An atmospheric calculator with a twist!
The only atmospheric calculator that allows the complete and
exact calculation of each of the "1976 standard atmosphere"
28 parameters as a function of each of the other parameters!
Tired of calculating pressure or gravitational acceleration solely out of altitude?
well, now you can enter the desired pressure or gravitational acceleration and get the the atmospheric parameters which correspond to the lowest geopotential altitude. This is done for the entire 7 layers of the atmosphere (altitudes up to 84km / 280kft)
The atmospheric calculator parameters include:
- geometric altitude
- geopotential altitude
- lapse rate
- temperature ratio
- molecular temperature
- kinetic temperature
- mean molecular weight ratio
- mean molecular weight
- pressure ratio
- density ratio
- gravitational acceleration ratio
- gravitational acceleration
- dynamic viscosity ratio
- dynamic viscosity
- kinematic viscosity ratio
- kinematic viscosity
- speed of sound ratio
- speed of sound
- pressure scale height
- number density
- mean air-particle speed
- mean collision frequency
- mean free path
- thermal conductivity ratio
- thermal conductivity coefficient
- mole volume
Each of these parameters is given in metric and english units.
* Extrapolation is allowed(!) and performed for geometric altitudes from zero down to -5km.
* results for geometric altitudes between 80km and 86km are corrected for mean molecular weight ration which is not 1. Note that many 1976 standard atmosphere tables are not corrected according to the mean molecular weight ratio, but they do mention that this correction should be done.
Questions or bug reports?
contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more applications, check out my public profile at:
p.s. network access is for ads.