This can support for the FTDI USB-Serial Cable.
1. insert the USB Host cable into phone ubs connector.
2. connect FTDI USB-Serial cable with USB Host cable.
3. install and run this Serial Terminal App(this App)
This is Pro Version.
It can support the 1200, 2400, 9600, 14400,19200,115200bps.
Application allows you send and receive data ,monitor data exchange between serial devices, troubleshoot and test modem settings, write and save your own macros. Open as many serial ports as you like; dynamically change serial port settings without necessity to close and reopen current port; adjust baud rate, data bits, parity, stop bits, flow control parameters.
Application is fully compatible with FTDI communication interfaces based on FTDI chips FT232 and FT2232.
* I tested CDC-ACM with Arduino UNO, MEGA, mbed.
test report : NXP LPC1769(thanks to mark)
When you connect a CDC-ACM device to Android, please select Menu -> Open Device.
If you have checked operation, please send me message.
- support CDC-ACM protocol(Arduino, mbed, PSoC etc.)(beta)New!
- support FTDI chips
- Baud rate (1200 - 115200 bps)
- Data bits, Parity Check, Stop bits, flow control, break options(not support in CDC-ACM)
- Display in character/decimal/hex notation.
- send a result by e-mail
- send/receive Linefeed code(CR/LF/CR+LF)
- font size option
You can connect Android to Arduino UNO.
And if you have an FTDI USB-Serial adapter(FT232RL), any microcomputers can be connect to Android by using this application.
Sparkfun - FTDI Basic Breakout
support FTDI chips
Q: Why my phone/tablet(Android 3.1 or upper) is incompatible?
A: Maybe, your phone/tablet does not have a USB Host API feature.
Q: But my phone/tablet supports a USB thumb drive, USB mouse and USB keyboard.
A: It's not a USB Host API. It's a Linux USB Host. Please check to see if your phone/tablet have a USB Host API.
Q: Can I get binary or source code?
A: Yes, It's open source. Please check my github page.
Q: How much max output current is?
A: smartphone type : 150 - 180mA(Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2)
tablet type : 400mA - 500mA? (ICONIA A500, Nexus 7)
Slick USB 2 Serial Terminal allows you to use your tablet with your Prolific or FTDI based USB to Serial adapter and connect to your serial devices.
NO ROOTING is necessary! All you need is this app and a compatible usb to serial cable (majority of cables based off the prolific or ftdi chipset).
This is the non pro version. For extended features, please look for the PRO version in the market.
Try this version first and see if it works with your setup!
This app was created in response to many sys/network admins looking to interface with routers/switches using only their tabs without having to lug their laptops around. This is only one use case. Send an email if you've found a new unique way to use this app.
Interested in integrated usb to serial support in your own app? Check out the website for info on the Slick USB 2 Serial Library.
Please email with issues, comments, ideas. If you like it, please leave a positive rating!
Recently tested to be NOT WORKING on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI (Carrier branded versions should work according to a Samsung Rep) Please email me if you have a setup that is working with this tablet! Thanks!
The application is fully customizable (serial port options, number of lines shown in the screen, log file for saving communication session, custom buttons for most used commands, etc)
1、Support build in Serial port and USB to serial adapter
2、Support various device node ttyS0、ttyS1、ttyUSB0、ttyUSB1、ttySCA0 and so on
3、Support various Baud Rate 9600，19200，38400，57600，115200 and so on
4、Support HEX Code Send，Support Char code Send
5、With the help of SerialTool, you can connect your Android MID to various device , such as serial port printer, MCU MPU system, Modem, PC, NFC module, RFID module, barcode scanner and so on
Correct permission of device node（0666）
Any question,Please contact me : email@example.com
Zigbee Chip TI CC2531(USB-Enabled SOC Solution for 2.4-GHz IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee App) can be used also.
Provides the same functionality and the PC for serial communication terminal
- Supported UART to USB Bridge chip: Silicon Laboratories(CP210X), FTDI(FT232), Prolific(PL2303)
- ARDUINO Support(FTDI, CDC/ACM)
- Supported smart phones: USB host support smart phones (Samsung galaxy2/galaxy 3/galaxy note / galaxy note2/Vega racer R3)
- Supported Android version: Android version 3.1 (API Level 12) or
1. Quick Start
1) Please use the OTG cable to connect the usb device on your smart phone.
2) smart phone detect usb device, and then asks whether to run.
Click OK to run the App.
3) Click the Settings button (wrench icon) of upper right corner in order to set serial communication.
4) Click the Save button.
5) Click the Connect button (phone icon) of upper right corner in order to connect to the device.
2. Main Activity
- ASCII: Print received data as a ascii string.
- HEX: Print received data as a hexadecimal string.
- BIN: Print received data as a binary string.
- Connect Button(Phone icon):, connect to USB device. After connection this icon changed to close icon.
- Settings Button(Wrench icon): Serial communication setting window will open
- Upper(RX) CR, LF: Line separator configuration. process device to local system line separator conversion for received data before print text area
- Modem status buttons: show CTS, DSR, CD, RI pin status
- USB device description: USB device’s description window will open
- Clear received data:: Trash icon, clear all received data in text area
- Received data text area: print received data
- DTR button: control modem DTR status
- RTS button: control modem RTS status
- Lower(TX) CR/LF: Append line separator characters to transfer data
- Transfer(TX) Text input field: Enter the data(string, decimal, hexadecimal, binary) you want to transfer.
Transfer data is entered as a string by default.
Binary data is entered as shown below, you can enter in hex or binary or decimal
Decimal: @ +숫자 3-digit(0~255) ex) CR: @013
Hexadecimal: # + 2-digit hex, ex) CR: #0D
Binary: & + 8-digit binary, ex) CR: &00001101
※ Escape @, #, &: insert twice in succession in order to send @, #, &
ex) @@, ##, &&
- Send Button(Right arrow icon): Transfer input data to USB device
- Macro buttons 1 ~ 7: Set macro(had entered the frequently used data in advance) to transfer text field
- Macro Edit Button(Pencil icon): Macro edit window will open
- Settings: Serial Communication Settings window will open.
- USB Descriptions: USB equipment specification window will open.
- Edit Macro: The macro edit window will open.
- ASCII Code Table: ASCII code table lookup and input window will open.
select ASCII code in order to input ASCII Codes
- Help: Help
4. Other features (view)
- Serial communication settings: Baud rate, Data bits, Parity, Stop bits,
Handshaking Mode setting supported.
Select enable file logging for logging received data in external storage path "[External Storage Root]/USBTerminal/YYMMDD_hhmmss.log".
- Macro edit: edit transfer data macro that frequently used.
Macros can register up to seven.
- ASCII table: ASCII Code table.
ASCII code inserted to text field When you select a code,
and the window is closed, the inserted codes appended to tx text field
Q: Why my smart phone detect usb device?
A: Smartphones make sure it supports the USB Host.
In addition, the Android version 3.1 (API Level 12) from the USB Host support.
Occasionally on the smartphone does not recognize USB devices (eg Galaxy Note 1). Smartphone otg cable to connect to leave only the part that is connected to the equipment by unplugging and re-connect if you recognize that this case is.
This application also comes with a Port Encyclopedia, enabling the user to quickly look up what a certain port's function is. A local database is stored on the phone for defining ports, however there is also an option to look it up online for the most recent information.
For more information, questions, or concerns, leave a comment below or contact me via email.
uConnect Bluetooth & TCP/IP Terminal is the terminal emulator via Bluetooth, WiFi or Ethernet to serial port profile communication. The portable Android devices can connect with the remote Bluetooth devices supporting Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP) or TCP/IP which will exchange data with them bidirectional.
1. Support Bluetooth Serial Port Profile, SPP or TCP/IP network
2. Displays sent and received data
3. Displays log data in ASC II or Hex format
4. Send, Edit or Delete the file from the file manager
5. Save the log data in the internal memory
6. Send the data with CR/LF code
7. Support 7 data bits transmission
1. Bluetooth to RS-232/422/485 adapter
2. WiFi to RS-232/422/485 adapter
Please visit the site: Http://uconnect.com.tw
1. Unlimited quantity of the data flow version.
2. The evaluation version with 3K limitation is on Google Play for free download, please search "uConnect".
3. The APP will be customized the UI or protocol for remote control or data collection applications.
It features a simple, easy to use interface with quick access to many frequently used calculations.
Some of the features of this app include:
Calculating the safe discharge rate of a battery given it's type (Automotive, Deep Cycle, etc)
Calculating the approximate charge remaining in a battery given it's Terminal voltage (as measured by a multimeter).
Calculating the total load on an inverter given the inverter efficiency.
Calculating the battery life given the load on the inverter.
Calculating Amps, Volts, and Watts.
Calculating the approximate time to charge a battery of a given size at a given input current.
Usage Guide for the various input fields:
Amp Hours: Continuous Amp Hours of the Battery.
Battery Type: Different types of batteries have very different characteristics.
Max Safe Discharge: The maximum amount that a battery can be discharged will vary with the battery type.
Usable Amp hours: The total Amp hours that can be safely discharged on this battery.
Terminal Voltage: The Voltage as measured across the battery's terminals with a voltmeter or multimeter.
Charge Remaining: The *Approximate* state of charge of the battery based on the terminal voltage.
Usable Amp Hours Remaining: The usable amp hours remaining in the battery, given the battery type and current charge remaining.
Amps, Volts, Watts: Given two quantities, calculates the third using the formula: Watts = Volts multipled by Amps
Input Amps: Input amps from charging device, such as solar panel or wind turbine.
To Charge: How many Amp Hours to be charged.
Charge Time: The time, in Hours and Minutes, to charge the given amp hours using the given input current.
Load: Total load of all devices to be connected to the Inverter
Inverter Efficiency: The more efficient the inverter, the less energy will be wasted.
Total Watts: The total Wattage drawn from the battery, given the Inverter's Efficiency rating.
Total Amperage: The total current draw from the Battery, given the total wattage, and assuming the battery is 12 Volts.
Load: Total load of all devices to be connected to the Inverter
Remaining Amp Hours: The remaining (usable) Amp hours of the battery.
Hrs/Mins: The total time for the given Amp hours to be discharged while operating at the given load.
The Bluesmirf Bluetooth module is available from Sparkfun.
Source code is available at https://github.com/jeffboody/spp-mirror
Anyone is free to distribute, use and abuse this software as necessary. Enjoy!
Come here to download this tool for your Android mobiles and tablets. It is simple to test and easy to get information here for free. With this tool, we can get a better user experience here. If you want, you can also change event update rate here from fastest, game and UI, normal.
Share with your friends or leave us 5 stars if you like this app. Or you can email us any problem or suggestion.
This free app supports to delay the screen to 1 minute before it turns off automatically. Once you have activated this setting function here, you have to remove device administration before you uninstall it.
A sensor could be a converter that measures a physical quantity and converts it into a signal which might be read by an observer or by an (today mostly electronic) instrument. For example, a mercury-in-glass thermometer may convert the measured temperature into expansion and contraction of a liquid which can be read on a calibrated glass tube. A thermocouple can convert temperature to an output voltage which can be read by a voltmeter. For accuracy, most sensors could be calibrated against known standards.
Sensors might be used in everyday objects such as touch-sensitive elevator buttons (tactile sensor) and lamps which dim or brighten by touching the base. There could be also innumerable applications for sensors of which most people are never aware. Applications may include cars, machines, aerospace, medicine, manufacturing and robotics.
App also calculates final voltage on car audio amplifier and recommended fuse size.
App can also consider voltage drop on power sources (battery and alternator).
App can be very useful for everyone who wants to estimate battery and cable size, needed to support powerful car audio amplifier.
Units can be changed under settings (metric or imperial).
Chariot Gauge brings engine tuning analysis to automotive enthusiasts while eliminating the hassle of expensive physical gauges. The app displays digital and analog readouts of five essential sensors to keep an eye on a naturally aspirated or forced induction engine:
1. Wideband Oxygen
2. 2.5bar Manifold Air Pressure(boost/vac pressure)
3. Oil Pressure
4. Intake Air or Coolant Temp.
5. Volt Meter
Chariot Gauge is widely configurable for different IAT/CLT sensors, Wideband sensors, and Oil Pressure sensors. The MAP sensor is the only sensor soldered directly to the PCB board (MPX4250AP).
The app can display one gauge, two gauges, or all four gauges at the same time (perfect for a tablet).
Once the Chariot Device is installed, the app connects to it via Bluetooth and displays the digital and analog data. More in-depth information is available on the website.
Where it may be used? Let's say you have a device (such as a microcontroller board ARDUINO, etc.) that has a USB or RS232 interface and works with kompyuterom.Vam need to get data from it or control it over a network or the Internet.
It often happens that rewrite the program on the computer to the network is not possible (difficult, there is no "source", etc.) and to alter the controller on the network too often prosto.Vyhod be takoy.K Android via an adapter USB <> COM or directly (if the device has USB) connected devices. On your computer, run this program
HW Virtual Serial Port Single (can be found in the internet) that creates a virtual COM port to the system and redirects the data over the network to Android. Run the program TCP_SerPort on Android. In the VSP program on the computer and specify the IP port (3333) android device.
Run the program that operates the connected equipment on the PC and connect to the virtual COM port created by the program VSP. Everything. We work with the device can be used for seti.Takzhe Android device as a WIFI hotspot and connect to it over WIFI. To work with the device via the Internet to the router perkinut port 3333 on Android device.
A soft-analogue programs wonderful tool LINUX ser2net. There are programs redirectors for the PC, but they are mostly paid on both sides should be computers that are often uncomfortable. There is so much the same "iron" type solutions Tibbo. Plus the use of Android is that small, we immediately have WI_FI and can even organize the processing and data entry.
Redirector can also be used in robotics when android device is on a cart, and rulim removed from a PC or other androida.Dlya this just write TCP client to the server. So it is possible to connect different business equipment (scanners, printers, etc.)
The program Veta versiya.Zamechaniya welcome. Before use, you can check whether you are working on a device adapter USB <> COM TermUSB.Vnimanie my program! If you have a device with Android> = 3.1 and USB HOST and Adaptors USB COM are not necessary to include USB HARDWARE
# Unmount system
mount-o remount, rw / system
# Create a file android.hardware.usb.host.xml in / system / etc / permissions
# Write it
# Open in the / system / etc / permissions file called
# Tablet_core_hardware.xml and add to it
So, I recommend to test the program on a network this utility Hercules Setup UTILITY.
And of course in LINUX NETCAT
More from developer
To run this application you need to install two components. One is the printer server running on your Windows based PC (print4a.exe) which you can download from our Homepage (www.limbsoft.npage.de). This software is absolute free!!
As second component download this app (printer4a.apk) and install on your Android device.