ANU Reporter tells the story of The Australian National University – our staff, students and alumni.
Read about the latest ANU news and research, from groundbreaking cancer drugs to long-lost cultures and what it’s like to be an ANU student.
Each free quarterly edition features exclusive video, photography and audio content.
In this issue: The essence of being Australian, medical diagnoses by iPhone, the quest for female politicians and feeding the world.
‣ Random generator
‣ Sound effects (optional)
‣ Course and sub-course management
‣ Sub-course generator
Random student selection with various display options:
• Standard: Displayed student names will change in rapid sequence. When you tap the screen the sequence will stop and show the selected student.
• Spinner wheel: Spin the wheel by swiping the screen. The wheel has all selectable students on it. When it stops the selected student will be displayed.
Selection modes in random mode:
• Repeating: The selected students will stay available in the following random round.
• One-time only: Selected students will be removed from the available students and cannot be selected again in the following rounds.
Absent students can be deselected before starting random mode.
• Choose sound effects from your device to be played when starting or stopping the random generator.
• Select a color or image to be displayed in the background when using the random generator.
• Build a group (sub-course) from selected students or randomly generate sub-courses by specifying the number of groups or number of students per group.
• Optional assignment of colors to sub-groups for easier group organization or allocation of work materials to groups.
• Either manually enter your students or import them via CSV file from Tapucate.
• Assignment to multiple courses and sub-courses is possible.
• No confusion if students have got the same name by displaying the surname if necessary.
Who's Next is suitable for visualization on a tablet or smartphone, as well as broadcasting to a digital board or using a projector.
This app has been tested and developed in close collaboration with teachers of primary schools, secondary schools and colleges.
Free of charge and advertising!
This app uses graphical resources from
• http://www.icons4android.com / License: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported (CC BY 3.0)
• http://icons8.com / License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported