This is the official mobile app for Summit Metro Parks. Features include:
• GPS-enabled directions, downloadable maps, restroom locations and more for all 14 of the district’s parks and the multipurpose Bike & Hike Trail, Freedom Trail and its sections of the Towpath Trail
• Brief descriptions of 40 trails, with filters based on difficulty and distance
• A comprehensive calendar of programs and events
• Click-to-call phone numbers for rangers, the administrative offices, the visitors center at F.A. Seiberling Nature Realm and seasonal information
• Locations of birding “hot spots,” landmarks, fishing areas, sled hills and more
• Information about reservable pavilions and shelters
• Alerts, news, and rules and regulations
• Social media links for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
The application has been developed independently by the author without any relationship with the Ministero dell'Ambiente.
This application has the following features:
* Shows the map of SAC areas / parks of Italy.
* Shows the map of SPA areas / parks of Italy.
* Overlay with Google Maps™ Road or Satellite tiles.
* Zoom, Pan.
* Selection of shapes representing different parks by rectangle and point (just press the selection tool button and select one or more municipalities).
* Grid visualization of alphanumerical data for each park.
* Labels indicating names of areas / parks.
"Natural Parks of Italy" is built with the "ItacaMap for Android", a programming framework that enables Java developers to build rich and high performance GIS applications for Android smartphones and tablets.
ItacaMap is basically composed of a custom WMS/WFS server (OGC WMS 1.1.1 compliant) and a number of client libraries and application for different platforms (e.g.: Android, Silverlight, HTML5, Windows 8, etc.).
More information at the developer web site.
The app contains a map of the nature park. Here you’ll find the stories and trails that you’re interested in. The app works offline, which means no roaming costs will apply to the use.