★ Fast anagram solver
★ Two word anagram solver
★ Sub-Anagrams, find words within words
★ Search over 130,000 words
★ Look up word definitions
★ Share results with friends
★ Modern design for ease of use
★ No network connection required, works offline
Ideal companion for TV shows like Countdown, enter the 9 letters to find all of the 9,8,7,6,5 and 4 letter words.
The built-in dictionary is extremely fast and requires no network connection which means your crossword will be complete in no time.
★ Super fast search of over 285,000 words
★ Find words with missing letters
★ Find anagrams and words within words
★ Two word anagram look up
★ Wildcard searches
★ Tip box for quick help
Use CleverDic to solve the puzzles below
A shady solar event (7)
Enter dots for the missing letters: .C..P..
IS NO MEAL
Manchester United = MECHANISED NUTTER
Try your own name!
Enter SUPER# to find supercalifragilisticexpialidocius
It has many advantages compared to similar applications:
1) Contains many thousands of Proper Nouns, including full names, professions, nationality, date of birth and death for about 65,000 famous people & deities and around 24,000 places, i.e. countries, cities, rivers, mountains etc. It also knows the names and dates of 65,000 popular movies, books, songs and albums. These proper nouns are essential for solving general knowledge clues, which can make up to 20-25% of crossword clues. These clues are the type that you either know them or you don't, i.e. difficult to just guess, so if you do not know a particular person you are usually stuck.
2) Provides filters to reduce the list of possible answers. This is essential when only a few letters are known. E.g. you can filter out rarely used words.
3) Choose the language of the word list, from a large range of downloadable dictionaries. 24 languages are currently available (see below).
4) Contains 5 different modes for help solving Crosswords, Anagrams, Synonyms, Codeword, and Cryptic Crosswords. Codeword mode allows the user to specify which letters are already known (and hence not considered for the unknown letters), and which unknown letters are the same (i.e have the same Codeword number). Cryptic mode contains extra help with many examples.
5) Solves "two word" answers. This is very useful in combination with first and last names of famous people. It also finds "two word" anagrams.
6) View answers in multiple columns. Optimized use of screen space. Takes full advantage of size of tablet.
7) Can be played in portrait or landscape mode. Just rotate your device and the display adjusts automatically.
8) The dictionary also contains some foreign language words. These are often found in some crosswords. Foreign words are English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Latin.
9) Contains about 150,000 synonyms, using the built-in thesaurus, to help find the solution from the clue.
All of these features are available without an internet connection, and are rarely found in similar applications.
Other functionality includes:
- Lightning fast search engine. No search button needed as possible matches are displayed instantly as you type.
- Comprehensive list of 300,000+ normal words, split into common and rare lists to help you find the right match.
- View detailed word definition of the possible answers (internet connection required). The app transforms the Wiktionary page, in order to be easily viewed on small screens.
- Link to the wiki page for famous people and places (internet connection required).
- App can be downloaded onto an SD card.
Dictionaries available are English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Indonesian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Serbian(Latin), Serbian(Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian and more coming later.
Say you know a word and want the meaning, you go to a dictionary. If you have a word and want words that mean that word then you use a thesaurus. However if you have a meaning and want to find a word, that's where Revictionary comes into the picture.
- brand new material design
- smaller apk
- cleaner user interface
- share your favorite words
- app requires internet access
Features - reverse dictionary, anagram solver, crossword solver, hear word pronunciations
- new CROSSWORD solver. type in a crossword puzzle and get possible solutions
- type in phrases, words, feelings, meanings or just about anything that comes into your mind and find a word to express it.
- maintain a list of favorite words and access them at any time.
- simple DICTIONARY feature. Simply type a word and get its meaning.
- new RHYME feature included, simply type in a word and get a list of words that rhyme that word along with their meanings.
- new ANAGRAM solver. Simply enter a word and get a list of anagrams of the word along with their meanings.
featuring a larger database of words, now using the WordNet database, cited below as
Princeton University "About WordNet." WordNet. Princeton University. 2010. <http://wordnet.princeton.edu>.
now consisting of more than 100000 English words and all offline so internet access is not required.
latest - v1.20
Dictionary + is your free English dictionary and thesaurus right on Android device. This offline dictionary/ thesaurus offers you the meaning of English words along with their synonyms, antonyms, usage examples, spelling suggestions and more! All these features make Dictionary+ a handy tool for quick reference, looking up definitions, spellings, similar and related words and help you enhance your English vocabulary.
• Extremely fast, simple and easy to use
• More than 147000 words
• This Dictionary/ thesaurus works without an internet connection (offline)
• Use this thesaurus to look up synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms (les specific), hyponyms (more specific), meronyms (part of) & more!
• Example sentences to help you understand the contextual meaning of a particular word
• An intelligent word entry which suggests possible words and correct spellings as you type
• Use the ? wildcard for any character or * for a group of characters in the search
• Lookup the Wikipedia page for a word and search for related Wikipedia articles for words right from the app.
• Save your most used or interesting new words as bookmarks
• Keep track of the most recent words that you’ve looked up in the current session, with the recent history option
• Based on the Princeton University WordNet Project.
Whether you’re a writer, teacher, student or just someone with a passion for the English language, this free offline Dictionary app is a pocket thesaurus you would love to own! Get this free offline English Dictionary and thesaurus now and learn new words, definitions and spellings on-the-go!
This free offline English dictionary and thesaurus has more than 147000 words with their synonyms, antonyms, definitions and more. This English dictionary and thesaurus is a great tool for reference, education, and vocabulary building.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing other possible words. Keep track of the most recent words that you’ve looked up in the current session, with the recent history option. Just click on the left or right arrows and the dictionary definition for your previously searched words are shown.
Learn new words, spellings, definitions and improve your English vocabulary with this offline free English Dictionary and thesaurus. The Wikipedia integration makes it easy to look up detailed definitions and information about any particular English word or phrase. You can also keep track of your favorite words or new interesting words by bookmarking them.
Now you don’t have to carry a pocket Dictionary or open your internet browser every time you need a synonym for an English word. Just open up this free offline Dictionary & thesaurus and look up synonyms, antonyms, definitions and more anytime, anywhere.
User reviews on Dictionary +:
“Worth the money, really detailed and a wide ranged vocabulary. Great work.”
The 9th Annual Tourism and Hospitality Research in Ireland Conference (THRIC) will take place in Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology on Thursday 6th and Friday 7th June, 2013.
Courtesy of Ahmadiyya Muslim Community Ireland.