• Includes translations for most major world languages
• Includes audio recordings in English, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish
• Includes search capability and simple navigation, including swiping gestures to navigate between chapters
• Includes links to learn more about the Book of Mormon
● ENGLISH TEXT
● ENGLISH VOICE OUTPUT
The standard works of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) are the four books that currently constitute its open scriptural canon, due to the LDS belief in continuous revelation.
● The Holy Bible (King James version)
● The Book of Mormon, subtitled since 1981"Another Testament of Jesus Christ"
● The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
● The Pearl of Great Price (containing the Book of Moses, the Book of Abraham, Joseph Smith-Matthew and Joseph Smith-History)
+ The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible
The standard works are printed and distributed by the LDS Church in a single binding called a quadruple combination and as a set of two books, with the Bible in one binding, and the other three books in a second binding called a triple combination. Current editions of the standard works include a Bible dictionary, photographs, maps and gazetteer, topical guide, index, footnotes, cross references, excerpts from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible (JST), and other study aids.
Under the LDS Church's doctrine of continuing revelation, Latter-day Saints believe literally in the principle of revelation from God to his children. Individual members are entitled to divine revelation for confirmation of truths, gaining knowledge or wisdom, meeting personal challenges, and so forth. Parents are entitled to revelation for raising their families.
Divine revelation for the direction of the entire church comes from God to the President of the Church, who is viewed by Latter-day Saints as a prophet in the same sense as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Peter, and other biblical leaders. When prophets and general authorities of the church speak as "moved upon by the Holy Ghost", it "shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation." Members are encouraged to ponder these revelations and pray to determine for themselves the truthfulness of doctrine.
This app is available as a FREE and a PRO version. The FREE edition includes ads which finance the development while the PRO edition is completely ad-free. Apart from that both versions are equal. You can first check out the FREE edition without any risk in order to to see if you like the app. If the ads annoy you or you just want to support this app's development, you can buy the PRO edition.
● Standalone software - no eBook reader needed
● Daylight & nighttime colors
● Voice output (text to speech, TTS)
● Move to SD card
● Clickable table of contents
● English and German program language
● Contents rotate automatically (portrait/landscape)
● Fullscreen images on/off by long click
● Options menu
+ Help page
+ Settings page
- Text color
- Background color
- Text size
- Text padding
+ Link to all iwpSoftware apps in Android Market
+ Go to bookmark
+ Set bookmark
+ Set current image as wallpaper
+ Link to image/item/description
The Book of Mormon is a sacred text of the Latter Day Saint movement that contains writings of ancient prophets who lived on the American continent from approximately 2200 BC to AD 421. It was first published in March 1830 by Joseph Smith as The Book of Mormon: An Account Written by the Hand of Mormon upon Plates Taken from the Plates of Nephi.
According to Smith's account, and also according to the book's narrative, the Book of Mormon was originally written in otherwise unknown characters referred to as "reformed Egyptian" engraved on golden plates. Smith claimed that the last prophet to contribute to the book, a man named Moroni, buried it in a hill in present-day New York and then returned to earth in 1827 as an angel, revealing the location of the book to Smith and instructing him to translate and disseminate it as evidence of the restoration of Christ's true church in the latter days.
The Book of Mormon has a number of original and distinctive doctrinal discussions on subjects such as the fall of Adam and Eve, the nature of the Atonement, eschatology, redemption from physical and spiritual death, and the organization of the latter-day church. The pivotal event of the book is an appearance of Jesus Christ to the Americas shortly after his resurrection.
The Book of Mormon is the earliest of the unique writings of the Latter Day Saint movement, the denominations of which typically regard the text not only as scripture but also as a historical record of God's dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas. The Book of Mormon is divided into smaller books, titled after the individuals named as primary authors and, in most versions, divided into chapters and verses. It is written in English, very similar to the Early Modern English linguistic style of the King James Version of the Bible, and has since been fully or partially translated into 108 languages.
The Bible and Book of Mormon app, from The Church of Jesus Christ, treats the two volumes of scripture as one, and makes it easier than ever to read, study and share the Word of God. The Bible text is the Authorized King James Version from 1611 and The Book of Mormon text is carefully consistent with 1830 version.
Features of the app include:
• Designed for Android phones and tablets
• Verse of the Day: each day a new verse is given and is easy to share via Facebook, Twitter, text message and email
• Browse: browse through the scriptures by book and chapter; drop down menus make it easy to find any book and chapter easily
• Search: simple search to look for words or phrases; compound search allows search of any two words or phrase and returns the verse that contain both; search words are bolded in the results, sort traditional or alphabetical
• Highlight: highlight your favorite verses, either individual or several together
• Bookmark: bookmark verses with descriptive titles to easily find what you’re looking for
• Notes: the perfect study tool, select verses and write detailed notes
• Reading Settings: select low light setting for nighttime reading, small medium and large fonts
• History: see your reading history and easily find previous places you’ve been
• Share: share the app with friends or share single or multiple verses through social media, text or email
The Bible and Book of Mormon app also includes resources to provide feedback and to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ.
- Search by title or find by page number
- Pinch to zoom in or out
- Swipe left or right to browse through the songs
- View with musical notation or just as text
- Listen to the song, with or without voice accompaniment
Book of Mormon Touch brings scripture stories to life with imaginative and interactive storytelling designed for early readers (primary-aged children) and LDS families. With original illustrations and careful attention to scriptural story, young children and beginning readers can interact and engage with familiar characters and important stories from The Book of Mormon (The Book of Mormon is a volume of scripture published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons).
***Download and enjoy Volume 1 for FREE now!***
* Follow us on Facebook for the latest news about upcoming content at: www.facebook.com/bookofmormontouch
STORY MODE helps primary children (age 3-11) engage with the scriptures line by line with dozens of illustrated scenes. Each scene includes interactive sounds and pop-up messages that will surprise and delight young readers and non-readers alike.
STICKER STORY MODE builds memory skills challenging children to place illustrated characters and objects where they belong within each scene as they follow the scripture story.
BUILD-A-SCENE MODE encourages children to create scenes from other Book of Mormon stories or to imagine their own stories using the backgrounds and illustrations from the app. (Build-a-Scene also includes a few surprise stickers and illustrations not found in regular story modes.)
NOTE: Book of Mormon Touch is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints.
**** HOW To USE ***
You have the choice of either listening via audio streaming from the internet or you can download the files to your device.
* All files are streamed from the internet (internet connection needed to listen!)
* You can also download each MP3 file by using the download icon in the top right corner
* If file is downloaded, the app will serve the audio file directly from your device (no internet connection needed)
* Audio (streamed and downloaded) stops automatically when you receive a call
The text version e-book are available as a HTML files (no ebook reader needed).
Font size of text file is auto optimized for all mobile devices.
You can listen to the audio files or radio while reading the text.
When you exit the app while an audio file is still active and playing, you can see a small music note in the notification bar. That is how you can get back to the app and either stop or change the audio. App will not be listed in Task Manager.
This is a FREE ad-supported app.
Disclaimer: All files, Text and audio, are out of copyright and in public domain.
✔Great study companion for seminary students.
This app will help you learn these scripture verses in the
★Book of Mormon
★Doctrine and Covenants LDS Church History.
★Articles of Faith
★Extras: Living Christ, Family Proclamation, Sacrament Prayers, Mutual Theme, YW Theme, BSA Oath...
✔Easy and fun to use tool to learn or memorize or even re-memorize all Scripture Mastery verses of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Review all the scripture mastery verses in a clean list on one page, quiz yourself on each of them in multiple ways. This app presents you words from each verse all scrambled, then you tap words in the correct order. Multiple settings for difficulty levels, such as: all words scrambled, only long words, only short words scrambled. Suggest more levels if you can think of them.
You can also adjust the font size, activate hints (so if you are not sure and tap the wrong words a couple times, the correct word is highlighted to lead you in the right direction), and separate or combine verses (for scripture masteries that include more than one verse).
This will even record all your progress in an activity log. View the activity log to see all the verses you complete. Your percentage of correct words will be saved as well. This will show you your progress. If you are studying the Bible or Book of Mormon, you can easily focus on those verses. As each scripture mastery is completed, you can see your percentage of correct word taps at the top of the screen. Go for 100% correct and you'll be ready to compare your scores with friends. Don't forget to pass them off to your seminary teachers when you're ready!
New difficulty levels: random words scrambled, all words with a first letter displayed as a hint.
Matching levels: match the right verse reference to the verse or the topic or keywords.
More languages: study these verses in your mission language, send language suggestions. French coming soon.
Full scripture mastery verses are as follows:
★Old Testament and Pearl of Great Price★
1 Samuel 16:7
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
1 Corinthians 15:20-22
1 Corinthians 15:40-42
2 Thessalonians 2:1-3
2 Timothy 3:15-17
1 Peter 4:6
★Book of Mormon★
1 Nephi 3:7
2 Nephi 2:25
2 Nephi 2:27
2 Nephi 9:28-29
2 Nephi 25:23, 26
2 Nephi 28:7-9
2 Nephi 31:19-20
2 Nephi 32:3
2 Nephi 32:8-9
3 Nephi 12:48
3 Nephi 18:15, 20-21
Moroni 7:45, 47-48
★Doctrine & Covenants★
D&C 121:36, 41–42
Joseph Smith—History 1:15–20
Study and learn all these Scripture Mastery verses from the Bible (Old and New Testament) as well as the Book of Mormon and D&C.
★Suggest any features you'd like and let me know if you want to be included in the beta testing group!
Feel a compelling connection with your ancestors as you discover the important events and stories of their lives. As your heart turns to them, begin to collect and add your own favorite family memories to the tree for others to enjoy for generations to come. Share your family legacy with others in person or through popular social networks.
• Browse your family branches, and see portraits of relatives you’ve never seen before.
• Discover facts, documents, stories, photos, and recordings about your ancestors.
• Easily add new persons and add photos stories and audio about your relatives.
• Take your family tree with you wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• The app automatically syncs to FamilySearch.org, so you can pick up where you left off on any device.
• Store your family branches for free forever, deep within the FamilySearch vaults.
Share family stories with your children at bedtime or in the car while traveling. Learn something new about your family origins while waiting in a line. Take the app to family gatherings, and capture stories you’ve never heard before. Ask your parents and grandparents to tell you about their lives and what they remember of their deceased relatives; then record their stories using the app. Use important moments of your history as teaching aids. Watch how stories of your ancestors’ hardships, endurance, and faith help you become a better person.
FamilySearch Tree is always free and an easy and convenient way to find and share meaningful, heart-turning family stories that will make an impact on your life and the lives of your loved ones.
• FamilySearch Tree is a mobile companion to FamilySearch.org. Along with making it easy to add photos, stories, and audio recordings to the records of ancestors in the tree, Family Tree now provides for the user to add new persons and edit the vital information for all ancestors in the public tree.
This app is not sanctioned or endorsed by the LDS church or any of its affiliates.
Gives instruction on how to perform LDS Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings. The source of this information comes from Handbook 2: Administering the Church and can be found on www.LDS.org.
The following ordinances are covered:
1. Anointing with Oil
2. Sealing the Anointing
3. Consecrating Oil
4. Conferring the Priesthood and Ordaining to an Office
5. Setting Apart Officers and Teachers
6. Father’s Blessings and Other Blessings of Comfort and Counsel
7. Naming and Blessing Children
11. Dedicating Homes
12. Dedicating Graves
Note: The first time you run this application, the first ordinance you open will be blank. Simply go back and open it again. From then on, everything will work perfectly.
Added Google Analytics to increase performance.
Using Google Analytics and user feedback, made the following improvements. Crash associated with Share button press corrected. Gave users more flexibility to Share with Google+, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. Scripture references actively linked with LDS.org.
Significantly updated wording of application to reflect changes shown in Handbook 2: Administering the Church. Added instruction for dedicating a house. This app has now be translated into Spanish, special thanks to Brother Leebert.
Minor modifications to language to more closely match LDS.org. Added section for blessing (general instructions) and a section on setting apart officers/teachers.
Allow users to long-click an Ordinance to move it up or down.
Allow users to re-size ordinance text and other minor updates.
Corrections made to Spanish language thanks to Mario Pineda and many other users. This app has now be translated into Portuguese, special thanks to Marcia Loureiro, Oli Silva, Paulo Nascimento, Laura Lawrence, and all the feedback from users.
This app has now be translated into Swedish, special thanks to John Wennerlund. This app has also been translated into French, special thanks to Eliott.
There are many Book of Mormon commentaries and study guides available that give the author’s perspective on the Book of Mormon. This book is not one of them. The great truths of the Book of Mormon, particularly those that will be of greatest benefit to you, are found by going directly to the source then listening to the promptings of the Spirit.
The study guide allows you to fully customize your daily devotional based on the amount of time you have available. It is divided into seven activities: Read, Look For, Ask Yourself, Ponder This Quote, Expand Your Understanding, Personal Application, and Prayer. This format allows you to select those activities that match both your needs and your time. For example, if you find you have limited time on a particular day you may only want to read the assignment and pray. On other days you can use the additional activities to expand your study and deepen your understanding.
Following this pattern of scripture study and using these tools will lead you to ponder the Book of Mormon and will help you strengthen your testimony of its truthfulness as you listen to the Spirit. Additionally, it will aid you in obtaining the blessings promised by Elder Marion G. Romney in the April 1980 LDS General Conference:
"And so, I counsel you, my beloved brothers and sisters and friends everywhere, to make reading in the Book of Mormon a few minutes each day a lifelong practice. All of us need continuing close contact with the Spirit of the Lord. We need to take the Holy Spirit for our guide that we be not deceived. I am persuaded by my own experience and that of my loved ones, as well as by the statement of the Prophet Joseph Smith, that one can get and keep closer to the Lord by reading the Book of Mormon than by reading any other Book. Don't be content with what someone else says about what is in it. Drink deeply from the divine fountain itself.
"I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to that counsel. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity--the pure love of Christ--will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness." (Conference Report, April 1980; 112-113)
FamilySearch Memories makes collecting, preserving, and sharing your favorite family memories easy and convenient wherever you are. You could be the one everyone thanks for saving the most meaningful memories.
• Store memories for free forever, deep within the FamilySearch vaults.
• Pick up where you left off on any device since the app automatically syncs to FamilySearch.org.
• Take family memories wherever you go—the app works even without Internet access.
• Snap photos of any family moment, such as recitals, dates, graduations, reunions, and memorials, and add them to your family tree.
• Use the app to take photos of old photos and documents too!
• Use the app to interview family members and record audio details of their life stories and favorite memories.
• Write family stories, jokes, and sayings with the keyboard, or use the mic key to record what you say.
• Enrich written stories by adding descriptive photos.
• Identify relatives in photos, stories, and recordings to add those memories automatically to their collection in Family Tree.