Morse Code Keyer allows text entry from Morse code input. It features a CW paddle type interface with a dit key and a dash key to enter the characters. This is good way to practice generating Morse code. This practice can solidify skills in learning and forming the Morse code characters. This skill can translate directly to sending CW on the ham radio bands if you have an amateur radio license. If you don't have a license, it can be fun to impress your friends with messages you composed with Morse code.
-Full Iambic keyer.
-Send entered text by SMS or email
-Iambic mode can be turned on and off.
-Adjustable auto word spacing.
-Easy adjustment of side tone frequency (200 – 1500Hz).
-Easy adjustment of WPM.
-Adjustment of sound envelope to affect quality of sound.
-Stand alone keyboard in pro version.
This is the free version and has the same functionality as the pro version, but contains ads and does not contain a stand alone keyer. Using this app is a good way to evaluate if this works well on your device.
The keyer is a full Iambic keyer with one caveat. If you push the dah key, then press the dit key, the characters will alternate like an Iambic keyer. The issue is if you lift your finger off of the dah key, the output will stop instead of continuing to repeat the dit character. This is due to the way Android multi-touch works. In the same scenario, lifting the dit finger will allow the dah characters to continue.
Morse Code Keyer features a settings screen where screen layout, keyer and sound settings are adjustable.
The layout options consist of turning on and off a small popup window. This window will show the dits and dahs as they are entered. The side of the screen the dit key is on can be adjusted (right or left). There is also an option that affects the visibility of the words per minute (WPM) slider.
For the keyer you can adjust whether or not the keys should repeat. For example, holding the dah key repeats the dah key at the current WPM setting. Iambic mode is also adjustable. With this on and when both keys are pressed, the dits and dahs will alternate. The auto spacing feature is also adjustable. This adds spaces automatically at word boundaries.
The sound setting that is adjustable is the rise and fall time envelope percentage. The percentage is of the total dit time. Longer values will make a softer sound, while shorter values give the sound more punch.
Thank you for your interest in Morse Code Keyer. If you any issues what so ever, please contact me rather than leave negative feedback. I will work with you to resolve the issues.
- convert between text and morse.
- use a telegraph for simulating a morse transmission.
- learn about morse code.
- beep or vibrate the code.
- change the frequency (key) of beep.
This app requires the following permissions:
-VIBRATION: for allowing the vibration of the morse code.
-INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE is required for showing ads.
☺ Faster Than Morse (FTM) helps you to ☺
- train your morse code skills in Race against time mode
- test your Morse listening ability to receive a complex message
- quickly and easily convert test to morse code and back, flash the message using the flash in your camera or beep it
☺ And more: ☺
- sharing is supported. You can select a text in email client, send it via “share” button to the FTM, convert to the morse code and via “share” in the FTM send to any eg Facebook/SMS message,...
- you can edit the Morse code table
- fits nicely even on the smallest phone displays.
- configurable speed of sound output in words per minute. Farnsworth timing is supported.
- tracking of mistakes; symbols you do not know very well are repeated more often to train them
If you like the application, rate it with five stars :-).
I am not responsible for any damage caused by the application.
WARNING: Excessive usage of flash and vibrations can discharge your smart phone battery faster than usual.
The application is tested on HTC Desire HD. If it does not work on your device, let me know via email and I will try to debug and solve the issue. I will be also grateful for any your comments.
Keywords:morse code, morse signalization, morse code translation, dot, dash, dit, dah, flash, sharing, editable morse code
2 send morse sms
3 convert morse sms to message
4 vibrate your phone according to the morse code
5 create a morse-code tone and play it
6 Set the music and vibrate speed
7 Save a morse-code sound to sd-card
8 decode a saved sound
9 facebook wall post
Pour faciliter la navigation, une option de recherche est disponible.
Vous trouverez tous les rois de France, leurs dynasties, leurs armoiries,...
A venir :
- Ajout d'un arbre généalogique
- Ajout d'une carte pour mieux comprendre l'évolution du territoire de la France sous les différents règnes.