The low FODMAP diet app has been developed in partnership with medical experts and dietitians from Kings College and Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. The app enables you to search for suitable packaged UK foods when following the low FODMAP diet.
Dietary triggers are difficult to identify but research has shown that some carbohydrates (FODMAPs) may contribute to irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Restricting FODMAP intake has been shown to improve these symptoms caused by ibs food intolerances but this may not apply to everyone. The low FODMAP diet has been shown to be effective in managing IBS symptoms in up to 70% of people.
Using the app you will be able to manage all three stages of the low fodmap ibs diet to create a FODMAP plan, search and scan barcodes to find FODMAP friendly foods. Improve your chances of successfully following the low FODMAP diet and then re-introducing foods to understand the ingredients that are triggering your symptoms.
• Scan barcodes to check FODMAP friendly foods
• Search quickly and easily for everyday FODAMP diet foods
• Share your re-introduction charts with your clinician/dietitian
• Quick FODMAP food check and guidance on portion sizes
• Regularly updated tips & tricks from the dietitian
• Create your own personalised FODMAP profile
• At each stage track and record your symptoms
• Full product ingredient and nutrition facts from food label
• Create your own personalised shopping lists
The app should be used in consultation with a healthcare professional.
UPDATE: Due to popular demand from our members, we have changed this app from the original yearly-recurring subscription of £3.99 to now only a one-time payment of £3.99.
With this change we no longer offer the option for users to have a trial period before purchasing the app.
If you had previously paid for a yearly subscription, please be sure to cancel your subscription from Google Play in order to avoid further charges.
Instructions to cancel your app subscription can be found here:
• Due to the highly personalised nature of using this app you are required to create a user account in order to use the search filters, try a food challenge or custom filters during the trial period.
• Cancellation of the current subscription is not allowed during any active subscription period.
• Terms apply see http://www.foodmaestro.me/terms
WARNING: This application and the information that it contains do NOT constitute medical advice and should NOT serve as the basis for any medical decision by you or anyone else. Please consult with your doctor or dietitian should you have questions regarding information on any product identified as suitable by this application. We always recommend you read the product label before consuming any product.