Easily search the abbreviations and definitions and see the search results as you type.
Browse the abbreviations by sliding your finger along the convenient index.
Featured in Android Market "Top Paid" Medical Category
Learn from 13 pre-made decks or create your own decks and cards. You can populate existing decks or self made decks with pre-made entries. You can mark cards correct or incorrect to help track progress.
Thousands of entries are already included. Including medical terminology, abbreviations, and prefix/suffixes.
The pre-made decks are as follows:
- Intro Medical Terms
- Body Structure
- Integumentary System
- Musculoskeletal System
- Cardiovascular System
- Blood and the Lymphatic System
- Respiratory System
- Digestive System
- Urinary System
- Reproductive System
- Endocrine System
- Nervous System
- The Eye and Ear
Additionally we have included a special dynamic "Focus on" deck. The deck populates itself automatically with cards you have marked incorrect.
Continually being updated and developed. If you have feedback just contact us through our website using the contact page. Please make sure to specify which app you are contacting us about.
If you would like a quick medical terminology reference app. Please view the companion app "Quick Medical Terminology and Abbre."
Version 1.8 Adds:
- Shuffle (browse the deck randomly)
- Clear all marks (clear a deck of all correct or incorrect marks with one push)
- Auto rotate. (cards automatically rotate to side 1 when you press forward)
Its alphabetical arrangement makes finding any abbreviation a snap, and a special section provides extensive coverage of symbols of all kinds. Abbreviations on the JCAHO "Do not use" list are clearly identified. This dictionary is ideal for medical transcriptionists, students, and health professionals at all stages of their careers.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
You can add your own medical abbreviations, no ads.