The latest Amazon update for the Fire TV 4K (newest 3rd gen model) did break the connectivity between Apps2Fire and the Fire TV. This affects only the latest update to Fire OS 22.214.171.124 on the new Fire TV 4K. Even the first version of Fire TV 4K 3rd gen worked and other Fire TV's like Fire TV stick or Fire TV Box (1st & 2nd gen) still work fine.
At the moment I'm investigating what changed on Amazon Fire TV 4K with the latest update to Fire OS 126.96.36.199. Bad Reviews with one star will not speed up this process :-) Thanks and happy 2018 to everyone !
Maybe you can't find your favorite app on your FireTV. With this app "Apps2Fire" (Apps to Fire) you can upload every Android application from your mobile phone or tablet to your Fire TV or Fire TV stick.
You only have to enable the developer options on your fire tv and enter the fire tv ip address in Apps2Fire.
Sideloading uses the Fire TV's developer options as described in the help section of Apps2Fire. Developer options are sometimes unreliable so be patient with it. If you are facing problems disable and re-enable the developer options on the Fire TV and frequently restart Fire TV.
- Push apps from the mobile to the Fire TV
- Launch apps on the Fire TV
- Download apps from the Fire TV to your mobile
- Uninstall apps from the Fire TV
- Upload files (.apk, .jpg, .mp4,...) from your sd card to the Fire TV
- Rename files on Fire TV's sd card
- Make Screenshots from Fire TV screen
- Scanner for devices
- Pause and restart fire tv