- Gorgeous and realistic animations of weather conditions
- See at a glance the next weather condition change
- Updated continuously
- Accurate hourly forecasts for the next 10 days
- Fast, beautiful and simple to use
- Detailed forecasts on rain, ice, snow, fog, wind, storm, dew point, UV index, humidity, pressure
- Highest and lowest historical values
- Satellite and radar map animations
- Optimized for both phones and tablets
- Live Wallpaper
- Weather in notification area and temperature in status bar
- Great widget for your home screen
And it’s all free.
Try it now !
Cities: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin and all the others!
The Sun Shield App delivers:
- Real-time daily and hourly UV Index measurements for anywhere around the globe at the solar noon and hourly intervals to safely enjoy your time in the sun.
- 6-day UVI Forecast and Ozone Column information to prepare you in advance for a safe experience outdoors.
- Your individual Skin Type using the complete Fitzpatrick Skin Type Assessment as used by dermatologists, the precautions you need to take based on your Skin Type, and why this is important in the prevention of skin cancer.
- Which broad-spectrum SPF lotion you should use and how long you can safely stay in the sun based on your individual Skin Type, the UV Index and the time of day.
- Important health-related facts from the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding Ultraviolet Radiation, Skin Cancer Prevention, year-round importance of UV awareness, etc.
“Protection from the sun’s UV rays is critical in the prevention of skin cancers. I always advise my patients to be aware of the dangers of UV rays and the need to protect themselves. The Sun Shield app is a great tool for the real time reminder to my patients of these dangers while also giving them guidance for the right SPF lotion to use based on their individual Skin Type and the current local UV index. It’s sun exposure information at your finger tips which is great for patients.”
Richard P. Lafleur, MD, FACP
Southern New Hampshire Internal Medicine Associates
Use Sun Shield and enjoy your place under the sun!
Geomagnetic solar activity has a significant impact on human well-being (exacerbation of disease, malaise, headache, etc.) as well as some technical devices (GPS satellites etc.).
Data source: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
Solar Geomagnetic Activity transcription:
K < 4 - Quiet (Green Sun Icon)
K = 4 - Raised (Yellow Sun Icon)
K > 4 - Storm (Red Sun Icon)
Click on widget to see activity graph image.
- Archive data for last 30 days
- Forecast data for 3 days
- Storm begin notification
- Sharing image of a solar activity chart
More info: http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index
Featured on Canada's Global National TV
* Featured in iTunes What's Hot in Canada
* Featured in iTunes New & Noteworthy in Canada
* Award winner of BC Cancer Agency's Annual Cancer Conference 2011 in Population Health and Health Sciences.
UV US is a useful app for the residents of the United States which helps its users receive daily notifications about the latest status of Ultra Violet (UV) radiation in users' location of choice. Users can also receive weather forecasts and tips on how to reduce the negative effects of long UV exposure. The data is kindly contributed by NOAA US National Weather Service. The application is offered as part of the efforts by Skin Research Training Center and BC Cancer Agency of Canada to raise awareness in dealing with Ultra Violet hazards and to prevent skin cancer. Enjoy the sun more safely!
- Current and forecast uv index and weather report
- Personalized approximate time to burn estimation
- Multiple favorite city selection
- UV hazard push notification
- Tips for skin cancer prevention
* Follow us on Twitter @uv_us !
* Please email us at email@example.com, if you have any questions or comments.
The app includes 14 of the best weather icon sets available, with the ability to add your own icon sets.
Four widgets and an expandable notification are available which are highly customizable.
Also has a DashClock extension.
A pro key is available to remove ads and support development :)
- Update the latest HK UV index and provide the suggested ways of protection
- Provides up coming 3 days HK UV index from 8am to 6pm each day
- Provides the current year and last 2 years each month HK UV index chart, compare the UV index on each month
*Provides current weather condition and five days weather forecast
*Searches for all cities worldwide by country and city or zip code
*Humidity sensor, UV index, and chance of precipitation
*Sunrise and Sunset time
*Up to 9 different locations
*Easily swipe for the most accurate weather forecasts
*Auto location detection
*Ability to set your preferred temperature unit, Celsius or Fahrenheit
*Swipe horizontally for other locations
*Swipe vertically for more detailed weather information
Dersom det skydekket blir annerledes enn varslet, vil UV-strålingen øke. Applikasjonen viser derfor også alternative UV indekser for de tilfellene der været er varslet dårlig.
Appen kan også laste ned et daglig varsel og gjør deg oppmerksom hvis UV-Indeksen går over en verdi du velger
Ultrafiolett stråling kommer naturlig fra sola. UV-stråling kan skade hud og øyne både på kort og lang sikt. Du bør sjekke dette UV-varselet for å vite hvordan du best kan beskytte deg mot strålene.
The UV forecast identifies the peak strength of the ultraviolet (UV) radiation from the sun at a particular place on a particular day. UV rays can cause damage to the skin and can cause sunburn – which may lead to skin cancer.
The British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) is the central association of practising UK dermatologists. The organisation aims to continually improve the treatment and understanding of skin disease, hence our slogan ‘Healthy Skin for All’. The BAD is committed to improving outcomes for skin cancer by promoting both the prevention and early detection of the disease.
The Met Office is the UK’s national meteorological service, and is a Trading Fund within the Department for Business Innovation and Skills. The Met Office provides the most accurate and reliable weather information on TV and radio, in print, and online.
•Daily peak UV forecasts
•In built geo-location to pin point your location and tell you what the corresponding UV level is on that day at your location
•Find out what steps you need to take to protect yourself from over-exposure to the sun and the risks of sunburn and sun damage
•Search function to find out the UV level in thousands of other locations across the UK and globally
•Information about individual skin types (from very pale skin to naturally brown or black skin), and what this means in terms of the risks different UV levels pose to your skin type
•Top tips on sun protection, including clothing, shade and what to look for in a sunscreen.
Find out more about sun protection and the early detection of skin cancer by visiting www.bad.org.uk/sunawareness
Follow the BAD on twitter @HealthySkin4All
Find out more about the Met Office, services provided, and weather forecasts by visiting www.metoffice.gov.uk
Follow the Met Office on twitter @metofficeUK
Ozonizacija je projekat namenjen promociji zaštite stanovništva od prekomernog izlaganja Sunčevom UV-B zračenju putem informisanja javnosti o trenutnim vrednostima UV indeksa i edukaciji o načinima zaštite.
Android aplikacija UV Indeks Srbija pruža podatke o debljini ozonskog omotača iznad Srbije kao i o vrednostima izmerenog indeksa UV zračenja.
Merenja intenziteta biološki aktivnog dela UV spektra sunčevog zračenja u Beogradu vrši Institut za fiziku, Beograd, a merenja u Novom Sadu Departman za fiziku, PMF, Univerziteta u Novom Sadu.
Više informacija saznajte na http://www.uv-srbija.rs