CarrierIQ Scanner & Protection helps determine whether or not your phone contains Carrier IQ mobile diagnostic software.
✰ “Simple and reliable, and from a known and reliable company - Lookout!”
✰ “Lookout always presents the best security apps!”
✰ “Very informative! Thanks for going into detail about this issue!”
Don't forget to also download Lookout Security & Antivirus from Play Store: http://ap.lookout.com/SH3o , for complete Android protection including free antivirus, backup, find lost phone and more.
Security researchers have recently determined that a number of consumer mobile devices contain pre-installed software from Carrier IQ. While this software appears to be designed to help mobile network operators improve coverage through metrics tracking, it does not provide a clear opt-out path for users. Additionally, it can be difficult for non-technical users to determine whether or not their handset is affected.
We've developed the Carrier IQ Detector to aid in this process in an effort to keep mobile users fully informed about what their phone is doing.
Note: This application does not remove Carrier IQ software from your device. Because Carrier IQ software is deeply integrated with handset firmware, users would be required to attain special device privileges in order to remove it. Side effects of this process have the potential to put users at further risk of malware infection while making devices ineligible to receive firmware updates in the future.
If you are sure you know what you are doing and would like to remove Carrier IQ software from your phone, there are a number of guides available online.
If you have made previous attempts to remove Carrier IQ software from your device, our Detector may still report its presence. This can be caused by incomplete removal attempts that do not remove all relevant files.
Both of the permissions are only used if you choose to share your results with us. CM users may revoke both permissions and the app will still function.
❐ About Lookout Labs
CarrierIQ Scanner & Protection is a project of the Labs division of Lookout Mobile Security. The goal of Lookout Labs is to explore new ideas and push the boundaries of mobile apps.
Labs projects are experimental by nature, and may only be available for a limited time.
❐ About Lookout Inc.
Lookout builds security technology that protects people, businesses, governments, and critical infrastructure from the growing threats in the post-PC era.
Visit our website https://www.lookout.com to learn more about us.
❐ About Lookout Security & Antivirus
CarrierIQ Scanner & Protection is not a replacement for Lookout Security & Antivirus. CarrierIQ Scanner & Protection is only available in English.
Downloading Lookout Security & Antivirus (http://ap.lookout.com/SH3o) is the best way to keep your phone & tablet safe from malware and spyware, back up your data, and locate, scream, lock, or wipe a lost or stolen mobile device.
Lookout Security & Antivirus is available in German, French, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Korean, Russian and Polish.
© 2012 Lookout, Inc. All rights reserved. Patents pending.
* This is a license package for nitrality. It does nothing on its own. *
This does not install a NEW program icon!
Proposed Elite features:
- Disables ads
- Disbale nagscreen
- A new widget?
NOTE: Currently there are no additional features in nitrality that are unlocked with this download. Consider this a presale. This is here to help support future development. The cost of this app will increase to CHF 2.00. Get it now while it's half price.
The program is designed to help you to find phone if it is lost or stolen.
In the program settings you can add allowed SIM cards and phone numbers to send SMS messages.
After the boot, if the current SIM is unknown, then program send an SMS messages to configured in the settings phone numbers.
You will find more ROMs available in ROM Installer than any other app on the Google Play Store. It has many of the same features that you will find in Goo Manager, ROM Manager, ZipInstaller, Flashify and other similar products.
★ Many ROMs and ZIPs to download and install for hundreds of devices
★ 1-Click install of the latest TWRP, ClockworkMod and ClockworkMod Touch Recovery
★ Backup and restore your current ROM (nandroid), kernel, and recovery
★ Install queue to flash multiple ZIP files and send commands to recovery
★ View ROM details, socialize with other users, download, and install popular ROMs
★ Built-in GooManager that has all the same features as the original app
★ Receive notifications and OTA updates for updated ROMs and recoveries
★ Flash .img files to the boot and recovery partition
★ Options to wipe data, cache, dalvik, etc.
★ Extract files and apps from nandroid backups.
With ROM installer you can always be up-to-date with your favorite ROM and recovery. Popular ROMs available for install include CyanogenMod (cyngn), Android Open Kang Project (AOKP), Paranoid Android, OMNI, Carbon, Slim, Vanir, PAC-man and others. In order for a particular ROM to be visible your device must be supported by the ROM.
ROM Installer also offers the fastest way to install the most recent recovery. All TWRP recoveries are hosted on our fast server and updated on a constant basis. No other app offers an easier way. Supported recoveries: Team Win Open Recovery (TWRP), ClockworkMod Recovery (CWMR).
ROM Installer requires superuser permission. ROM Installer does not take any responsibility for any damage it may cause to your device. You should always know how to restore your device and be familiar with what you are doing before proceeding to make changes to your system.
ROM Installer is free but does contain optional in-app purchases for additional features and support.
G+ Community: https://plus.google.com/102939493913653266884/posts
If you have any questions or need help please contact us at email@example.com before rating the app poorly.
- Monitor data traffic bytes.
- XY Chart of RF and WiFi signal strength over time.
- Voice notification of signal strength & technology changes, handovers, open hotspots, and more!
- Notes! Insert notes into the RF data collected. Notes can be viewed & edited in Big Picture
- 'Drive Mode' screen showing just RSSI, Cell ID, and technology to view while driving
- Localized for French, Spanish (thank you Augusto!), Portuguese, and German (thank you Lutz!).
- Map and record your color coded RF signal strength as you travel.
- War driving. Collect WiFi access points and list mobile location at the strongest signal.
- Users can redefine site locations on the map.
- Play back, pause, jump to any part of recorded data.
- Share collected data and Maps with Twitter, Facebook, whatever you can share with.
- Sector coverage zones describing sector orientation and beamwidth.
- One Cell Tracking to examine coverage of a single cell site.
- Sound and Vibration notification on handover.
- Possible handoff neighbors (2G).
- User defined sites can be exported or imported for later use.
- Serving cell can be located through Google, OpenCellID.
- All sites located through Google or OpenCellID saved to local database.
- Export recorded data to XML, KML (Google Earth), or CSV files.
- Import older recorded data for playback.
- Roaming and data states, data activity, CGI.
- WiFi MAC address, BSSID, supplicant state.
- WiFi network access points identified.
- EIRP/ERP and Free Space Loss calculators
- Big picture of entire drive test or site survey
- Auto-shutoff at minimum battery level set by user
- Adjust GPS power settings
- App to SD card
*** Please keep those bug reports coming! If you crash and are given the option, please send in the report. I read them all. Or you can email directly at: Type1apps@gmail.com
- If a site appears off the coast of Africa it means that you are using Google's location service or OpenCellID and they cannot determine that cell's location (so it returns the location 0 deg Lat, 0 deg Lon). A new feature for version 2.2.9 is the ability to define your own site locations (add, move or remove) by pressing a spot on the map or a site icon. Users can do their own site surveys as they travel. This is a workaround for those who do not have access to site location data -- unless you are an engineer for a carrier, you won't have access to this data since site locations are generally considered proprietary.
- Background recording, where you exit the app after you start recording, will not register signal strength changes if the phone is in sleep mode (screen is blank). This is a "bug" in Android not the app. If the phone is not allowed to sleep, background recording is possible.
- BER, EVDO, SNR & Ec/Io may display -1. This is the number the Android OS is sending, sorry.
- The app is optimized for GSM service. CDMA devices are not completely supported. This is due to the lack of a CDMA phone (and contract) on my part, not anything specific to the technology. So if you have a CDMA phone be aware it has not been tested by me.
- Please remember you are using a phone, not a laptop. If you try to record hours worth of data, and/or play it back, unexpected things may happen.
SecureGuard is an access control and auditing solution which ensures security and management efficiency for accesses to all systems in a network such as servers, networks, security systems, mainframes etc. through a single gateway.
Integrating OTP with the basic SecureGuard solution, a highly secure operating environment can be built . SecureGuard OTP does not only strengthen the security while log-in, but also in server access controls and command controls. In SecureGuard, you can set different security policies with OTP.
For more details, please visit the following website:
It is used in our Hackerspace ChaosChemnitz (Germany) to open and close the door without the need of a “real” key.
This app is free software. You can modify and redistribute it under the terms of the MIT license.
The sourcecode and additional information is available here:
The app is now translatable, please let me know if you want to translate.
To use, simply install, accept the device administrator prompt and accept the EULA. It is recommended that you test that DroidScout works on your device, as certain login and security apps will interfere with DroidScout functioning properly. Device Administration can be declined, but DroidScout will be unable to watch for failed attempts to access your device.
Also, remember to use "Clear All" to clear your logs regularly. This will make it easier for you to spot suspicious behavior.
Front-end application for the powerful iptables Linux firewall.
Allows you to restrict which apps can access the network.
This is the perfect solution if you don't have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer.
For advanced users, it also allows you to manually define custom iptables rules.
Please remember to disable the firewall before uninstalling, otherwise you will need to reboot your device to turn it off.
With this application you can send SMS with your location information - address and coordinates(Longitude, Latitude) to multiple recipients.
It could be useful when:
- you want to send periodical information about your location to somebody
- cases of emergency
- to find lost phone
- to mark the location of point of an interest sending SMS from there
There are two modes - AUTOMATIC and MANUAL.
In AUTOMATIC you press , type phone numbers of the recipients,type the automatic message text (50 chars max) and define the timer(days:hours:min) and max number of SMS. Then press to save the settings. Then after enabling automatic send the application will send SMS periodically to predefined contacts.
In MANUAL you can type text (50 chars max) and push button and send SMS to predefined list of contacts.
The format of the SMS is:
...Country, City, Street, Number...
Link to Google Maps
The recipient of SMS can click the Google Maps link and see the location or copy Latitude and Longitude values (in this case 42.6563,23.3755) in Google Earth or Google Maps and will find the location of the sender.
The Accuracy of GPS fix can help in determining the reliability of the location.
IMSI and IMEI can provide further information in tracing the sender.
In order to allow application to use GPS set in
Settings> Location and security> Use GPS satellites ON.
In order to save battery GPS is switched on/off when you switch MANUAL SEND on/off.
In AUTOMATIC mode GPS is switched on several minutes before the send of the message.
The maximum length of the SMS depends on the alphabet used. The length varies between 160 and 70 symbols.
The app shows in how many parts the SMS will be sent. Try to keep it one part since your operator may charge additionally for multi part SMS.
Tips and tricks:
Make sure you have good GPS reception before pushing [Send Now] button. The location information that is sent is what you see on the main screen of application. It might be outdated if the GPS reception is not good.
At the start of the application GPS is turned on in order to get recent coordinates. If you want to switch GPS off click MANUAL SEND on and then off.
You can put your phone number at the end of the predefined contact list. In this way if SMS service has some delay you'll know when the SMS has arrived to other recipients.
In AUTOMATIC mode you can postpone sending of an SMS turning AUTO SEND OFF and then ON again. Then the sending cycle will restart.
Notification icon is visible only in AUTOMATIC SEND mode
The initial configuration of AUTO SEND is 1 SMS after 10 minutes to your own number. In order to test it enable AUTO SEND.
RHETOLO CODE created by this application can be used to search a location by using RHETOLO appli.
□ to share people where you are.
□ to tell where to meet.
□ to show where the event is.
□ to reach a location without printing out a map.
□ to pinpoint a spot with no landmarks or nothing specific to recognize.
□Shortening a map locating URL
Converting map locating coordinates to 2 kinds of shortened URL
1. RHETOLO CODE - a number replacement method
2. shortened URL - hyperlink form
□Linking with other applications and SNS
Converted URL's can be shared by linking to applications below installed in smartphones;
◯ Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, other webmail services
◯ Kakao Talk
Capable of using Japanese, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional).
Otherwise, English standard.
For more, see Rhetolo.com Web Site (in Japanese only)