Midi Melody for Android is similar in function and appearance to Synthesia, a popular computer program which displays falling notes corresponding to keys played on a piano. Not only does this allow for a pleasant visualization of MIDI files, but also serves as an effective learning tool for those who are incapable of sight reading.
Because tapping the screen of a phone or tablet doesn't offer the learning experience of playing on a real piano, Midi Melody allows you to connect your own digital piano via USB - Play along on your own piano with the falling notes at your own pace! Otherwise, Midi Melody can also play a MIDI file back for you, so you can see which keys to press and when - No need for sheet music!
Enjoy practicing and learning new music in a fun way with your smartphone or tablet, and impress your friends with your newfound ability to play piano!
<> Clean, polished interface.
<> Automatically displays MIDI files in your Download and Music directories.
<> Browse local and external SD card to locate and open MIDI files.
<> Play from a MIDI capable digital piano or Synthesizer via USB (Requires USB OTG capable device)
<> Lengthen or shrink falling note sizes
<> Show notes on the virtual piano keys.
<> Change color of falling notes; left and right hands can be different colors if the MIDI file contains separate tracks.
<> Choose between 128 different instruments.
Please email me if you want to report a bug or problem, have any feature suggestions, or if you are unable to connect your digital piano or synthesizer.
Tags: midi files - usb - keyboard - piano - synthesia android - midi controller
Unlike other Karaoke apps, you already get hundreds of songs when you download and install Midifun.
Midifun is a multimedia application; a collection of MIDIs with lyrics that you can sing-along with.
This app is a guessing game too. You guess the song based on the lyrics displayed or being played. Given with four song choices, get a score for every correct answer. Answer fast to get bonus scores and beat the high score in no time.
MIDI - an acronym for Musical Instrument Digital Interface
You can request for specific/additional songs but please be kind when doing so.
I work full time and is finding time to add features and add more songs to this free app.
Trivia: Requesting specific songs get noticed more compared to when you just give the artist name. :)
Note when recording: If the Android device's microphone is too far from the speaker, the playing music may not be heard on the output. As expected, the music will also not be heard when putting headphones while recording.
Your rate for Midifun means a lot... thanks.
- Synthesia will wait until you hit the correct note in "Melody Practice" mode.
- Perform each hand separately or together.
- Try more than 20 songs in the free version.
- Buy the unlock to play 130 more, along with every other MIDI song ever created.
- Connect your own digital piano and play along.
- Compatible with the lights in most lighted keyboards.
- Optionally show traditional sheet music, in addition to the falling notes.
- Master each section by creating a loop and practicing repeatedly.
- Keep time using the built-in metronome.
- Learn the correct fingers to use from the hints included with every song.
- Choose from more than 100 different instrument sounds.
Midi Sheet Music comes with over 50 classical piano songs, from popular composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin. In addition, MIDI music files are freely available all over the internet. Start learning your favorite songs on the piano today.
* Adjusting the speed of the music
* Muting or hiding tracks
* Display the note letters
* Color coding the notes
* Playing a subset of measures continuously in a loop
* Transposing the notes up or down
* Changing the instruments used for each MIDI track
* Saving the sheet music as images
Midi Sheet Music contains no ads.
The best midi file player in android!
** This is an app for playing ".mid" file.
** You must have at least one ".mid" file to play.
** There are a ton of free midi files on the web by searching keyword "free midi file".
** Thank you for uploading.
IT DOES NOT PLAY SOUND! It's just a roller.
Recommended for larger android tablets. I had to lower the window height to compensate because my tablet considers the menu's as part of window and doesn't let you go over them. So sorry if it isn't "full screen."
MusePad uses a piano roll style grid for displaying notes, and a piano keyboard for input. You enter the notes using the piano and they appear on the note grid. After that, you can delete notes directly on the grid, or add more notes tapping on the grid.
At any time, you can play your song from any starting position. When playing, current note(s) will be lit both on note grid and piano keyboard, following the notes with a smooth scroll movement. You will love to watch the music play!
- Note grid with diatonic / chromatic modes and key signature
- Input notes with the piano keyboard, or placing them directly on the grid
- Polyphonic piano input (in multitouch devices) with 8 octaves, scrollable in small devices
- Unlimited undo / redo for correcting mistakes
- Playback with highlighting of notes in grid and piano
- Full navigation on the note grid, with pan & zoom
- Save and load songs, or export them as MIDI
- Cut / Copy / Paste / Transpose
This is the Lite version of MusePad. After trying it, you may want to purchase the Full version of MusePad, which lets you load and save your songs, and export them as MIDI; and has no ads.
More features will be added in the future. Stay tuned and enjoy MusePad!
MidiDroide Tablet supports independent multi-touch!
This is a lite version: ( 5 tracks, 10 instruments )
- Playback of MIDI files
- Display the percussion track
- MIDI import/export
You may not play MIDI files depending on the model, because this application using MIDI playback capabilities of mobile devices.
My own clever workaround to Android's High Audio Latency (+100ms) truly makes this one-of-a-kind, you won't find another App like it.
Keep in mind this is not a Piano Hero or Rock Band game. Basically, it teaches you to play piano by simply showing WHICH keys to press and WHEN, at your own pace and to your liking, much like any old PC software that does this akin to Linthesia ™ and Synthesia ™. Neat!
~-~-~ Grab MidiRoll on PC for FREE ~-~-~
~-~-~ Try it before you buy it! ~-~-~
~-~-~ http://goo.gl/jve0tK ~-~-~
[~-~ FEATURES ~-~]
• Virtual Piano with Rolling Notes, Beats and Measures
• Variable Speed Playback from 30% to 100%
• Variable Track/Channel Playback
• Variable Track Colors
• Variable Instrument Per-Track Playback - choose from 128 instruments
• A-B Repeat
• Configurable Piano Roll Options
• Intuitive 'Quick-Seek' buttons for easier learning (you'll love em'!)
• Auto-Scans All MIDI Files in Storage with Configurable Exclusions
• Preloaded with Popular Songs (River Flows in You, Fur Elise, etc.)
• MIDI File Type 0 and 1 Support
• .MID & .MIDI File App Association Support
• !FREE! PC Version - try it before you buy it, download here: http://goo.gl/jve0tK
[~-~ PIANO ROLL OPTIONS ~-~]
• Show Note Letters
• Dim Unplayed Note Range
• Always Show Interface
• Play Metronome
• Mute Playback
• Adjust Quick-Seek Beat Jump Amount
[~-~ TECHNOLOGY ~-~]
• Cunning Workaround to Android's High Audio Latency (this is big)
• MIDI Parser for reading, modifying and writing MIDI files
• LIBGDX for UI & Graphics
I developed this over the course of 8 months for my own personal use as I, like many people, cannot read sheet music, BUT can play Piano. I grew weary of lugging my laptop around to Pianos and Keyboards to learn songs and so, MidiRoll was born!
I am an independent developer in college, your support is greatly appreciated!
** I am not superman, but I will do my best to keep the updates and bug fixes rolling in. I have already added a lot of functionality and bug fixes upon request, so suggesting a feature or issue you're having in the comments, on my website or via Email are easy ways to bring them to my attention! **
[~-~ v3.2 CHANGELOG ~-~]
• All MIDI-specific settings are now persisted and stored as preferences: tracks enabled, instruments, colors and playback speed
• Lowered the minimum playback speed from 30% to **10%**
• Playback speed label color now varies by the speed selected
• Brightened the default MIDI track colors to increase contrast against the piano roll background
• **BUG FIX** Midi specific preference files were being scanned in and listed as a broken MIDI file due to a residual .MIDI extension on the preference file. Fixing this will wipe your previous MIDI bookmarks, but it's fixed for good, very sorry about that :'C
[~-~ v3.1 CHANGELOG ~-~]
• Sped up screen transitions
• Fixed an extremely rare crash during transitions
• Adjusted keyboard dimensions to be more proportional to that of a real piano
• Fixed sharps' lit-up key positions
• Fixed some input confusion wonkiness when panning the keyboard
• Fixed an Android bug with A-B repeat causing a de-sync if metronome was on
[~-~ v3.3 FUTURE PLANS ~-~]
• Key Letters on Falling Notes
• ??? - Suggest one!
[~-~ KNOWN ISSUES ~-~]
+ Effects: Reverb + Chorus
+ Chord analysis
+ Additional lyrics view with words arranged in measures, including chord symbols to play along the song
+ Create custom perspectives ( 3-D note views)
+ Play song slices (chords)
+ Export MIDI files to wav audio
+ Export modified MIDI files to new MIDI file (including changed pitch, instruments) or export just a range (loop)
+ Play MIDI files via the built-in synthesizer (soundfont included)
+ Karaoke: *.kar and *. mid files, support for many charsets (cyrillic, greek, arabian, ...)
+ Auto detect voice melody track with the option to mute it automatically
+ Piano keys: scrollable and zoomable
+ USB MIDI In: Plug in your MIDI keyboard and play notes while MIDI file is playing, or send control changes (Channel Volume, Modulation) or program changes
+ Gapless and beat accurate looping due to quantisation feature! Loops are also shiftable while playing !
+ Create markers to quickly navigate to specific file positions - Give a name for each marker, eg. "solo", "reprise"...
+ Transpose the MIDI file (can be stored for each MIDI file! )
+ Tracks control: Mute or solo specific tracks/instruments or assign other instruments!
+ Change the tempo during playback while maintaining relative tempo changes
+ Choose midi notes visualisation: pitch range or instrument/midi channel
+ Various auto scrolling modes and continuous zooming
+ Designed for tablets and smartphones
Any soundfont of file format "sf2" can be used, also compressed soundfonts (wavpack or flac).
The soundfont that ships with this app has a size of ~ 3 MB and offers acceptable sounds.
If you don't like it, load your own favourite soundfont from the sd card!
Just search the internet for "soundfont collections- there are many available for free!
By coloring the notes depending on their pitch the harmonic development, different tonal areas / modulations / key changes become visible at a glance!
Even large MIDI files (eg. a symphony) will be visualized in 2-3 seconds !
Also so called "black midi" files (up to million notes or more) can be played back completely. Only the number of notes to display needs to be limited. You can set this number -> Try how many notes your device can take (e.g. with Nexus 7 up to 400.000 notes)
MIDI file user settings
All loops, markers, instrument/track assignments are stored in a separate settings file. Each time a MIDI file gets loaded it will search for an existing settings file.
Support & Feedback
The "Help & Info" menu inside the app offers a form to submit feedback, ie. ask a question, make a suggestion or report a bug.
Alternatively you can send your concern directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
And finally, if you like this app - RATE IT !
Keywords: Midi, player, Loops, Karaoke
Benefiting from nearly 10 years of development, Lemur is synonymous with multitouch music control. All these major artists can't be wrong: Daft Punk. Björk, Plastikman, CHVRCHES, Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Max Cooper, Barker & Baumecker, Orbital and many more.
Version 5.0 introduces the incredible new Canvas object and the Sequencer family of features with rock solid timing.
Canvas — Canvas is a brand new object that lets you script custom widgets with full multitouch support. The object is adapted from the HTML5 Canvas element, which means you can design widgets featuring complex shapes, animation, shadows, and transparency The Canvas object opens the door to a completely new Lemur experience, where the appearance and behaviour of objects can be designed to precisely match the demands of your project. Polygons, waveforms, circular objects and infinitely more are all possible with Canvas.
Sequencer — Lemur 5.0 introduces a family of new features for tight sequencing. This includes three new objects: StepNote, StepSwitch and StepSlider. Each of these provides a different flavour of sequencing and is ready to use right out of the box. The objects do the hard work for you, simple add them to your template and they are ready to control your MIDI instruments.
Skins — Lemur features three new skins, in addition to the classic look. Choose the look that fits your style and get inspired.
Connectivity — Lemur Android supports OSC and MIDI over Wi-Fi, as well as over USB with 3rd party tethering utilities.
REQUIREMENT (for the Lemur Daemon):
- OS X (Intel only) 10.5+
- Windows (XP SP3 or 7 recommended)
Android is a vast platform and Liine had to choose which devices to support from the very beginning. Lemur is officially supported on Nexus 7 - this means that if you buy it for this device, Liine are committed to getting you up and running. It has also been tested on various Android 4.2+ devices with positive results. The list of officially supported devices will grow in the near future.
You can see a list of all devices users have installed Lemur on the Liine Wiki Docs:
Simply connect your Android device to your laptop and make the connection!
This release contains 3 different "tracks," or sets of composed audio samples, which can be selected through the menu button.
”Great app for being able to quickly lay down an idea or work out an arrangement. Like having a studio in your pocket…”-Terry Murphy, USA
How it works
• Record a base track (i.e. rhythm guitar) with the built-in mic (activate the metronome if you need it)
• Plug a standard headphone, record a solo or vocal track while listening to the rhythm track
• Playback the multitrack recording, use the mixer to adjust levels, pan, apply EQ etc.
• Email the recording directly from your device
• Record/playback unlimited tracks (the max number of tracks depends only on the device capabilities)
• Edit your tracks non-destructively with a variety of editing tools
• Use USB Audio devices *
• Automate track volumes or panning using volume/pan envelopes
• Add effects: Reverb, Echo, Chorus+Flanger, Tremolo, Pitch Shifter, Phaser, Tube-Amp and Compression effects can be added to any track and master channel
• Route your signal to any number of Groups or Aux channels
• Record MIDI tracks with built-in General MIDI synth
• Edit MIDI with the piano-roll editor
• Quantize your MIDI data to a variety of grid settings
• Play using an external USB MIDI keyboard
• Stay on time with the built-in Metronome
• Record 4 or more input channels (on compatible USB Audio devices)
• Record in 24 bit quality (on compatible 24 bit USB Audio devices, built-in Android audio is 16 bits) *
• Apply EQ with Spectrum analyser, Sonogram and Tuner
• Import existing songs and clips in a variety of formats (WAV, AIFF, MP3 or MIDI files)
• Continue working on your projects on other platforms: n-Track is available for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Unlike competing products such as Audio Evolution, n-Track lets you transfer your work to any desktop or mobile device by saving your project in multitrack .sng format
• Mixdown: You can export your song in standard (WAV, AIFF) or compressed format
• Share: You can send your work with a touch of the finger using email or other sharing platforms (such as Dropbox or Soundcloud) that you may have installed on your device
(*) USB Audio is available on compatible Android and USB devices. Please see the USB compatibility chart: http://goo.gl/R7l3Yb
Notes on audio latency
• latency for audio monitoring (i.e. hearing through headphones the n-Track's audio output as well as the instrument input) & live processing is low on Android 4.2 and later and on devices which support audio fast-path (including all Nexus devices)
• with all other devices audio has very high latency, so input monitoring & live processing isn't practical, you should use an external mixer instead
• when using USB Audio* the audio latency can be made so low to be unhearable, much lower than with the Android built-in audio
Audio latency never affects the sync of recorded tracks, may only be a problem for input monitoring & live input processing
n-Track for Android online manual http://ntrack.com/android-multitrack-studio-manual.php
If you are having problems with the app or want to send us your comments contact us at http://ntrack.com/support
✓ WST Grand (a grand piano based on Warren Trachtman's piano samples)
✓ Bright Grand
✓ Legend EPiano
✓ Rhodes EPiano
✓ Honky Tonk Piano
✓ Rock Organ
You can download demo recordings and a trial version from http://www.refined-apps.com/grand-piano
We also offer other music apps. For details, see refined-apps.com.
If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, mail us at email@example.com.
-- Highlights ----------
✓ Low latency audio
Low latency audio is a weak spot of Android (see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3434 ).
Grand Piano provides lowest possible latency on your device.
✓ High quality samples for all contained instruments.
✓ Support for external keyboards and expanders
On devices with USB host support (e.g. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Acer A500, Asus TF101, ...) you can connect an external keyboard or midi expander. You can play Grand Piano from your external keyboard or play an external sound generator from Grand Piano.
✓ Midi file player included
The included midi player works with any standard midi file stored on your android device. You can output the midi events via Midi/USB (if your device supports it; see above)
-- Features --------
✓ Support for lowest latency possible on your android device.
✓ 7 instruments with high quality samples
✓ Midi In&Out via USB on devices that support USB-Host/OTG (e.g. Asus TF101, Acer A500, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, ...) for Standard Midi/USB devices (i.e. devices that do not need a driver on Windows/Mac)
✓ Includes a midi file player
✓ 53 classical midi files included
✓ Up to 512 notes simultaneously
✓ 88 key scrollable keyboard
✓ Settings for the number of displayed keys, optional vibrate on touch, ...
✓ Multitouch only limited by your device
✓ Note Velocity
✓ Sustain, pitch bend etc. via midi
✓ Various reverb settings (no reverb, small church, medium church, cathedral, ...)
✓ Runs on android >= 4.0.3, phones and tablets
✓ No ads
-- Usage Tips / Hardware requirements --------
✓ Needs ca. 41 MB on your sdcard for the samples
✓ Use headphones / external speakers for better sound
✓ For the best sound, the device should have at least a 1GHz single core processor
---- Pro-Features ------------
Grand Piano Pro provides all the features of the Free version plus:
✓ 7 instruments instead of 2
✓ Midi via USB
✓ Midi player
✓ 53 classical midi files
✓ No ads
-- Permissions --------
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to extract the samples onto the sdcard
android.permission.VIBRATE for vibrate on touch support
android.permission.INTERNET to be able to download midi files if selected e.g. in a browser
android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for better audio support (OpenSL)
com.android.email.permission.READ_ATTACHMENT to enable mail apps to forward midi file attaments to this app
com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE to check the license
The Player aim is to reproduce a target fraction by classifying numbers of a grid into blue and red groups.
The fraction will be reckoned as the sum of all blues divided by the sum of all reds. If the produced fraction equals exactly the target one you win.
The speediest you are the best!