*** NOTE 1: If settings DO NOT appear to stick, make sure "Superuser" is working properly. I recommend SuperSU!
*** NOTE 2: Make sure you have BUSYBOX updated or installed.
If you run into any issues and would like to participate in fixing these issues together with me. Join my beta testing community here:
Let's work together to fix all BUGS!
*** Feel Free to email (email@example.com) me directly for issues and support before commenting with low ratings. Thanks! ***
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) can be found here:
This application OFFICIALLY supports the following ROOTED devices:
* Google Nexus 7 2012/2013, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 5, 9
* HTC One M7/M8, Samsung Galaxy S4/S5, Galaxy Note 3/4
* Oppo Find 5, 7
* Moto G/X 1st/2nd generation
Up Coming Support for:
This application ALSO unofficially supports ALL ROOTED ICS, JB, KK, LP capable devices (Phones and Tablets). This app will works on ALL your other ICS/JB/KK/LP devices!
*** Application Features: ***
> CPU Control:
- Displays CPU core frequencies in real-time
- adjustment of CPU governors
- adjustments of CPU Min/Max frequencies
- mpdecision on/off (Qualcomm devices)
- CPU Quiet Governor (Tegra3 devices)
- Eco Mode (Battery Savings)
> Voltage Control:
- Displays current voltage per frequency
- Tweak CPU voltage (Global/Individual)
- Smart Reflex On/Off (Galaxy Nexus)
> CPU Governor Control: (supports ANY CPU governor!)
- Allows for CPU governor specific tweaks
> GPU Control:
- Displays GPU frequencies in real-time
- selection of available GPU governors (My kernel and Qualcomm Chipsets)
- GPU max frequencies (Qualcomm Chipsets and kernels with GPU Overclocking enabled!)
- GPU V-sync capability (Qualcomm Chipsets ONLY)
> I/O Scheduler Control: (Supports built-in eMMC and SDcard if available)
- Selection of available I/O schedulers
- Tweak read-ahead size
> Low Memory Killer Controls:
- Custom tweaks for LMK
> MDNIE/Gamma controls
> FastCharge Controls:
- Custom Charge current controls
> Miscellaneous Control: (depending on device, not all features are available)
- Dynamic File Sync (faster storage I/O)
- TCP Congestion Algorithm
- USB FastCharge
- WiFi power management
- USB OTG Hack / charge
> Vibration Strength control
- Vibration Strength %
> Sweep2wake control
- Orientation (Nexus 4)
- Button LED (Sensation/Amaze and other HTC devices)
- Home2Wake, Logo2Wake, Home2Sleep, Logo2Sleep (HTC One ONLY)
> Per App Control (Profiles!)
- CPU min/max frequencies, GPU max frequencies, GPU governor and Eco Mode
> Color Control: (Not all features are available for different models)
- Color temperature (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4, HTC One)
- Gamma curve (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, Nexus 7 2013)
- Contrast (Galaxy Nexus ONLY)
- Gamma look up table (Galaxy Nexus ONLY)
- ZRAM Swap On/Off, Disk Size
- Memory adjustments
- CleanCache / Frontswap / Z-RAM (CompCache) Stats
> Thermal Control: (Qualcomm Devices ONLY)
- Disable Qualcomm's thermald/thermal-engine/HTC's pngmgr
- Control built-in Intelli-thermal
- Thermal statistics
> Download Control: (available only for OFFICIAL devices)
- Checks for latest stable kernel and beta kernels
- Social networking links (Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus)
- Kernel Support links (xda-developers and rootzwiki forums)
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by the use of this app. No warranties of any kind are given.
With a beautiful, fully updated with Material Design and a very easy-to-use UI, it combines a series of powerful tools to manage and control your device with franco.Kernel.
It's simply the best tool of its kind - managing the Kernel parameters has never been more fun and easy!
Take note that your device needs to be ROOTED. I don't accept refunds if you fail to read this warning.
This application supports the following devices only:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Nexus 4
* Nexus 5
* Nexus 6
* Nexus 7 2012
* Nexus 7 2013
* Nexus 10
* One Plus One
Supports Android from JellyBean (4.1) up to Lollipop (5.0.+).
* Deep integration with franco.Kernel
* Checks for new franco.Kernel versions (with a choice for automatic check once every 24h)
* Auto flash Kernels directly into the device without any user input besides requiring a reboot (which is also automatic by default)
* Download .zips to be flashed in recovery
* Beautiful UI that follows Material Design guidelines
* Interface to change CPU clocks, governor and other interfaces pending Kernel support (undervolt, Hotplug control, GPU control, CPU-Boost control)
* Interface to change the CPU governor parameters
* Backup & Restore Kernels on the fly without any "geek" knowledge
* Custom Kernel settings such as: IO scheduler, IO scheduler tuning, TCP congestion algorithm and options to turn logging off
* A powerful tool called Per-App Profiles which lets you create power profiles for your favourite apps. For example you want maximum CPU frequency when gaming, but low frequency when reading an e-book. With this tool that is possible. Its also very flexible and easy to use!
* A System Monitor with a beautiful UI courtesy of the developer Christian Göllner
* A simple File Manager to flash boot.imgs and Kernel .zips on the go from anywhere inside the sdcard (open, delete and see info about the file)
* Color and Sound control for selected devices pending Kernel support
* CPU temperature available in the notification bar for devices that export the CPU temperature
* Performance Profiles built-in on franco.Kernel (Power-save, Balance and Performance) which you can select with a single touch, no need to mess with settings. Also features a Home screen widget for an easy way to change profiles without going into the app
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures of the app. No warranties of any kind are given. Use your brains, you have them for a reason! :)
* FAQ at http://timos.me/tm/faq
* Set on boot, settings lost, frequencies don't stick, MIUI ROM problem,... read FAQ above
* We do not reply to Play Store rating as it only allow rather short message and no record for conversation, please email us for support
* Help us translate the app: http://timos.me/tm/translate
This app requires:
- ROOT and working busybox installation
These devices are officially supported
- GALAXY NEXUS (toro, maguro, toroplus)
- Nexus 7 (grouper) and Nexus 7 3G (tipalia)
- Nexus 7 2013 (flo)
- Nexus 4 (mako)
- Nexus 5 (hammerhead, preliminary support)
- Sony Xperia Z (yuga) and ZL (odin)
- LG Optimus G
- Galaxy SIII with Exynos SOC
- HTC Incredible S (vivo: preliminary support)
- Nexus 10 (preliminary support)
- HTC One X International (endeavoru; preliminary support)
- HTC One M7U and M7UL
- Galaxy SIII with Qualcomm SOC (preliminary support)
Coming to more devices in the future.
Trickster MOD app is a tweaking tool to change various settings included in your kernel and other mods to your phone.
* Trickster MOD has abilities to do the following *
- ADB over WLAN
- Set I/O scheduler, read ahead buffer, CPU scaling governor, min and max CPU speed
- CPU Statistics
- Set Device hostname
- Apply Grace Period (was Bootloop Preventer)
- Frequency Lock
* Donate key will get you following features *
- I/O scheduler advanced control
- Color profile for device with color settings
- CPU Frequency profile
- Voltage profile for some settings
- Sound control for faux's patches
- Advanced gamma control for N4 with faux's patch
- Touch Filter Control for N4 with supported kernels
- Bootloader lock/unlock without fastboot and data wipe for some devices
- Kernel backup/restore on some supported devices
- Launcher shortcuts to some app operations
* Following features depend on kernel support *
- Color for Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4, contrast and gamma tweaks for Galaxy Nexus
- Generic hotplug
- CPU Temp limit
- Minimal SmartReflex voltage of Core, IVA, and MPU domains
- Nominal SmartReflex voltage for Core, IVA, and MPU domains
- Regulator voltages
- GLaDOS live OC of Core, GPU and MPU
- WIFI mode for screen off (power saving or full speed)
- Vibrator strength
- Headset volume boost
- High performance sound
- Force fast charge
- Battery live extender
- Touch wake and touch wake duration
- fsync control
- Sweep 2 wake
- And more...
This is provided with NO GUARANTY whatsoever. Use your common sense.
Its only for the Samsung Galaxy family, running ICS/JB/KK and rooted, but probably works on other kernels too.
Devil Kernels XDA Threads http://forum.xda-developers.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=4196889&starteronly=1
Devil Kernel Manager XDA Thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2558109
* All the latest settings supported by the Kernel
* Everything sticks after boot.
* Fast Charge widget for easy access (if available in kernel)
* Bluetooth Kill widget (if available in kernel)
* Supports every Devil Kernel (I9000 family, I9300, Note I, Note II, Nexus S)
* Rewrote the application from scratch. Faster Load Times.
* New Design, Two Themes available.
* Log features (pull up to show the full log or hide it completely, option to copy the log content)
Control and modify kernel settings (wake gestures, color, sound, voltage, CPU, GPU and more)
Get the most out of your device with performance and powersave modes.
Install and update the ElementalX Kernel quickly and easily directly from the app (on supported devices).
Automatically get notified of new releases. Choose between express installation, which will keep your current settings, or custom installation, which allows you to choose new settings.
Monitor system status, CPU and GPU frequencies, battery and temperature.
Works with most devices and kernels. ElementalX Kernel and its features are only available for the Nexus 9, Nexus 6, HTC One (m8), Nexus 5, Nexus 7 (2013), HTC One (m7) and HTC One S.
Many Android tasks run slower than they should for one simple, yet not-so-obvious reason: they consume large amounts of random data from a limited source. Random data is used to generate session keys and unique identifiers, in SSL and wifi, while starting processes, and during inter-process communication.
This data (entropy) runs out frequently, and that causes processes reading from the blocking device (if any) to temporarily stop responding (lag). These processes cannot continue until the Linux kernel repopulates the entropy pool, which takes time. In addition, input events are pulled from the user interface (to refill the pool), which may also contribute to the problem.
Seeder is a service for root users. It assists the kernel in "topping off" the entropy pool by re-seeding it with data from the non-blocking (high performance) random device. Optionally, it can also help alleviate MMC I/O contention by extending the I/O queue, allowing the I/O scheduler to make better decisions, and combine more writes.
On some devices, applications load significantly faster (particularly large ones like Facebook, Chrome, and Youtube), and task switching becomes effortless. Fewer visual "hiccups" occur.
You MUST be running a rooted device to use this application! If you don't know what this means, Seeder will probably not work on your device!
** Note **
This app does not increase raw performance, but rather eliminates some types of annoying lag (ie. applications briefly freezing, jerky scrolling, delays returning to the home screen, etc). The effect seems to be more noticeable the longer the device has been running prior to activating the RNG service.
Google's efforts to optimize newer builds of Android have been substantial, and Seeder has less effect on Android 4.0+ (though many users still report improvement).
Bug reports are greatly appreciated. If you have any trouble with the application, please send an email before leaving a review. If during testing you find that Seeder does not noticeably reduce lag on your device, please email me for a refund!
*** ROOT IS REQUIRED
*** A CUSTOM KERNEL IS REQUIRED FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY!
The app will offer you some features without a custom kernel, roughly ~50%.
*** LAUNCH THE APP WITH THE KERNELS DEFAULT SETTINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME
Each section of KControl saves the current settings on first open. Ensure that those are default settings for your kernel.
*** Why does KControl need permission x?
CHECK_LICENSE - to check if the app was bought or pirated
ACCESS_SUPERUSER (Root) - to access kernel specific, write protected, files
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to apply your settings on boot
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - needed to obfuscate your device id with your mac address (neither can be extracted then)
VIBRATE - test vibrate setting
WAKE_LOCK - TEGRA ONLY: For Screen on/off to apply GPU clocks
*** OFFICIAL SUPPORTED DEVICES:
Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
Nexus 4 (mako)
Nexus 7 (grouper/tilapia)
Nexus 7 (flo/deb)
HTC One X (endeavoru)
HTC One S (ville)
Theoretically this app should work on any msm/tegra3 device. Tegra3 will lack thermal configuration.
Functionality on stock kernels or custom kernels without Bricked features will be limited.
Internal busybox to avoid compatibility issues
Modify CPU frequencies for each CPU (and CPU voltages *1)
Show overall CPU usage and for each CPU
Show current CPU frequencies (current scaling and current min/max)
Show CPU time in state
Generates CPU Usage/Temperature graphs, limited to 10 mins of history, runs in background as long as you left KControl not using Quit or BACK. Pauses for deep sleep. Enable it in Settings.
Show Task-lists sorted by CPU/MEMORY
Allows you to kill tasks
Show Memory overview
Modify Low Memory Killer settings
Show current GPU usage & frequency *2
Modify GPU max clock & frequencies and other settings (msm) for each power level on the fly! *2
Show current temperature
Modify all msm_thermal options & current throttle stats *1
Show current Core status (on/off)
Modify all msm/tegra_mpdecision settings *1
Simple and advanced settings for mpdecision *1
Show mpdecision statistics (how often were my cpus unplugged/hotplugged, how long was each cpu online?) *1
(Support for both mpdecision sysfs versions released by me. Array based and up/down)
Change the scheduler for each device independently
Modify the global scheduler settings & each schedulers settings
Change the governor for each CPU independently
Modify each governors settings
Enabled/Disable Sweep2wake. *1
Enabled/Disable Sweep2sleeponly. *1
Enabled/Disable DoubleTap2wake. *1
Enabled/Disable NVIDIA PRISM (tegra only)
Modify rgb color calibration *1
Modify gamma for red/green/blue *1 (supports: CM's & Faux's gamma control)
Gamma advanced/general view allows you to modify all values
Color/Gamma calibration wizard (with calibration pictures)
Modify all exported settings of sound_control versions >=3 and <3 *1 (supports: Faux's sound control)
Vibration control *1
Displays general info (rom/kernel version, device hardware, board name, etc, etc pp)
Compatibility checker beneath general info
Theme switch (light/dark Holo).
Ability to apply all settings on boot individually
Unit switch to choose between °C and °F
Opens change-logs when clicking on the app's version
Every setting is being saved on first read and can be reset on each page to it's original value.
*1 = needs kernel support
*2 = needs a separate module for your kernel, Bricked-Kernel is delivered with them for quite some time now
KControl will hide unsupported sections.
*** Your favorite kernel isn't 100% supported?
Look here: http://bricked.de/kcontrol_compat.php
## I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE
## This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance (GT-I9070/P)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300/I9305)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500/I9505)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (GT-N8000)
- Motorola Moto G (XT1028/31/32/33/34)
- LG Nexus 4
* If you want to add a device to the list pm details and a kernel thread to have an example and I will update as soon as possible.
It's pretty easy, just follow simple few steps:
- Press "Check compatibility button"
- Select a valid kernel image
Does it increase binary counter? No.
Do I need to be rooted? Yes, of course.
Why is it for? With this tool you can flash kernels without a PC in your Android, easy and safer than never, just select the kernel image, flash and reboot.
Why is it safer? It has MD5 checksum to verify that your file is not corrupted, you must want to check it before flashing...
I have soft bricked my device flashing an mp3 file (?) what can I do? Flash with odin again, you can optionally flash the kernel only.
CHANGELOG AND EXTRA INFO:
Original thread on XDA developers forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=37704398
This program is made to make it easier to change settings in the kernel.
GameMode is a special setting that only work in real time.
This mode let you choose what frequency the CPU shall not go under. This is great for games. It make them smoother and reduce lag.
Low memory killing is a setting that let you choose when background program shall unload from memory.
This give you an option to choose if you want many program in memory so they start faster if you use the program often.
Or to make more memory for the program you running the front. This is often good for very demanding game or program.
Under volting is a great way to save battery. You have many level you can choose to get the best setting your phone work with.
Over clocking is a great way to get more power out of your phone and make it faster and smoother. Its also great in games to make them smoother and faster.
Under clocking is a way to save more battery. If you dont play heavy games or very demanding program this is a great setting. Most of the time you will not notice that the phone is less power full.
If you change Android logging, CIF or TUN you need to restart the phone.
All other settings will be used after you push the button. It will also save this settings so they will be used next time you boot the phone.
To use this program you must use DamianGTO Ultimate Kernel v1.3+
Look at the website for more information.
< Galaxy S> SHW-M110S, GalaxyS GT-I9000, GalaxyK SHW-M130K, GalaxyU SHW-M130L, GalaxyTab SHW-180S, GalaxyTab SHW-M180L lagfix application.
It only works on "Tegrak Kernel" and "Lulz Kernel"
TEGRAK Kernel build 13 start to support VOODOO Sound v2.
Supports lagfix ext4 on data, dbdata, system and cache.
Supports custom recovery.
Easy backup and restoring
WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ON YOUR DEVICE!
An application which manages kernel parameters.
It depends on your kernel which features you can use.
With Kernel Adiutor you can tweak and monitor things like:
CPU (Frequency, Governor)
GPU (Frequency, Governor)
Screen (Color Calibration [RGB])
Wake controls (DT2W, S2W)
Sound (Faux Sound)
Battery (Fast Charge)
Kernel Samepage Merging
Low Memory Killer (Minfree settings)
Build prop Editor
and a lot more... (check it out)
Features which aren't supported by your device won't show up in the first place.
This Application is open source!
You can become a beta tester by joining this Google plus community
Be safe and backup everything either to local storage or cloud storage with automatic syncing!
If you don't know where to get your recovery files, just download directly from this app!
1 - Flash boot and recovery .img without even needing to go to recovery.
2 - Flash zip files. Option to wipe cache, dalvik and data when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
3 - Download and flash CWM, Philz, TWRP, Gapps, Franco Kernel, Stock Nexus Kernel (premium), and Stock Nexus Recovery (premium).
4 - Automatic Loki Patch when needed.
5 - Full nandroid backups/restores when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
6 - Backup/Restore kernel and recovery using Sdcard or cloud (Dropbox, Box (premium) or Google Drive (premium)).
7 - Automatic cloud synchronisation of backups between devices and desktops.
8 - Keep track of recently flashed items.
9 - Flash multiple files and build your flash queue.
11 - Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer or Email app? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify.
This app is free but has a limit of 3 flashes per day. You can unlock the limit with a quick in-app payment.
★★ Kernel Tweaker have been Open Sourced!!★★
Check the code on github: https://github.com/cesco89/android-kernel-tweaker
★ Included in DirtyUnicorns rom! ==> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
★ Included in AICP rom! ==> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101008638920580274588
★★ General ★★
* - -- LongPress one item to display the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to set on boot and hit the heart icon
★★ Cpu tuning ★★
* - -- Cpu Max frequency
* - -- Cpu Min frequency
* - -- Governor
* - -- CpuQuiet
* - -- Governor fine tuning : manage every single paramenter of your preferred governor
★★ Gpu tunig ★★
* - -- Gpu Max frequency
* - -- Other Gpu Parameters if available
★★ UnderVolt Table ★★
* - -- Supports uv_mv_table and vdd_table
* - -- Batch undervolting
* - -- Single frequency voltage editing
★★ Kernel specific values ★★
* - -- I/O Scheduler
* - -- Read Ahead size
* - -- Tune Scheduler parameters
* - -- TCP Congestion control
* - -- Toggle Fast Charge
* - -- Toggle Fsync
* - -- DoubleTap 2 Wake
* - -- Sweep 2 Wake
* - -- Sweep 2 Sleep
* - -- Vibration intensity
★★ Low Memory Killer ★★
* - -- Tweak native android task killer
★★ Review Items ★★
* - -- a list that contains all values that will be applied on boot! You can also edit values from this tab ;)
* - -- Longpress one item to shoe the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to Delete and hit the trash icon!
★★ Simple File Explorer ★★
* - -- Install Boot.img
* - -- install Recovery.img
* - -- Flash package
★★ Backup ★★
* - -- Backup Boot.img
* - -- Bavkup Recovery.img
★★ Recovery Actions ★★
* - -- Only TWRP Recovery is supported!!!
* - -- Create a custom editable list of commands
* - -- Wipe Cache
* - -- Wipe Dalvik cache
* - -- Wipe Data
* - -- Install package
* - -- Nandroid Backup
* - -- Add and reorder commands as you wish, then hit the reboot button and take a coffee, your commands will be executed automatically and device will reboot automatically
* - -- Read/Write SD-Card : Needed for File Explorer and Backup tools
* - -- Access SuperUser : to apply selected values
* - -- Access Network : Needed for Google Analytics stuff ( to track crashes and errors)
* - -- Receive Boot Completed : To apply your selected values when you reboot the device!
This app will always be free and without Ads!
More stuff will come!!
* Francesco Rigamonti : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts
* Enrico Solazzo : https://plus.google.com/u/0/116757450567339042397/posts
No support for your device? Ask your kernel developer!
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7"
- HTC Desire 816
- Samsung Galaxy R
- Sony Xperia Go
- Sony Xperia Sola
- Sony Xperia P
- Sony Xperia U
- Sony Xperia Z
- Sony Xperia Z2
This is a simple application which downloads kernels for you.
Downloaded kernels can easily installed with the app (through a custom recovery).
You can backup and restore kernels as well!
This app is open source!
For more information please visit XDA developers. [http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2413721]
- Fine control of Kernel parameters.
- No ads.
- A rooted phone with CoCore Kernel 9.0+.
- A latest version of Busybox.
- On Boot Intent but no init.d support for now.
- Add support for more Device/Android versions.
Tested only on Samsung Galaxy Advance with CoCore Kernel 9.0+
- Samsung Galaxy Advance (GT-I9070 - JB Only with CoCore 9.0+ Kernel)
If this application fails on devices not listed above please DO NOT rate it bad.