Do you own a home server or a Dropbox account, and want to share music files with your Android mobile device? If so, Coconut Music Player is for you.
You may have a large collection of music files, it's not practical to store everything on your phone, but you want to have the ability to access any one song whenever and wherever you are, without worrying about device disk space.
With Coconut Music Player, you can:
- Download and play music files from your home server through LAN/FTP protocol.
- Download and play music files from your Dropbox/Google Drive.
- Or just play music stored your device SD Card.
- Create multiple playlists.
- Sort playlist by file name or randomize it.
- Option to display ID3 tag info on playlist.
- A basic Download Queue Manager lets you see what is being downloading, and what is queued.
- Abort/cancel/retry if download hangs or failed.
- Cache downloaded music. Avoid repeat download and you can play it offline.
- Configure files cache disk space. App will auto delete the oldest file when files size exceeds limit.
- Configure how many files to buffer ahead, and how many concurrent downloads.
- Show/hide notification icon.
- Basic alarm.
Note: this app does not "stream-play" music. It will play when the entire song is downloaded and cached.
Free version is Ads supported. Purchase full version to remove Ads!
- Internet: to download music files =_='
- Access Network State: requires by Dropbox API.
- Write External Drive: store app settings and cache files in your SD Card.
- Read Phone State: to auto pause/play music when there's a incoming call/hang up.
- Get Accounts: Required by Google Drive API
- Manage Accounts: Required by Google Drive API
- Authenticate Accounts: Required by Google Drive API