• Includes translations for most major world languages
• Includes audio recordings in English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish
• Includes search capability and simple navigation, including swiping gestures to navigate between chapters
• Includes links to learn more about the Book of Mormon
Read the Book of Mormon on your Android-powered phone! Features an offline mode for reading anywhere, at any time.
The Book of Mormon is the word of God, like the Bible. It is Holy Scripture, with form and content similar to that of the Bible. Both books contain God's guidance as revealed to prophets as well as religious histories of different civilizations. While the Bible is written by and about the people in the land of Israel and surrounding areas, and takes place from the creation of the world until shortly after the death of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon contains the history and God’s dealings with the people who lived in the Americas between approximately 600 BC and 400 AD. The prophets in the Book of Mormon recorded God's dealings with His people, which were compiled by a prophet named Mormon onto gold plates.
Before these faithful Christians perished, their record was safely hidden away. Joseph Smith obtained these ancient records in 1827, and with the gift and power of God Joseph was able to translate the ancient writings into what we have today. The Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, testifies that Jesus Christ is our divine Redeemer and that by living according to His gospel we can find peace in this life and eternal happiness in the life to come.
Keywords: mormon, mormonism, book of mormon, joseph smith, bible, scriptures, jesus, lds, latter-day saints, lds tools, hymns, gospel, scripture, mormon channel, church, jesus christ
Words of Mormon
Complete Standard Works (ch. headings, footnotes, & streaming audio!):
✔ Old and New Testament
✔ Book of Mormon
✔ Doctrine and Covenants
✔ Pearl of Great Price
✔ Joseph Smith Translation
Book of Mormon Touch brings scripture stories to life with imaginative and interactive storytelling designed for early readers (primary-aged children) and LDS families. With original illustrations and careful attention to scriptural story, young children and beginning readers can interact and engage with familiar characters and important stories from The Book of Mormon (The Book of Mormon is a volume of scripture published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons).
***Download and enjoy the first story for FREE now!***
* Follow us on Facebook for the latest news about upcoming content at: www.facebook.com/bookofmormontouch
STORY MODE helps primary children (age 3-11) engage with the scriptures line by line with dozens of illustrated scenes. Each scene includes interactive sounds and pop-up messages that will surprise and delight young readers and non-readers alike.
STICKER STORY MODE builds memory skills challenging children to place illustrated characters and objects where they belong within each scene as they follow the scripture story.
BUILD-A-SCENE MODE encourages children to create scenes from other Book of Mormon stories or to imagine their own stories using the backgrounds and illustrations from the app. (Build-a-Scene also includes a few surprise stickers and illustrations not found in regular story modes.)
NOTE: Book of Mormon Touch is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints.
The Bible and Book of Mormon app, from The Church of Jesus Christ, treats the two volumes of scripture as one, and makes it easier than ever to read, study and share the Word of God. The Bible text is the Authorized King James Version from 1611 and The Book of Mormon text is carefully consistent with 1830 version.
Features of the app include:
• Designed for Android phones and tablets
• Verse of the Day: each day a new verse is given and is easy to share via Facebook, Twitter, text message and email
• Browse: browse through the scriptures by book and chapter; drop down menus make it easy to find any book and chapter easily
• Search: simple search to look for words or phrases; compound search allows search of any two words or phrase and returns the verse that contain both; search words are bolded in the results, sort traditional or alphabetical
• Highlight: highlight your favorite verses, either individual or several together
• Bookmark: bookmark verses with descriptive titles to easily find what you’re looking for
• Notes: the perfect study tool, select verses and write detailed notes
• Reading Settings: select low light setting for nighttime reading, small medium and large fonts
• History: see your reading history and easily find previous places you’ve been
• Share: share the app with friends or share single or multiple verses through social media, text or email
The Bible and Book of Mormon app also includes resources to provide feedback and to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ.
The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement that contains writings of ancient prophets who lived on the American continent from approximately 2200 BC to AD 421. It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi.
According to Smith's account, and also according to the book's narrative, the Book of Mormon was originally written in otherwise unknown characters referred to as "reformed Egyptian" engraved on golden plates. Smith claimed that the last prophet to contribute to the book, a man named Moroni, buried it in a hill in present-day New York and then returned to earth in 1827 as an angel, revealing the location of the book to Smith and instructing him to translate and disseminate it as evidence of the restoration of Christ's true church in the latter days.
The Book of Mormon has a number of original and distinctive doctrinal discussions on subjects such as the fall of Adam and Eve, the nature of the Atonement, eschatology, redemption from physical and spiritual death, and the organization of the latter-day church. The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ to the Americas shortly after his resurrection.
The Book of Mormon is the earliest of the unique writings of the Latter Day Saint movement, the denominations of which typically regard the text not only as scripture but also as a historical record of God's dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas. The Book of Mormon is divided into smaller books, titled after the individuals named as primary authors and, in most versions, divided into chapters and verses. It is written in English, very similar to the Early Modern English linguistic style of the King James Version of the Bible, and has since been fully or partially translated into 108 languages.
Feel a compelling connection with your ancestors as you discover the important events and stories of their lives. As your heart turns to them, begin to collect and add your own favorite family memories to the tree for others to enjoy for generations to come. Share your family legacy with others in person or through popular social networks.
• Browse your family branches, and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
• Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
• Easily add new persons and add photos stories and audio about your relatives.
• Take your family tree with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• The app automatically syncs to FamilySearch.org, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
• Store your family branches for free forever, deep within the FamilySearch vaults.
Share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings, and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember of their deceased relatives; then record their stories using the app. Use important moments of your history as teaching aids. Watch how stories of your ancestors’ hardships, endurance, and faith help you become a better person.
FamilySearch Tree is always free and an easy and convenient way to find and share meaningful, heart-turning family stories that will make an impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
• FamilySearch Tree is a mobile companion to FamilySearch.org. Along with making it easy to add photos, stories, and audio recordings to the records of ancestors in the tree, Family Tree now provides for the user to add new persons and edit the vital information for all ancestors in the public tree.
The Great Rejected Books of The Biblical Apocrypha. The chief Writings have sought and been denied admission to the Bible, included in this volume are those which, loosely speaking, are called "The Apocrypha."
They have a strange and piercing interest of their own. They are very old ; most of them are very noble of sentiment and high of purpose; yet for one reason or another they have been rejected from the Holy Scriptures into which they sought admission. While mainly founded on Hebraic literature, the books here show more of the Western world, the European spirit, than any other early literature of the East.
The fact that these books have been denied a place in our Scriptures has gradually weighed down even the meaning of the word "apocrypha." Originally it meant "secret teachings.
OLD TESTAMENT APOCRYPHA
I. THE BOOKS OF ADAM AND EVE
The Lives of Adam and Eve (about A.D. 100)
The Apocalypse of Moses (about A.D. 100)
The Slavonic Book of Eve
II. THE WRITINGS ATTRIBUTED TO ENOCH
The Great Prophetic Book of Enoch (about 100 B.C.)
The Lost Book of Noah (about 200 B.C.)
III. THE APOCALYPSE OF BARUCH (about A.D. 120)
His Vision of Heaven.
IV. THE STORY OF AHIKAR
The Old Armenian Version (A.D. 500)
The New-found Ancient Book (500 B.C.)
NEW TESTAMENT APOCRYPHA
V. THE GOSPELS OF CHRIST'S CHILDHOOD
The Protevangelium, or Original Gospel of James (about A.D. 150)
Gospel of Thomas the Doubter (about A.D. 200)
The Gospel of Pseudo-Matthew (about A.D. 400)
An Arabic Gospel of the Infancy (about A.D. 600)
VI. THE GOSPELS OF NICODEMUS
The Greek Gospel of Nicodemus (about A.D. 440)
A Later Gospel (about A.D. 600)
The Harrowing of Hell
The Acts of Pilate
The Letters of Pilate
1. Day/Night mode
- Day (black on white), Night (white on black)
2. Change font colour
3. Change font size
4. Change Text padding
5. Auto bookmarks the last read position
6. Move to previous and next chapter
7. Bookmarks last read position in each chapter and book
8. Enable full screen mode from MENU
9. Screen capture
10. Options menu
11. Clickable table of contents
12. Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
1. App for Phones AND Tablets
2. SD Card Support
3. Toolbar (Fast Access to Common Tasks)
4. Flip pages
* Toss a snowball, make a snow angel, and conduct a train as you swipe through The Coat, A Mother’s Hope, andThe Old Shoemaker.
* Read as a family or let the app do the storytelling for you with video and audio playback.
* Let beautiful animation, music, and narration immerse you in the stories.
This app is not sanctioned or endorsed by the LDS church or any of its affiliates.
Gives instruction on how to perform LDS Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings. The source of this information comes from Handbook 2: Administering the Church and can be found on www.LDS.org.
The following ordinances are covered:
1. Anointing with Oil
2. Sealing the Anointing
3. Consecrating Oil
4. Conferring the Priesthood and Ordaining to an Office
5. Setting Apart Officers and Teachers
6. Father’s Blessings and Other Blessings of Comfort and Counsel
7. Naming and Blessing Children
11. Dedicating Homes
12. Dedicating Graves
Note: The first time you run this application, the first ordinance you open will be blank. Simply go back and open it again. From then on, everything will work perfectly.
Added Google Analytics to increase performance.
Using Google Analytics and user feedback, made the following improvements. Crash associated with Share button press corrected. Gave users more flexibility to Share with Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Scripture references actively linked with LDS.org.
Significantly updated wording of application to reflect changes shown in Handbook 2: Administering the Church. Added instruction for dedicating a house. This app has now be translated into Spanish, special thanks to Brother Leebert.
Minor modifications to language to more closely match LDS.org. Added section for blessing (general instructions) and a section on setting apart officers/teachers.
Allow users to long-click an Ordinance to move it up or down.
Allow users to re-size ordinance text and other minor updates.
Corrections made to Spanish language thanks to Mario Pineda and many other users. This app has now be translated into Portuguese, special thanks to Marcia Loureiro, Oli Silva, Paulo Nascimento, Laura Lawrence, and all the feedback from users.
This app has now be translated into Swedish, special thanks to John Wennerlund. This app has also been translated into French, special thanks to Eliott.
Works included are:
* The Book of Mormon
* The Pearl of Great Price
* Doctrine and Covenants of the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
* The Articles of Faith
Easy to use app!
All ebooks are in HTML format and no additional book reader is required.
Books are optimized for all mobile devices.
English Language Only.
* This is a free ad-supported application.
* All works are in the Public Domain, meaning that they are not subject to copyright.
* All material in this app shall only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes.
**** HOW To USE ***
You have the choice of either listening via audio streaming from the internet or you can download the files to your device.
* All files are streamed from the internet (internet connection needed to listen!)
* You can also download each MP3 file by using the download icon in the top right corner
* If file is downloaded, the app will serve the audio file directly from your device (no internet connection needed)
* Audio (streamed and downloaded) stops automatically when you receive a call
The text version e-book are available as a HTML files (no ebook reader needed).
Font size of text file is auto optimized for all mobile devices.
You can listen to the audio files or radio while reading the text.
When you exit the app while an audio file is still active and playing, you can see a small music note in the notification bar. That is how you can get back to the app and either stop or change the audio. App will not be listed in Task Manager.
This is a FREE ad-supported app.
Disclaimer: All files, Text and audio, are out of copyright and in public domain.
Visit us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/PromisesOfTheBookOfMormon
This app can greatly benefit your personal study, talk and lesson preparation, or finding verses to share with friends.
The Book of Mormon is used and printed by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints, or the LDS church. This app can be helpful for any christian, LDS or not. I will soon be doing the same thing for the KJV of the Bible.
I appreciate any feedback about how this app can be more helpful for you. Also please take a minute to rate this app.
This collection consists of an index of stories listed under different topics. Under each topic are story links that connect directly to www.LDS.org.
In the pages that follow, you will find many secrets of the Demiplane of Dread and Gothic Earth revealed. Now you must ask yourself, “are
these secrets I keep, or secrets I reveal?” If you are truly fortunate, the Dark Powers and the Red Death will not take notice of your choice…
** Here is your chance to get 42 Occult ebooks at a real low cost.http://www.whatiswitchcraft.net
** We specialize in building Page flipping, and Page scrolling Android book apps. And we will convert your pdf, doc file, or text file into an android app...Visit developer website for more info: http://www.sale-source.com/book-convert.html
The fidelity to the biblical text and to tradition is guaranteed by a Scientific Committee.
Colorful images, attention to details, intrigue the youngest and involve them in the story.
There are funny interactions for each scene.
Professional actors tell the story with their warm and enthralling voices.
Two modes of use: as an Audio Book and by "Read and click" .
Children can record their voice and replace it with the narrator’s one! Read yourself or ask Mom and Dad to read for you and have fun testing your pronunciation in the three languages!
Languages: Italian, English, Spanish.
A sticker album can be won.
There are lots of funny games: puzzle, memory, dominoes , speed and skill games to be performed with the characters and settings of the story.
Other stories of the series “The Bible” are going to be published:
David and Goliath
The life of Jesus
Visit our website: www.lascuola.it
SOME MORE INFORMATION: The application has been thoroughly tested. If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write your comment below: let us know you liked the application and help us to improve our future APPS!