Ever wonder how long you have in the sun for YOUR current environment and skin type? The UV Index app enables you to customize your UV index. When you specify your skin type, sunscreen's SPF, the local terrain (park, beach, city, skiing, etc.) and cloud cover, the app calculates your local UV Index and estimates how long you have in the sun before skin damage occurs.
Please note this app requires: (1) a connection to the Internet; and (2) the GPS/Location Services to be on. Note: there is no interface to manually enter a location.
As with many health and weather related apps, there are many variables that GREATLY affect the calculated results. Use the data from this app with caution and common sense.
We our proud of of apps! If you have a problem using our apps, please let us know and we'll work with you to fix it. Send support questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our sincere thanks!
- Update the latest HK UV index and provide the suggested ways of protection
- Provides up coming 3 days HK UV index from 8am to 6pm each day
- Provides the current year and last 2 years each month HK UV index chart, compare the UV index on each month
Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or comments.
The Sun Shield App delivers:
- Real-time daily and hourly UV Index measurements for anywhere around the globe at the solar noon and hourly intervals to safely enjoy your time in the sun.
- 6-day UVI Forecast and Ozone Column information to prepare you in advance for a safe experience outdoors.
- Your individual Skin Type using the complete Fitzpatrick Skin Type Assessment as used by dermatologists, the precautions you need to take based on your Skin Type, and why this is important in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Which broad-spectrum SPF lotion you should use and how long you can safely stay in the sun based on your individual Skin Type, the UV Index and the time of day.
- Important health-related facts from the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding Ultraviolet Radiation, Skin Cancer Prevention, year-round importance of UV awareness, etc.
“Protection from the sun’s UV rays is critical in the prevention of skin cancers. I always advise my patients to be aware of the dangers of UV rays and the need to protect themselves. The Sun Shield app is a great tool for the real time reminder to my patients of these dangers while also giving them guidance for the right SPF lotion to use based on their individual Skin Type and the current local UV index. It’s sun exposure information at your finger tips which is great for patients.”
Richard P. Lafleur, MD, FACP
Southern New Hampshire Internal Medicine Associates
Use Sun Shield and enjoy your place under the sun!
Radar is able to tell you more precisely about whether there is any rain. Analyze between radar and satellite pictures, you can be a weather specialist.
Summer is coming, but it is so hot outside. What should we do? Open "UV Index", and you'll get the latest information about UV. You can also check the UV Index change graph for managing your outdoor activity.
☀ Customize the amount and speed of the satellite pictures animation.
☀ Know better by observing the satellite pictures animation.
☀ Get the latest information about earthquakes.
☀ Show the location of earthquake on Google Maps.
☀ UV index list sort by user location.
☀ Professional radar information.
☀ All the pictures can be shared.
*** ATTENTION: This application is specific to Australia. In locations other than Australia it is made available merely for convenience of international users who work, study or visit Australia.
'OzSun UV' app fetches, consolidates and displays in a convenient colour-coded visual way the current actual real-time observed UV levels data available courtesy of Australian Radiation Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency (ARPANSA) and the daily UV (aka 'SunSmart') alerts as issued to the public by Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) based on forecasts.
In addition, the app also provides shortcut links to relevant public web pages of these and other relevant agencies, where more information about UV levels for the user’s selected city can be found (accompanied by public education materials regarding sun UV exposure risks and protective measures).
The app uses the same international colour coding for UV index levels as established by the World health Organization (WHO) and adopted by the above mentioned Australian agencies as well.
Currently, the following 10 major Australian cities are catered for:
(NOTE: it is expected that more cities will be available in the future)
UV observations courtesy of ARPANSA (http://www.arpansa.gov.au/uvindex/realtime/xmlrt.htm#Disclaimer).
Using UV alerts from BOM (http://www.bom.gov.au/info/about_uv.shtml).
FOR SUPPORT & FEEDBACK:
Please visit: http://ozsun.okapps.net
to submit queries, feedback and suggestions in regards to this app.
Also via TWITTER: @okApps
***** DISCLAIMER *****
Nothing contained in this application, or the data presented, is intended to be used as a substitute for a health professional's advice.
The developer of this application does not accept any liability for any injury, loss, damage or costs incurred, or any consequences resulting directly or indirectly by use of or reliance on the information inferred via use of this application.
This application uses data retrieved from sources managed by third parties. These data may not always be available, accurate and up-to-date.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND APPLY COMMON SENSE!
The UV forecast identifies the peak strength of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun at a particular place on a particular day. UV rays can cause damage to the skin and can cause sunburn – which may lead to skin cancer.
The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) is the central association of practising UK dermatologists. The organisation aims to continually improve the treatment and understanding of skin disease, hence our slogan ‘Healthy Skin for All’. The BAD is committed to improving outcomes for skin cancer by promoting both the prevention and early detection of the disease.
The Met Office is the UK’s national meteorological service, and is a Trading Fund within the Department for Business Innovation and Skills. The Met Office provides the most accurate and reliable weather information on TV and radio, in print, and online.
•Daily peak UV forecasts
•In built geo-location to pin point your location and tell you what the corresponding UV level is on that day at your location
•Find out what steps you need to take to protect yourself from over-exposure to the sun and the risks of sunburn and sun damage
•Search function to find out the UV level in thousands of other locations across the UK and globally
•Information about individual skin types (from very pale skin to naturally brown or black skin), and what this means in terms of the risks different UV levels pose to your skin type
•Top tips on sun protection, including clothing, shade and what to look for in a sunscreen.
Find out more about sun protection and the early detection of skin cancer by visiting www.bad.org.uk/sunawareness
Follow the BAD on twitter @HealthySkin4All
Find out more about the Met Office, services provided, and weather forecasts by visiting www.metoffice.gov.uk
Follow the Met Office on twitter @metofficeUK
対応OS：Android OS 2.2以降
推奨端末：XPERIA arc、XPERIA acro、GALAXY S、GALAXY S II他
- ネスレUV予報で、できること -
“Good Food, Good Life”をスローガンとするネスレは、「栄養・健康・ウエルネス企業」として、お客様の肌のシミについての関心が高いことに着目し、肌と食品の関係の研究を行ってきました。そしてこれまでの知見や研究成果をお客様に楽しみながらお役立ていただけるように、このアプリを開発しました。さらなる改良のための参考にさせていただきますので、ぜひアプリを使った感想をお寄せください。
* Featured on Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV Canada is a useful app for the residents of Canada which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by the weather office of the government of Canada. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency, to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. The BC Cancer Agency, an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority, provides a province-wide, population-based cancer control program for the residents of British Columbia and the Yukon. Enjoy the sun light more safely!
* Follow us on Twitter @uvcanada !
* Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or comments.
Το Meteo.gr Sun είναι μια απαραίτητη εφαρμογή στην Ελλάδα ιδιαίτερα κατά τη διάρκεια του καλοκαιριού που ο δείκτης UV φτάνει έως και 10-11, τιμές επικίνδυνες που απαιτούν προστασία από τoν ήλιο.
Σημαντικό είναι να λάβουμε υπ όψη πως τα βλαβερά αποτελέσματα της ηλιακής ακτινοβολίας δεν εξαρτώνται μόνο από την ένταση της ακτινοβολίας αλλά και τoν βαθμό ευαισθησίας ευπαθών ομάδων όπως βρέφη, ηλικιωμένοι αλλά και άτομα με ανοιχτό
Ενημερωθείτε λοιπόν ανά πάσα στιγμή από το Android Κινητό σας και σιγουρευτείτε πως προστατεύεστε από την ηλιακή ακτινοβολία.
Η εφαρμογή διαθέτει:
- Αυτόματο εντοπισμό και πληροφορίες για την περιοχή που βρίσκεστε
- Πρόγνωση UV κατά Περιοχή
- Αναλυτική λίστα με όλες τις περιοχές
- Υπενθύμιση για τoν απόλυτο έλεγχο της συνιστώμενης διάρκειας έκθεσης στον ήλιο.
- Oδηγίες για την κατάλληλη προστασία
- Αγαπημένα (αποθήκευση αγαπημένων περιοχών)
Meteo.gr Sun provides all the information you need about the UV index forecasts - the only thing you need to do is to choose your location and apply sun screen!
Meteo.gr Sun is an important app if you find yourself in Greece, where the UV index increases 10-11 degrees during the summer and sun becomes dangerous for your skin.
Note that the effects of solar radiation do not depend only on the intensity of the radiation itself, but also on the vulnerability of sensitive groups such as infants and the elderly or people with warm skin types.
So stay informed at all times and make sure you’re protected from the solar radiation.
- Automatic location tracking and information display
- Local UV index
- Detailed list with all Greek areas
- Sun screen reminder/alert
- Recommendations for protection
*Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
*Searches for all cities worldwide by country and city or zip code
*Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
*Sunrise and Sunset time
*Up to 9 different locations
*Easily swipe for the most accurate weather forecasts
*Auto location detection
*Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
*Swipe horizontally for other locations
*Swipe vertically for more detailed weather information
This five star, award winning weather app, offers unrivalled, high-quality, detailed information including:
• 3-hourly forecasts for the week ahead including temperature, wind direction and speed, air pressure, precipitation amount and probability and relative humidity
• View forecast as a graph for an alternative, easy to read outlook
• Worldwide alerts and warning levels for extreme weather
• Global satellite and animated radar for the USA, Australia and much of Europe
• Unlimited favourite locations plus “My location” to automatically show the weather where you are
• Connection to your personal weather stations, in partnership with Netatmo
• Additional features: Weather photo, Weather news, Weather reports for over 2 million locations worldwide
• Customizable Widgets (choose your own colour, size, transparency, location, gradient etc.), Live Wallpaper with current weather images and App2SD compatibility
• Explore the benefits of MeteoGroup’s other apps by connecting directly to the 3D globe on MeteoEarth
• NO adverts
Already the most comprehensive weather app on the market, WeatherPro also has a Premium subscription option which takes the service to an even more advanced level. WeatherPro Premium offers everything found on the standard app plus:
• Hourly forecasts for 2 weeks ahead
• Stunning, high resolution weather maps with multiple layers of advanced weather information including precipitation type radar in Europe, radar forecasts, heat maps, lightning strikes and cloud cover forecasts.
• Ski Weather for over 900 resorts in 17 countries and Beach Weather with UV Index and water temperatures for the Mediterranean, Caribbean and other popular holiday destinations.
• And more…
The extensive list of standard and Premium features has simply got too long to list here so, for full details, please visit www.weatherpro.eu.
For status updates please follow @WeatherPro.
WeatherPro is one of the few weather apps to be developed by true weather professionals – find out more about MeteoGroup, Europe’s largest independent weather company at www.meteogroup.com.
本 APP 可以即時獲得 全台紫外線指數 資訊
* 美化 介面
* 即時 UV 資料
* 本日最大 UV 值
* 明日 UV 預報
(資料來源 : 中央氣象局, 環保署)
關鍵字 : 台灣 , 紫外線 , UV , 天氣 , 溫度 , 防曬 , 陽光 , 太陽
to get some sun for vitamin D, making it easier than ever to be smart about your sun exposure all
With a few clicks, you can find a 7 day weather forecast, the UV level and sun protection
times for your local area in Australia so you will always be prepared for the day ahead.
Personalise the sun protection alert to remind you of the daily sun protection times, either at a
time of your choice or when the UV reaches a level where sun protection is required.
Use the vitamin D Tracker to find out if you are getting enough UV exposure to help with your
vitamin D levels
Sun protection times are issued daily by the Bureau of Meteorology.
Please submit any feedback and suggestions in regards to this app to
email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
The SunSmart app is a initiative of SunSmart Victoria- a program of Cancer Council
Victoria and VicHealth. SunSmart programs run in all Australian states and territories
by the Cancer Council. For more information visit sunsmart.com.au.
All UV alerts and weather forecast information provided by the Bureau of
Meteorology. For more information visit bom.gov.au/uv.
The SunSmart app was developed by Boosted Human Mobile and Web Solutions