The Sun Shield App delivers:
- Real-time daily and hourly UV Index measurements for anywhere around the globe at the solar noon and hourly intervals to safely enjoy your time in the sun.
- 6-day UVI Forecast and Ozone Column information to prepare you in advance for a safe experience outdoors.
- Your individual Skin Type using the complete Fitzpatrick Skin Type Assessment as used by dermatologists, the precautions you need to take based on your Skin Type, and why this is important in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Which broad-spectrum SPF lotion you should use and how long you can safely stay in the sun based on your individual Skin Type, the UV Index and the time of day.
- Important health-related facts from the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding Ultraviolet Radiation, Skin Cancer Prevention, year-round importance of UV awareness, etc.
“Protection from the sun’s UV rays is critical in the prevention of skin cancers. I always advise my patients to be aware of the dangers of UV rays and the need to protect themselves. The Sun Shield app is a great tool for the real time reminder to my patients of these dangers while also giving them guidance for the right SPF lotion to use based on their individual Skin Type and the current local UV index. It’s sun exposure information at your finger tips which is great for patients.”
Richard P. Lafleur, MD, FACP
Southern New Hampshire Internal Medicine Associates
Use Sun Shield and enjoy your place under the sun!
Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or comments.
*** ATTENTION: This application is specific to Australia. In locations other than Australia it is made available merely for convenience of international users who work, study or visit Australia.
'OzSun UV' app fetches, consolidates and displays in a convenient colour-coded visual way the current actual real-time observed UV levels data available courtesy of Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) and the daily UV (aka 'SunSmart') alerts as issued to the public by Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) based on forecasts.
In addition, the app also provides shortcut links to relevant public web pages of these and other relevant agencies, where more information about UV levels for the user’s selected city can be found (accompanied by public education materials regarding sun UV exposure risks and protective measures).
The app uses the same international colour coding for UV index levels as established by the World health Organization (WHO) and adopted by the above mentioned Australian agencies as well.
Currently, the following 10 major Australian cities are catered for:
(NOTE: it is expected that more cities will be available in the future)
UV observations courtesy of ARPANSA (http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/realtime/xmlrt.htm#Disclaimer).
Using UV alerts from BOM (http://www.bom.gov.au/info/about_uv.shtml).
FOR SUPPORT & FEEDBACK:
Please visit: http://ozsun.okapps.net
to submit queries, feedback and suggestions in regards to this app.
Also via TWITTER: @okApps
***** DISCLAIMER *****
Nothing contained in this application, or the data presented, is intended to be used as a substitute for a health professional's advice.
The developer of this application does not accept any liability for any injury, loss, damage or costs incurred, or any consequences resulting directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information inferred via use of this application.
This application uses data retrieved from sources managed by third parties. These data may not always be available, accurate and up-to-date.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND APPLY COMMON SENSE!
- Update the latest HK UV index and provide the suggested ways of protection
- Provides up coming 3 days HK UV index from 8am to 6pm each day
- Provides the current year and last 2 years each month HK UV index chart, compare the UV index on each month