With a beautiful, fully updated with Material Design and a very easy-to-use UI, it combines a series of powerful tools to manage and control your device with franco.Kernel.
It's simply the best tool of its kind - managing the Kernel parameters has never been more fun and easy!
Take note that your device needs to be ROOTED. I don't accept refunds if you fail to read this warning.
This application supports the following devices only:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Nexus 4
* Nexus 5
* Nexus 6
* Nexus 7 2012
* Nexus 7 2013
* Nexus 10
* One Plus One
Supports Android from JellyBean (4.1) up to Lollipop (5.1.+).
* Deep integration with franco.Kernel
* Checks for new franco.Kernel versions (with a choice for automatic check once every 24h)
* Auto flash Kernels directly into the device without any user input besides requiring a reboot (which is also automatic by default)
* Download .zips to be flashed in recovery
* Beautiful UI that follows Material Design guidelines
* Interface to change CPU clocks, governor and other interfaces pending Kernel support (undervolt, Hotplug control, GPU control, CPU-Boost control)
* Interface to change the CPU governor parameters
* Backup & Restore Kernels on the fly without any "geek" knowledge
* Custom Kernel settings such as: IO scheduler, IO scheduler tuning, TCP congestion algorithm and options to turn logging off
* A powerful tool called Per-App Profiles which lets you create power profiles for your favourite apps. For example you want maximum CPU frequency when gaming, but low frequency when reading an e-book. With this tool that is possible. Its also very flexible and easy to use!
* A System Monitor with a beautiful UI courtesy of the developer Christian Göllner
* A simple File Manager to flash boot.imgs and Kernel .zips on the go from anywhere inside the sdcard (open, delete and see info about the file)
* Color and Sound control for selected devices pending Kernel support
* CPU temperature available in the notification bar for devices that export the CPU temperature
* Performance Profiles built-in on franco.Kernel (Power-save, Balance and Performance) which you can select with a single touch, no need to mess with settings. Also features a Home screen widget for an easy way to change profiles without going into the app
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures of the app. No warranties of any kind are given. Use your brains, you have them for a reason! :)
WARNING: THIS IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID 4.3+ OR SAMSUNG KNOX DEVICES
What does it do?
It installs the proper files to make init.d scripts in the /system/etc/init.d/ folder run on boot for the device it is installed on. It also has an option to uninstall these files in case the user does not want them anymore.
How can I tell it worked?
Use a Root Explorer-type application and check your ~/system/etc/ for the /init.d/ folder. If it's there, it worked! You can push .sh scripts to that directory and your phone or tablet will run that script on boot from then on, assuming you set the permissions on that script as executable.
What devices will it not work on?
It would be very hard to list every single device and near impossible to test them all. However, this will 100% not work on Intel-based smartphones such as the Motorola RAZR i and the Orange San Diego. This functionality may be added in the future.
This app is Open Source! You can compile it yourself from the github below.
*** NOTE 1: If settings DO NOT appear to stick, make sure "Superuser" is working properly. I recommend SuperSU!
*** NOTE 2: Make sure you have BUSYBOX updated or installed.
If you run into any issues and would like to participate in fixing these issues together with me. Join my beta testing community here:
Let's work together to fix all BUGS!
*** Feel Free to email (firstname.lastname@example.org) me directly for issues and support before commenting with low ratings. Thanks! ***
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) can be found here:
This application OFFICIALLY supports the following ROOTED devices:
* Google Nexus 7 2012/2013, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 5, 9
* HTC One M7/M8, Samsung Galaxy S4/S5, Galaxy Note 3/4
* Oppo Find 5, 7
* Moto G/X 1st/2nd generation
Up Coming Support for:
This application ALSO unofficially supports ALL ROOTED ICS, JB, KK, LP capable devices (Phones and Tablets). This app will works on ALL your other ICS/JB/KK/LP devices!
*** Application Features: ***
> CPU Control:
- Displays CPU core frequencies in real-time
- adjustment of CPU governors
- adjustments of CPU Min/Max frequencies
- mpdecision on/off (Qualcomm devices)
- CPU Quiet Governor (Tegra3 devices)
- Eco Mode (Battery Savings)
> Voltage Control:
- Displays current voltage per frequency
- Tweak CPU voltage (Global/Individual)
- Smart Reflex On/Off (Galaxy Nexus)
> CPU Governor Control: (supports ANY CPU governor!)
- Allows for CPU governor specific tweaks
> GPU Control:
- Displays GPU frequencies in real-time
- selection of available GPU governors (My kernel and Qualcomm Chipsets)
- GPU max frequencies (Qualcomm Chipsets and kernels with GPU Overclocking enabled!)
- GPU V-sync capability (Qualcomm Chipsets ONLY)
> I/O Scheduler Control: (Supports built-in eMMC and SDcard if available)
- Selection of available I/O schedulers
- Tweak read-ahead size
> Low Memory Killer Controls:
- Custom tweaks for LMK
> MDNIE/Gamma controls
> FastCharge Controls:
- Custom Charge current controls
> Miscellaneous Control: (depending on device, not all features are available)
- Dynamic File Sync (faster storage I/O)
- TCP Congestion Algorithm
- USB FastCharge
- WiFi power management
- USB OTG Hack / charge
> Vibration Strength control
- Vibration Strength %
> Sweep2wake control
- Orientation (Nexus 4)
- Button LED (Sensation/Amaze and other HTC devices)
- Home2Wake, Logo2Wake, Home2Sleep, Logo2Sleep (HTC One ONLY)
> Per App Control (Profiles!)
- CPU min/max frequencies, GPU max frequencies, GPU governor and Eco Mode
> Color Control: (Not all features are available for different models)
- Color temperature (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 / S4, HTC One)
- Gamma curve (Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, HTC One, Nexus 7 2013)
- Contrast (Galaxy Nexus ONLY)
- Gamma look up table (Galaxy Nexus ONLY)
- ZRAM Swap On/Off, Disk Size
- Memory adjustments
- CleanCache / Frontswap / Z-RAM (CompCache) Stats
> Thermal Control: (Qualcomm Devices ONLY)
- Disable Qualcomm's thermald/thermal-engine/HTC's pngmgr
- Control built-in Intelli-thermal
- Thermal statistics
> Download Control: (available only for OFFICIAL devices)
- Checks for latest stable kernel and beta kernels
- Social networking links (Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus)
- Kernel Support links (xda-developers and rootzwiki forums)
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by the use of this app. No warranties of any kind are given.
What makes this method really universal is that everything happens on the app side, no system files modifications are required whatsoever. The tool basically emulates the behavior of the init.d kernel mechanism : it will detect whenever the device is rebooted and execute the scripts located in /system/etc/init.d.
With this init.d support granting mechanism comes a kernel-sided init.d support detection mechanism, so that your int.d scripts don't get executed twice, which would only make for a longer boot time. Basically, when you run the test, it will generate a little init.d script which creates a file on your sdcard. Then, after you rebooted, it will check if the file that the generated script creates has indeed been created in order to determine if your kernel already has init.d support built-in. If the file was created, it does. If not, it doesn't, as simple as that.
An additionnal functionnality to this app is the ability to manage, edit, delete & run your init.d scripts with the touch of a button.
You can check-out the source code of this application and contribute to it at : https://github.com/Androguide/Universal-init.d
* FAQ at http://timos.me/tm/faq
* Set on boot, settings lost, frequencies don't stick, MIUI ROM problem,... read FAQ above
* We do not reply to Play Store rating as it only allow rather short message and no record for conversation, please email us for support
* Help us translate the app: http://timos.me/tm/translate
This app requires:
- ROOT and working busybox installation
These devices are officially supported
- GALAXY NEXUS (toro, maguro, toroplus)
- Nexus 7 (grouper) and Nexus 7 3G (tipalia)
- Nexus 7 2013 (flo)
- Nexus 4 (mako)
- Nexus 5 (hammerhead, preliminary support)
- Sony Xperia Z (yuga) and ZL (odin)
- LG Optimus G
- Galaxy SIII with Exynos SOC
- HTC Incredible S (vivo: preliminary support)
- Nexus 10 (preliminary support)
- HTC One X International (endeavoru; preliminary support)
- HTC One M7U and M7UL
- Galaxy SIII with Qualcomm SOC (preliminary support)
Coming to more devices in the future.
Trickster MOD app is a tweaking tool to change various settings included in your kernel and other mods to your phone.
* Trickster MOD has abilities to do the following *
- ADB over WLAN
- Set I/O scheduler, read ahead buffer, CPU scaling governor, min and max CPU speed
- CPU Statistics
- Set Device hostname
- Apply Grace Period (was Bootloop Preventer)
- Frequency Lock
* Donate key will get you following features *
- I/O scheduler advanced control
- Color profile for device with color settings
- CPU Frequency profile
- Voltage profile for some settings
- Sound control for faux's patches
- Advanced gamma control for N4 with faux's patch
- Touch Filter Control for N4 with supported kernels
- Bootloader lock/unlock without fastboot and data wipe for some devices
- Kernel backup/restore on some supported devices
- Launcher shortcuts to some app operations
* Following features depend on kernel support *
- Color for Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 4, contrast and gamma tweaks for Galaxy Nexus
- Generic hotplug
- CPU Temp limit
- Minimal SmartReflex voltage of Core, IVA, and MPU domains
- Nominal SmartReflex voltage for Core, IVA, and MPU domains
- Regulator voltages
- GLaDOS live OC of Core, GPU and MPU
- WIFI mode for screen off (power saving or full speed)
- Vibrator strength
- Headset volume boost
- High performance sound
- Force fast charge
- Battery live extender
- Touch wake and touch wake duration
- fsync control
- Sweep 2 wake
- And more...
This is provided with NO GUARANTY whatsoever. Use your common sense.
*** ROOT IS REQUIRED
*** A CUSTOM KERNEL IS REQUIRED FOR FULL FUNCTIONALITY!
The app will offer you some features without a custom kernel, roughly ~50%.
*** LAUNCH THE APP WITH THE KERNELS DEFAULT SETTINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME
Each section of KControl saves the current settings on first open. Ensure that those are default settings for your kernel.
*** Why does KControl need permission x?
CHECK_LICENSE - to check if the app was bought or pirated
ACCESS_SUPERUSER (Root) - to access kernel specific, write protected, files
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to apply your settings on boot
ACCESS_WIFI_STATE - needed to obfuscate your device id with your mac address (neither can be extracted then)
VIBRATE - test vibrate setting
WAKE_LOCK - TEGRA ONLY: For Screen on/off to apply GPU clocks
*** OFFICIAL SUPPORTED DEVICES:
Nexus 5 (hammerhead)
Nexus 4 (mako)
Nexus 7 (grouper/tilapia)
Nexus 7 (flo/deb)
HTC One X (endeavoru)
HTC One S (ville)
Theoretically this app should work on any msm/tegra3 device. Tegra3 will lack thermal configuration.
Functionality on stock kernels or custom kernels without Bricked features will be limited.
Internal busybox to avoid compatibility issues
Modify CPU frequencies for each CPU (and CPU voltages *1)
Show overall CPU usage and for each CPU
Show current CPU frequencies (current scaling and current min/max)
Show CPU time in state
Generates CPU Usage/Temperature graphs, limited to 10 mins of history, runs in background as long as you left KControl not using Quit or BACK. Pauses for deep sleep. Enable it in Settings.
Show Task-lists sorted by CPU/MEMORY
Allows you to kill tasks
Show Memory overview
Modify Low Memory Killer settings
Show current GPU usage & frequency *2
Modify GPU max clock & frequencies and other settings (msm) for each power level on the fly! *2
Show current temperature
Modify all msm_thermal options & current throttle stats *1
Show current Core status (on/off)
Modify all msm/tegra_mpdecision settings *1
Simple and advanced settings for mpdecision *1
Show mpdecision statistics (how often were my cpus unplugged/hotplugged, how long was each cpu online?) *1
(Support for both mpdecision sysfs versions released by me. Array based and up/down)
Change the scheduler for each device independently
Modify the global scheduler settings & each schedulers settings
Change the governor for each CPU independently
Modify each governors settings
Enabled/Disable Sweep2wake. *1
Enabled/Disable Sweep2sleeponly. *1
Enabled/Disable DoubleTap2wake. *1
Enabled/Disable NVIDIA PRISM (tegra only)
Modify rgb color calibration *1
Modify gamma for red/green/blue *1 (supports: CM's & Faux's gamma control)
Gamma advanced/general view allows you to modify all values
Color/Gamma calibration wizard (with calibration pictures)
Modify all exported settings of sound_control versions >=3 and <3 *1 (supports: Faux's sound control)
Vibration control *1
Displays general info (rom/kernel version, device hardware, board name, etc, etc pp)
Compatibility checker beneath general info
Theme switch (light/dark Holo).
Ability to apply all settings on boot individually
Unit switch to choose between °C and °F
Opens change-logs when clicking on the app's version
Every setting is being saved on first read and can be reset on each page to it's original value.
*1 = needs kernel support
*2 = needs a separate module for your kernel, Bricked-Kernel is delivered with them for quite some time now
KControl will hide unsupported sections.
*** Your favorite kernel isn't 100% supported?
Look here: http://bricked.de/kcontrol_compat.php
## I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE
## This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY
This app has no service or any background execution. It generates a dynamic UI using the config xml provided by "/res/uci.sh config" command and calls the actions defined by the same xml upon user actions.
The same application can be used to configure different kernels if the kernel has support for the interface. An example implementation can be found in the initramfs of Siyah Kernel for S2 ( http://github.com/gokhanmoral/initramfs3 ).
The source code of this app can be found in http://github.com/gokhanmoral/STweaks
WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ON YOUR DEVICE!
I DIDN'T MISSPELL ADIUTOR !
Read the FAQ in the application for further informations
This is fully compatible with:
- Code_Blue Kernel (Nexus 5/Nexus 6)
- M5 Kernel (Xperia Z2/Xperia Z3/Xperia Z3 Compact)
- TGM-Hybrid (Oneplus One/Moto G/Galaxy S2)
(You are not using any kernel mentioned above? Don't worry this app will work on any device!)
An application which manages kernel parameters.
It depends on your kernel which features you can use.
With Kernel Adiutor you can tweak and monitor things like:
CPU (Frequency, Governor)
GPU (Frequency, Governor)
Screen (Color Calibration [RGB], Gamma)
Wake controls (DT2W, S2W)
Sound (Faux Sound)
Battery (Fast Charge)
Kernel Samepage Merging
Low Memory Killer (Minfree settings)
Virtual Memory (ZRAM)
Build prop Editor
Recovery (Flash, Wipe)
and a lot more... (check it out, keep in mind that only supported things will appear on your phone!)
Features which aren't supported by your device won't show up in the first place.
This Application is open source!
Help me translating this application!
You want to support me?
Tired of waiting for an update? New features every day! Join beta testing now.
For more information please visit XDA developers. [http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2413721]
- Fine control of Kernel parameters.
- No ads.
- A rooted phone with CoCore Kernel 9.0+.
- A latest version of Busybox.
- On Boot Intent but no init.d support for now.
- Add support for more Device/Android versions.
Tested only on Samsung Galaxy Advance with CoCore Kernel 9.0+
- Samsung Galaxy Advance (GT-I9070 - JB Only with CoCore 9.0+ Kernel)
If this application fails on devices not listed above please DO NOT rate it bad.
Please do not use this app thoughtless or without DEEPER knowlege of Android (Root, Custom Recovery, etc.)
This app flashes and backups your device recovery and kernel without rebooting it very fast and easy without a PC or any outside influence.
This app have over 3500 build-in recovery collection of images (ClockworkMod/TWRP/PhilZ) also you are able to flash unlisted images from external or internal storage.
Rashr is able to flash over 90% of all Android devices!
This project is fully open-source and.
★Open-Source (on GitHub: https://github.com/dslnexus/Rashr)
★OpenRecovery Script manager to flash ZIPs
★Over 3500 Build-in Recoveries (ClockworkMod/Touch, Team Win Recovery Project and PhilZ-Touch)
★Flash Kernel and Recoveries without PC
★Flash already downloaded IMGs from internal and external storage
★Backup Kernel and Recovery IMGs without PC
★Full command logging for more control what this App is doing
★If you don't want to support my work you are able to disable the Ads
★Free full app without Ads and any restrictions
★Support my Work only if you want (with Ads or In-App donations)
----- App-Permission and why Rashr need it -----
-Read and write on external storage: save recoveries images or read already downloaded images
-Full network access: download recoveries, kernel and updates
-Google Play billing: donations over Google Play
-[Superuser-App]Full access to all functions of the device: Flashing recoveries and kernel
Be safe and backup everything either to local storage or cloud storage with automatic syncing!
If you don't know where to get your recovery files, just download directly from this app!
1 - Flash boot and recovery .img without even needing to go to recovery.
2 - Flash zip files. Option to wipe cache, dalvik and data when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
3 - Download and flash CWM, Philz, TWRP, Gapps, Franco Kernel, Stock Nexus Kernel (premium), and Stock Nexus Recovery (premium).
4 - Automatic Loki Patch when needed.
5 - Full nandroid backups/restores when using TWRP or Philz recovery.
6 - Backup/Restore kernel and recovery using Sdcard or cloud (Dropbox, Box (premium) or Google Drive (premium)).
7 - Automatic cloud synchronisation of backups between devices and desktops.
8 - Keep track of recently flashed items.
9 - Flash multiple files and build your flash queue.
11 - Flash from anywhere! Do you want to flash from your favorite File Explorer or Email app? No biggie, that also works together with Flashify.
This app is free but has a limit of 3 flashes per day. You can unlock the limit with a quick in-app payment.
Root required for this application!
The fastest, most trusted, and #1 BusyBox installer and uninstaller!
Over 10 million installs and over 50,000 5 Star ratings!
Support for arm and intel based devices, mips support coming soon. (I need a mips device)
Mentioned in the new XDA-Developers book "XDA Developers' Android Hacker's Toolkit: The Complete Guide to Rooting, ROMs and Theming"
Winner of best Utility Software award for Android via Handster.
This is the only installer that is ad free and requires no internet permission!
The source for this application can be found here: https://code.google.com/p/busybox-android/
Featured on the BusyBox website at: http://busybox.net/products.html
The BusyBox source code can be found here: http://git.busybox.net/busybox/
A must have for any rooted phone! Almost EVERY rooted applications needs BusyBox to perform their magic, if you have a rooted phone then you need BusyBox.
Pro version contains Backup feature (for safer installs), uninstall feature, Advance Smart install feature, the ability to hand pick the applets you want, safety check for missing applets on start, and better overall support. The pro version will receive more frequent updates than the free version will.
Please note I did not write BusyBox! I wrote this installer and cross compiled BusyBox for Android. Please see the about menu option for more details or here: www.BusyBox.net
BusyBox is a software application that provides many standard Unix tools, much like the larger (but more capable) GNU Core Utilities. BusyBox is designed to be a small executable for use with the Linux kernel, which makes it ideal for use with embedded devices. It has been self-dubbed "The Swiss Army Knife of Embedded Linux".
Leave this installed if you always want to get the latest version of busybox!
EX Kernel Manager gives you total control over your device. Beautifully designed and optimized for ease of use. Works with all kernels and devices. Fully compatible with ElementalX Kernels.
-Battery Monitor: Keep track of battery stats such as screen on time and idle drain
-CPU Times: Show frequency usage and deep sleep, sort by frequency or usage
-Update or Install ElementalX Kernel on Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 9, HTC One m7, HTC One m8 and HTC One m9.
-Kernel Backup (on Nexus devices): save and restore kernel backups
-CPU Settings: Max freq, min freq, governor, CPU boost, hotplugging, thermal control
-Voltage control (requires kernel support)
-Graphics Settings: Max freq, min freq, governor
-Color Control (requires kernel support): RGB controls, saturation, value, contrast and hue, save and apply custom profiles.
-Gesture Options (on supported devices): sweep2wake, doubletap2wake, sweep2sleep, haptic feedback, camera button, wake timeout and more
-Sound Control (requires kernel support)
-Misc Settings: i/o scheduler, readahead, fsync, USB fastcharge, TCP congestion algorithm, last kernel log, magnetic cover control and more!
Please read the introduction for requirements at https://github.com/AndreiLux/Synapse/wiki (For developers).
Community group on Google+ available here: https://plus.google.com/communities/108137360526908770337
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE CONTROLS EXPOSED IN THIS APP ARE PART OF THE KERNEL/ROM. THE APP ITSELF DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ON ITS OWN, BUT IS BUT A INTERFACE TO THOSE CONTROLS.
"No UCI support detected" means that your kernel and ROM don't support the app.
RATE IT ACCORDINGLY.