Instant Heart Rate is the most accurate Heart Rate Monitor app for any smartphone and it does not need any external hardware.
Use it for optimizing your exercise and to track your progress.
Install it now and keep fit.
Accuracy is constantly tested by fitness coaches, nurses, doctors, EMTs and 5 million users like you.
★★★★★ by Ducky
I love this app! Its really neat caus im trying to get healthy-er. Five stars
★★★★★ by Summer
I was skeptical- being a nurse I thought yah right! So I tried it at work with a monitor. It worked! Very very happy!
Place the tip of your index finger on phone’s camera and in a couple of seconds your Heart Rate will be shown.
A real-time chart will show your every heart beat.
It uses your phones built-in camera to track color changes on the fingertip that are directly linked to your pulse. This is the same technique that medical pulse oximeters use.
Now you have a chance to track your fitness and health every-time with just your phone.
Your resting heart rate gives you a view into your hearts fitness. The fitter you get the lower your heart rate will be.
✓ Heart rate measurements
✓ Real time PPG graph - see your every heart beat
NOTE: Works best on devices with flash. On other devices it has to be used with good lighting.
- Leverages your iOS devices camera to detect fingertip coloration changes as blood flows in and out
- See your heartbeat on screen just like you would on a true cardiograph machine
- Tracks and tags each measurement for easy analyzation
- View which cardio zone you're in: Resting, Warm Up, Fat Burn, Cardio, Extreme Cardio, or Max Heart Rate
NOTE: Works best with devices that have a flash. Non-flash devices can be used in good lighting. Remember to only gently place fingertip on camera as pressing hard restricts blood flow.
Now includes audible HR alarms and text-to-speech for handsfree operation.
This app DOES NOT WORK unless you have an ANT+ compliant smartphone and ANT+ compliant heart rate strap.
If in doubt, please verify your device supports ANT+ before purchasing this app.
If your device ends up not working we can either refund you or update the app to work depending on your device.
This app is tested with the following devices:
Samsung Note 3
Samsung Galaxy S4 with android 4.3.
This app SHOULD work with the following devices but haven't been tested.
Samsung Galaxy S5 (please test and let us know)
Xperia acro S
Xperia arc S
Xperia mini pro
Xperia neo V
Xperia ray Live with Walkman
Xperia X10 mini
Xperia X10 Mini pro
* Chart to show your heart rate over time in real time w/ pan & zoom.
* Map that shows your heart rate color coded route in real time.
* Export your heart rate data to either TCX file format or Comma Separated Value (CSV) text file format so you can analyze it externally. CSV data format: Time, Heart Rate, Latitude, Longitude, Altitude (meters above sea level), Speed (meters/second), Heart Rate Variability (milliseconds), Calories Burned (kcal), Battery Level (%).
Each premium feature is unlocked independently.
Displays battery level for Polar H7 and other HRM devices that support sending battery level information. The feature is active on Android 4.3 and Samsung devices at this time.
Due to Android Bluetooth Low Energy support limitations, this app only supports devices running Android 4.3 and above, the Samsung GS4 (Android 4.2+), and the following HTC devices - HTC One, HTC Droid DNA and HTC One X+ (Android 4.1+). Please note that your device must have hardware that supports Bluetooth SMART. If your device is not supported, please don't give my app a bad rating because it is out of my control. If you'd like to know why your device is not supported, please email me at email@example.com. The 2012 Nexus 7, Nexus 10, and Galaxy Nexus are not supported at this time.
The Samsung GS3, GS2, Note 2, and Motorola Razr XT910 have been confirmed to work with Cyanogenmod 10.2. You may need to put a file "android.hardware.bluetooth_le.xml" in /system/etc/permissions in order for Android to detect that the device supports Bluetooth SMART. Please email the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like help using Cyanogenmod 10.2.
It has been verified to work with the Mio Alpha, Polar H7, BlueLeza HRM Blue, Zephyr HxM Smart, Viiiiva, 60beat Blue, Beets BLU, and Wahoo heart rate monitors and should be compatible with any BLE heart rate measuring device.
** in next update ==> more HRV enhancements!
V1.8.5: - x-axis "auto adjust after 330bpms" at bpm display screen improved
- HRV extension, new: Poincare plot and SDNN added
- enhancement of csv formats: csv-format 1 - time stamp added, hint if heart rate measurement interrupted and reconnected, ...
- display of bpm curve in single step mode
- enhancement of hrm-csv export (feature 1b) with:
start of bpm measurement/gps at hh:mm:ss
--> time between GPS points, latitude, longitude, altitude, BPM, speed, distance
- time for notification in statusbar switchable
- threshold for recording from 20..200 bpm possible(switchable)
- auto-reconnect if ble-device disconnects
- statistics data
- gps tracking with address resolving for geocodes, formula for calories
- gps tracking with recording and storage into file(incl. BPM values)
- energy measurement (handling of energy expended flag)
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV): Display, record, saving to files and export:
Distance between two heartbeats is defined as the time between the start of two contractions of the ventricles.
This beginning of ventricular contraction appears on the ECG as a so-called R-wave.
The distance between two R-waves is referred to as the RR interval.
The RR interval can be defined as the reciprocal of the heart rate convert
(60 BPM ~ 1000 ms: 60 BPM ~ 1000 ms RR interval).
The RR intervals are not the same length as a rule, but subject to fluctuations.
The quantification of these changes are termed heart rate or heart rate variability (HRV). ( BPM = Beats perMminute).
- handling of RR-intervals (heart rate variability) and export (for further processing e.g. by Kubios-SW)
- Heart Rate Monitoring (HRM): Display, record, saving to files and export:
- display recorded BPM's stored in file, export bpm values as csv-file
- parameter: max/min BPM
- increase/decrease speed of displaying bpm curves
- auto-adjust min-max coordinates
- system notification of heart rate, bpm-average, calories
- multi language(text and announcements)
- voice output of BPM values(speech)
- min-/max - BPM tone, alerting function
- gps measurement: time, distance, average speed, altitude over sea level
- allow inaccurate BLE-interface if BLE-device isn't standard conform (e.g. Ciclio BLE chest strap), ....
- tones and alarms can be toggled from recording screen so you don't have to quit the activity to silence the audio.
- keep screen always ON when recording (switchable)
- toggle: keep bluetooth active after app finished or switch off
- direct connection button to previous used ble-device without scaning
- changeable layout colors
ONLY for smartphones >= Android-4.3 and Heart Rate Measurement Devices with Bluetooth 4.0 ( = BLE = Bluetooth Low Energy = Bluetooth Smart).
Devices with elder Bluetooth-Interface as BT-2, BT-3 or ANT/ANT+ are NOT supported!
"The Polar Beat acts like a personal trainer in your palm"
"...well designed user interface that looks pretty, and the functions work easily"
Polar Beat is at its best when used together with a Polar Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor. Polar Beat is a training and exercise app that goes beyond just recording workouts. It actually interprets your workout data, so you’ll know what your body has achieved and what to do to meet your goals more effectively.
For training indoors or out – Polar Beat works from running and cycling to gym sessions and weightlifting.
PLAN your training before you get started
- Choose a training target – maybe you want to burn calories* or beat a time or distance record
- Choose your activity – Polar Beat is suitable for any exercise, indoors or out
TRAIN at the right intensity
- Meet your training goals with the help of real-time graphical and voice guidance
- Stay at the right intensity for the most effective workout*
- Track your distance, pace and route while walking, running or cycling
- Listen to music while training
ANALYZE and understand your training session
- See what you achieved with each workout – for example, whether you improved endurance, increased your strength, or burned fat*
- Understand the impact of your workout at different intensity levels*
- Get the most accurate calorie tracking – even while exercising indoors*
- Re-live your routes on the map and get motivation from weekly summaries
SHARE your results with friends
- Keep your promises - or outdo others - and shout it out on Facebook and Twitter
UPGRADE your training experience
Get a new boost to your training and choose our in-app purchases. We offer you:
All-inclusive* – includes all of the following training features.
Polar Fitness Test* - Measure your fitness level while you lie down and relax!
Running Index* - Shows how your running performance is developing.
EnergyPointer* - See the main effect of your workout in real-time - whether you’re burning fat or improving fitness.
Benefit Target* - Set specific training targets - like boosting recovery or improving endurance - and get guidance to achieve it.
* When used with the Polar H7 or H6 heart rate sensor. Please note: Polar Beat is designed to be used with Polar Bluetooth Smart sensors, and it's compatible with Android devices that support Bluetooth Smart. It is not compatible with other Polar heart rate sensors or wrist units, which use a different transmission technology. Polar Bluetooth Smart sensors may not be available in all countries due to the local legislation.
Discover more about Polar Beat at www.polar.com/beat
Please note: Continuous use of GPS can dramatically decrease your phone’s battery life.
Everyone’s maximum heart rate is different, and also our resting heart rates vary based on our age and training level. Want to know your resting heart rate or find out how fast your heart is beating after a certain fitness activity? Get Runtastic Heart Rate PRO to not only measure your pulse, but also compare different results, receive reminders for regular HR measurements and benefit from an array of additional features. Whether it’s after a hard training session or before your next exam - we show you how fast your heart is beating. No extra devices necessary, all you need is your smartphone. Easy as pie, right? Go PRO today!
* Unlimited measurements: Determine your heart rate anytime, anywhere & as often as you like
* Use filters: Filter your measurements according to type (resting HR, pre-& post-workout HR, maximum HR)
* Graphs to monitor your progress: Monitor how your resting heart rate develops
* Reminder: Receive automatic notifications for regular HR measurements
* No ads
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Measure your heart rate with your smartphone camera
* Graphs illustrate your measurements
* Different measuring types: resting HR, pre- & post-workout HR, maximum HR
* Upload your results to Runtastic.com, compare and analyze your measurements by day, week or year
* Share your HR measurements in social networks like Facebook, Google+ & Twitter or via email
EASY TO USE
* Place and lightly hold your (index) finger against the back camera lens and flashlight
* Do not press too hard, otherwise blood circulation will be altered and the results could be
* When using a smartphone or tablet without a LED flashlight, be sure to take the measurement in a well-lit area (bright daylight works best)
* Remain calm and try not to move too much during the measurement, as this can compromise measurement accuracy
* Do not measure with cold fingers when the blood circulation is poor
Your resting heart rate varies depending on your age and training level. A very fit and athletic person has a lower resting HR than someone who’s hardly active. Eager to know if your fitness level has improved? Measure your heart rate on a regular basis and monitor the progress of your resting heart rate.
Download the Runtastic Heart Rate PRO App today, check your heart rate regularly and show your friends how cool & calm you remain even when in a seemingly stressful situation!
WARNING: This is not a medical product.
Elite HRV uses advanced Heart Rate Variability algorithms and
individualized trending to help you optimize athletic performance and
minimize bad stress all at the same time.
Elite HRV shows you:
* The balance and strength of your Autonomic Nervous System
* Your body's ability to perform each day
* When and how to prioritize recovery for maximum results
Find out if your Sympathetic (Performance) Nervous System is dragging
you down or if your Parasympathetic (Recovery) System is strong enough
to reach your goals. Strike a balance between the two with guided
breathing and HRV biofeedback training within the app.
There are New reading types!
* Heart Rate Recovery (HRR) and HRV Recovery
* 1 minute HRV snapshot
* Exercise, warm up and cool down tracking
* Guided Breathing Meditation
Take control of your stress and recovery today with Elite HRV.
*Note: A Bluetooth 4.0 Smart compatible heart rate monitor is required.
With Google Maps you can see and track it on the map.
Application allows store the last three record sessions.
You can adjust your heart rate zones and use it for monitoring.
HRM application can connect with heart rate monitors with ANT+ or Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) protocols.
Current version was tested with Mio Link heart rate monitor device. If you use a different heart rate monitor device and it works with our application successfully, then let us know please.
If you use BLE connection then be sure that your heart rate monitor is not connected or paired to other application at the same time. For ANT+ there is no such limitations.
This Android Application displays data from the Polar heart rate connected by Bluetooth. Difference with other apps is this one does not start a session or profile of any type for running or other sport. It simply shows the data on the screen to be seen quickly.
It provides a simple view to select the device and presents a simple display with heart beat per minute.
It also present a min, max and a graph to display these info.
Now works with Polar H7, H6 and normal old Android Band.
Application does not yet certified by ANT +
ANT+/Bluetooth 4.0 heart rate monitor and HRV. App to monitoring pulse. CURRENTLY IS IN DEVELOPMENT STAGE AND IS PUBLISHED IN MODE "EARLY ACCESS" THIS MEANS THAT THE APPLICATION MAY CONTAIN ERRORS MAY BE AMENDED SIGNIFICANTLY A VERSION TO ANOTHER OR MAY LOSE DATA STORED IN ANY UPDATE WHILE NOT TERMINATE THIS PHASE.
If you still choose to use it, will be participating in the development of it, your feedback and error detection are very important at this stage, please send any suggestions or error email@example.com
Heart Rate Monitor for ANT+ & Bluetooth 4.0. Uses sensor to monitor your heart (compatible devices only).
-Quiet Basic fat burning / aerobic
-Custom zone letting you know how long you've been in a range that have marked your HR.
-HR Maximum and average heart rate
-Calories consumed, you can change the type of activity at any time (football, running, etc ..).
-HR zones: Percentage in real time.
-HR Courage absolute and percentage always available, click on the center marker to change the absolute value of the percentage, however always have the two data visible though a smaller one than the other.
-How To ALWAYS ACTIVE DISPLAY: keeps the screen always on so you can see your pulse at any time. In this way the wallpaper is black and only the pulse is, so you can always see your pulse without searching for the button on your device. When you enter this double tap the screen to activate ON mode so you can see the rest of the plot markers and the last 10 minutes.
-Quick to toggles without entering the configuration menu (sound, screen always on and enable/disable power saving).
-Historial activities with advanced statistics.
(new) -Module HRV: Find your heart rate variability data in 5 minutes and export your data to import into desktop programs as Kubios, ARTiiFACT or HRVAS. Unique ANT + application on Google Play which allows you to export your data RR without integrated application purchases.
-And soon more! send me your ideas firstname.lastname@example.org
Will be FREE only in early access mode.
BLUETOOTH 4.0 PREREQUISITES:
-Android versión >= Jellybean
-Bluetooth 4.0 adapter.
Also compatible with this Polar devices (with visibility activated):
NOTE: BLUETOOTH 4.0 = BLUETOOTH LE = BLUETOOTH SMART = BLE
ANT+ Known compatible devices:
GALAXY Note 4
GALAXY Tab4 7.0
Xperia Z3 Dual
Xperia Z3 Compact
Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact
Xperia E3 Dual
Xperia M2 Aqua
Xperia C3 Dual
GALAXY Tab S 10.5-inch
GALAXY Tab S 8.4-inch
GALAXY Tab4 8.0
GALAXY Tab4 10.1
GALAXY S5 ???LTE-A
GALAXY Note 3 Lite
GALAXY TabPRO 12.2
Xperia T2 Ultra
GALAXY Note 3 Neo
GALAXY TabPRO 8.4
GALAXY TabPRO 10.1
GALAXY NotePRO 12.2
Xperia Z2 Tablet
Xperia Z1 S
GALAXY Grand 2 (LTE)
Xperia Z1 Compact
GALAXY Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)
GALAXY S4 (Android 4.3 and up)
GALAXY Note 3
Xperia Z Ultra
Xperia acro S
Xperia x10 mini pro
Xperia x10 mini
Xperia neo V
Xperia mini pro
Xperia ion LTE
Xperia ion HSPA
Xperia arc S
Live with Walkman
For more ANT+ info go to http://www.thisisant.com/directory
We developed this app for doing demonstrations of ANT functionality on Android. Since there currently aren't many apps with this functionality, we decided to release it on the Play Store to anybody who might find it useful. So, if you are reading this, we hope you find it useful!
Disclaimer: This app is intended for demonstration/recreational purposes only and not for medical use.
Officially supported heart rate devices are listed in our directory: http://www.thisisant.com/directory/filter/~/62/~/
ANT+ Plugins (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus)
ANT Radio Service (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.service.socket)
ANT hardware support on your phone (see the description of the ANT Radio Service page for more info)
-Once recording is stopped, the graph will be cleared the next time the screen changes
-Since the entire recording is shown on the screen at once, recording long periods of time will make it difficult to read the graph, may be slow, and really long sessions may crash the app.
Attention Developers! Using the ANT+ plugins in your app to communicate with ANT+ devices is quick, easy, and free and uses a simplified API that doesn't require referencing technical documents or learning new protocols. Visit the ANT Android Developer page http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant/ant-in-android/ for more info and to download the SDK containing the source code for this open source application.
To learn more about ANT+ visit http://www.thisisant.com.
Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Thanks to an innovative image analysis process which tracks your blood flow in real-time, it gives a direct and reliable measurement of your heart rate.
All you have to do is cover the whole camera lens with your index tip, and the application will compute your heart rate in real-time while displaying the pulse signal in a graph.
Heart Beat Rate features :
● Real-time heart rate calculation & display
● Real-time pulse signal display in scrolling graphe
● Smart measure mode (measure stops after 15s if a valid pulse value is found)
● Resting heart rate checked against standards at the end of each measure
● Heart Rate training zones during physical activity
● Personnal advice to help you lower your resting heart rate for a better health
● Settings page
● Great design for a great user experience !
It works ! ★★★★★
By Agron from France - Free version 1.0.3 on Sony Ericsson MT27i (MT27i) - Oct 29, 2012
"It works super well. Very good application."
Amazing ! ★★★★★
By Yann from France - Free version 1.0.3 on Samsung Galaxy S2 - Oct 09, 2012
"The app is neat and it works fine."
Great ! ★★★★
By Ln from France - Free version 1.0.3 on HTC Desire S (saga) - Sept 21, 2012
"This app does what is expected of it, with ease."
Why use Heart Beat Rate app ?
You may use our application to determine your heart rate just out of curiosity, to compare it with your friends for fun, after physical activity to know your Heart Rate training zone or to do health prevention.
Note : current version does not work on devices without flashlight.
Using Stress Check by Azumio you will be able to:
-Quantify your level of stress
-Determine the effects of different stressors
-Control stress and observe progress
-Reduce chances of certain chronic diseases known to be correlated with stress
Everyone has experienced changes in heart rate before taking an exam, giving a public speech, or when exercising. In fact, not only does your heart rate increase, but the time variations between consecutive heart beats become more random and scattered as well. By analyzing this factor of heart rate variability (HRV), it is possible to estimate your level of stress wherever you are, with no additional hardware.
Analysis of HRV requires heart pulse data to be measured continuously for a certain period of time. The more you use Stress Check, the better the app gets to know you and your heart.
Algorithms used to analyze HRV follow recommendations of European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology (NASPE).
If you consistently observe high levels of stress we recommend using Azumio’s stress relief application, Stress Doctor: a biofeedback app that uses deep a breathing technique for stress reduction.
Stress Check utilizes a method of quantitative stress level assessment developed by Biocom Technologies, a well-known developer of various professional health assessment technologies.
Follow your training and activity with the Polar Flow app and instantly see your achievements. With this app you can see all of your training and activity data on your phone on the go, and sync them wirelessly to the Polar Flow web service. Loop, M400 and V800 all sync with the Polar Flow app using Bluetooth Smart.
When using the app you can:
- Follow all your active choices 24/7
- Find out what you're missing from your daily goal and get guidance how to reach it
- See active time, burned calories, steps and distance from steps
- Learn more about your sleeping habits: how long you’ve slept and how restful it was
- Receive inactivity alerts encouraging you to get up and move
- Get a quick overview of your training and analyze every detail of your performance right away
- See your progress with weekly calendar summaries
- Get even more detailed feedback when training with a Polar H7, Bluetooth Smart heart rate sensor
Discover more about:
Polar V800 at www.polarv800.com
Polar M400 at www.polarm400.com
Polar Loop at www.polar.com/loop
This app is a free trial product with a limited recording time.
HRnavi+ users will have a unlimited license for this app already.
Otherwise, the recording of the workout of 10 minutes or more, unlimited license (commercial) is required.
This app will record your workout.
Sensor is available, it is record with the following information.
Bike power (such as Powertap, only ANT +)
Bike cadence (only ANT +)
Bike speed (only ANT +)
The workout was recorded, and then save the file as a tcx or gpx format.
You can use the workout management solution such as Strava or GoldenCheetah.
One of the sensors of the following is required to record consumption of calories and heart rate.
Polar wearlink + with bluetooth
Zepyr HXM bluetooth
ANT + HR sensor
You can set the upper and lower heart rate limit of three sets.
Beep will sound if you do not keep your heart rate in the target range.
Trend plot graph will exist in the display of bike power and heart rate.