This is a simple tool that lets you publish your current location to a vanity URL that you create.
We developed this app to help small businesses try out location services without incurring the high costs of deploying GPS devices. It might help you in these situations:
- You do regular deliveries and you want customers to know you are on the way
- You drive a shuttle bus at regular intervals and you want commuters to know where you are
- You have a fleet of vehicles and you want to track the location of your drivers
How it works?
1. Set a relevant URL so that it is easier for people to remember and bookmark your link.
2. Turn on the app (press the red button to turn it green) when you are driving, riding or even walking.
3. With the app running, anyone can view your current location at your URL using a browser.
4. Stop the app (press the green button to turn it red) when you are done and your location is no longer displayed.
You will need to turn on the following settings:
- Mobile 3G/4G, to upload data to the server
- WIFI and GPS, to obtain accurate location coordinates (you need not be connected to any WIFI spot)
*Remember to stop the app or it will continue updating your location in the background, thus consuming network bandwidth and battery.
*To save battery at the expense of accuracy, you can increase the upload interval under settings.
What information do we access?
a. Nickname. A reference displayed in your URL.
b. GPS of your location. It is used to plot a point on the map in your URL.
Drop us a line for any queries or feedback.