- User-interface follows Action for Blind People guidelines
- Includes TTS (text to speech)
- Uncontracted (grade 1), SEB and UEB reference
- Interactive tool helps you explore braille dots or translate existing grade 1 braille
- Exercise/game: see how quickly you can translate 10 grade 1 words randomly selected from a dictionary of 5000
- List of characters, contractions, punctuation, and their braille dots
- Translate grade 1 words to braille
More coming soon - we're working on features that'll improve the apps usefulness for people with little or no sight.
Dedicated to Syd Smith and Chris Fisher, more info here: http://fiskur.eu/?p=127
Source: FTE. Bibliography: Meneidi, Nemeth
Contact info: Athinas 17 Kallithea, 17673
Tel.: +302109415222 Fax: +302109415271
Apresenta as seguintes funcionalidades:
- Transcreve texto em Braille para Português e permite enviar SMS com o texto transcrito por meio de uma célula braille virtual interativa.
- Transcreve textos em Português para Braille.
- Lista os sinais Braille (alfabeto, números, letras com diacríticos, Pontuação e sinais acessórios, Sinais exclusivos da escrita Braille, Sinais usados com números e Escrita no contexto informático).
- Apresenta o Guia de Referência do sistema Braille, onde consta as Gráfica Braille para Língua Portuguesa.
- Permite exercitar a leitura Braille, onde são exibidas 10 palavras escritas em Braille e você tentará transcrevê-las para português.
- Permite exercitar a escrita em Braille, onde são exibidas 10 palavras, escritas em português e o você tentará transcrevê-las para Braille por meio de uma célula braile virtual interativa.
A interface do usuário foi desenvolvida com base nos padrões de acessibilidade, o que possibilita seu uso por pessoas com baixa visão ou com deficiência visual total, mas para isso é preciso ativar os recursos de acessibilidade do seu aparelho.
This is the best tool for anyone who likes to learn more about Braille language Alphabets with more features. It allows you to select from FOUR fun lessons:
- Learning 26 Braille alphabets
- Alphabet matching
- Memorization practice
- Vocabulary practice
A must have! Download it now and start learning Braille language alphabets in four fun ways!
With the MBMimic user (teacher, parent) can create a list of users (e.g. students), assign folders with specific content to each student, transfer files from apps like Simple Text Editor to MBMimic, retrieve and send files from and to Mountbatten, emboss files stored in your iOS device, and many more.
MBMimic requires Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Android 4.4 ( KitKat) or higher. For Android BLE (Bluetooth Smart) devices go to www.bluetooth.com.
How to use:
1. Point your camera to some text (in a book, a sign , ...) and the camera will automatically capture the text and say it
2. If you cannot hear the speech - check that you have a Text-to-Speech engine on the device that supports your language - English is already part of the default Google TTS engine
For Hebrew : try installing this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2566795
For best reading results:
1. Re-size the rectangle to fit the specific word or words you would like to hear
2. move the camera slowly forward and backwards while keeping the text in the rectangle for best results
Tested with English and Hebrew
- Various factors can cause the OCR to fail: uneven illumination, stylized text, or text without enough contrast from the background. Try to have good lighting.
- Hold the device steady, and be sure the picture is in focus.
- If you need to scan a large block of text or an entire document, consider using a flatbed scanner or a document scanning app such as TextFairy instead.
SAMSUNG DEVICE NOTES
- On Samsung Galaxy devices, you may need to long-press the menu button to set preferences.
- You may get better results if you un-check "Standard focus mode".
- This app is based on an open source project. It's source code is available at https://github.com/rmtheis/android-ocr.
*** Teaches the sounds and shapes of letters with MULTISENSORY games. ***
*** Developed in collaboration with experts in the field of education and reading difficulties. ***
Alphabetics will capture the attention of your child while she or he plays games that teach the shapes and sounds of the alphabet. It is a wonderful app for phonemic awareness and shape recognition!
NOTE: In I Can Alphabtetics Free you will have access to all of the features and games of the full app, but it will be limited to just 3 letters (b, f, m). To have the entire alphabet, look for the full I Can Alphabetics app.
Alphabetics was designed for children who are learning the alphabet. The app is based on a multisensory approach to learning-- incorporating sight, listening, speaking and tactile features—to teach phonemic awareness.
Phonemes are the smallest units of sound in language and are an important step for learning how to read. Children will learn the most common phonemes represented by animal names with I Can Alphabetics.
Alphabetics is the first app of the I Can Suite. It was designed for children aged 3-6, but if your child is still struggling with beginning reading skills, it can be used at any age. For Dyslexia has done its best to assure the effectiveness of the app by consulting scientific and educational experts in the field of dyslexia. We are especially grateful to the mentorship provided by Dr. Guinevere Eden, Immediate Past President of the International Dyslexia Association and Director of the Center for the Study of Learning at Georgetown University.
What is taught:
• The shape and principal sound of each letter of the alphabet.
How it is taught:
• Through a series of simple exercises, children will hear, trace, pronounce and identify the letters. The letters are introduced in 6 small sets. After they complete a series of multisensory exercises, they are quizzed on their understanding before they can move on to the next set of letters.
How parents and tutors can use it:
• Through individualized Progress Reports parents and tutors can follow what children have practiced and learned for each letter of the alphabet.
This app is appropriate to use with children who have dyslexia because, as
Margaret Byrd Rawson, former President of the International Dyslexia Association (IDA), put so well:
“Dyslexic students need a different approach to learning language from that employed in most classrooms. They need to be taught, slowly and thoroughly, the basic elements of their language—the sounds and the letters which represent them—and how to put these together and take them apart. They have to have lots of practice in having their writing hands, eyes, ears, and voices working together for conscious organization and retention of their learning.”
We love getting feedback from our users. If you have any comments or questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 For Dyslexia, S.L.
This initial version of Go Read allows readers to:
- Read on-the-go with a variety of Android tablets and phones (Android 2.2 Froyo or above)
- Access and download books directly from Bookshare – the world’s largest accessible online library for people with print disabilities
- Read with voiced navigation and text-to-speech
- Read books in DAISY 3 text and EPUB 2 formats
Go Read is optimized for visually impaired readers, and usable by anyone. To get Bookshare content, readers must have a qualifying print disability and have an active membership. Go Read supports both individual and organizational Bookshare memberships, such as schools. To learn more about Bookshare, visit www.bookshare.org.
Go Read is developed by Benetech, a nonprofit technology developer and is based on the open source FBReader (www.fbreader.org).
Developers are invited to contribute to the future development of Go Read and can get more information at www.goread.org.
To share your ideas, or give your feedback visit http://bookshare.uservoice.com/forums/137554-go-read
The present app gives you tips with professional articles, videos and links all over the web.
If you have been suffering from dyslexia and tried different cures and tips, searching for the best remedy online, you can now stop searching.
You’ll find astonishing tips and surprising facts in one app – for free.
Get to know about alternative treatments that can easily be done by yourself.
Watch professional exercises and share your experiences with the web community.
And a lot more…
The idea is based on TuxMath - a very popular educational maths software. This is a fun way for kids to learn numbers and build basic math skills.
Try to destroy the rain of numbers. Any correct answer will destroy the relevant raining equation completely.
2 player mode is a funny reaction game for two people on the same device. You can help your children learn math in a funny way!
Designed for kids and fun! Math really can be fun and really can be easy to learn.
⏰☆12+ new clock designs with hour and min display including a roman numeral clock for advanced learners!
⏰☆General graphic redesign
⏰☆Tell the time in 4 different difficulty levels, currently down to 1 minute intervals.
⏰☆Drag the clock hands on the clock face to practice telling the time and in challenge game modes to earn stars to pass the level.
⏰☆Stop the clock on the correct time.
⏰☆Time quiz, choose the right digital time that matches the time on the clock.
⏰☆Review progress using the achievements screen, see which games have been passed (5 stars).
플래시카드 형식으로 위/아래 슬라이드 제스쳐를 이용하여 아는 단어와 모르는 단어를 구분한 다음, 모르는 한자 및 단어만을 다시 학습할 수 있는 복습 기능이 있어, 나만의 한자 단어장으로도 사용하실 수 있습니다.
또한 한자를 보고 따라쓰거나 한자의 훈음만을 보고 써보는 기능이 있어 쓰기 연습도 가능합니다.
@ 한자 폰트가 깨어져 보이는 경우 원하는 한자 폰트를 /sdcard/data/Hanja/HanjaFont.ttf로 복사하세요. 자세한 내용은 홈페이지 참조 바랍니다.
@ 개선사항이나 문의는 이메일로 보내주세요. 마켓에는 답글을 남기기 어렵게 되어있네요.