- Update the latest HK UV index and provide the suggested ways of protection
- Provides up coming 3 days HK UV index from 8am to 6pm each day
- Provides the current year and last 2 years each month HK UV index chart, compare the UV index on each month
The Sun Shield App delivers:
- Real-time daily and hourly UV Index measurements for anywhere around the globe at the solar noon and hourly intervals to safely enjoy your time in the sun.
- 6-day UVI Forecast and Ozone Column information to prepare you in advance for a safe experience outdoors.
- Your individual Skin Type using the complete Fitzpatrick Skin Type Assessment as used by dermatologists, the precautions you need to take based on your Skin Type, and why this is important in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Which broad-spectrum SPF lotion you should use and how long you can safely stay in the sun based on your individual Skin Type, the UV Index and the time of day.
- Important health-related facts from the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding Ultraviolet Radiation, Skin Cancer Prevention, year-round importance of UV awareness, etc.
“Protection from the sun’s UV rays is critical in the prevention of skin cancers. I always advise my patients to be aware of the dangers of UV rays and the need to protect themselves. The Sun Shield app is a great tool for the real time reminder to my patients of these dangers while also giving them guidance for the right SPF lotion to use based on their individual Skin Type and the current local UV index. It’s sun exposure information at your finger tips which is great for patients.”
Richard P. Lafleur, MD, FACP
Southern New Hampshire Internal Medicine Associates
Use Sun Shield and enjoy your place under the sun!
Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or comments.
Solar storms release particles that can destroy computer circuits.
The intensity of solar storms is expected to peak in 2013.
In 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed, shocking telegraph operators, telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire.
That was in 1859.
Get daily updates of solar flares
Detailed information about alerts
Worldwide ozone levels
Daily updates of sunspots and solar activities
* Featured on Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV Canada is a useful app for the residents of Canada which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by the weather office of the government of Canada. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency, to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. The BC Cancer Agency, an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority, provides a province-wide, population-based cancer control program for the residents of British Columbia and the Yukon. Enjoy the sun light more safely!
* Follow us on Twitter @uvcanada !
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or comments.
- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
to get some sun for vitamin D, making it easier than ever to be smart about your sun exposure all
With a few clicks, you can find a 7 day weather forecast, the UV level and sun protection
times for your local area in Australia so you will always be prepared for the day ahead.
Personalise the sun protection alert to remind you of the daily sun protection times, either at a
time of your choice or when the UV reaches a level where sun protection is required.
Use the vitamin D Tracker to find out if you are getting enough UV exposure to help with your
vitamin D levels
Sun protection times are issued daily by the Bureau of Meteorology.
Please submit any feedback and suggestions in regards to this app to
email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
The SunSmart app is a initiative of SunSmart Victoria- a program of Cancer Council
Victoria and VicHealth. SunSmart programs run in all Australian states and territories
by the Cancer Council. For more information visit sunsmart.com.au.
All UV alerts and weather forecast information provided by the Bureau of
Meteorology. For more information visit bom.gov.au/uv.
The SunSmart app was developed by Boosted Human Mobile and Web Solutions
* Choose units (temperature: C, F; distance: km, miles; gust: kn, Bft, m/s, km/h, mph)
* Update periods: City: 1-12 Day Forecast every 6 hrs, 1/2 Day Forecast every 3 hrs, Current Weather Info varies between 30 min and 6 hrs, Radar: 5min (UK), 15 min (Europe), 1hrs (USA, Australia). Maps every 6hrs.
* Timezone: Location Forecast: local time at the forecast location. All other times according to the preset time for the device.
* View pictures step by step
* Level: Continent; Country; Region (Radar only available for United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Spain, USA and Australia).
* Surface pressure
* 3 Day Forecasts
* 1-12 days: Tmax; Tmin; Weather -a.m.; -p.m.; -evening; Rain risk; Precipitation; Wind direction and mean wind force -a.m.; -p.m.; -evening; UV index; Sunshine hours; Sunrise; Sunset; Moonrise; Moonset;
* 12 hrs Forecast in 3 hrs intervals: Temperature; Wind direction; mean wind force; Relative humidity; Weather; Sunshine hours; Peak gusts;
* Current weather: Temperature; Weather; Precipitation; Visibility; Wind -Speed; -Gusts; -Bearing; Relative humidity; Cloud Cover; Cloud Base; SL pressure; -Trend; Snow depths;
* Language: English
* Go to www.weatheronline.co.uk to verify availability of the requested location, map, radar image.
* In case specific radar images are missing please click refresh (Menu --> Refresh).
* Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is equipped with basic weather forecasting features that are functionally accurate with respect to predicting the weather. Read through the following lines highlighting the key features of Weather Glow app:
• Weather Glow has simple but an easy to use interface, which allows user to search for the temperatures during the day easily with high and low temperatures in centigrade.
• A 24 hour, hour by hour weather check is provided to keep you informed about the sudden climate changes during the day.
• Weather Glow has the capability to display percentage of humidity present in the atmosphere during the day which changes hourly.
• The air pressure at the selected location is given as well.
• Also, the wind speed is displayed for the selected day.
• Moreover the wind direction on any day is also provided.
• Local and international weather updates are available for 5 days of the week..
• You can also use automatic location finder to adjust to your current location for displaying weather.
• Select a location by searching manually through search bar and view the weather forecast for that particular city.
• The Weather Glow app has incredible images for depicting weather forecast and different transitions from day to night.
• Moreover, the images change as the location changes giving an overall environment of the selected city creating great visual appeal.
Weather Glow is a one stop application to find the weather changes 4 days ahead of you. Download this app now and share your valuable feedback with us!
This application provides you with the most complete weather forecast information: [feeling] temperature, outdoor temperature, time of sunrise and sunset times, wind speed, humidity, UV index, visibility, pressure, rainfall probability etc; No matter where you are, keep abreast of weather information.
With this app to view weather conditions has never been so easy and fun , fingertips can get the most accurate weather forecasts, you can also add a home screen Widget at any time to display the latest weather information .
This is a very cool and useful weather forecast APP, is detailed than the most of weather forecast application on the market , definitely worth your to download !
- Superb screen design, full seasons change and the current weather conditions characteristic
- Depending on the weather the weather changing different backgrounds and have different animation effects, such as rain, snow, thunderstorms, etc.
- Detailed weather information , specific to the hourly forecast
- You can predict the weather up to 10 days to facilitate your travel
- Support future weather trend comparison chart , and more intuitive to show weather information
- Support for geolocation, retrieve the latest weather for your current location.
- Offline caching can view weather
- Animation sunrise and sunset times, and wind direction and barometric pressure
- Humidity detection, UV index and precipitation forecast
- Support to switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Support for wind speed, time, pressure, visibility, date, etc. Unit switch
- Can be freely opened or closed status bar Weather
- The new home screen Widget tool, you can choose weather widget 4 * 1 or the weather widget 4 * 2
- You can add multiple locations to track weather information, just slide the screen to switch cities
- Share weather information to friends, through e-mail, Gmail, Facebook and Flickr.
- Pull down to refresh the weather
- Paddling up and down to display detailed weather information
- Paddling around to display your favorite places
Go on vacation, a run or even a picnic and your forecast will go with you.
Using your phones location aware technology Hourly Weather is able to better predict weather changes to give you the information you need to plan your commute, activities and daily life.
Hourly Weather is powered by the awesome yr.no weather service.
The gauge, protection instructions and recommendations for how long one should be exposed to sunlight vary according to the UV index scale. The app displays the UV index measured at the observation station closest to the user. The closest observation station is resolved based on the current location of the mobile device.
The purpose of this app is to help people protect themselves from UV radiation. Exposure to strong UV radiation is harmful. Sunburn causes premature ageing of skin and it may also lead to skin cancer. UV radiation may also weaken the immune system and damage the eyes.
The observation data is fetched from different sources depending on the user's location. Sources include: World Weather Online, the Finnish Meteorological Institute and the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA).
Observation data for Finland is read in real-time from a service provided by the the Finnish Meteorological Institute. The data displayed in the application is licensed by the Finnish Meteorological Institute: http://en.ilmatieteenlaitos.fi/open-data-licence.
Observation data for Australia is read in real-time from a service provided by the Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA). The data displayed in the application is licensed by ARPANSA: http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/realtime/xmlrt.htm.
The UV index is an international standard measurement of the strength of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun at a particular place on a particular day.
Es gibt Unwetterwarnungen für alle Landkreise und eine Wochenvorhersage der möglichen Unwetter Gefahren (Gewitter, Hagel, Schnee, Eis, Sturm oder was auch immer).
Zusätzlich kann ein Hintergrundservice aktiviert werden, der regelmäßig die Wetterwarnungen checkt und eine Unwetterwarung im Display des Handys zeigt. Hierzu muss die App nicht gestartet sein. Hier wird die Region verwendet die im Regionenfenster ausgewählt wurde. Eine zweite Region kann in den Einstellungen aktiviert werden.
Warnungen können auch in einem Widget dargestellt werden. Funktioniert nur wenn die App NICHT auf der SD-Karte installiert ist. Aktualisierung des Widgets aktuell fix 60 Minuten.
Die App funktioniert aktuell NUR für Deutschland.
Dies ist KEINE offizielle App des DWD sondern lediglich eine optimierter Browser mit praktischen Zusatzfunktionen.
Schlechte Bewertungen helfen nicht die App zu verbessern, schickt mir lieber Fehlermeldungen oder Wünsche!
Für die Qualität der Meldungen übernehme ich keine Verantwortung.
*Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
*Searches for all cities worldwide by country and city or zip code
*Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
*Sunrise and Sunset time
*Up to 9 different locations
*Easily swipe for the most accurate weather forecasts
*Auto location detection
*Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
*Swipe horizontally for other locations
*Swipe vertically for more detailed weather information