vmwPAD is the client application designed for the remote monitoring and management of VMware vSphere® infrastructure from Android devices.
- All actual vCenter Server/ESX(i) versions supported: 6.x, 5.x, 4.x, 3.x.
- Faster and more usable than the web-based clients.
- Does not require any additional software like vSphere plugins, agents, proxies etc.; connects directly to vCenter/ESX(i).
- Does not require any accounts, subscriptions and registering.
- Usable and intuitive interface with split and pager view layout options.
- Ability to connect to several vCenters/ESX(i)s at the same time.
- Real time monitoring of vSphere Inventory state and activities.
- All of the basic management operations for VMs, hosts, vApps etc. supported.
- Alarms monitor.
- Recent tasks monitor.
- VM snapshot manager.
- VM device manager.
- VM migration; both VMotion™ and VM relocation (change host and/or datastore) supported.
- VM console for vSphere 6.0 and higher supported (vSphere 5.5 Update 2 VM console support possible but not guaranteed).
- Realtime performance charts.
- Inventory search.
- Data store mount browsing over SSH protocol.
- Once-only payment.
•Follow the product blog here https://communities.vmware.com/blogs/vmwpad
If you have free VMware vSphere lincense installed on ESXi/vCenter certain number of vSphere control features like power on/off, reboot etc. may not work for some ESXi/vCenter versions. This restriction is the official policy of VMware regarding all 3rd party vSphere clients.
Those who get “License Check Error” on app startup please check the following:
1. You are trying to launch the app being logged in to the same Google account used to purchase the app.
2. You have stable Internet connection - this is required only on first app startup.
3. You have recent version of Google Play™ app installed.
vmwPAD browses datastore mounts on ESX(i) over SSH protocol (the desktop client does it over HTTPS under root account), hence you have to be sure that the SSH server is running on ESX(i) and your account is granted with corresponding permissions for the datastore file operations.
If you have any technical problems please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting your troubles in the product reviews will not help us to investigate and fix them shortly.
™ vmwPAD is a trademark of Freeroam.me
™ Android, Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc.
® VMware, VMware vSphere, vCenter Server, VMotion, ESX and ESXi are trademarks or registered trademarks of VMware, Inc.