In November 2017, Quill joined forces with the Ghost team to become the official Ghost Android app! Quill itself will no longer receive any updates. Please install Ghost Android from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ghost.android. Read the announcement at https://blog.ghost.org/android/. To my users - thank you for your support thus far, and I'll see you on the other side!
Ghost (https://ghost.org) is a simple, powerful blogging platform that allows you to share your stories with the world.
Quill brings Ghost's elegant design to a 100% NATIVE Android app. It is designed to be simple, beautiful, and fast, with FULL OFFLINE SUPPORT. That means you can write, edit and publish blog posts on the go, in the subway, or on a flight - with no frustrations! Then all you need to do is sync it later when you have an Internet connection.
• Simple, intuitive interface based on Material Design principles and Ghost's web interface (along with some tasteful animations!)
• Markdown editing with preview - swipe to switch between editing and previewing
• Native image upload from your phone or a web link
• Offline mode - Quill is designed to work 100% offline -- just sync when you're connected later! Ideal for travellers and journalists.
• 100% Markdown compatibility with Ghost - insert images, footnotes and code blocks like you're used to
• Attach tags and a cover image
• Works with Ghost Pro (ghost.io) blogs as well as self-hosted blogs
• Conflict handling - when a blog post is edited simultaneously from the app and elsewhere (e.g., via Ghost web), Quill will detect the conflict and show you a nice UI to decide what to do - so you never lose your hard work!
• Free with no strings attached - no ads, no in-app purchases, and certainly no data harvesting of any sort, now or in the future (you can actually check the code yourself to verify this - link below). None of your data is saved by me except for crash-reporting or analyzing anonymous usage statistics.
Quill has been translated to several languages: German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Croatian and Norwegian. If you'd like to see support for your language, contribute @ http://tiny.cc/translate-ghost-android.
GHOST VERSION COMPATIBILITY
Quill has been tested against versions 1.0.0 to 1.15.0 of Ghost. Older or newer versions may not work correctly because the Ghost admin API is not stable yet (see note below).
IN CASE OF ISSUES
If you find a bug please email me (vickychijwani at gmail dot com), report it on Github (link below), or describe the issue in your Play Store review. Try to include as many details as you can, and mention the app version, Ghost version, and Android version.
HOW DOES THIS APP MAKE MONEY?
It doesn't (and probably never will). No ads, no data harvesting, no "pro" version - no strings attached. Quill is a pure learning/fun project for me, and is my way of giving back to the wonderful open-source community.
Fork on Github: https://github.com/vickychijwani/quill
Report bugs and propose new features: https://github.com/vickychijwani/quill/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md
Help translate the app to your language: https://hosted.weblate.org/engage/quill/en/
TECHNICAL NOTE ABOUT THE GHOST API
The Ghost API is neither completely stable nor publicly-released at this point. This means that Quill may stop working correctly after major Ghost releases that change the behavior of the API. I will try to track such changes and update the app as soon as I'm made aware of issues.
Quill for Ghost is an unofficial app. Ghost and the Ghost Logo are trademarks owned by The Ghost Foundation.