Here at Aperture our scientist work tirelessly to bring the latest innovations in smartphone technology to your devices. Starting mid of last year Aperture Laboratories has expanded its research and development to this exciting new technology sector and through the expertise of our scientists we were able to deliver significant key innovations revolutionizing the entire field of human-smartphone interaction.
Since our GLaDOS kernel was deployed last year, we have registered a significant decline of smartphone related accidents reducing the mortality rate among smartphone users to a historic low. However since safety of our products is always a major concern for us at Aperture, we did not stop there. Scientific tests subjecting a sample group of smartphone users to a wide range of high-risk situations has shown that a statistical overwhelming number of terminal accidents are related either to corrosive acid, lasers and various kinds of bullets or caused by human errors in interaction with the GLaDOS kernel.
To avoid these kernel related potentially lethal human errors our science team developed the GLaDOS Control application. Extensive tests have shown that with this application even a well-trained chimp will be able to safely interact with our GLaDOS kernel.
Currently features interfaces for:
* Battery Life eXtender (BLX)
* Min/max MPU frequency
* Live OC (overclock MPU, core/bus/RAM and GPU)
* Custom Voltage (MPU, IVA, core and regulator voltages)
* Color Control (color multipliers, V1 gamma offsets and gamma value)
* Checking for a kernel update
* Showing the changelog
* Downloading a kernel update and updating the kernel
* Installing/deleting a previously downloaded kernel
* Sound Control (high performance audio mode and headset volume boost)
* USB Fast Charge
* On-screen help explaining the effect of each tweak/setting (tap-and-hold)
* Warning dialogs for settings that can cause trouble
* Load/save/delete settings
* Showing the current CPU temperature
* Temp Control
* Vibrator Control
* FSync Control
* Individually select which settings are automatically set on boot (tap-and-hold)
* CPUfreq governor and governor parameters
* I/O scheduler
* Daily educational tips with suggestions and recommendations
* WiFi low latency power mode
* Enabling/disabling SmartReflex voltage calibration (MPU, core and IVA voltages)
* Lock/unlock the bootloader (without the forced data wipe)
* Show calibrated SmartReflex voltage values (for MPU, core and IVA)
* Change TCP congestion scheduler
**** IMPORTANT ****
Some custom ROMs come with a broken version of su and/or busybox. If you experience any problems with the app, before reporting the issue first try to fix it by installing Stericson's busybox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox) and SuperSU (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu) and then updating the su binary in the SuperSU app.
Tap-and-hold a setting for showing the on-screen help dialog which also has an option for marking this setting to be automatically loaded on boot.
Get the kernel, additional information about the kernel tweaks and support at RootzWiki/XDA!
You can also get this app on Android Pit which accepts Paypal and other payment options: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/aperture.ezekeel.gladoscontrol/GLaDOS-Control
*** This application is ONLY for the Galaxy Nexus (GSM, Verizon and Sprint) and Nexus 7 (WiFi, GSM) devices and you will need root access. ***
With Hovering Controls you can use your phone just like Samsung Galaxy S4 does with Air Gesture and much more!
HOW TO UNINSTALL IF YOU ENABLED ADMIN:
App menu-->uninstall - admin-->Disable
now you can uninstall
THIS IS A LIMITED FREE VERSION (NOT ALL FEATURES ARE INCLUDED) NOW YOU CAN TEST THE APP AND BUY IF YOU LIKE!!
Hovering Controls uses the proximity sensor of your device to register simple motions performed in front of your device. Predetermined apps can be launched by either hovering over the sensor, swiping once, or swiping twice. Silencing an alarm or ringtone is as simple as a hand wave. You can also control your media playback this way, allowing you to change to the next or previous song or video without ever turning on the phone screen and physically touching it.
Do you like Quick Glance from Galaxy S4? Now you can have it too!!
And that is not all, you can lock/unlock your phone, answer calls, slide betwen photos in your gallery and scroll up/down in your browser!! (browser scroll and gallery slides need a rooted device)
Two modes are available, both offering a different take on opening apps:
Target mode: open a pre-determined app with a set gesture
Carousel mode: open up apps from a set list of apps
The app uses proximity sensor, use test sensor in menu to test your sensor sensibility and finde how you have to wave for it to detect. If you decide to hide notification icon, the service may stop working if android needs memery resources (it will stop detecting events ) for a while until it is restarted by its own.
Music Controls How-To:
1.- Start Hovering Controls with Music Control Activated in settings.
2.- Open your music/video player and start playing a song/video
3.- You can now use other apps while listening music, Hovering Controls will remember wich app was playing your song/video, if you want to change the player, just open it and start playing a song/video!
- Set apps to open with all the available gestures.
- Silence alarm.
- Silence incoming call. ONLY PAID VERSION
- Switch betwen recent apps (like back and forward behaviour)
- Fast go to home screen
- QuickGlance like Galaxy S4 has!!! ONLY PAID VERSION
- Control your music player (next/previous/pause/resume) even with screen off!!!
- Shake phone during a call to activate/deactivate speakerphone.
- Answer incoming call, just put your phone near to your ear (its like Hover Hold)
- Lock/Unlock screen with hand slides!
- Flip Cover Mode. ONLY PAID VERSION
And if you have your phone Rooted...:
- Tilt to slide right left (Beta) ONLY PAID VERSION
- AutoShoot camera to take photo.
- Slide betwen your photos in your image gallery (1 slide->next, 2 slides->previous) ONLY PAID VERSION
- Scroll up and down in your browser (1 slide->down, 2 slides->up. Not all browser are supported)
"What’s in a name? Everything. Extended Controls is definitely the best settings widget app that I have come across and there are quite a few available at the moment" (appstorm.net)
"None of the other apps have as many functions and options as Extended Controls. The long list of widgets, the amount of various designs and its user friendliness make Extended Controls a real must-have!" (androidpit.com)
Extended controls is THE MUST HAVE APP for every Android user.
The application provides highly customizable widget with more than 30 controls.
Extended Controls provides user-friendly graphic interface and a easy configuration manager.
With its features user can customize his widgets and he can beautify your fantastic Android smartphone.
Extended Controls improves batterylife using an innovative feature called "Battery saver". It's only app on Play Store that do this!
- Custom backgrounds (from your gallery or download a set of backgrounds from the web);
- Widgets transparency;
- A lot of different icons;
- Edit existing widgets;
- Direct Home shortcuts;
- Customizable colors & labels;
- On/Off dividers;
- All tablets supported;
- Different widgets size (over 10 toggle for any single widget);
- Different indicator type (standard or circular)
- System Info Widget (RAM, CPU, Network, ext-memory, etc.)
- Notification Widget (like Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4)
- Widgets sliders with double arrow, to beautify your home screen;
- Widgets controller on App Drawer (Extended Controls -> Widget option);
- Active widgets in notification bar;
- Stack Widgets list;
- Widgets in notification bar;
- Possibility to remove widgets size from android menu;
- Disable static indicator;
- Widget preview of your widget on configuration activity;
- Share your widgets with main social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Save your widgets and load it whenever you want!!!!
As we know Android provides a widget that allows you to enable or disable these settings: WiFi,Bluetooth,GPS,Sync,Brightness.
With Extended Controls, Android Power Widget can be improved allowing users to add main settings:
- 4G (WiMAX only for EVO)
- APN (Rename APN, Direct Mode or Settings Shortcut)
- Wifi (with indicator label)
- Brightness (High customization, with custom seekbar, label percentage, native mode)
- Auto Sync
- Auto Rotate
- Fly Mode
- SD Scanner
- Silent Mode
- Vibration Mode
- Stay Awake toggle
- Flashlight (Torch) available on (Sony Ericsson X10mini, Sony Ericsson X10, Motorola DroidX, Motorola Droid, Verizon, Mobile, Nexus S, Galaxy Ace, Fascinate, LG Optimus, Atrix, Arc, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Photon, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1 Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Motorola X, Nexus 7, Nexus 10,Galaxy Tab 3, Motorola G, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note III and others)
- Mount USB
- AlwaysOn feature
- Reboot (only for root users!! bootloader, normal or fastboot, confirm dialog)
- Hotspot Wifi
- USB Tether
- Lock Screen (turn your screen off)
- Direct Shortcut app (All activities or applications)
- Haptic feedback
- Volume manager (All volumes controls)
- Shutdown (Only for root users)
- Contact direct call
- System info (RAM, CPU, memory usage, SDcard free memory)
****** WARNING *******
- Read Contact & Call permissions is used to add a "Direct Contact Call" toggle within widget. Without these permissions is impossible to call a contact with one-click.
The Read log permission is used into Issue Manager to allow user to send bugs of ONLY Extended Controls app.
This easy and elegant tool enables you to toggle mobile data with one click, without messing up your APNs. Choose from either small or large widget sizes for convenient placement on your home screen.
- multi system setting widgets in 1 package
- 1 click to toggle mobile data
- Both small and large widgets
Review from this app:
Easy Pc Control is a remote control for your computer!
Developed in Java so it's multiplatform (tested on Windows, Linux, Mac)
This app is exclusive for Android.
It establishes a connection between your phone and
your computer and allows you to manage things like
your mouse, the system volume and other kind of cool
You just have to install the server application
and Easy Pc Control in your Android device and you are
good to go!
You can download the server app from here:
- Mouse pad
- Double tap
- Drag and drop
- Speech recognition (This is an experimental feature: types what you say to your phone in your PC)
Windows only (for now..)
- System volume
- Mute Off/On
- Screen Off/On
Thank you all for your support, I wish you like it and if you have any
question or suggestion, don't hesitate to contact me!
Voltage Control Extreme available!
CPU tweaking made easy and simple.
Increased battery life and higher device performance.
Easy and intuitive overclocking and undervolting.
This application allows you to control advanced features of overclocking kernels, you can change the voltage applied and select frequencies you want to use.
Voltage Control Extreme (developer name sulph8), features include:
- Support more than one profile
- CPU history display
- overvolting support (+50mV and 1500mV limit)
- undervolting up to -250mV (lite version limited to -200mV)
Devices supported (with proper kernels!):
Galaxy S3 (GT-i9300)
Galaxy S2 (GT-i9100)
Infuse 4G (SGH-i997)
Galaxy S (GT-i9000(m))
Epic 4G (SGH-D700)
Galaxy Tab (P1000)
and many, many more!
Supported features may vary on depending on model and kernel.
Voltage Control works with Eclair, Froyo and Gingerbread, Honeycomb, ICS, JB ROMs, no matter if STOCK or CM7/CM9/AOKP/MIUI.
This is a lite version.
- CPU overclock / underclock
- set CPU governor
- changing of I/O Scheduler
- selection of maximum OC frequency
- selection if minimum frequency
- enabling/disabling of particular frequencies (on supported kernels!)
- changing voltage per frequency
- You can create up to two switchable profiles
- Widget with profile switcher and app launcher (passive)
- it can create CWM flashable boot settings remover, to save the day.
After you install the key Extreme features will be unlocked.
Consider it rather *donate version* because these features are NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK.
USE THIS APPLICATION ON YOUR OWN RISK
I recommend app nitrality, which I develop with insanity ROM maker nitr8!
Similar CPU speed setting apps: SetCPU, OverclockWidget, PimpMyCPU, CPU Tuner, Milestone Overclock, CPU Master, No-frills CPU Control
Be in command of your favorite programs, mouse, keyboard and remotely access files of your computer via a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection.
You can even extend it with your own personalized remote controls and share it with the community, or just download and install an already created extension for free!
SERVER DOWNLOAD: http://www.banamalon.net
- Input: Mouse and Keyboard control
- Remote view: Like a Remote Desktop or VNC
- Filemanager: Open, stream or download & upload files
- Video Media Player: Like WMP, VLC or MPC
- Audio Media Player: Like foobar2000, Spotify or Winamp
- Media Center: Like WMC, Boxee or MediaPortal
- Image Viewer: Like IrfanView, Picasa or XnView
- Presentation: Like Powerpoint, OOImpress or PDF
- Marketplace: Download remotes created by other users for free
- System: Taskmanager and Power Options
EXTRA FEATURES PRO VERSION:
- No download limit of 5MB/file
Uses ActionBarSherlock Library
Tags: gpad, gmote, droid, unified, smart glass, smartglass, phonemypc
This app requires ROOT permissions.
If you don't know what root permissions are, you probably don't need this app.
No-frills CPU Control is a tool you can use on your rooted  device to quickly set the CPU frequencies and governor to use.
It allows you to use the highest frequency your phone supports and gain some precious FPS in your preferred game, or go down to the lowest frequency and gain some more juice when your phone is sitting idle.
All of this without any memory footprint or services running in the background!
It has been reported working on a large number of rooted  devices from HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo and so on! Even Kindle and Nook Color!
Unfortunately, it does NOT work on Flytouch tablets, Zenithink zt180, HaiPad M7/Tabtech M7 or fake HTC/Samsung clones. Sorry about that, but you knew what you were buying when you did... didn't you?
Is your device supported? You need ROOT permissions and you'll probably need to be running a CUSTOM ROM (an example is the famous CyanogenMod) with kernel frequency scaling enabled. If you are unsure... just install the app and see for yourself!
If you need a custom ROM for your phone, the best places to find one are XDA [http://forum.xda-developers.com], MoDaCo [http://android.modaco.com/] or similar forums.
Be wary of the frequencies you select! Your phone may lock or become unresponsive if it doesn't like extreme values, but -hey- better safe than sorry: even though No-frills CPU Control allows you to choose if you want to apply the settings on boot, it comes with an extra "safety valve" too! If the device doesn't shut down (or reboot) in a clean way, it will not apply the settings, avoiding those nasty boot-loops you may have had with other overclocking apps. Please keep in mind that apps like QuickBoot are as quick as they are unsafe…
- Easy GUI to set frequencies, governor and i/o scheduler
- "safety valve" to avoid boot-loops in case of unsafe settings (more info in the homepage)
- Stats screen to see the effective usage of frequencies
No-frills CPU Control is open source under Apache 2.0 license. You can find the source code, more informations and you can ask for questions on its project post directly on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911917
SUPPORT: If you have any problems, before you write a negative comment, write an email or go to the homepage to get answers.
If I don't reply you or solve your problem, then go ahead and post a negative comment.
HINT: If you can't find the email of the developer, use the "Send CPU data" feature from the main screen, instead, and add your questions.
This app is FREE and will always be FREE.
Translations are ALWAYS welcome and are now as easy as getting a (free) account to http://www.getlocalization.com/noFrillsCPU/ and correcting what's wrong or filling what's missing. A HUGE "THANK YOU!" to all the people who helped translating this app! (jdb78, kallt_kaffe, David Kejzlar, Ryunosuke Tanaka, Charlie Cheung, dxdiag32, Corentin Garcia, Carlos Camacho, dancer_69, TorbenKB, Chris, FollowWings, Spaar, prescott66, Marco Bizarro, Cristian Silaghi, Cenk H. Uzunboy)
Starting with version 1.21 the app has a new look & feel matching the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and has dropped support for older Android releases (1.6 and 2.0). Don't worry! There's a new app, No-frills CPU Control CLASSIC which will always have the same features as the classic app with the old look & feel!
: if you don't know what a ROOTED device is, you can find a pretty good explanation here: [http://www.androidauthority.com/rooting-for-dummies-a-beginners-guide-to-root-your-android-phone-or-tablet-10915/]
The application is easy and intuitive to use: point your camera at an object and use touch screen to measure. It also has built-in help menu with a short explanation how to use it.
You can use this App in different situations. For example you can cut a pie, pizza or something else in equal parts or portions. Sometimes it is difficult to do by sight especially if you need odd number of pieces (5,7 or 9). It can be also helpful while cooking to measure out certain part of the volume, e.g. 1/3 glass, or cut something with a certain ratio.
This App can be used in every situation where the relative measurement is important:
- you learn to draw and you want to measure exactly part ratios of an object and transfer them onto canvas or paper. The App can also help you to draw object proportions correctly.
- you want to find relative position on a wall for your pictures, e.g. center of the wall or 1/3 wall from a ceiling.
- you can also use the App as a woodworking or carpeting tool to lay off relative distances from edges.
- you can also use it for garden planning for relative measurements.
If you want to measure absolute distance between two points try our app Telemeter or try our camera measure application Partometer that gives results with mm accuracy.
Thank you for your downloads and support!
Hotspot Control does away with those requirements, assuming that the hotspot functionality itself is actually still present and operational on the device. Rooting is *usually* not required.
THIS IS NOT DESIGNED TO BEAT YOUR CARRIER'S TETHERING PROTECTION - For some people it does (it depends on how that protection is implemented) but this is not what the app was made for. It's no use complaining that it doesn't do this for you. This app is designed to circumvent some issues when setting up a *local* hotspot so your devices can communicate with eachother, *not* with the internet (though that also works on several devices).
You can configure the access point (hotspot) name and password, encryption used is alway WPA2 AES + TKIP, to keep it simple.
On some devices that do not have a cellular data connection capability (like the Nexus 10) the hotspot will not give out IP addresses - the app will auto-detect this situation and fix it, but root is required for that option. Note that without root on these devices, the connected devices can still communicate if you configure their IP addresses manually, but that is something for the advanced user.
I personally need this to create a private network (even without a SIM, and thus without an actual *internet* connection) in the field between a number of my devices. Some genius at Samsung decided that my Note II shouldn't create an access point if no SIM is present - I beg to differ! Maybe someone else has use for this as well.
For discussion and questions, see the thread on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2230848
a client to the HCA Server running in your home. Using HCA you can control, program, and schedule lights
and appliances using X10, UPB, Insteon, as well as wireless and IR.
In one inclusive package HCA Plus provides for creation and operation of simple to complex automation designs. The top 20 feature list:
1. Integrates Insteon, UPB, and X10 power line technologies
2. Supports IP addressed IR interfaces from GlobalCache and BitWise
3. Supports whole-house wireless
4. Can be used in a client-server mode with multiple simultaneous read-write clients for complete local and remote access to design
5. Includes a web component for access remotely via mobile and desktop browsers
6. Client for Android phones for remote or in-house access
7. Multiple Schedules created by a visual scheduling tool
8. Unlimited number of programs to respond to events. Constructed in a graphical manner from over 60 different actions
9. Supports text based scripts in any scripting language that can utilize the extensive HCA object model
10. Control interface creates a simplified control oriented user interface
11. Integrate into the HCA user Interface views of other applications: security, power management, and cameras using HTML views
12. Send email and SMS messages as part of a program action
13. Create and view Insteon scenes in a graphical manner and remotely program those scenes into Insteon devices
14. Bridge power line technologies by using multiple power line interfaces simultaneously. Create bridge maps to automatically translate between different technology commands
15. Integrates weather data from web based or weather station sources
16. Powerful "whole house modes" for quick power saving programming
17. Background design checker quickly locate design problems
18. Configurable Alert Mechanism for handling exceptional conditions
19. Many tools for creating, viewing, modifying, and documenting the design
20. HCA is well documented in extensive User Guide and Video series.
Download a no-cost 30 day evaluation.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Optimized for Android 1.6 (Donut) all the way to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
Protect yourself from data loss through remote wipe or other harmful actions of USSD hacks.
In order to protect your device from remote wipe and other USSD attacks, make sure that ESET USSD Control is set as the default dialer:
1. Install ESET USSD Control on your device.
2. Use your Android phone to visit our test page: http://www.eset.com/tools/ussdtest (note that this only contains a checker and will not make changes to your phone).
3. When prompted to complete action, check "Always perform this action" and select ESET USSD Control.
For step by step installation please follow our Knowledge Base http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3139
Please note that once installed, the app runs invisible in the background, with no icon on the home screen. ESET USSD Control only interacts with the user when an attempt to run a harmful USSD code is detected. To make sure the app is installed correctly, go to Android Settings > Applications and look for ESET USSD Control.
What is USSD?
The purpose of USSD codes is that telecom operators can provide distance support for phone devices. An example of such code is one that displays IMEI number (*#06#), but there are also USSD commands that can wipe all data and restore a phone to factory settings.
How can USSD attack be launched?
Protection against USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) attacks is an essential security layer for Android devices, since these attacks can be easily initiated by all means that lead to visiting a website containing malicious USSD command such as SMS, QR code, or simply by tapping a fraudulent link in the browser.
How does ESET USSD Control protect you?
By checking for malicious codes before they are executed, ESET USSD Control makes sure that all data on your Android phone stay safe. The app displays a warning window each time a malicious USSD code is found, blocking the execution of the potentially harmful command.
(Click on an app again to remove the notification)
* OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
* WIFI(Recommended), 3G(depends on network environment)
* It works well on the same LAN as PC uses. (Same router).
* Ad appears on the bottom.
* GOM Audio
* GOM Player
* The KMPlayer
* VLC media player
* DAUM PotPlayer
* Tok! Player
* Choco Player
* Any applications you want.
* Mouse (Left,Right,Middle,Double Click, Wheel)
* Changeable Shortcuts
* System control
* WakeOnLan Support
Welcome to your feedbacks and ideas. :)
Works on eclair, froyo, gingerbread, and now honeycomb, provided your phone was already capable of car mode.
I've had trouble with this functionality embedded in Car Dock Home v3. Even google seems to keep their app that enters car mode separate from the market app that acts as a car home.
If you are on a froyo or better phone and have the Google 'Car Home' icon in your launcher, I recommend using that to enter car mode.
I'm compelled to make this free due to the functionality previously being in Car Dock Home v3 (free)
Keywords: Car Mode, Car Dock, Simulator, Car Home
More from developer
* Please try the free version before use.
* Please be sure to remove the free version.
- Set the User Icon.
- No Banner.
- All other functions.
Touch the left and right edges of the screen.
Easy Interface PieControl!
*To request permission to use the menu key and back key.
does not require root permissions.
*** Please Please read ***
-> Simple Control [ON]
2. How to use
- Show : Please slide from the outside of display.
- Hide : Please slide to outside of display.
* Vertical screen(bottom_center side)
* Horizontal screen(Right_center side)