-- One of “10 Great Apps for Android Tablets” (9/2012) – Mashable
-- First Aid By American Red Cross is a fix for what ails you.” - Appolicious
-- One of the 50 Best Apps for Parents of 2012 – Babble.com
-- First Aid American Red Cross App Should be Installed on Every Phone – Android Police
-- One of “8 Ways Your Phone Doubles as a Wilderness Survival Tool” (7/2012) – Mashable
-- One of “10 apps that can save your life during a natural disaster” – ComplexTech
-- One of “10 Online Resources to Prepare for the Mayan Apocalypse” – Mashable
Accidents happen. The official American Red Cross First Aid app puts expert advice for everyday emergencies in your hand. Get the app and be prepared for what life brings. With videos, interactive quizzes and simple step-by-step advice it’s never been easier to know first aid.
Ahora disponible en español.
· Easy to use Spanish language toggle to switch translation directly inside the app.
· HEAT STROKE AND RELATED CONTENT NOW INCLUDED IN LEARN AND EMERGENCY TABS
· Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
· Fully integrated with 9-1-1 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
· Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
· Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
· Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
The information is all hosted on the app itself, meaning no internet connection is needed, making it fast and easy to access. Best of all, it’s free. Get this essential app on your smartphone now.
Simple, easy-to-understand advice and frequently asked questions on 18 everyday first aid scenarios. Videos, step-by-step instructions and animations make it fun and easy to pick up.
Get expert tips on how to prepare for some of the most common emergency situations, from severe winter weather to road traffic accidents. Includes checklists on how to prepare and tips on what to do during.
Your personal panic button, this instantly accessible, step-by-step section gives you just enough information to know what to do in emergency first aid situations.
Find out how much you’ve learned by taking interactive quizzes. Earn achievement badges and share them with your friends on Twitter and Facebook to show off your life-saving knowledge.
Find out more about the life-saving work of the British Red Cross, including volunteering opportunities, latest news and information on in-depth first aid courses.
Download this essential app today.
* Note that while emergency numbers throughout the app are for UK users, the information in this app will be useful to anyone, anywhere in the world.
The app is ad-free and spam free.
This app requires an SD card with 40MB of free space, and it’ll work on Android 2.2 or upwards.
This app includes the latest first aid advice and protocols for dealing with emergency situations. It is simple to follow with illustrated guides and voiced instructions.
The app doesn’t replace the benefits of learning first aid on a St John Ambulance course, nor is it as in depth as a full first aid manual. But when there is an emergency, it will help you to know what to do to in those few crucial moments when basic knowledge of first aid can make the difference.
Nothing is more tragic than a life lost needlessly. You can be the difference between life and death.
Please note: The first aid advice is based solely upon UK protocols. Both the UK and European emergency service numbers are provided.
This application First Aid Kit is for creating awareness for the people who stuck with accidents and other common medical difficulties like Asthma, Unconsciousness, diabetics, Snake Bites, Road Accident, Burns, Fracture, Heart attack, Poisoning, Eye Injuries.
The CPR videos that incorporate the latest guidelines issued by the American Heart Association (Oct 2010). The most prominent change is from A-B-C (airway, breathing, chest compressions) to C-A-B (chest compressions first, then airway and breathing).
From the AHA Executive Summary (http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/122/18_suppl_3/S640): "The newest development in the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC is a change in the basic life support (BLS) sequence of steps from "A-B-C" (Airway, Breathing, Chest compressions) to "C-A-B" (Chest compressions, Airway, Breathing) for adults and pediatric patients (children and infants, excluding newly borns). Although the experts agreed that it is important to reduce time to first chest compressions, they were aware that a change in something as established as the A-B-C sequence would require re-education of everyone who has ever learned CPR."
Be sure to maintain proper training as there are other important changes to the guidelines in addition to C-A-B.
This First Aid manual, which is published by the U.S. Army, meets the emergency medical training needs of individual soldiers. Because medical personnel will not always be readily available, the nonmedical soldiers will have to rely heavily on their own skills and knowledge of life-sustaining methods to survive on the integrated battlefield. This manual also addresses first aid measures for other life- threatening situations. It outlines both self-treatment (self-aid) and aid to other soldiers (buddy aid). More importantly, this manual emphasizes prompt and effective action in sustaining life and preventing or minimizing further suffering. First aid is the emergency care given to the sick, injured, or wounded before being treated by medical personnel.
*** This application is completely based on the United States Army First Aid Field Manual FM 21-11. ***
- Both Portrait and Landscape modes are supported. Landscape mode is preferred for better reading experience.
- Zooming is supported in order to see the text/images better.
List of Contents
- CHAPTER 1. Fundamental Criteria for First Aid
Section I. EVALUATE CASUALTY
Section II. UNDERSTAND VITAL BODY FUNCTIONS
- CHAPTER 2. Basic Measures for First Aid
Section I. OPEN THE AIRWAY AND RESTORE BREATHING
Section II. STOP THE BLEEDING AND PROTECT THE WOUND
Section III. CHECK AND TREAT FOR SHOCK
- CHAPTER 3. First Aid for Special Wounds
Section I. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR HEAD INJURIES
Section II. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR FACE AND NECK INJURIES
Section III. GIVE PROPER FIRST AID FOR CHEST AND ABDOMINAL WOUNDS AND BURN INJURIES
Section IV. APPLY PROPER BANDAGES TO UPPER AND LOWER EXTREMITIES
- CHAPTER 4. First Aid for Fractures
- CHAPTER 5. First Aid for Climatic Injury
- CHAPTER 6. First Aid for Bites and Stings
- CHAPTER 7. First Aid in Toxic Environments
Section I. INDIVIDUAL PROTECTION AND FIRST AID EQUIPMENT FOR TOXIC SUBSTANCES
Section II. CHEMICAL-BIOLOGICAL AGENTS
Section III. NERVE AGENTS
Section IV. OTHER AGENTS
- CHAPTER 8. First Aid for Psychological Reactions
- APPENDIX A. First Aid Case and Kits, Dressings, and Bandages
- APPENDIX B. Rescue and Transportation Procedures
- APPENDIX C. Common Problems/Conditions
Section I. HEALTH MAINTENANCE
Section II. FIRST AID FOR COMMON PROBLEMS
- APPENDIX E. Digital Pressure
- APPENDIX F. Decontamination Procedures
- APPENDIX G. Skill Level 1 Tasks
¤¤ Offline Access ¤¤
No signal bars? No Internet? No problem, this app will always be ready when you need it. Our guide runs local on your phone, so you will always have a super fast local reference to DOZENS of medical emergencies to help you handle almost ANY emergency quickly, correctly and safely - whenever and wherever you need it.
¤¤ Trusted ¤¤
With in-house medical staff, close cooperation with American Heart Association and Red Cross and millions of hard-copy guides in print, we've been delivering concise, accurate and effective First Aid content for over 30 years! This guide is now also recommended by American CPR Training™ & also recommended by FirstAidMart.com!
¤¤ Only the Content You Need ¤¤
Unlike other guides that are incomplete, hard to read, run only through a web site or, just plain overload us with far too much information on obscure injuries and ailments, this guide is focussed on one thing only: ensuring you can deal with common emergencies quickly, safely and effectively.
¤¤ Emergency Medical Services ¤¤
This guide is not meant to replace EMS personnel but will certainly enable you to help victims until professional help arrives on the scene.
• Emergencies: What to Do
• Fear and Panic
• Choking - Adult
• Choking - Child
• Choking - Infant
• CPR - Unresponsive Adult
• CPR - Unresponsive Child
• CPR - Unresponsive Infant
• Airway / Breathing / Rescue breaths
• Defibrillators / AED
• CPR Summary
• Bleeding, Bruises, Internal Bleeding
• Heart Attack / Stroke
• Asthma Attack
• Burns – First, Second & Third Degree
• Burns – Electrical
• Burns – Chemical
• Shock – Anaphylactic (Allergies)
• Fractures & Sprains
• Back/Neck Injuries
• Head Injuries / Concussion
• Achilles Tendinitis / Ruptures
• Calling Poison Control
• Eyes Injuries
• Convulsions / Seizures
• Diabetic Emergencies
• Heat Cramp
• Heat Exhaustion / Stroke
• Cold Emergencies
• Bites & Stings - Insects / Bees
• Bites & Stings - Spider / Marine
• Bites & Stings - Snake / Animal
• Fever / Body Temperatures / Chart
• Dental Injuries
• Emergency Births
• Emergency Births - What to Do
• Emergency Births - Delivery
• Emergency Births - After Birth
• Crash Scene Procedures
• Crush Injuiries
• Knife Wounds
• Gunshot Wounds
• First Aid Kit - Essential Items
• International Emergency Dialler
• Making Emergency Calls Overseas
• Overseas Travel Tips
• CPR Clock
• Buy Medical Products at a Discount
• Safety Video Channel
Like all our 'phoneflips', this lightweight reference guide has NO Adverts, NO In-App Purchases, never needs an internet connection and won't take up much space on your iPhone or iPad. Portrait & Landscape mode supported.
¤¤ Warranty ¤¤
This app requests certain permissions to install. Please note this app WILL NEVER access private data, make a phone call, send a message or access any internet site without first asking your permission to do so.
¤¤ SD Card Support ¤¤
Copy your app to your SD Card with App2SD
¤¤ License ¤¤
This app is licensed to run only on one device. Google licensing will always complain if you try to run the app on more than 1 device. Google will verify your licence the first time you run the app. Google licensing happens once-off only.
There are many programs to learn basic first aid taught by schools, Fire Departments, hospitals, and community organizations that are a great tool for everyone.
First Aid is usually administered under the premise of immediate care for an illness or injury. Members of the general public are taught to administer this care until the arrival of qualified medical personnel at the scene of a medical emergency.
While external first aid training courses have their supporters, there are strong arguments in support of managed on-site first aid training, because it can be tailored to suit the industry, location and the First Aider student.
Alsco Training (Alscotraining.com.au) says on-site trainers can assess the likely skills needed by the First Aider trainee. This assessment can lead to more job or site-specific training because of the increased risk of, for example, industrial accidents.
The on-site trainer also can inspect first aid kits and ensure there are enough kits for the number of employees at the facility and that their contents are appropriate for the business.
But regardless of where and how first aid training is provided, it is important to understand that not all courses are the same.
Information provided by leading educators and doctors at the University of Washington and the American Heart Association. The interface is very simple allowing for fast clicks of emergency type.
Don't waste time with videos. Each second counts...
Basic First Aid ** FREE **
Do YOU remember what you were taught back in the day about first aid? Any ideal what to do in a medical first ad emergency?
Do you have the essentials knowledge of first aid for you and your family? How prepared are you?
With this guide by your side, you and your family will learn the basics of first aid and how important to have at the minim a basic knowledge. In other words, this guide could be a lifesaver.
Inside you'll find steps to an affordable food storage program plus how to:
·Prepare a First Aid Kit
·Care of Cuts and Scraps
·Care for Burns and how to Prevent Burns
·What to do for a Poisoning
·And many more invaluable hints and tips
Grab the FREE First Aid App Today!
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
Basic techniques for saving someones life:.
- Use wizard if you are not sure with which injury you are dealing with
- There is a hyperlink for all emergency services
- The basic things that you need to know about disasters and how to prepare for them
- Information about first aid lessons for future drivers
- Information about organization of Red Cross
The application support both cyrillic and latin alphabet, which can be selected in the menu.
This version teaches Hands-only CPR skills according to the latest American Heart Association and European Resuscitation Council CPR and ILCOR Guidelines as published on October 18, 2010.
The app includes an introduction video to show the proper use of the app and Hands-only CPR skills, as well as excellent voice prompting throughout the app to improve the skill of the rescuer.
BHF Pocket CPR is a must-have app for anyone who wants to learn how to perform CPR with accuracy. The PocketCPR app can be used in CPR training programs and for individual practice at home or at work. It is a great tool for families to learn CPR in order to be prepared if a loved one needs their help.
• Actively utilizes the accelerometer hardware in the phone for real-time coaching and actual feedback on CPR while you are learning and practicing.
• Measures the actual rate and depth of your compressions and lets you know if you need to push faster or slower, and whether you should push harder or softer.
Other CPR prompting devices can provide instructions on CPR or encourage you on the steps and pace of CPR, but ONLY PocketCPR can:
1. Give instructions.
2. Prompt on the steps for proper Hands-only CPR.
3. AND give you REAL-TIME feedback on the chest compressions you deliver.
PocketCPR will remind you to Call for Help, to Check Responsiveness, and to perform Hands-only CPR at the correct rate and depth. The device algorithms are in complete compliance with American Heart Association and International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) guidelines.
Pocket CPR features include:
• Clear visual and audio step-by-step instructions on Hands-only CPR performance, including initial steps for the Chain of Survival.
• Precise metronome to pace chest compressions.
• Accurate ability to detect rate of actual compressions and to state visually and audibly whether to push faster or to push slower.
• Industry-proven technology to detect the depth of chest compressions.
• Audio and visual prompts to push harder or to push softer.
• Feature to detect when chest compressions have stopped and to prompt user to START CPR.
• Complete Instructions for Use.
• Ability to capture and email CPR compression data and accelerometer data allowing the user to record the quality of the CPR chest compression training.
First Aid is the primarily help given to an injured or a sick person before professional medical treatment can be provided. This timely assistance, comprising of simple medical techniques, is most critical to the victims and is, often, life saving.
This Kit is designed to help people when they are in serious trouble and they need some medical treatment. This app will act as a mini doctor. This app contains two main category “Medindia” and “HomeVeda”. Both categories contains huge collection of different domestic and Medical tips when you need emergency treatment.
This is ad supported version to help developers. We have put banner and wall ads. Ads will not disturb you at all. If you don’t like ads please don’t download this app. Support developer with your positive feed back and ratings, so we can produce you more good quality Apps for Free.
aid,first aid,kit,help,medicine,medindia,homeveda,home, totke,Care Emergency procedure instruction
Pet Info section coming soon!