Usage is extremely simple:
1. Touch the very bottom of the screen and slowly swipe your finger up towards the middle of the screen.
2. When you get towards the middle, the wave appears!
3. Without raising your finger, swipe left or right to select the desired application.
4. To launch the app, simply raise your finger from the screen.
5. If you change your mind and don't want to launch anything, simply swipe the wave back to the bottom.
✓ The wave can contain any application or shortcut you can add to your home screen.
✓ The wave can contain a direct-access icon to the built-in app-drawer.
✓ The wave can contain dynamically updating recently-used apps.
✓ 'Recents Mode' will show you 12 recently used-apps
✓ Manual exclude list for recents.
✓ Create folders on the wave. Folders are fully controllable with swiping alone.
✓ Customizable wave colors and icon size
✓ The wave is accessible anytime, regardless of which application is currently running, using a simple gesture!
✓ Supports custom icons from ADW themes (More coming soon!).
✓ Use any picture/icon from your gallery/SD-card as icon.
✓ The wave responds to your finger movement. It changes its shape, icon size, and icon transparency.
✓ Can be enabled by swiping from the bottom, left side or right side of the screen (See the 'calibrate' screen)
✓ Fully independent, doesn't need to replace your home-screen app.
✓ Doesn't interfere with running applications.
✓ Small memory footprint.
✓ Fully customizable gesture-area with a single long-press and swipe!
✓ Doesn't affect battery-life!
✓ Tons of customization settings!
✓ Plugins infrastructure.
✓ App-drawer plugin with single-tap and long-press functionality.
✓ Controllable notification action.
✓ Localized to 9 languages:
English, Hebrew, Spanish, Serbian, Italian, French, Russian, German and Polish!
NOTE: Notification icon can be disabled in the settings screen.
App-drawer plugin features:
✓ Cool animations.
✓ Sort alphabetically.
✓ Sort by last-update-time.
✓ Sort in ascending/descending order.
✓ Unlike standard home-app, icons are kept in volatile cache and memory is freed when asked by Android.
✓ Long-press apps to show on market, and uninstall.
This is a very customizable app. PLEASE read the info in the Help screen, it contains lots of useful information.
NOTE: Permission to make phone calls is required for placing direct-call shortcuts on the wave.
(Call your loved-ones with a single swipe!)
Your input and comments are welcome at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot respond to market comments, but your e-mail will be answered with 100% guarantee!
Tags: wavelauncher, gesture detection, mobile merit, app drawer, WebOS, Palm Pre, HP Pre
You can also add shortcut to your own apps into the notification bar!
In the settings, you can choose which notifications should be active. All icons & colors can easily be changed through the app for full customization!
• Not every toggle will work on every device
• Some settings aren't changeable by user apps, so it will bring you directly to the Android settings
• Exclude from task-killers!
• If your device is rooted, you can install the app in /system/app for direct GPS toggle even on Android 2.3+ and more
• The app can not remove the build-in toggle notification on Samsung phones
• Having the "TalkBack" bug? Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=28842919&postcount=776
• Please read the FAQ in the app before posting a review
Available toggles & shortcuts:
• Sound / Vibration, Sound / Silent, Sound menu
• Brightness mode / menu / 5 predefined stages
• Screen timeout dialog
• Wake lock
• Flight mode
• Mobile data
• Flashlight (might require "TeslaLED" app)
• Sync & Sync now
• WiFi- & USB-Tethering
• Music: previous / next / pause
• WiFi settings / advanced settings
• Bluetooth settings, Bluetooth visbility
• Mobile data settings
• Data usage
• next Wallpaper (requires "Wallpaper Changer" app)
• Lockscreen (requires "Delayed Lock" app)
• Shutdown & Reboot (requires root)
• own apps & shortcuts (shortcuts feature requires an in-app purchase)
This awesome app icon is made by http://www.graphical360.com :)
If you don't like the default icons, click on 'Icons & Colors' and use your own icons or use the 'Icon Downloader for NT' app do download alternative icons made by xda users.
ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - toggle GPS on Android 2.2 devices
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - toggle wifi tethering
BILLING - for in-app billing
BLUETOOTH_ADMIN & BLUETOOTH - toggle Bluetooth
CALL_PHONE - direct call contacts from notification
CAMERA & FLASHLIGHT - turn on camera flashlight
CHANGE_NETWORK_STATE - toggle mobile data on 2.3+
CHANGE_WIFI_STATE & ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - toggle WiFi
EXPAND_STATUS_BAR - to close the status bar on ICS devices
MANAGE_USB - toggle usb tethering
MODIFY_PHONE_STATE - mobile data toggling on Android 2.2
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to load custom icons
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - place the notifications after boot
SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW - necessary on Android 2.x for detecting which toggle was clicked
VIBRATE - for haptic feedback option
WAKE_LOCK - for the wake lock toggle
WRITE_APN_SETTINGS - fallback method to toggle mobile data on Android 2.x
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to save shortcut icons like contact pictures
WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS - GPS toggling on rooted pre-4.3 devices
WRITE_SETTINGS - to toggle various stuff like rotation & screen brigthness
WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS - toggle sync
Launch SAO Launcher by swiping down from the top right or left corners. Various orbs will fall down, giving you access to contacts, applications, maps, and more. When you're finished, tap away to dismiss the orbs.
SAO Launcher can be extended with themes and extensions, found inside the Store (Settings Orb)! Themes can change the entire look and feel of the app, from images to sounds and fonts. Extensions, meanwhile, will add additional orbs to SAO Launcher, giving you enhanced functionality. Best of all, both have public APIs! Anyone can write a theme or extension and easily share it with others. Get started with the following links.
For those with too much free time, try to find the rotating orbs easter egg.
Q: Why can't I uninstall the app!?
A: It's probably set as a Device Administrator. Go into Settings, Security, Device Administrators, and uncheck SAO Launcher.
Q: How do I get sms to pop up?
A: Install the SMS extension - it's another app, you can find it under Other Apps by this Developer
Q: How do I use themes?
A: Install the theme, then go into Options. You should immediately see it as a choice aside Default.
Q: Why is there a delay launching the app after pressing the Home button?
A: Android introduces a 5sec delay for all services after the Home button is pressed. There is no way to get around this.
Q: Why do I still see my old SMS notifications after installing the extension?
A: I can't touch another app's notifications. Luckily, the default SMS app lets you disable notifications in settings.
Q: Why can't I hear any sound?
A: There are different streams (System, Notification, Media). Some phones disable System, the stream usually reserved for button clicks. If you have one of those phones, you'll have to change the stream in Options.
Q: This isn't a launcher! Why claim it is?
A: It is... Sort of. It launches apps. It is not meant to replace your default launcher, though.
Q: Why is log out missing
A: Log out required Admin Rights, which make it difficult to uninstall apps (You have to manually go into Settings, drill down into Administrative Apps, remove the app, then uninstall). True frustration is being asked (many times!) every day how to uninstall the app (usually via a 1star review). Anyway, now people bug me about why log out is missing, which I frankly prefer, because at least they leave me with 4star reviews.
Q: Can you add feature X?
A: Shoot me an email at email@example.com, I'll see what I can do.
"It’s nice to see such a versatile app intended to help you multitask more efficiently." - XDA Developers
1. Why do I have persistent notification in status bar?
From android 4.3+, system will show persistent notification for background app. This could prevent Sidebar Launcher from being killed by system.
2. Why can't I uninstall Sidebar Launcher?
The "Lock screen" feature requires activating device administrator, so you have to deactivate it in security settings before uninstalling.
There are two ways to uninstall it:
1. Open Sidebar Launcher, go to settings page, find the "Uninstall" option. (Recommend)
2. First, go to "System settings" -> "Security settings" -> "Device administrators" deactivate "Sidebar Launcher", then uninstall Sidebar Launcher in a normal way.
Sidebar Launcher - Fantastic multi-tasking way on Android
Sidebar Launcher brings you the most fantastic way to multi-tasking on your phone and tablet. With the exclusive design of "Card", you will feel the most incredible efficiency when you're operating on your device. Sidebar Launcher is floating on any apps. You can swipe to show it any where and any time.
So, what is "Card"? Card is a defined as a single/group of function. Add/Remove card as you want, make Sidebar Launcher be your very personal assistant. Please let us know what kind of feature/"Card" you want. We will try our best to make it happen.
We support following Cards:
1. Time & Date
2. Quick settings (Toggles)
3. Favourite apps
- Lock screen
- App drawer
- Expand status bar
- Volume up / down
- Menu (need root)
- Back (need root)
6. Display battery & Clear memory
7. Music controller
8. Recent apps
9. Recent calls
10. Recent messages
2. Display battery & Clear memory
3. Music controller
4. Remove Ads in this app
Please share your ideas with us. Tell us what kind of Card you want. Let's make this app better and better together. If there is any problem or feedback, please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Docks up to 8 apps/contacts and a custom name.
* Longpress app icon and drag to move its location
* Tap center icon to reconfigure.
* Download icon packs and choose your own icon
If you have issues after 1.6 update - Uninstall and reinstall.
Coming soon Multi select apps.
1. Another developer has compiled the latest launchers from Google - search for "Digital Cookies" in the play store.
2. Apex Launcher
Google's launcher from Android 4.1 Jellybean, available for you, good gentleperson, right here, right now. No ads. No catches.
WHY DO I HAVE TO CHOOSE THE WIDGETS TWICE?!
Unfortunately it has to be this way. Sorry. It is due to Google cheating slightly with widget security.
I previously said that it "will likely never be fixed by Google, 'cause it doesn't affect them". Well I guess I have to eat my words because in Android 4.1 they fixed it! If you run this app on Android 4.1 it won't ask you to pick your widgets twice. Whether you'll actually ever get Android 4.1 is a-whole-nother story.
Oh yeah, also please don't rate it low because it doesn't have many features. That is kind of the point - it has exactly the same features as in the stock app. If you want more, check out Apex Launcher. :-)
If you want ICS icons, install ICS apps! The launcher does not decide the icons.
This patch is mainly for fixing the issue that the Next Launcher cannot be set to the default launcher properly. Please IGNORE this patch if you don’t have this issue.
If you purchased the launcher from Google Play and if you have to set the launcher every time you restart your device, please follow the steps below to apply this patch.
1. Make sure your Next Launcher is already upgraded v1.19.1 or higher.
2. Install this patch and restart your device.
3. After the device restarted up, select "Next Launcher Patch" as ALWAYS use in the launcher selection window (Please note NOT to select "NextLauncher")
4. Next time you restart your device, the issue will no longer exist.
Feel free to contact us if there is any problem or suggestion.
You can select applications and shortcuts to launch from this widget. For some customize features, you can apply some filters to application icons, then also be able to change text color and font.
You need to purchase "Shortcut Import Feature" item to use shortcuts in this widget.
If you purchase "Font Import Feature" item, you can use any font files that you would like to use for this widget by put the font files in to the application specific SD card folder.
If you purchase "Color Picking Feature" item, you can use four colors that picked from current wallpaper.
■ Developer Info
・Yuki Anzai (uPhyca Inc.)
・twitter : @yanzm
・Apps created by yanzm : https://market.android.com/developer?pub=yanzm
WARNING!! Google will be retiring Google Latitude from Google Maps by 7th August 2013. This app will not be functional after that. I'll remove it after the 7th.
This app creates a shortcut to Google Latitude. Please remove this app if and when Google fixed the problem.
This project still lacks a few features and translation. You are welcome to contibute!
Translations are hosted under http://crowdin.net/project/activitylauncher/invite
Available on Nexus or Google Play edition devices with Android 4.4 (KitKat).
• Google Now on your home screen - it's easier than ever to get just the right information at just the right time.
• Just say "Ok Google" - when you're on your home screen, just say "Ok Google" to trigger voice input. Then say your search query. Or tell your phone what to do, like send a text message, get directions, or play a song (available in the US, UK, and Canada).
• Faster search - tap the search box and you can enter your query immediately.
• Easy access to your favorite Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
• Larger viewing area - the status and navigation bars are now translucent, so your wallpaper pops from every pixel, and is even visible when you expand your apps drawer (when supported by device).
• Intuitive wallpaper picker - select any image that's stored on your device, or in the cloud. Position and preview your wallpaper before you set it.
The phone can light up the Illumination Bar, the regular notification LED and the Camera Flash LED.
*** Note: This app requires a Sony Xperia with illumination bar for full functionality. ***
*** If you run Cyanogen mod or any other custom rom check out the first post of this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1706875
Support for different LEDs are hardware dependent. Camera flash will work on most devices.
Additional functionality in Illumination Bar Pro:
More colors. Any RGB color where hardware supports it
Personal Notifications (Incoming Call, Missed Call, SMS) - Dedicate a special color to anyone in your contact list.
The illumination bar can blink with different speeds or have a constant light depending on your preference.
You can also set the illumination bar light to "always on" while the screen is active.
In addition to SMS and Missed Calls, notifications from almost any app is supported.
The following Apps are verified, but most other apps should also work:
This app only have full functionality on the range of Sony Xperia mobile phones that have an illumination element (the transparent bar at the bottom of the phone).
Currently this is the following models: Xperia S, Xperia P, Xperia U, Xperia J, Xperia SP & Xperia L
Users have reported it also works with Ion & Sola and a few other models.
On Xperia U multiple colors are available to choose from (Red, Green, Blue, etc).
Xperia S and P only have hardware support for one color so they are limited to white light.
The bar will light up until the SMS is read, the call has been acknowledged or optionally the lights can be turned off when the screen is unlocked. You can also stop the light from the status bar.
There is also an option to stop blinking after a fixed time even if the notification has not been acknowledged.
If you don't want the bright light to shine when you are sleeping, you can set "off hours" when the light will be disabled.
HOW TO USE
1. Start the "Custom Notification".
2. Press the "Shortcuts", "Widgets" or "Apps" button to place icons.
3. Freely arrange them by Drag and Drop.
(You can delete them by dropping them on the trash)
4. Select the priority of the notification. (Only Jelly Bean)
"No status icon" makes the icon in the status bar hidden, but the notification is collapsed (You can expand it).
Android 4.0 and higher (ICS and JellyBean)
Some limitations shown below exist on Android 4.0.
- The height of notifications are fixed, so you can put one-line widgets only.
- The status icon cannot be hidden, but can be transparent only.
- Direct call shortcuts are available on EX version.
- Some widgets can not be placed on the notification (ex. Google search bar).
There is also a pro version of this app in the market. Plug In Launcher PRO includes wifi and bluetooth connectivity support, and also "extra actions" of toggling bluetooth, wifi, and ringer mode.
Tired before bed and want the Alarm clock app to launch when you plug it in to charge? Go ahead and plug it in... AND ITS THERE!
Out on a run and want to quickly launch one of your music player apps? just plug in your headphones and have it automatically press play!
Want to launch wifi tethering when you connect to your computer? DONE!
Once installed, specify which applications you want to launch when the respected cables are connected.
The Power and Usb capabilities are determined based on the new toggle button preference in their tabs. The Headset capabilities require a small service that is ran in the background. It is not running if the status is off.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED -- start up headset service after reboot (if status is on)
DISABLE_KEYGUARD -- unlocking screen
WAKE_LOCK --- waking up screen on headset connect
NOTE: If you install on the SD card, The headset capabilities will not work if the SD card is mounted. (please turn status off and on again when moving app between phone and SD)
Graphics provided by Adrian Lunsong.
I cannot reply to comments. Please email me to receive a reply.
# Supported Languages
- English, 한국어, Deutsch, Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Português, 中文(简体), русский , 日本語
# New UI, more convenience, more stable, more detail
# New features
- Separated flash between Notification apps, Incoming call, SMS / MMS
- Screen Flash : Automatic color extraction, app icon display
- Default settings and detail settings of the notification app
- More friendly user interface
# Flash Type
- Type 1 : Most devices
- Type 2 : Nexus 5
- Type 5 : Droid Razr
( If the flash works in Flash Type 1, Don' t change Type)
----- NOTICE ----------------
1) How to solve Text-To-Speech problem. (Voice issue)
(1) In app, Click FAQ in menu button
(2) Disable all of TTS-related app on the below in FAQ screen.
2) If it doesn't work sometimes, Try to turn the power off and then on.
3) Setup info for GoSMS, HandcentSMS, third party SMS apps
- Add to Notification App, because they prevent original SMS message event.
# Notification Flash & Screen Flash
- Flash when a new notification arrives in selected app
(Whatsapp, Email, Twitter, Alarm/Clock, Messenger, any other app)
* For Android 4.3 or above : [Notification] service. (Free TTS problems,For more precise work)
* For Android 4.2 or below : [Accessibility] service
# Incoming Call Flash
# SMS/MMS Flash
# Missed Call / Unread SMS / Repeat Notification
## Please refer ##
1) Some devices may not work.
2) If it doesn't work, reboot your phone
Notification / Flash / LED / light / blink / flashlight / camera / shiny / noti / alert / alerts / notify / twitter / facebook / messenger / kakao / clock / Whatsapp / line / email /gmail / google+ / deaf / hearing / impairment
More from developer
The URL of the app in the Android Market has been
Management can be grouped and labeled.
Can function together as a mushroom Simeji.
You can paste the URL and application name and select a bookmark.
Fixed a problem that does not start ※.
Time may not yet started, please contact us.
If you have any other requests and bug reports ※,
Feel free to comment, please contact us by email.
Widget will simply tap the carriage would work very delicate and complex function.
The Widget also has drawbacks had only one absolutely unforgivable.
Your home is a great artistic and beautiful.
But how do I build a home that is hard to know.
Widget but the art of butchery would design your very ugly and shabby.
The app then I will exert strong.
This application works only when the tap is extracted from the Widget,
Can be placed on it as a shortcut home.
The icons can be selected freely, also would be nice to customize the design with other apps.
However, this application because they are experimental,
Maybe you might give this app a bad rating.
It's no wonder. Unless it is about instead, I will not guarantee the behavior of this application.
Let us write the notes just in case.
1. Not all can not shortcut the Widget.
Likely change their behavior depending on the location and especially tap.
In this case, information can be obtained from the Widget.
2. Able to work even when the shortcut is not always right.
Deserve the shortcut to force it to convert what was originally to act as a Widget.
Here's the reason most of my work is not guaranteed.
The application to start can be set up according to the number of counts.
Two or more starting points can be specified.
A setup of "doing nothing" was added.
A setup of the existence of vibration when a screen is touched was added.
Multiplex starting is not permitted.
A setup which fixes a tap location was added.
A setup of the length of vibration was added.