The application does not use the USB Host API, so it can also run on older, 2.x devices. Because of that however almost all functionality (except for the listing of USB devices) requires root (superuser) access, and a recent version of busybox installed!
The application needs a device that has USB Host (or USB OTG) functionality. Most modern high-end devices have this ability. Check the documentation and specification of your device (this functionality is usually called USB OTG or USB Host)
If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:
- S5PC210 (Hummingbird) based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
- QSD8250 (Snapdragon) based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)
You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
- Hummingbird / Samsung phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
- Snapdragon / HTC phones: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/
Note that these drivers might require skills to install, and may damage your phone and void your warranty!
More info about this application at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468531
Frustrated by the lack of mass usb storage mounting in your android device? Well look no further. Now you can. You'll now recieve standard android notifications when you connect your device via usb. Mount and unmount with ease.
And as an added feature now you can automatically mount your sd card. Just plug your device in and up comes the file window on your computer. (this feature can come in handy for any rooted device)
---- ATTENTION ----
This will only work on rooted devices and requires a kernel that has the ums enabled. For Xoom users this means a kernel like Tiamat <= 1.40) For other rooted devices enjoy automount.
IF IT DOES NOT WORK ON YOUR DEVICE, PLEASE DO NOT RATE
It is not supposed to work on every device. If it does not work, please report (with log) here -> http://goo.gl/h6JTN
☆ See list of confirmed working devices: http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/confirmed-devices/
▌ IMPORTANT - ROOTED devices ONLY!!
What is rooting? Read here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting
▌ "USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated USB OTG, is a specification that allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices like a USB flash drive, mouse, or keyboard to be attached to them." - Wikipedia
▌Features [ Open Menu -> Settings to enable or disable. ]:
• Automatically start app on device connect [ See FAQ below ]
• Automatic mount [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ ]
• Mount and Unmount drive with a single click
• Full NTFS support! (FAT, Ext2/3/4 also if kernel supports)
• exFAT support! [ See FAQ to enable ]
• Notification when drives mounted!
• Load modules required automatically (from /system/lib/modules)
• Option to enable utf-8 mode (if kernel support)
• Automatically open the mounted drive [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ ]
• Media scanner triggered on mount [Active media scan in Donate version]
• One click debugging [ Donate version ] [ See FAQ below ]
• No Ads!
▌What phones are supported?
☆ Confirmed: http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/confirmed-devices/
Any phone in which kernel supports USB Mass storage (stock OR custom kernels OR with appropriate kernel modules)
If it works on your device, or you know of kernels or modules please give the details here -> http://goo.gl/h4xGl
☆ List of modules and kernels can be found here -> http://goo.gl/NXVEL
Please note that this app is an "Helper" app.. it will not magically make your kernel support USB Mass storage!
▌What are the requirements?
• root (su binary)
• supporting kernel / kernel modules
• USB OTG cable ( or direct card reader, see this kickstarter project and support them -> http://goo.gl/LPPrB )
☆ I will not be held responsible for any damage to your device. Do not use for a long time, u may risk burning the device chip/motherboard due to the voltage supply in host mode.
See -> http://usbotghelper.wordpress.com/faq/
If still not working, send me debugging data (one-click for donate version)
If still something does not work, mail me. I cannot reply to feedback!
[ Translate to your language -> http://tinyurl.com/otg-translate ]
Greek - Nianios Romanos
Russian - Igor Nedoboy
Ukranian - Alexandr Tobolin (Toz1k)
Hungarian (Magyar) - Varga Zsigmond (Sigismund)
Italian - walpis
German - Patrick Oberdorf
SEO: usbotg, usb , otg, mass storage, mount, drive, NTFS, ntfs-3g, usb host, stickmount, shardul,
If you have a long-term or frequent data cable with plug SD card troubles, then please use the USB Sharp, USB Sharp can
Allow you to eliminate more trouble!
* Mobile phones and computers sharing a wireless router must be the same
* Only in Share UI through a browser interface to shared files
Has the following features:
**** Convenient and efficient file sharing
* Support WIFI file sharing (can achieve upload, download, delete, create folder manipulation)
* Support for file and folder sharing (via email, Bluetooth)
**** Convenient, efficient management documents
* Support for file and folder sorting (by name, time, size, file type)
* Support for editing files and folders (available to copy, cut, delete, rename, compress (zip), unzip (zip) operation)
* Support Select All and Deselect All operations;
* Support for audio and video, built-in player
**** Convenient and efficient text editing
* Support for text copy, cut, paste, replace
* Support for external files to copy and paste text
* Automatically select encoding text documents
*** New Text File (default encoding is UTF-8), pictures (by the camera) and folders
*** Support for Simplified Chinese, English
**** Off device for the root
* Support to obtain root privileges (to modify file and folder permissions to read and write)
USB Sharp Supported file formats:
Plain text:. Txt
Image:. Png. Jpg. Jpeg. Gif
Video:. Mp4. Mov. M4v .3gp
Audio:. Mp3. M4a. Aac
Web:. Htm. Html. Xhtml
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
FREE trial version.
The trial version is full functional, but it has a time limit until March 31st, 2014.
This is a Plugin for Total Commander for Android! It works not standalone! DO NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
This Plugin is for tablets (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10) or phones (like Nexus 5) which have an USB OTG connector, but do not mount attached USB Sticks.
Reading from and writing to an attached USB-Stick is possible.
ROOT rights are NOT needed.
FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT formatted sticks can be read and written.
NTFS formatted Sticks can be read.
If you have tested the plugin you can buy the full version or update to the next trial release.
The filemanager Total Commander can be installed from the Play-Store:
Usage is at your own risk.
Do not use it with sticks containing important data.
For more details look at the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de
About the permission "full network access": This is needed to open a local network socket for streaming. The plugin does not connect to the internet.
This app will install custom kernel to your Nexus 7, that will add HID keyboard/mouse gadget functions to it's USB port.
No driver installation is needed for your PC.
It will work inside BIOS, inside bootloader, with any OS, and with any hardware - PC, Mac, Xbox, Chromebook, even with other Android devices through USB Host adapter.
Only Nexus 7 2012 WiFi with Android 4.4.2 is supported at the moment.
If your Nexus 7 is not rooted - follow installation instructions at:
If you have any other device, you may try to compile the kernel yourself, using kernel patch from this webpage.
Works best with Hacker's Keyboard: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard
I'm planning to add remote control functionality, with live camera feed,
so you can turn your Nexus 7 into an overpriced remote desktop / KVM switch solution.
This application will provide information about almost all currently plugged-in USB device (see below for more info about the 'almost').
•The Device class
•The USB device path
•The Vendor ID (VID) and the Product ID (PID).
•A List of all interfaces and their endpoints.
If you download the accompanying databases, the application will also be able to provide you with additional info such as the Vendor of the device (which is not necessarily the brand!), the vendor's logo and the product name.
This application uses two different methods to collect information:
1. Android mode will use the native android USB API.
2. Linux mode will parse /sys/bus/usb/devices/.
Each mode (Android/Linux) will provide slightly different information. For example Android mode will give you more information about a device's endpoints and interfaces, while Linux mode will give more information about the device itself (serial number, how it identifies itself, etc.)
Device Subclass resolution will be added in the next version.
I wrote this application as an exercise to explore fragments and the new USB host API. Hopefully it will be useful to someone else.
•The database is parsed from: http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
•All logos are the property of their respective owners
•Source code: https://github.com/alt236/USB-Device-Info---Android
Please email me with any bugs/problems/feature requests. I cannot reply to market comments which can make debugging difficult.
This application allows you to enable USB Mass Storage mode on select Samsung and Sony devices.
This will export your microSD card over USB as a mass storage device, this will NOT work with your internal memory due to hardware and software limitations.
You can also create shortcuts to easily toggle between UMS on and off.
Tested or reported working on:
* Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500, GT-I9505, SGH-I337, SGH-M919)
* Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-I9300, GT-I9305, SPH-L710)
* Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
* Samsung Grand Duos (GT-I9082)
Thanks to d4fseeker and Sakaschi for the methods used to enable UMS.
Internet permissions required for ads.
As of version 2.2, there's a new pro version that has auto-switching. If you have donated before, please contact me and I'll arrange a workaround for you as it's unfair for you to pay twice, thank you :)
* New layout and improved UI.
* Better code handling.
* Basis for new Xposed-powered version that hooks deep into Android.
* Fixed overlapping items when the device is flipped into landscape.
* Now uses RootTools to check BusyBox and root, the app should be more reliable.
* Do some checks to see if the mount point doesn't have an actual block mounted to it (is SD card available?)
* Fallback to first detected block device
* Added untested support for Verizon's Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545) (Not working)
* Added ads. Don't like ads? They can be disabled :)
* Handle a few more exceptions in code.
* Attempt to detect if a user does not have BusyBox installed, if so, redirect them to Play Store listing.
* Add non-tested support for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505), might work on other S4s.
* Initial release.
Keywords: Sony, Samsung, Galaxy, USB, Mass, Storage, Enabler
Additionally there's also a reboot feature that lets you boot your phone into recovery or bootloader mode, or perform normal/fast reboots.
Please be aware that the automatic mode is not available in the free version! You have to buy the license key to unlock this feature!
ADB Toggle will only work on a rooted phone! Once the app has installed itself as system application then root access is no longer needed.
HEXAMOB has made a collection of drivers for brands with devices that use the Android Operating System. There may be some cases where packages can be used for your specific device. There are others cases where you need to install a specific driver for your Android device. In both cases, you will find different links on the page that appears after you select your brand.
android, usb, drivers, treiber, controladores, samsung, lg, motorola, htc, zopo, lenovo, xiaomi, sony, pc,dectect, detection, mtp
The app was made for CM9 users on the Samsung Galaxy S. It is reported to work on the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the Samsung Galaxy Note as well.
It does NOT work on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and most likely it will not work on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 also.
You need to install the windows part.
See http://www.codeproject.com/KB/android/UsbPortForwarding.aspx for details
With this solution, you can surf on your mobile (using the internet connection on your PC) through the USB tunnel AND a proxy.
Please, post your comment on codeproject site.
Starting from Android 3.1, applications can use functions of USB host, but many devices have this functionality disabled.
This application checks whether USB Host support is enabled. On rooted devices, an attempt to enable USB support can be performed.
If you keep USB Debugging (a.k.a. ADB, i.e. Android Debug Bridge) on and your phone falls into the wrong hands, your privacy is at severe risk. They will be able to unlock your phone, steal your images, emails, passwords and all your data and identity. This app will help you protect against this.
If you found a bug, have any questions or feature requests, please contact me at email@example.com
Here are the functions:
1. USB Debug Warning
It will warn you with a notification whenever you leave your phone/tablet with USB Debugging enabled and don't use it. Simply, it will show a notification when you unplug USB cable and have USB Debugging setting enabled. It may also open Developer Options instantly when you unplug the USB cable (instant action is off by default, turn it on in the app).
2. USB plugged when USB Debug is off
The purpose of this function is to help you turn USB Debugging ON quickly when you want to test your app on your phone. The app will show notification which, when clicked, will open Developer Options, or even open Developer Options instantly for you when you plug the USB cable in (instant action is off by default, turn it on in the app).
Please note that Android apps on non-rooted devices cannot change the USB Debug setting automatically (for security), so you have to do it always on your own, manually. This app will make your task easier, and will make sure you remember to turn off USB Debugging when it is not needed.
More from developer
This is a (musical) score reading(site read) training application.You can learn note position of a sheet music.
There are two modes.
★ practice mode
Note stops until you touch right note, so you can play at your pace. This mode is recommended for beginners,too.
★ normal mode
Note comes in real time. if you fail to press right note in time, miss count increases.
Changeable settings(press menu key at title)
* sound volume(become 0 if phone's ringtone volume is 0)
* accidentals(5 types.none,#,b,# + x,b + bb)
* keyboard settings(8 types.none,doremi,code,code(with octave),Chinese,French,German,Japanese)
* clef(4 types. G(treble),F(bass),C(alto),C(tenor))
* key signature(10 types.C major,# signatures(up to 5),b signatures(up to 4))
* sound(2 types.piano and acoustic guitar)
* keyboard width(5 types.set black key width rate against white key between 0.5 to 0.9)
* piano key number(4 types. wider/normal/narrow/mini)
* question note range(4 types. wider/normal/narrow/mini)
* game speed(3 types(50-70) to 9type(40-130 in app billing))
* note number(8 types(3-10 measure) in app billing)
* theoretical mode(theoretical[faithful with music theory]/verbose[explicitly show accidental])
* low memory mode(becomes simpler drawing)
- Accidentals(#,b etc) effects only current bar. Across the new bar line, accidentals effect will be reset.
- In contrast, changed key effect lasts during the staff notation if you change measure.
- If you touch right note as close as left judgement line, you'll get better judgement(perfect > great > good).
[About combination of settings]
- Even if you select flat appear mode,sharp appears to override other accidental effect (in theoretical mode,this case only) with sharp key signatures selection.
- And when you select many sharp key signatures like B major with flat appear mode, natural appears more frequent.
- Many flat key signatures with sharp appear mode behaves similarly.
- Even if you select no accidentals, accidental effects are overridden in verbose mode.
If you need accurate metronome or you've never played beatmania, I don't recomment this application.
in main view, you can set
- sound volume
- BPM(between 40 - 220)
- number of quarter notes displayed in a screen at a time
,And displays musical tempo marking(allegro, andante or so) roughly.
if selected bpm is in beatmania IIDX's songlist, song name is also shown.
in setting view(press menu key), you can set
- songlist view
- sort order of songlist
- tick sound(129 types)
- tick sound per 4 beat(129 types)
I borrowed song list from this site.