★ Fast anagram solver
★ Two word anagram solver
★ Sub-Anagrams, find words within words
★ Supergrams, find bigger words that hold your anagram
★ Search over 130,000 words
★ Look up word definitions
★ Share results with friends
★ Modern design for ease of use
★ No network connection required, works offline
Ideal companion for TV shows like Countdown, enter the 9 letters to find all of the 9,8,7, and 6 letter words.
★ Massive built-in list of 285,000 words
★ Look up word definitions
★ Powerful crossword and anagram searches
★ Simple and quick to use
★ FREE! No in app purchases
Find those last few pesky crossword clues, enter the letters you have to find the words that fit, touch a word to look up its meaning on your browser. Read the many reviews below to see this is the only crossword helper you need.
Built in anagram solver with seven different search types to help with those sneaky cryptic crossword clues. Improve your Scrabble score and play along with TV shows such as Countdown. A great companion for puzzles such as Wordwheel and Codeword.
TWO WORD ANAGRAMS
For fun try searching for 'manchester united' or 'george bush' to get hilarious results. Enter your name or your friends and share the results with them.
The built-in dictionary is extremely fast and requires no network connection which means your crossword will be complete in no time.
It has many advantages compared to similar applications:
1) Contains many thousands of Proper Nouns, including full names, professions, nationality, date of birth and death for about 65,000 famous people & deities and around 24,000 places, i.e. countries, cities, rivers, mountains etc. It also knows the names and dates of 65,000 popular movies, books, songs and albums. These proper nouns are essential for solving general knowledge clues, which can make up to 20-25% of crossword clues. These clues are the type that you either know them or you don't, i.e. difficult to just guess, so if you do not know a particular person you are usually stuck.
2) Provides filters to reduce the list of possible answers. This is essential when only a few letters are known. E.g. you can filter out rarely used words.
3) Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 24 languages are currently available (see below).
4) Contains 5 different modes for help solving Crosswords, Anagrams, Synonyms, Codeword, and Cryptic Crosswords. Codeword mode allows the user to specify which letters are already known (and hence not considered for the unknown letters), and which unknown letters are the same (i.e have the same Codeword number). Cryptic mode contains extra help with many examples.
5) Solves "two word" answers. This is very useful in combination with first and last names of famous people. It also finds "two word" anagrams.
6) View answers in multiple columns. Optimized use of screen space. Takes full advantage of size of tablet.
7) Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
8) The dictionary also contains some foreign language words. These are often found in some crosswords. Foreign words are English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Latin.
9) Contains about 150,000 synonyms, using the built-in thesaurus, to help find the solution from the clue.
All of these features are available without an internet connection, and are rarely found in similar applications.
Other functionality includes:
- Lightning fast search engine. No search button needed as possible matches are displayed instantly as you type.
- Comprehensive list of 300,000+ normal words, split into common and rare lists to help you find the right match.
- View detailed word definition of the possible answers (internet connection required). The app transforms the Wiktionary page, in order to be easily viewed on small screens.
- Link to the wiki page for famous people and places (internet connection required).
- App can be downloaded onto an SD card.
Dictionaries available are English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later.
The 9th Annual Tourism and Hospitality Research in Ireland Conference (THRIC) will take place in Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June, 2013.
Courtesy of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Ireland.