Specifically geared towards patient-care, this instant-access guide provides registered nurses with essential, up-to-the-minute information on the selection and administration of 1,000 commonly used medications. This nursing classic is revised annually to reflect approval of new drugs, changes in usage of current drugs, and withdrawal of older ones.
* Organized alphabetically by generic drug name
* Mechanisms of action
* Common usage and dosage
* Side effects
* Drug Interactions
* Nursing implications
* New drugs
* Patient education
* Expanded coverage of medical herbs
5 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"This very useful drug reference will easily fit in your lab coat pocket. The information is accurate and up to date. Due to size constraints, only the most frequently used medications are included in this book. This book retains its value by being revised yearly and maintaining a database of the most current information."--Doody's Review Service
Judith Barberio PhD, RN, APN, C, ANP, GNP, FNP, SNC is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Rutgers University School of Nursing. In addition to being the author of the annual Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide, she has conducted research on chronic illness, primary health care in urban settings, pharmacology and pain control, and health policy. She is also President of the Rutgers University School of Nursing Alumni Association.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
- Over 30 commonly used hemodynamic parameters
- Quick reference to definitions, normal ranges, high and low indications, & high and low treatments
- Customize any parameter to fit your policy/guidelines
- Add your own hemodynamic parameters
- Hide parameters you don't need
Internet access is NOT required to use this app.
Hemodynamic Parameters include:
- Arterial Oxygen Saturation
- Cardiac Index
- Cardiac Output
- Central Venous Oxygen Saturation
- Central Venous Pressure
- Cerebral Perfusion Pressure
- Diastolic Blood Pressure
- Ejection Fraction
- Intra-Abdominal Pressure
- Intracranial Pressure
- Left Ventricular Stroke Work
- Left Ventricular Stroke Work Index
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Mean Pulmonary Artery Pressure
- Mixed Venous Oxygen Saturation
- Pulmonary Artery Diastolic Pressure
- Pulmonary Artery Systolic Pressure
- Pulmonary Artery Wedge Pressure
- Pulmonary Vascular Resistance
- Pulmonary Vascular Resistance Index
- Pulse Oximetry
- Right Ventricular Stroke Work
- Right Ventricular Stroke Work Index
- Right Ventricular Systolic Pressure
- Stroke Volume
- Stroke Volume Index
- Systemic Vascular Resistance
- Systemic Vascular Resistance Index
- Systolic Blood Pressure
We also offer great support for this app. Want us to add a parameter? Email us and we will get to work on it STAT!
nursing, nurse, registered, nursing student, medical, medicine, patient, critical care, medsurg, NCLEX, nursing school, nursing apps, RN, LVN, LPN, MD, EMT, paramedic, medic, critical, care, emergency, ER, ED, CCU, ICU, cardiac, doctor, respiratory, therapy, therapist, care, practitioner, RT, RCP, RRT, CRT, certified, pulmonary, pulmonology
Conversion of opioids with bolus calculation (for breakthrough pain), calculation of infusions (calculation of dosage , duration rate , duration, bolus doses and with dropclicker) and conversion of corticosteroids in one tool . Portable for daily work (not only) in the palliative and oncological care for physician and nursing.
1 opioid converter
- Conversion of up to 2 opioids to another opioid with variable reduction and bolus dose
- Output of the whole conversion with tips and possible dose bolus (also of other common opioids)
- Bolus calculation on the basis of an opioid (including boluses are displayed with other common opioids)
2 infusion calculation
- Enter the (aqueous) solution for infusion on total amount , amount of active ingredient or active ingredient concentration
- Enter the pass rate on amount of drug infusion amount, drip rate (also with a dropclicker) or runtime
- Input of active agent bolus or infusion bolus
- Output of the entire regime including duration at 1 to 6 boluses
3 conversion of corticosteroids
- Conversion on the basis of glucocorticoid potency with effective length specification
Only access to network configuration is required (due to the software) .
When you first start the app loads a bit lazy.
Possible opioids :
alfentanil iv buprenorphine enterally , buprenorphine parenterally , buprenorphine transdermal, codeine , dihydrocodeine enterally , dihydrocodeine parenterally , fentanyl enterally , fentanyl parenterally, fentanyl transdermally , hydromorphone enterally , hydromorphone parenterally, hydromorphone epidural , hydromorphone spinal, methadone , meptazinol , morphine enterally , morphine sc , iv morphine , morphine epidural , spinal morphine , nalbuphine , oxycodone enteral, oxycodone parenterally, pethidine , piritramide , iv remifentanil , sufentanil iv , tapentadol , tilidin , tramadol
Possible corticosteroids :
betamethasone, cloprednol , cortisone (acetate) , deflazacort , dexamethasone, fludrocortisone , fluocortolone , hydrocortisone ( cortisol) , methylprednisolone , prednisone , prednisolone , triamcinolone
Created with :
jQuery mobile, PhoneGap , jQuery Keypad by Keith Wood, FT fastclick.
Ultimate Offline & FREE drugs dictionary of emergency lookup medicine name to assist physicians with their daily practice. Medical Drug Dictionary - FREE is a leading medical word dictionary used by health care professionals today. Helpful medical wikipedia for nurses exam study, this mobile application for medical nursing helps to expert presribe / administer drugs and be informed about the adverse problems, clinical diagnosis, medical lab investigations, nursing central facts, patient care, examination and prognosis. This drug handbook dictionary is a free drugs book and symptom checker for normal medicine knowledge and lookup reference during diseases and illness.
Medical dictionary FREE App Features:
- Works Offline.
- A FREE medical dictionary, annotator, thesaurus & a drug reference manual.
- Pocket Study Guide. Medical drug dictionary free download is like a FREE Doctor at home for common drugs and doses values.
- Beautiful Interface. The best ebook choice for useful drugs dictionary.
- Xpress updates. Frequently published updates on latest up-to-date drug and test info & new medical acronyms and abbreviations.
- Medical learning app. For self diagnosis, drug dosage and treatment for medical learners and doctor students while study during various courses/ examination, PG preparation.
- Universal Index Search to help find terms across all indexes.
Medical dictionary offline app is a flash card for quick learning of medical terminology & free medical terms. Find the clinical diagnosis information needed quickly and easily for patient care report, sheet or technician record. With 10000+ prescription drug info & 100 diseases and medicine illustrations, this app provides free medical encyclopedia drug handbook dictionary definitions for a wide range of terms used in the medical biology health sciences on anatomy, physiology, drugs, tests, procedures and medical board review. Learn the virus, diseases and symptoms of even psychiatric disorders. Download this drugs and disease dictionary today for cure for sure.
Download this free medical book app, a wallet of drugs with information of drugs and their meaning for mobile. It deals with health in all aspects; health, balance, spiritual well-being, social welfare, environmental considerations, dietary and lifestyle habits, daily living trends, and seasonal variations in lifestyle. The app goes beyond the medical definitions and provides info on nutrition and alternative therapy, medical abbreviations, symbols and units of measurement, immunization schedules and free nursing dictionary, for better patient care. Free Medical Dictionary app that gives access to all the medical glossaries, meaning of drugs, definitions, references and medical guideline for reading and research.
Who Can Use this FREE Drugs Book:
For healthcare, pharmaceuticals, physicians, hospital nurses, medical students, nursing professionals, pharmacy, physician assistants and for other students who work in clinical practice & dispensary.
App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. This app can not and should not replace a doctor consultation or a pharmacist. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
Suitable for premedical students, nursing students, medical secretaries, transcriptionists, and allied health students, in fact anyone with an interest in the language of medicine or medical education. If you are about to go to medical school or nursing college be one step ahead and impress your new tutors. If you are a nurse, medical secretary or allied health student learning English, studying our distance learning course will enhance your listening, writing and spelling skills. Now widely used for general practice (GP) staff training.
Invaluable revision for all health care courses including: City & Guilds (AMSPAR) Certificate in Medical Terminology at Levels 2 and 3, CMA / AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) Medical Terminology Exam, SQA Medical Terminology, NHS training courses and medical secretary training courses.