An Official US Navy mobile application, produced by the Navy PMW 240 Program
The Navy College Program (NCP) app provides Sailors and others with tools to help them make informed personal and professional development decisions throughout their Navy college careers. The app offers users major elements of the Navy College Program website and is particularly useful for helping both military and civilian users apply for Tuition Assistance (TA) and enroll in classes.
As outlined in NAVADMIN 216/16, all first-time TA participants must complete (1) WebTA Training and (2) the DOD Higher Education Preparation Course before applying for TA or receiving academic advising from an academic institution. This app enables users to take both courses remotely.
In addition, this app offers Sailors mobile access to voluntary education planning tools, counseling, and applications previously available only via shore-based NCO counselors. This app allows Sailors to process TA requests and degree plans, obtain required counseling, and complete training requirements.
The Navy College Program app is divided into the following sections for ease of use:
• Tuition Assistance (TA) – Links users to the My Education WebTA website so they can submit a TA application, view existing TA applications, and access other functions.
• Training – Allows users to complete the TA Course and access the DOD Higher Education Preparation Course.
• Videos – Provides video tutorials on the NCP, including TA and command information.
• Resources – Provides in-app and online information on the program and continuing education.
• Schedule Counseling -- Links users to the NCP’s Appointment Scheduler login page, enabling them to schedule an appointment for counseling with the Virtual Education Center.
• Virtual Education Center (VEC) – Provides contact access for counseling with the VEC.
• Joint Services Transcript (JST) -- Links users to the JST login page, allowing them to manage their official JST.
• In addition, the app includes an Emergency resources section and a Favorites section, which allows users to bookmark and easily access parts of the app they find personally important.
The NCP app’s tools are relevant to all Navy applicants, current Sailors, transitioning Sailors, Veterans, and counselors. The app features public content only; no authentication or authorization required. Download yours today!!