There are two start modes. You can set a count down interval, for example 5 minutes. In addition, you can just enter the scheduled start time and the timer will count down toward that time. An interval time can be set in which case the start time will automatically increment by that number of minutes once the race start time counts to zero.
Over 12 years of event management and race timing helped inspire Race Timer.
We'd love to hear your feedback! Feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
The number of lanes shown simultaneously varies based on screen length. Most phones will be able to display 6-8 timers at once, while tablets will be able to display 16-20.
In addition to basic start/stop/split/reset, this app includes the following features:
* Countdown-start up to 60 seconds (group or individual)
* Lock lanes to prevent changes
* Naming lanes
* Easy add / fast deleting timers
* Holo theme
* Share your live results with other apps like Gmail, Facebook, and Twitter
* No ads or permissions required
You can keep track of any race in any sport, whether you're watching NASCAR on TV, attending a college track and field event, or coaching your local high school swim meet. Supports races as short as sprints (down to the millisecond) up to and beyond marathons.
This is a free evaluation copy of iRegatta Pro, where you can test the features for 4 minutes. You can buy access to the features you like to use as In-App purchases, or you can buy the Pro version to have Basic, NMEA and AIS features included.
The build-in GPS unit and the unique graphical possibilities of these devices, make them ideal for such an application.
IMPORTANT: iRegatta requires internal GPS or Bluetooth/WiFi connection to NMEA data, to get the sailing data required for calculations.
We have been testing with the DMK box from dmkyacht.com and weatherdocks products (easyais.de).
iRegatta has been available for iPhone/iPad for years, and has a lot of useful features.
Now the Android version has similar features, except that NMEA instrument data also can be used using a BlueTooth connection (or a Wifi connection).
If you have a Android phone anyway, this is a cheap way to introduce you to the benefits of a GPS device, to help you leverage your regatta sailing performance.
A downside is of cause the fact that most phones are not waterproof! But there are products out there, you can put your device into, to make it waterproof and still be able to operate it while sailing. In this way you can either mount it near your other instruments on your keelboat or strap it to your arm if you are sailing a dinghy.
Here you can see your 4 most important readouts, fore instance Heading, Speed, VMG and Wind Direction.
By tapping and holding one of the 4 main readouts for 2 seconds, they become configurable. Scroll down the list to chose the information you want to display. Many of the possible readouts are only updated if you have NMEA input.
If navigating towards a waypoint, you can configure your readouts to display distance/bearing.
There also is a lift indicator, showing you if you have been lifted by a wind shift, and graphs showing the development in your speed and VMG over a configurable amount of time and a permormance bar.
Set your wind direction by storing your heading while sailing on upwind on starboard and port tack, or simply type it in.
Here you have your count down (including sync), and you can mark your starting line and iRegatta will calculate the distance to the line and indicate the favorite line end, if wind direction is set.
Navigate to your favorite pre-stored waypoints, create a route of waypoints or create a new temporary waypoint by distance/bearing.
Here you can see your location, Max speed and Trip odometer. On the left hand side there is a polar diagram. tap it and it'll increase in size. Change the wind speed to see the different polars. These polars are the base for the performance bar in the race view.
If you choose to turn on "NMEA input via BlueTooth" in the iRegatta setting, you will be able to receive instrument informations from your boat, if it's able to transmit NMEA information using BlueTooth.
Be aware that many instrument informations can bee transmitted in different NMEA syntax. Not all NMEA syntaxes are implemented in iRegatta.
If you have an AIS receiver that transmits AIS data as NMEA sentences, an AIS radar will show all vessel information received.
THIS IS NOT A GAME.
Application is used as an additional tool next to standard yacht equipment to take tactical decisions faster.
Sail Racer app suggest the favored end of the start line, monitors your position, time and guides the maneuvers that the start line was hit at the last moment with the best possible speed.
With the app it is easy to navigate in racing area. Interface is designed in a way that course efficiency, the lay lines and shifts could be captured in a splash of a second. Skipper does not need to analyze the numbers and can concentrate on handling the boat, maximizing performance and playing tactical games with competitors.
Every wind gust and lull affect the boat heading and is visualized in a “easy to read” shift bar on the top of compass rose. Course Deviation Indication – bar on the bottom of the compass rose displays long run course deviation between two marks.
Sail Racer is designed and developed by sailors. It has everything to sail on the edge.
- Course over ground
- Speed over ground
- Turn instruction
- Mark and Start line Range
- Wind shift indicator
- Course deviation indicator
- Cross track error
- Count down time
- Time to burn
- NMEA data connection
More information www.sailracer.net
App does NOT contain any ADS.
Sailrace.net app is free for learning (Optimist kids, Lasers and other centerboards) and for evaluation purposes. We kindly ask all keel boat racers to purchase Premium license for 10 euros / year.
Have a good start and even better finish.
Classic boats are boats which endure. They get passed down through families or taken on by enthusiasts who love the look and feel of these craft. Now available on tablets, Classic Boat magazine covers loving restorations of small wooden boats, through to the larger J Class classics.
Every month Classic Boat magazine showcases the world’s most beautiful classic yachts alongside a wealth of news,invaluable restoration advice, opinions and reviews by the best writers in the business.
*Back issues and future issues are available for purchase within the App.
Future issues are also available through the following auto-renewing subscription(s):
-12 Issues (1 Year) at £33.99 / $47.99
- 6 Issues (6 Months) at £17.99 / $25.99
-1 Issue (1 month) at £2.99/$4.99
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues. Payment will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase. This subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period, your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal will match the initial subscription price.
For support, please visit http://www.apazine.com/support/
If GPS switched on it also displays distance to Start line, time to start line and time to kill. Speaks time and/or distance if you have Text to Speech installed on your device.
Saves Kml file in YachtTimer folder on SD card with your starts which can be opened in Google Earth.
Timer changes color depending on distance to line.
Light Blue: 3+ boat lengths.
Green: 1-3 boat lengths.
Yellow: 0-1 boat lengths.
After start it is Blue/Green/Yellow if you were behind the line and red if OCS.
Made by sailor for sailors. Please report all bugs and send me your suggestions. I am sailor, not programmer.
This is trial version that lasts till 31.12.2012.
Die App ermöglicht:
- Verwalten der Bootsdaten incl. Yardstick
- das Anlegen / Editieren von Regatten (Törns)
- das Anlegen / Editieren von Einzeletappen
- einen Countdown zum Start einer Regatta
- die Zeitnahme einer Etappen incl. tatsächlicher und berechneter Zeit
- Aufzeichnung einer Etappe incl. Koordinaten, Richtung und Geschwindigkeit
- Anzeige von Etappen in Google Maps
- Erstellen von Fotos entlang eines Törns
- Erstellen eines Zielfotos einschl. Übertragung an die Regattaleitung
Set the start time for the regatta. Add your and your competitor's boat name and rating(handicap). Push a button when each boat finish, or enter the finish time.
View the Scoreboard on your phone.
Email the results to your computer and open them in Excel. (only in full version)
This sailing timer is great for keeping track off your competitors in your local Beer Can Race or for more serious sailing yacht races.
Supported handicap systems:
LYS/IRC - elapsed-time * rating
KLR - elapsed-time * rating / 100
RYA PORTSMOUTH YARDSTICK (beta) - elapsed-time / rating * 1000
Fore bugs or suggestions please send me an email
This free trial version will give you the opportunity to test it before you buy and see how useful it is on the starting line with your racing yacht ...
• Choose your countdown between 1 and to 2 minutes (10 min in the full version).
• The Start-Button will immediately set off the Countdown.
• The talking Regatta Countdown will not only remind you of the time left verbally, but is also supported by Beep-Sounds.
• If you missed any signal you can easily correct the Countdown by using the SYNC UP or the SYNC DOWN button.
COUNTDOWN TO UTC TIME (this feature is available in the full version only!)
• Get the exact time from GPS satellites.
• Choose your appointed starting time (UTC).
• The countdown will then start automatically.
• Starting from 10 minutes down to your start, the time is announced verbally and supported with exact Beep-Sounds.
• If the signals given by the race committee are different from your settings, you can correct the Regatta Countdown by pressing the SYNC UP or the SYNC DOWN button.
• It is getting harder to find helping hands.
• This app will most definitely make your life on board of the committee boat much easier!
• You want to handle flags and acoustic signals at the same time?
• This app will even count down the time to your next signals!
• Start by interval between 1 to 2 minutes (10 min in the full version)
• Start by presetting UTC time (only available in full version)
• Correction of preset time to the next full minute by using the SYNC UP or the SYNC DOWN button
• Synchronize your device time with GPS satellite time
• Multilingual (currently available in English and German) more will follow soon
• Sound and talking countdown ON/OFF
• Font color picker
• Background color picker
• Lock screen to landscape mode
• Lock screen to avoid unintended touching
• Flight Mode (no calls) during the last 5 minutes before the start ON/OFF
• Automatic day/night colors ON/OFF
• Vibration alerts
• We recommend to use an armband to have best view and sound experience of this app!
• Search Shops for TUNE BELT or ARMOR-X
Good Luck for your races, fair winds and thanks for your feedback!
RaceChrono has following major features:
• Lap timer for circuit and point-to-point tracks (both standing start and flying start is supported)
• Gauges for viewing all live data
• Analysis mode with smooth scrolling configurable map and graphs
• Lap list with optimal lap time calculation
• Library of over 1600 pre-made racing circuits
• Intuitive track editor for creating your own track maps
• Virtually unlimited amount of saved sessions
• Virtually unlimited session length
• Smooth graphics especially on devices that support hardware acceleration
• Bluetooth GPS support up-to 20 Hz (for superior accuracy over internal GPS)
• Internal GPS support
Available through in-app-purchases (also included in RaceChrono Pro):
• Support for VBOX Sport, RaceDAC and OBD-II readers (Devices pack)
• Predictive lap timing (Analysis pack)
• Time difference and time gain channels (Analysis pack)
• Reference laps picked from other sessions for comparison (Analysis pack)
• Exporting to VBO, CSV and NMEA formats (Devices pack or Analysis pack)
Notice, devices with Android 2.2 will get an older version of the application with slightly fewer features
Race Timer Live is an Android app built on the LiveLaps real time socket technology scoring platform for displaying events scored by Race Timer. http://www.berkutsystems.com/timer.
Race Timer Live can also be used on your computer by visiting http://www.racetimerlive.com.
In addition, the following categories are provided:
0-60 MPH Timer
0-60 KPH Timer
0-100 KPH Timer
Users can save their best timings and view the top 10 best timings in each category.
Provides functionality to clear history as well.
Inherent GPS inaccuracy has been taken care of to a reasonable extent. If a drag has major outliers, that drag would be flagged.
Once drag category is chosen and Start button clicked (after GPS connection is obtained), the rider can move at any time and drag starts only when he moves.
Vibrate on drag completion
Disclaimer: Even with an outlier algorithm in place, the readings obtained are directly dependent on GPS readings and there might be inaccuracies especially if the sky is cloudy or in the presence of tall structures. Such drags will be flagged.
Please convey us any further suggestions/requirements to improve this app.
The built-in keys and auto-selection modes will appeal to themers and modders. The ability to sign with private keys will appeal to developers.
This app does not require root privileges.
See the website for full documentation.
Note, your best bet for configuring Edify is to use 'Option 1' in the Update Edify screen (via the ZipThemer menu). This requires having an update.zip file on your sdcard that is known to work on your device. If you installed the current ROM via a flashable update, then use the ROM update file. You don't have to install the update, just have it downloaded and available for configuring Edify in ZipThemer.
Also, when a theme doesn't apply on a new version of the OS, it means that the Android team or ROM developers have changed the name of image files within system APKs or the names of the APKs themselves. The solution is to create a new version of the theme that contains the correct file names for the new OS/ROM. Contact the theme author and request a version compatible with your version of the OS.