This app is an integral part of the Borders Railway Guide that presents you with a wealth of information and multi-media to accompany you on your journey, whether you are in seat 61 or in your armchair. You can use the app to access up-to-date information about each station area. You can also dig deeper into the story of the Borders Railway by scrolling through galleries of historical pictures and interviews with people involved with the railway.
Opened in September 2015 by Her Majesty the Queen, the Borders Railway is the longest stretch of railway built in the United Kingdom for over 100 years. The line connects Edinburgh, Scotland’s capital city, to the beloved borderlands of Sir Walter Scott. There are ten stations along the route, each the starting point for a different adventure into the historical, natural and cultural heritage of this undiscovered part of Scotland.
Some interesting things to know about the app:
• There are over 15 interviews of people talking about their lives on the line
• We have hundreds of files of media content included
• Some of the historical material has never before been published
• You will find full colour maps of each station area that will show you your location, and can be used even when offline
• We do not collect or store any information from users of the app - private or otherwise
• You can find out where to alight for all of the greatest sights along this historic route
Please note that to activate this app, you need to have purchased the guide book already. Get your copy from http://www.bordersrailwayguide.co.uk, and input the unique code to get started.
Enjoy the journey!