This software enable hidden SSID.
NOTE: This software will change wifi settings,
take responsibility by yourself.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
WifiExplorer uses 5 diagnostic views that collectively provide an overview of your current Wi-Fi environment. In 'normal' mode all APs are displayed, while in 'Monitor Mode' only the APs of interest are displayed. The following list briefly describes some of the features available in the current version of WifiExplorer.
✔ Site Survey View -- displays each AP's beacon signal strength and channel, emphasizing how Wi-Fi channels in the 2.4x GHz ISM band overlap with one another.
✔ Occupied Channel View -- displays each AP's channel and relative beacon signal strength, emphasizing how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels.
✔ Channel Occupancy View -- displays how the APs in your current Wi-Fi environment are distributed across different channels. Typically you'll see most APs on channels 1, 6, 11 and few (if any) on the other channels.
✔ AP Timecourses View -- displays each AP's beacon signal strength as a function of time. This view is most useful when monitoring a particular AP and you are moving around to different locations.
✔ List of wireless routers -- lists all the wireless APs in your current Wi-Fi environment, along with their SSID, BSSID (MAC address), channel, frequency, security configuration and beacon signal strength (RSSI).
✔ Capture, save and email screenshots of the different diagnostic views.
WifiExplorer is the ultimate mobile tool for wifi site surveys. Its graphical charts make it easy to use for both professionals and amateurs alike. A variety of 802.11 network discovery tools are available for the android platform -- they are known by various names including -- wifi scanner, wifi finder, wifi locator, wifi analyzer, wifi detector, wifi monitor, site survey. WifiEagle falls in this category of wifi test apps. These diagnostic tools have the common goal of detecting the intermittent beacons that are transmitted by every wireless router. Each wireless router with a unique SSID represents a different wifi network. Wireless routers with the same SSID serve the same wifi network.
When preparing a site for installing a wifi network or troubleshooting one that performs poorly one typically uses several diagnostic tools to measure coverage, congestion, RF interference and throughput performance. Coverage takes into account the signal strength of the Wi-Fi network in all areas where Wi-Fi is desired. The signal strengths that are measured by wifi scanning tools are those of the beacons transmitted by wireless routers and do NOT reflect network performance -- a common misconception. Wifi scanners, wifi finders, wifi locators, wifi analyzers, wifi detectors, wifi monitors, site survey and network discovery tools -- whatever you like to call them -- can only be used to measure coverage since they only detect beacons. They can not measure throughput performance, which would require detecting and monitoring wifi data packets.
The best wifi apps will present the data they collect in such a way to make your job of interpreting it as simple as possible. WifiEagle uses multiple graphical charts so the results really stand out. Using these results allows you to make the best choices in configuring your wifi network for the best channel and determining whether all areas have sufficient wifi coverage.
ver.1.1 I added a cutting function from the access point.
I can do it without turning off WiFi not to use access point.
I have been connected to the weak access point of the electric wave strength, but please use it for the cases that do not want to turn off WiFi.
Please choose "cutting setting reset" among menu to be connected again.
・ I added a "connection" button. It becomes the function for the former "cutting setting reset".
・ I added an access point automatic cutting function. Please shall remain in effect than a setting window. In addition, the setting whether is connected after electric wave strength to automatically cut, automatic cutting again is possible.
・ I lent the function to notify you of with a toast at the time of a status change carelessly. Please validate this than a setting window. The indication content is similar to a thing displayed in the notice domain.
・ I add a menu founding WiFi setting to a sub menu.
・ I was able to change the icon for when not connected to WiFi.
Help us with the translation project on http://crowdin.net/project/wifi-connection-manager
NOTE: According to the change of Google Play Mobile Ads policy, devices before Android 2.3 are no longer be supported.
Legacy devices can download the app from: http://www.roamingsoft.com/android/WifiManagerLegacy.apk
1. Support AP (Access Points) SSID with special characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greeks, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, UNICODE and so on.
2. Display saved network password. (require device to be rooted)
3. Fix device Wi-Fi problems.
4. Instant connect. Once searched, once start connecting. Way faster than the system build-in Wi-Fi scanner.
5. Static IP settings support. Auto switch between different AP.
6. Switch between available networks, solving the network conflict problem.
7. Add/Connect to certain hidden SSID network (depends on device and network conditions).
8. Manual add network, with special support for EAP/LEAP encrypted network.
9. Pause scan, convenient to browse many results.
10. More detail network information, network bandwidth, channel and network type.
11. Auto detect Web Authentication.
12. Backup/Restore saved networks.
13. Add/Share Wi-Fi network with QR code.
14. Arrange network connecting priority.
15. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) support for Android 4.0 or above devices.
16. Automatical switch between saved networks when signal is not ideal.
17. Wi-Fi tether (Wi-Fi Hotspot) support.
About the required permissions:
Camera is for adding Wi-Fi network via QR code.
Phone and Internet is for the AdMob plug-in made by Google.
Storage is for backup and restore saved network.
Caution: At activating the app, frequently the Google service respond with an error. Pay attention to existing Internet connection and try several times if necessary. Thank you.
The fastest way to change your wlan / wifi /ssid.
The SSID Selector offers you many ways to change your WiFi....
- Notification Bar
- Plugin for Locale and Tasker
- Best Network Option!
* App: One simple click to change the wifi. You can see your configured wireless lan SSID's and the actual strength and you can switch your wlan. You can configure the notification* and start/stop it.
* Widget: You've the choice between 2 widget-sizes, depending on how much wifis you've configured. 1-2 or up to 10, depending on the screen size. You can see the actual connected wifi ssid in the widget. Now with ON/OFF-Switch for Wlan!
* Intent: Switch between your wifi through an simple intent "ultimatesoftware.nw.SSIDSelector.intent.action.verbindeSSID" and ssid as extras. You can change the wlan in every App who can send an intent, like Tasker, Locale or other.
* Notification*: The newest feature is the static notification which you can configure in the app. Select the ssid's you want and change any time the actual wifi. Pull the notification bar down, see the actual wlan-connection and change it with one click.
* Plugin für Locale und Tasker: User the simple Plugin to automatically change the WiFi.
* **NEW** Best Network Option: Enables simple and fast change to the strongest network at this moment. You can choose this Option on all features: App, Notification, Intent, Widget and Plugin. You have the choice to connect to an configured network or include all open networks in reach.
*now for all Versions available! The Android-Version < 3.0 have a little restriction at the notification, better then none ;-)
If you have any problems, feature-resquest or questions -> Email me: email@example.com
Then this widget is for you! It comes with the following features:
- it shows the name (SSID) of the WiFi network you are currently connected to.
- click the button to go directly into the WiFi Settings menu and switch to a different network or disable / enable WiFi.
- in case you are not connected to any WiFi network (or WiFi disabled) the widget button will read "disconnected".
Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Please leave a comment if you decide to give a row rating - your feedback will help improve the widget.
The analyzer feature can help you find the best channel to use, and compare the signal strength of each SSID.
The alignment feature can help get the best angle for long range wireless connections.
The calculator feature integrated all Wisnetworks radios parameters and auto calculate the range, speed, fresnel zone, antenna height for you.
The network test uses ping to verify the network condition.
Already or perched display of widgets that are displayed when an update, please try the following: If you have an error.
-Please re-set after turning off the widget from the screen.
-Please try to install again by performing the uninstall.
[How to use]
Please add a widget to the home screen.
Please use WidgetSettings If you want to change the color.
If you are not if displayed in the list of widgets, please rotate the screen(or restert android).
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE : for get SSID.
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : for get SSID change signal.
2015/06/05 bugfix : update display at connection change. change update process. delete "CHECK_LICENSE" uses-permission.
2015/05/10 WidgetSettings support.
2015/04/15 Change connection state(only wifi).
2015/03/27 Change unconnected state timing. Build with SDK 22.
2015/03/22 Change of implementation.Additional display situation.Change the color of the time of the unconnected state.
2015/02/20 display will be gray when not connected.
2015/02/12 Change application name. fixed a bug that does not update the WIFI at the time off.
2015/02/09 Change service name. modified the initialization code and some code.
2015/02/01 Clean and rebuild.
2015/02/01 Bug fixes and optimizations.
2015/01/31 It is open the setting screen of Wifi when you tap the widget.
NEW UPDATE: The new Signal Strength Widget provides up to date, easy to access information on your Android or Windows device’s current Wi-Fi connection.
By using this WiFi scanner, you are helping support the Southern Methodist University wireless technology research group learn more about wireless signals in current use across the world and develop more efficient protocols and algorithms.
- Before or at the time of collecting usage statistics, we will disassociate the measured data from the user's personal identification.
- We will collect and use of usage statistics solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain usage statistics as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect usage statistics by a lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- A user's location should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date and without regard to the person's identity.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
The switch is placed in the status bar for easy access from other applications. You can also use it as a widget-like shortcut on your home screen.
When connected, the network's SSID is displayed after the title in the notification and if WiFi is on but not connected to a network, an icon is shown in the status bar.
ICS users: There is no way to sort the status bar icons like on previous Android versions. That means that there will sometimes be a blank icon in the status bar before other notifications. Fixed in Jelly Bean.
Send me an email if you want to translate it into your language.
Keywords: WiFi Toggle, WiFi OnOff, Wi-Fi Switcher
I accept hardware and money donations, as soon as I will be able to buy a compatible device (or I receive it as a donation) it will be fixed.
WiFiACE is a very simple tool that allows you to edit the advanced parameters of the configured wireless networks.
It allows you to:
- Set WPA Enterprise and Personal parameters, like wpa_supplicant allows you to
- Set SSID (aka ESSID): Allow to connect automatically, but only to specific AP (or AP network).
- Set BSSID to disable roaming within an extended AP network, and connect only to specific AP.
(note: There is no need to specify a BSSID if there is only one AP in the network)
- Set the WEP key index
- Free and Open Source Software
InstaWifi makes it easy for you to connect and share wifi networks with your friends and family instantly through the use of NFC and QR codes. Simply tap your phone on a sticker, or scan a QR code to connect to a wifi network.
InstaWifi is only needed to generate the QR code for your wifi network. Once you have the QR code, any Android smartphone with the Barcode Scanner app by zxing (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android) installed can scan to automatically connect.
For the NFC features, InstaWifi needs to be installed on the device to read the NFC sticker correctly.
Interested in playing around with NFC but don't know where or what type of NFC stickers to buy? Donate a couple bucks to the developer and I will send you special Android-themed NFC stickers as a token of appreciation.
For more details, see the help section in the menu of the app.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING before installing:
If you rooted your phone, InstaWifi will ask for root on startup so that it'll automatically grab your WiFi password and security type so that you don't have to manually type it in. Root access is not required.
DO NOT share the QR code to people you do not trust. The QR code has your wifi network password embedded in the image, and should only be used to share with family or friends.
Storage - External SD card access is used to save QR images onto the SD card so that GMail and other applications can retrieve the image and attach it to their app.
Network Communication - NFC permission is used to read/write from a NFC tag, as well as for Android Beam. Also to view WiFi networks to populate the list of WiFi networks you've connected to.
System Tools - To enable and disable WiFi.
Report any bugs or feedback on instawifi.jessechen.net