This software enable hidden SSID.
NOTE: This software will change wifi settings,
take responsibility by yourself.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
Help us with the translation project on http://crowdin.net/project/wifi-connection-manager
NOTE: According to the change of Google Play Mobile Ads policy, devices before Android 2.3 are no longer be supported.
Legacy devices can download the app from: http://www.roamingsoft.com/android/WifiManagerLegacy.apk
1. Support AP (Access Points) SSID with special characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greeks, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, UNICODE and so on.
2. Display saved network password. (require device to be rooted)
3. Fix device Wi-Fi problems.
4. Instant connect. Once searched, once start connecting. Way faster than the system build-in Wi-Fi scanner.
5. Static IP settings support. Auto switch between different AP.
6. Switch between available networks, solving the network conflict problem.
7. Add/Connect to certain hidden SSID network (depends on device and network conditions).
8. Manual add network, with special support for EAP/LEAP encrypted network.
9. Pause scan, convenient to browse many results.
10. More detail network information, network bandwidth, channel and network type.
11. Auto detect Web Authentication.
12. Backup/Restore saved networks.
13. Add/Share Wi-Fi network with QR code.
14. Arrange network connecting priority.
15. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) support for Android 4.0 or above devices.
16. Automatical switch between saved networks when signal is not ideal.
17. Wi-Fi tether (Wi-Fi Hotspot) support.
About the required permissions:
Camera is for adding Wi-Fi network via QR code.
Phone and Internet is for the AdMob plug-in made by Google.
Storage is for backup and restore saved network.
WifiExplorer uses 5 diagnostic views that collectively provide an overview of your current Wi-Fi environment. In 'normal' mode all APs are displayed, while in 'Monitor Mode' only the APs of interest are displayed. The following list briefly describes some of the features available in the current version of WifiExplorer.
✔ Site Survey View -- displays each AP's beacon signal strength and channel, emphasizing how Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4x GHz ISM band overlap with one another.
✔ Occupied Channel View -- displays each AP's channel and relative beacon signal strength, emphasizing how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels.
✔ Channel Occupancy View -- displays how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels. Typically you'll see most APs on channels 1, 6, 11 and few (if any) on the other channels.
✔ AP Timecourses View -- displays each AP's beacon signal strength as a function of time. This view is most useful when monitoring a particular AP and you are moving around to different locations.
✔ List of wireless routers -- lists all the wireless APs in your current Wi-Fi environment, along with their SSID, BSSID (MAC address), channel, frequency, security configuration and beacon signal strength (RSSI).
✔ Capture, save and email screenshots of the different diagnostic views.
WifiExplorer is the ultimate mobile tool for wifi site surveys. Its graphical charts make it easy to use for both professionals and amateurs alike. A variety of 802.11 network discovery tools are available for the android platform -- they are known by various names including -- wifi scanner, wifi finder, wifi locator, wifi analyzer, wifi detector, wifi monitor, site survey. WifiEagle falls in this category of wifi test apps. These diagnostic tools have the common goal of detecting the intermittent beacons that are transmitted by every wireless router. Each wireless router with a unique SSID represents a different wifi network. Wireless routers with the same SSID serve the same wifi network.
When preparing a site for installing a wifi network or troubleshooting one that performs poorly one typically uses several diagnostic tools to measure coverage, congestion, RF interference and throughput performance. Coverage takes into account the signal strength of the Wi-Fi network in all areas where Wi-Fi is desired. The signal strengths that are measured by wifi scanning tools are those of the beacons transmitted by wireless routers and do NOT reflect network performance -- a common misconception. Wifi scanners, wifi finders, wifi locators, wifi analyzers, wifi detectors, wifi monitors, site survey and network discovery tools -- whatever you like to call them -- can only be used to measure coverage since they only detect beacons. They can not measure throughput performance, which would require detecting and monitoring wifi data packets.
The best wifi apps will present the data they collect in such a way to make your job of interpreting it as simple as possible. WifiEagle uses multiple graphical charts so the results really stand out. Using these results allows you to make the best choices in configuring your wifi network for the best channel and determining whether all areas have sufficient wifi coverage.
ver.1.1 I added a cutting function from the access point.
I can do it without turning off WiFi not to use access point.
I have been connected to the weak access point of the electric wave strength, but please use it for the cases that do not want to turn off WiFi.
Please choose "cutting setting reset" among menu to be connected again.
・ I added a "connection" button. It becomes the function for the former "cutting setting reset".
・ I added an access point automatic cutting function. Please shall remain in effect than a setting window. In addition, the setting whether is connected after electric wave strength to automatically cut, automatic cutting again is possible.
・ I lent the function to notify you of with a toast at the time of a status change carelessly. Please validate this than a setting window. The indication content is similar to a thing displayed in the notice domain.
・ I add a menu founding WiFi setting to a sub menu.
・ I was able to change the icon for when not connected to WiFi.
Then this widget is for you! It comes with the following features:
- it shows the name (SSID) of the WiFi network you are currently connected to.
- click the button to go directly into the WiFi Settings menu and switch to a different network or disable / enable WiFi.
- in case you are not connected to any WiFi network (or WiFi disabled) the widget button will read "disconnected".
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Please leave a comment if you decide to give a row rating - your feedback will help improve the widget.
Caution: At activating the app, frequently the Google service respond with an error. Pay attention to existing Internet connection and try several times if necessary. Thank you.
The fastest way to change your wlan / wifi /ssid.
The SSID Selector offers you many ways to change your WiFi....
- Notification Bar
- Plugin for Locale and Tasker
- Best Network Option!
* App: One simple click to change the wifi. You can see your configured wireless lan SSID's and the actual strength and you can switch your wlan. You can configure the notification* and start/stop it.
* Widget: You've the choice between 2 widget-sizes, depending on how much wifis you've configured. 1-2 or up to 10, depending on the screen size. You can see the actual connected wifi ssid in the widget. Now with ON/OFF-Switch for Wlan!
* Intent: Switch between your wifi through an simple intent "ultimatesoftware.nw.SSIDSelector.intent.action.verbindeSSID" and ssid as extras. You can change the wlan in every App who can send an intent, like Tasker, Locale or other.
* Notification*: The newest feature is the static notification which you can configure in the app. Select the ssid's you want and change any time the actual wifi. Pull the notification bar down, see the actual wlan-connection and change it with one click.
* Plugin für Locale und Tasker: User the simple Plugin to automatically change the WiFi.
* **NEW** Best Network Option: Enables simple and fast change to the strongest network at this moment. You can choose this Option on all features: App, Notification, Intent, Widget and Plugin. You have the choice to connect to an configured network or include all open networks in reach.
*now for all Versions available! The Android-Version < 3.0 have a little restriction at the notification, better then none ;-)
If you have any problems, feature-resquest or questions -> Email me: email@example.com
The analyzer feature can help you find the best channel to use, and compare the signal strength of each SSID.
The alignment feature can help get the best angle for long range wireless connections.
The calculator feature integrated all Wisnetworks radios parameters and auto calculate the range, speed, fresnel zone, antenna height for you.
The network test uses ping to verify the network condition.
Already or perched display of widgets that are displayed when an update, please try the following: If you have an error.
-Please re-set after turning off the widget from the screen.
-Please try to install again by performing the uninstall.
[How to use]
Please add a widget to the home screen.
Please use WidgetSettings If you want to change the color.
If you are not if displayed in the list of widgets, please rotate the screen(or restert android).
CHECK_LICENSE : Currently request only. Processing is not implemented yet now.
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE : for get SSID.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : for get SSID change signal.
2015/05/10 WidgetSettings support.
2015/04/15 Change connection state(only wifi).
2015/03/27 Change unconnected state timing. Build with SDK 22.
2015/03/22 Change of implementation.Additional display situation.Change the color of the time of the unconnected state.
2015/02/20 display will be gray when not connected.
2015/02/12 Change application name. fixed a bug that does not update the WIFI at the time off.
2015/02/09 Change service name. modified the initialization code and some code.
2015/02/01 Clean and rebuild.
2015/02/01 Bug fixes and optimizations.
2015/01/31 It is open the setting screen of Wifi when you tap the widget.
This app monitors and analyzes your network and warns you if there are problems.
For beginners: easy to understand, you don't need to be an IT expert. You can detect the problems without knowing how the RSSI, link speed work or what they mean.
For experts: It tests your WiFi network latency, DNS resolving continuously, not just displays static information!
* Real-time latency, link speed and signal strength information on the dashboard
* Analyze function: DNS resolving, overlapping networks, latency, signal power and so on.
* Wireless networks on graph
* Detailed information about your network and your access point like the vendor of the AP or the exact frequency and DHCP info.
This is a free, ad-supported application. Donation will remove ads.
You can donate by buying the WiFi Network Analyzer Pro - make a donation from the application or visit the Google Play site of WiFi Network Analyzer Pro: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pzolee.wifiinfoPro
Fast and accurate, Fing is a professional App for network analysis. A simple and intuitive interface helps you evaluate security levels, detect intruders and resolve network issues.
+ Discovers all devices connected to a Wi-Fi network. Unlimited devices and unlimited networks, for free!
+ Displays MAC Address and device manufacturer.
+ Enter your own names, icons, notes and location
+ Full search by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor and Notes
+ History of all discovered networks.
+ Share via Twitter, Facebook, Message and E-mail
+ Service Scan: Find hundreds of open ports in a few seconds.
+ Wake On LAN: Switch on your devices from your mobile or tablet!
+ Ping and traceroute: Understand your network performances.
+ Automatic DNS lookup and reverse lookup
+ Checks the availability of Internet connection
+ Works also with hosts outside your local network
+ Tracks when a device has gone online or offline
+ Launch Apps for specific ports, such as Browser, SSH, FTP
+ Displays NetBIOS names and properties
+ Displays Bonjour info and properties
+ Supports identification by IP address for bridged networks
+ Sort by IP, MAC, Name, Vendor, State, Last Change.
+ Free of charge, no banner Ads
+ Available for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with retina and standard displays.
+ Integrates with Fingbox to sync and backup your customizations, merge networks with multiple access points, monitor remote networks via Fingbox Sentinels, get notifications of changes, and much more.
+ Fing is available on several other platforms, including Windows, OS X and Linux. Check them out!
inSSIDer identifies signal overlap, channel conflicts, and configuration issues that are degrading your wireless network performance.
Other features include:
• Table and graphic views of surrounding WLANs
• Detailed statistics and channel recommendations
• Network grouping by ESSID or Radio
• Filtering by SSID, MAC Address, Channel, or Signal
By using this WiFi scanner, you are helping support the Southern Methodist University wireless technology research group learn more about wireless signals in current use across the world and develop more efficient protocols and algorithms.
- Before or at the time of collecting usage statistics, we will disassociate the measured data from the user's personal identification.
- We will collect and use of usage statistics solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain usage statistics as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect usage statistics by a lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- A user's location should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date and without regard to the person's identity.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Retailers, crooks, the government, and others shady individuals are tracking your movements. Even when your Wi-Fi is turned off, your phone may be broadcasting information to whomever is in range which can be used both to track repeated visits to as well as your exact movements in an area under surveillance.
It's not a big step to couple this to personal information - a retailer for example, could track your trip to the register and correlate with your payment information. Now the tracking hardware and software vendors, the store (or chain) owner, their business partners, they can now all track where you are every time you come into range of one of their systems, and fully profile who you are, what you do, your financials, and your daily patterns!
That is just one example, but there are many uses for tracking you. Make no mistake, this is happening in the real world today.
One solution is shutting off Wi-Fi completely (including the background network scanning, a setting most people don't know about), but you would lose benefits like automatically connecting to known Wi-Fi networks and improved location awareness for your apps. It also does nothing to help the situation for others.
Pry-Fi will prevent your device from announcing all the networks it knows to the outside world, but it will still allow background scanning and automatically connecting to Wi-Fi networks. While you are not connected to a Wi-Fi network, the MAC address will constantly be pseudo-randomized, following a pattern that still makes the trackers think you are a real person, but they will not encounter your MAC address again. This will slowly poison their tracking database with useless information.
When you do connect to a Wi-Fi network, unless you specify otherwise, your MAC address will also be randomized - the same MAC address will not be used the next time you connect to this or any other network.
Though of course the companies involved with these trackers claim they wouldn't use the data maliciously, the possibility is there, and we all know that if something can be abused, ultimately it will be. There do not appear to be any laws against these practices yet, nor is it likely Wi-Fi will be redesigned any time soon to get rid of the information leaks.
But we can make an effort to reduce the usefulness of the tracking data for the exploiters. Pry-Fi comes with a War mode, which when enabled tries to make your Android device appear like dozens of people. Just wandering around an area under Wi-Fi location surveillance for a few minutes can ruin the tracking data for the period of your stay.
Proof of Concept
This is proof-of-concept code, and how for it will go in the future depends on interest and how well it works. It has been tested on several devices and seems to work, but it is very young still. The magic the app does to achieve its purpose is ever subject to changing Android security policies and OEM customizations, so even though it works now, there really is no saying if it will still be possible in future firmwares.
Of course you should also keep in mind that tracking can be done in many ways, and these W-Fi signals are far from the only method in use.
Further details, device compatibility information, FAQ, discussion, etc is all available on XDA-Developers.com here: