Competitive puzzle game with hand-crafted levels and randomly generated shareable levels. Compete with your friend and see who gets the optimal run first.
You can also play the game in your web browser: http://wandstep.8dromeda.net/intro
--- History ---
I made an entry to the Ludum Dare 31 competition called “Wandstep”. It was quite rough, but had interesting game mechanics and a usable visual theme.
Regardless of the roughness and fairly bad final scores in LD31, a local gamedev guy competed with me in a number of randomly generated levels in Wandstep. It was pretty fun – the challenging flavour of fun – so I decided to give it a go and polish this thing for a few weeks.
Granted, it’s not an AAA game, but if this sounded interesting to you, give it a go!
If you have any feedback, let me know!
--- Exact game mechanics (nah, just go play it) ---
* Your goal is to remove all the fungus from the level with a minimal number of moves.
* There are three attacks, each of which charge up individually based on the character's movement. The attack occurs from the player's previous position.
* The attacks trigger instantly when they get charged up. The trigger charge depends on how many mushrooms there are on the level. You probably should first clear them out as quickly as possible.
* The attack charged by turning back destroys tiles in a 1-tile wide beam on both sides of the player. This attack destroys stone walls.
* The attacks charged by turning left or right are as wide as how much there is empty space next to the player. These attacks do not destroy stone walls.