You choose where to source your weather data from. Select from NOAA, Weather Underground, World Weather Online or UK MetOffice, so if one provider isn't accurate for your specific location, there are others to choose from.
- 1x1 Widget for Home Screen showing Current Forecast, or most Imminent Warning
- Notifies you when the forecast temperature or current temperature drops below a set level
- Global (pretty much!) forecast data from either World Weather Online or Weather Underground but also NOAA for US and Met Office for UK
- Ability to set the number of days ahead that you wish to check the forecast for
- Configure up to 4 locations to watch
- Configure your own schedule and which notifications to receive
- 14 Day History of Observed Temperature
- Farenheit/Celsius Support
- German & French Language Support
If you have an idea you want to see implemented, have trouble with the app or just want some general help, please contact me via the email at the bottom of this page or on the about screen within the app. I welcome contact from my users and will endeavor to resolve any issues (there is no facility in Google Play for me to help you in response to rating feedback).
Good ratings attract new users which will lead to more features for you! (Market->My Apps->ColdSnap!->My Review / Rate It!)
Who's it for?
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is a must have application for gardeners, allotment holders and anyone else that wants a low maintenance, light weight frost warning system.
I produced the application specifically to warn myself of impending low temperatures having had our permaculture project in 2010 suffer frost damage as a result of a late frost. ColdSnap! is not intended to be a full blown weather app and does not replace your existing weather application or widgets. It is a lightweight application that, once installed and configured, you never need look at again.
Rely on ColdSnap! to check the forecast even when you forget. I use it myself, so you can be sure it’ll continue to be maintained.
ColdSnap! is perfect for all outdoor pursuits, ideal for fair-weather sailors planning a sailing weekend, fair-weather campers planning a camping trip, those with animals, livestock and poultry that need protection from low temperatures.
Protect those precious grape vines! If you're an amateur viticulturist like me, this is a must have app if you need reminding to cover up to save those first shoots of the year!
Farmers, drivers, rail companies, facilities managers, estate managers can all benefit! Having commuted into London for many years, how I wished my rail operator had been forewarned of ice on the track
What's it for?
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm is a simple but effective way to ensure you are notified of low temperatures forecast in your area.
What's it do?
Nothing...until you need it to!
ColdSnap! Frost Alarm will periodically check the weather forecast and produce notifications whenever a low temperature is forecast.
Once the app has been run once, you never need look at it again. You can rely on ColdSnap! to do the checking.
ColdSnap! will even restart automatically if you restart your mobile, so months down the line when you've forgotten to keep an eye on the forecast, rest assured that ColdSnap! hasn't.
A watch face for Android Wear that takes current weather at your location and displays it in (for some) funny way. Hopes it will make you smile even during the worst weather.
Code of the app is open sourced and everybody can contribute to it: https://github.com/tajchert/SWear_Weather
Disclaimer: app contains curses (the "f" word).
Jeep Weather is a simple app used to determine if the weather forecast is good enough to drive with your Jeep top off based on your preferences. Set your preferred weather conditions for temperature, rain, wind and a Jeep with the top off icon is displayed if the weather is within those parameters, a Jeep with the top on icon is displayed otherwise.
- New weather data provider with a more accurate weather forecast
- Touch the daily weather forecast to get a detailed hourly weather forecast
- Select a forecast start and end time to get the forecast for the hours you are actually awake
- Redesigned use interface with scalable images that look much better
- Scales beautifully on both small and large screens
- Fast load time
- Small size
- English and metric weather data selected automatically based on your location
- Location based on GPS, zip code, city/state or city/country (GPS is slow, entering a location is much faster)
Powered by Forecast http://forecast.io
Please email me with any issues or feature requests before giving the app a negative rating.
The Weather app is specifically designed to be as simple and intuitive as possible. With just one click you receive the weather condition in your status bar at your current location.
The climate state is gorgeously animated so that you can almost experience it, seeing how the weather comes alive.
The app is using Weather Underground as a data channel and the live updates are really tiny so that you would not use up your data cap.
- Weather supports geo-positioning, retrieving the latest weather conditions for your current location
- An option to manually add your location
- Full support for Android TV
- Add and track the weather conditions in multiple locations
- Weather is one of the most lightweight weather apps on Google Play!
- Animated weather conditions - see how the weather comes alive!
- Widgets for different locations
- Hourly and weekly forecasts
- Intuitive, seamless user interface
- Support for the lock screen widget in Android 4.2
- Weather benefits all known screen resolutions
- Offers quality support for Android devices - from Android 1.5 to Android 5.0
- Tap on the temperature to switch between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- You can allow and disable the notifications
- Choose by yourself what will be the next feature of Weather! Leave a comment or send us an e-mail and help us make Weather the best app of its kind.
Get in touch with us and follow the latest news regarding our apps:
Also behind the best selling WeatherPro and MeteoEarth apps, MeteoGroup is one of the few private weather companies to operate its own Severe Weather Centres – including the very popular www.severe-weather-centre.co.uk. AlertsPro now brings this online warning service direct to your portable device with coverage of most of Europe and the USA (National Weather Service). The warnings are currently available for Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, the United Kingdom and the USA.
A very clear, colour system lets you know up to 48 hours in advance of any impending, severe weather conditions for a country, town, postcode or even a Point of Interest! GREEN indicates there are no warnings, YELLOW signifies a probable event, ORANGE, RED and PURPLE mean there is definitely severe weather on the way and denote the level of intensity.
• NEW: Get push notifications for free whenever there are alerts
• Accurate, dependable warnings
• Warnings clearly displayed on a map
• Widget which displays the latest warnings for the chosen favourite (if there are no current alerts the general weather conditions will be displayed)
• Unlimited favourite locations and ‘Locate me’ function
• Social media share feature
• Current weather maps with radar and satellite layers
When you need more general weather forecast information, AlertsPro provides a direct link to WeatherPro (assuming it is installed).
The Premium option allows you to choose which alert level you would like to be notified of, for each severe weather condition. You can activate the lightning layer, and animate the radar and satellite maps. When you long press on any coloured area on the warning map, further details of the severe weather for that location will be displayed. The premium version also gives users a better viewing experience by removing all ads! One subscription covers Premium services on AlertsPro, MeteoEarth and WeatherPro.
For further details, please visit: www.alertspro.com.
Find the Local Weather Anywhere.
Plan your next trip and be prepared.
• 8 day forecasts for all locations worldwide
• Rainfall Radar updated every 5 minutes
• Severe Weather Map
• Hourly local forecasts for first two days
• Six-hourly local forecasts for days 3-8
• Save favourite locations
• Social media sharing so you can share radar and forecasts
• Weather Widget
• Probability of precipitation
• Amount and duration of precipitation
• Duration of sunshine
• Wind speed and direction
• Sunrise and sunset
• Location: Get local weather forecast
• Photos / Media / Files: Save Screenshots and weather pics
• Camera: Take a weather photo
• In-app purchases: Weather Radar Premium
• Other: Load weather data
We created the app for you!
That's why we'd love to hear your comments and suggestions. Please email us at:
We look forward to hearing from you.
Your Weather & Radar Team.
This app will help you keep track of the current weather and a 6-day forecast for multiple cities. Similar to the iPhone weather app, you can use the fling gesture to cycle through your favorite locations. You can also get detailed information about the current weather or the forecasts by tapping the screen.
Currently only support English, but will soon be localized to multiple languages, keep checking for updates.
Please leave a comment if you would like any new features.
Long click a free spot on your home screen to add it.
Click widget for preferences and problem reporting.
Having problems? Click the widget, go to the Logs tab, then click the "Report Problem" button. Or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather data graciously provided by http://OpenWeatherMap.org , thanks guys!
Updates every 30 minutes, or when you activate Wifi / cell data. Your local weather station may update less often than that, call them not me if measurements are old.
Source code can be browsed here: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~walles/thermometer/trunk/files
The widget uses the Google Play Services Location APIs to work around Android bug 57707: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=57707
The widget does not track your position.
Simple and fast
Application uses less battery power.
Weather Clock Widget is a replacement lock screen clock widget for Android 4.2+.
To add the widget to your Android 4.2 device's lock screen, simply swipe to the left-most page of your lock screen and touch the "+" icon. Then, select "Weather Clock Widget" to customize and add the widget. You can make this the primary lock screen widget, replacing the default clock, by first touching-and-holding it and then dragging it horizontally to the very rightmost position.
**Before running the application configuration is required.
SETTING: Settings->Location services->GPS satellites enable
To add a widget to a Home screen, follow these steps:
1. Touch and hold any empty section of a Home screen.
2. Touch Widgets.
3. Touch and hold a widget. You’ll see images of each Home screen.
4. Slide the widget to the Home screen image you prefer, then lift your finger.
or Home->Application Menu->Widget
Forecast On/Off: Touch the Weather Image
The new Weather Underground Android app provides the world's most accurate hyper-local weather forecasts in addition to interactive radar, satellite maps and severe weather alerts. Powered by our unique community of weather enthusiasts reporting live data from weather stations in their own backyards, this crowd-sourced data generates forecasts targeted to your precise location.
With severe weather alerts, Weather Underground is your essential app during severe weather events. Our interactive map (WunderMap) displays animated radar and satellite data to track storms, as well as providing specific map presets for tracking hurricanes and wildfires. Customize your experience by dragging and dropping the content modules on the main screen of the app
WHAT MAKES THIS WEATHER APP DIFFERENT TO OTHER APPS?
WE FILL IN THE GAPS
Our 100,000+ personal weather stations report the most localized weather conditions. The data that we collect from our user-owned weather stations fills in the gaps between the airport weather stations that other weather services rely upon to generate forecasts - meaning our data is generated from actual data points in your neighborhood.
INTERACTIVE WEATHER & RADAR MAP
The most interactive weather map (WunderMap) on mobile allows you to select from different weather overlays including current conditions from our personal weather station network, animated radar, satellite, webcams and severe weather. Customize the map by selecting specific data layers or choose from the various map presets such as severe alerts, fire risk, active fires, hurricane and webcams.
- Sky reports let you tell us if the sky conditions we’re reporting are what you're actually observing. If you see something different you can report the conditions you're experiencing for the benefit of other app users.
- Hazard reports allow you to report any hazardous road conditions you experience to help other people in your area.
ABOUT WEATHER UNDERGROUND
Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 30,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- Status notification: instantly view your current temperature and condition on the notification bar
- Current conditions from your local weather station include temperature, feels like temperatures, wind speed & direction, humidity, dew point, visibility, pressure, gusts and moon phase
- 10-day Forecasts including text summary
- Hourly Forecasts including sunrise and sunset
- Historical data
- Interactive Map showing all the personal weather stations in your neighborhood with animated radar, satellite, webcams and much more data
- List view of saved Favorite Locations and Recent Searches
- Crowd reporting feature empowers users to verify our data and send their own Sky Reports and Hazard Reports
- Twitter Integration – share weather data straight onto your Twitter handle and follow the latest weather trends on the Wunderground Twitter Feed
- Snow and Winter Sport reports
- Hazard Reports allow users to share dangerous road conditions in their area
- Share severe alerts with your friends and family
- Purchase ad free subscriptions for $1.99 per year
- New widgets: 1x1 and 2x2!
- Choose Light or Dark mode
- Customize your experience by sliding the weather information up and down
- Switch between Best Forecast™ & NWS Forecast
- Weather commentary from Dr Masters
- National Weather Service Radio
The app includes 14 of the best weather icon sets available, with the ability to add your own icon sets.
Four widgets and an expandable notification are available which are highly customizable.
Also has a DashClock extension.
A pro key is available to remove ads and support development :)
Weather alerts are read aloud for you so you don’t have to stop to read the screen. It’s the power of a NOAA Weather Radio combined with the accuracy of AccuWeather and ABC30 Fresno all in one convenient app! There’s no other app like it.
With the FOLLOW ME feature you’ll stay safe when you’re on the go. ABC30 StormWarn can alert you to severe weather wherever you are -- whether you’re on your daily commute in the Fresno area, or travelling anywhere across the U.S.
ABC30 StormWarn is fully interactive; Zoom down to get a street level view of live conditions. And of course, get current conditions, hourly and long-term forecasts right at your fingertips.
* Follow Me – Activate this feature so that you get weather alerts wherever you are, anywhere in the U.S. No matter where you travel, the app will help keep you safe.
* Set a static location – In addition to the Follow Me feature, you can set three (3) additional locations to receive alerts on. So if you’re on the road, you could still get alerts for what’s threatening your home, or where a loved one lives.
* Audio alerts – Listen to weather alerts just like a NOAA Weather Radio, so you can be informed and keep moving.
* Current Conditions, Hourly Forecasts and 7 Day Forecasts.
* Video forecasts and live weather video (when available).
It's the ultimate storm warn app you've been looking for!
Easily compare the cost of electricity sold in kilowatt hours with the cost of propane sold by the gallon or a variety of other fuel sources with this app.
Also included are ways to make your home more comfortable and healthy with energy savings tips.
Each damaged item is entered as a "Detail" organized under a "Disaster." You start by adding a "Disaster." Then you add "Details" to that "Disaster" to document your losses.
You can enter text, add photos using your camera or gallery, and add audio using your sound recorder of choosing from saved audio files.
DRJ also provides NDSU Extension Service information on how to clean or deal with flood-damaged appliances and electronics; carpets and floors; clothing and fabrics; food; furniture; gardens and landscapes; home structures; household items; mold; papers, books and photos; and water.