of handling 4g speeds: can reach 30mbps in real-world conditions on capable devices.
NOTE TO PURCHASERS OF THE ORIGINAL KLINK: Your purchase is still valid, and it is NOT necessary to buy this version. Please visit the "Download" page at www.faveset.com to download the original version of Klink, or email support if you have questions.
After installing and running Klink, please tap "Set up your Computer" and follow the instructions. Klink requires the installation of a small companion program on your PC or Mac, so following the step-by-step guide is suggested.
HELP: Please visit the Google Group via http://www.faveset.com/klink/support, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It would be appreciated if you asked for help before posting negative feedback, as virtually all problems can be resolved. Otherwise, please leave your email address when commenting so that someone can get in touch with you.
As some users may have difficulty evaluating everything within the 15-minute refund window, a once-per-user 24-hour return policy is in effect; simply include your order number when contacting support. No one should feel rushed. Please contact support if you need any help during setup.
CHECK_LICENSE - Needed for Android Market license verification.
INTERNET - Requires a data connection.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Used for downloading companion files during setup.
EasyTether shares Internet connection from your smartphone with your computer, tablet and router.
It supports USB tethering for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux or FreeBSD computers, Android 5.0 / 4.0.3+ tablets and OpenWRT-based routers.
It supports Bluetooth tethering for Windows computers and Android 5.0 / 4.0.3+ tablets.
It does not require root access or special tethering plans.
If Sprint or another carrier has made the app invisible in Google Play, you can download EasyTether apk from our website
EasyTether uses only official APIs ensuring your phone's security.
Unlike many tethering widgets, EasyTether implements its own tethering mechanism completely from scratch.
THE LITE VERSION BLOCKS HTTPS, INSTANT MESSENGERS AND GAME CONSOLE TETHERING. IF YOU WANT FULL FEATURES, PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION.
Full app allows https - access to secure sites such as facebook, gmail, online banking etc.
Full app supports PS3, Xbox and Wii tethering by means of Internet connection sharing feature on Windows or Mac.
Full app is $9.99, one-time fee only.
All updates are free for registered users, simply re-type the activation code from your purchase confirmation e-mail.
"EasyTether Pro takes your hand and walks you gently into Tetherland. You'll be tethering with this app for years to come, as long as your carrier still offers unlimited data.While the setup prcoess may be a bit tricky for the least tech savvy, most users will be up and tethering in no time. Tether on my friends. 9.5/10" - Ben Freed, App Rundown
"While EasyTether involves a bit more work than rooted tether apps, it is a nice solution for people that can't or don't want to root their phones." - Ed Clark, Androinica
"Overall, EasyTether is a great app to have. It is very useful and since it is USB enabled it will not drain your battery. The speed is excellent even though it is coming from a smartphone. I suggest that you go Pro for $9.99 just because it will allow you to access websites that you will probably need to access anyway (HTTPS)." - The Good Find
Pro version let you enter the USB Tethering frame automatically.
*Note: Before using this app, please make sure that your notebook/netbook has installed the USB Tethering driver first. This app has related instruction. This app is based on Google official function, if your brand modified google's offical feature, it won't work then.
If you use HTC evo, please don't buy this app. Some users' feedback it won't work on HTC evo. If you bought this app, and it doesn't work, please email to us and tell us your machine.
* Refund Guarantee * Please provide your order number to me.
- CheckBox for autostart USB Tethering. Will allow you to decide whether the application starts when you connect your phone to your computer.
- Traffic shows the download and upload speed and the amount of data sent and downloaded.
- Paid app contains no ads and a new feature: Automatic transition to USB tethering.
- Application was tested on android 4.0 to 4.4.
EasyTether shares Internet connection from your smartphone with your computer or tablet.
It supports USB tethering for Windows, Mac OS X or Linux computers and Android 4.x tablets.
It supports Bluetooth tethering for Windows computers and Android 4.0.3+ tablets.
It does not require root access or special tethering plans.
It supports PS3, Xbox and Wii tethering by means of Internet connection sharing feature on Windows or Mac.
One-time fee only.
Some carriers have hidden the original EasyTether app. They cannot do
this because of the latest FCC tether rules.
Note that all paid EasyTether versions function the same way. There is
no difference. You can buy whatever is visible with your carrier.
Remove other EasyTether versions before installation.
EasyTether is developed by Mobile Stream.
This widget allows you instantly share your phone internet connection (3G / 4G / HSPA / LTE)with other devices. Perfect WiFi USB Tether works via USB and Wi-Fi. Does not require root access. Via USB it shares your phone internet connection with PC / Laptop / Tablet (Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP 64 / 32 bit), Mac OS X, Ubuntu, Fedora. Via Wi-Fi it shares internet with any Wi-Fi equipped devices. (Smart TV, Satellite receiver, Xbox etc.) For Wi-Fi tethering 3g / 4g should be activated in your phone. With Perfect WiFi USB Tether Widget you can turn ON / OFF your tethering connections instantly.
Note: Make sure that your Android device supports tethering. Make sure that all of the necessary drivers (for tethering via USB) are installed and your devices are preconfigured for sharing. Do not need to install any drivers to tether via Wi-Fi.
IMPORTANT: This application is home screen widget.
TO USE: Home -> Menu -> Widgets -> Perfect Tethering
Application was tested on android 4.0 to 4.4.
The widget is active when the app is running and USB is connected.
In version 1.1 added data transfer rate.
In version 1.2 added data transfer rate widget.
In version 1.3 added automatic start when USB plugged.
In version 1.31 fix null pointer on large screens.
In version 1.32 fixed register receiver for USB Power Plugged.
Tag: USB Tethering, USB Tether, Simple Tethering, Easy Tethernig, USB Cable
The application is very simple and user-friendly.
The main features of USB Tethering Pro are:
- No root access required.
- USB connection cable from your smartphone to PC.
- Real-time traffic statistics (downloaded and uploaded mb).
- Clean and beautiful UI.
Just try this application and you will love it! USB Tethering Pro is the simplest way to share internet connection from the smartphone to your PC or laptop.
Android 4.4: does not generally work; some devices may work with dummy Wi-Fi trick though.
Android 4.3 down to 4.0.3: web browsing WORKS; dummy Wi-Fi or a similar trick required for other apps.
These notes apply to the TABLET-side app ONLY. Regular EasyTether works on all Android versions.
Install on your tablet and follow the instructions.
EasyTether Tablet provides Internet connection shared from your smartphone using USB or Bluetooth.
USB tethering requires USB host cable (also known as USB OTG cable)!
If you need to tether your smartphone to your computer, see the smartphone-side EasyTether application.
A known issue:
Apps that ask the system if there is an Internet connection do not work.
It happens because the system does not treat VPN connection without underlying Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection as Internet connection. It does not matter if you use the Lite or the full EasyTether on your phone.
The workaround is to connect to some dummy Wi-Fi network (without Internet access).