Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file and now backup and restore hosts files. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
The Gold (paid) version has the same feature set as the free version. This is a way to donate back.
The backup files are stored in XMl format defined as follows:
Hosts manager application helping developers willing to modify their /etc/hosts (/system/etc/hosts) file easily.
This could be very useful if you need to test your app on a specific server via its IP.
Apps having root access are critical and their sources should be available.
This app is 100% free and the source code is available on GitHub!
* Best Hosts Editor app on the Play Store
* Blazing fast
* Holo theme
* Android 2.2 and above
* Free and Open Source!
* Support symlinks
* No ads
* Compatible IPv6
Hosts Editor is a way to add, remove or comment out entries in the hosts file. The hosts file allows the user to override an IP address of a specific url. It is convenient when wanting to access computers or servers on a network where the internal NAT may not be working.
Because it does edit the hosts file root permission is required.
This is has the same functionality as the Gold version. The Gold version is just a way to donate.
This app will allow you to edit, delete and create entries on the hosts file in your Android phone with root!
The hosts file is a computer file used by an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses. The hosts file is one of several system facilities that assists in addressing network nodes in a computer network. It is a common part of an operating system's Internet Protocol (IP) implementation, and serves the function of translating human-friendly hostnames into numeric protocol addresses, called IP addresses, that identify and locate a host in an IP network.
If you dont know what root is check this out : androidcentral.com/root
Some cool features :
* New app design!, it's pleasant to use and beautiful to watch!
* Blazing fast!, this app is fast, almost no wait when loading and saving your host file!
* Search integrated!, no addons, no in-app purchases, the search option it's full featured since the first day!
* Backups!, it allows you make backups, substitute and append new hosts files to your actual hostfile!
* No ads and funky permissions!, We believe that providing clear use of permissions and keeping the privacy of our users its mandatory.
Thanks for downloading!
This app provides the users to view the host file content, and used to validate the local DNS mapping for their correctness.
The app is still in development phase, sooner update will be rolled out for editing, backing up, sharing hosts files.
This is a new version of the popular "Android Terminal Emulator" application. Same great program, just with a new name.
+ Full Linux terminal emulation.
+ Multiple windows.
+ Launcher short cuts.
+ UTF-8 text. (Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Thai, etc.)
+ Completely free. No ads, no in-app-purchases, no nag screens, nothing.
+ If you are having trouble entering text, try installing the free "Hacker's Keyboard IME". (Especially if you have a Samsung or HTC device.)
+ This app isn't a game emulator.
+ This app won't help you root your phone or change your phone's IMEI.
+ You need to know (or be willing to learn) how to use the Linux command line to use this app.
+ You may want to install a set of command line utilities like "Busy Box" or "Debian chroot" in order to add commands beyond the commands that come built into your Android device.
+ If you get a -505 error when trying to install this app under Android 5.0, it means that some other app is using the same permissions. You will have to uninstall the other app in order to install Terminal Emulator for Android. (People tell me that "jrummy's Toolbox Pro" causes this problem.)
Want to know more about Terminal Emulator for Android?
Join the G+ community: #Android Terminal Emulator
Or check out the documentation wiki:
Want to add or improve a translation of Terminal Emulator for Android? See https://github.com/jackpal/Android-Terminal-Emulator/wiki/Translating-to-Other-Languages for instructions.
the status of any devices(on the Network or Internet) by sending ping request.
- ping monitor
- tools(traceroute,port scanner,whois,network info,ping)
- scan ip network for active hosts.
- export/Import host list to external storage.
- easy to use
- cute and simple interface
Wonderful plugin for popular OpenVPN clients.
Enable you to find and import FREE open VPN servers from Internet for OpenVPN clients.
Increase their availability to easily UNBLOCK blocked sites like Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc.
Encrypt the data, Protect your privacy, Bypass firewall, Hide your public ip, nobody know where are you from.
** Comments from Users**
"Before this app came I used to ignore the parent app the open vpn connect. Now, together these apps beats every vpn app in the market both free and paid ones." -- Satheesh Kumar
*** IMPORTANT ***
- It is a plugin, so does NOT work standalone!
- Designed for co-working with "OpenVPN Connect", "OpenVPN for Android", and "OpenVPN Settings".
- For Android4.0 and upper, suggest to install the official OpenVPN client "OpenVPN Connect", for which we provide specific feature.
- Of cause, you can use "OpenVPN for Android". Support import ovpn profiles, but can't clean them quickly.
- For Android2.x and 3.x, suggest to install "OpenVPN Settings" (need root the phone). Support import ovpn profiles.
- All servers are from Internet, so we can't make sure each of them be available, so need you to try one by one patiently. One tap version is in plan, but need more time to develop.
*** HOW TO USE ***
1. Install the app and "OpenVPN Connect"
2. Open the app, and click the refresh button, then waiting for server list
3. Click one server, the ovpn profile import screen will be started, click the "Accept" button
4. In the "OpenVPN Connect" main screen, click "Connect" button
5. If you are lucky, you will get a VPN connection.
6. If the server can't be reached, please repeat steps: 3 - 4
*** HOW TO REMOVE ALL OVPN PROFILES QUICKLY ***
As time goes on, lots of OVPN profiles are obsoleted. The app provides option to clean the profiles quickly. Click the "Ovpn" button, the App Info page of OpenVPN Connect will come out, then you can click "Clear Data" button to clear all its profiles.
*** SUPPORTING DEVICES ***
- Supports 2.x, 4.x OS
- But NO for devices for lacking of TUN module in kernel (Please try "TUN.ko installer")
*** LANGUAGES ***
- Chinese Simplified
- Chinese Traditional
More languages will be supported, if you'd like to help to transfer, and show your name in the thanks, please send us email.
*** GET SUPPORT ***
If you have a problem when using the app, please use the Feedback function inside the app or Send us Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try our best to help you.
If the app helps you and you like it, please rate Excellent for us. If it makes you unhappy, please kindly let us know why. THANKS.
If you find bugs, please kindly report them to us.
100%Totally Free PPTP VPN For Android,WinPC,Mac,IOS and All Platforms! Enjoy It!
** No registration required, no settings required
1.No speed limitation, no bandwidth limitation up to 8Mb/s
2.No Rooted Required
4.Fully encrypted connection
5.Protecting your privacy
6.Hiding your real IP address
7.Get Server And Password For Your WinPC,Mac,IOS,Linux and all Platforms. Totally Cross Platforms;
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
The application does not use the USB Host API, so it can also run on older, 2.x devices. Because of that however almost all functionality (except for the listing of USB devices) requires root (superuser) access, and a recent version of busybox installed!
The application needs a device that has USB Host (or USB OTG) functionality. Most modern high-end devices have this ability. Check the documentation and specification of your device (this functionality is usually called USB OTG or USB Host)
If your device doesn't have native USB OTG functionality, there are kernel patches for some older devices to enable the functionality, most notably for:
- S5PC210 (Hummingbird) based Samsung phones (Galaxy S, Captivate, Nexus S)
- QSD8250 (Snapdragon) based HTC phones (G1, Nexus One, Desire, Incredible)
You can find appropriate kernel drivers for these phones here:
- Hummingbird / Samsung phones: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1450298
- Snapdragon / HTC phones: http://sven.killig.de/android/N1/2.2/usb_host/
Note that these drivers might require skills to install, and may damage your phone and void your warranty!
More info about this application at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1468531
This network monitoring tool supports various check types: TCP Ping and ICMP Echo, HTTP Get and running custom remote scripts. In last case tool can check answer for a specified word or phrase. HTTP Head request (for code 200) also supported.
Host Monitor interface supports notifications, widget, sound and LED indication. You can specify a terms for notify - e.g. always, or only if errors, or if status changed, etc. App can save, show and export logs in various formats, and provides statistics feature.
Tool interface supports both phone and tablet mode - you can set preferred layout mode in preferences.
Please feel free to send all bugs and feature requests via email.
1. Provide free vpn servers. helping you free access to restricted sites such as: Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Google, Instagram, Line and so on.
2. Keep your mobile activities safe & private. encrypt your Internet surfing data, protect your privacy.
2. Servers grouped by countries, So you can select the country you want to connect easily.
3. High strength encryption
4. Unlimited vpn bandwidth
1. Install this application, while install "OpenVPN Connect"
2. Open the application will display a list of servers
3. Click on one item, will enter ovpn profile import interface, click on "Accept" button
4. In the "OpenVPN Connect" main screen, click on the "Connect" button
5. After the vpn connection is established successfully, indicate that any of your internet access will be encrypted
6. If the selected server is unable to connect successfully, repeat steps 3-4 until success
All servers are gathered from vpngate project, see: http: //www.vpngate.com
Free accounts monthly quota is 10GB.
Unblock Internet Censorship
Unblock Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, ITV Player, BBC, Skype, Pandora and more blocked sites in your school, workplace/office or geografic regions.
Protects Your Anonymity
Hide your ip with ZPN and create barrier between you and visited pages. Your location and informations hidden from the trackers. ZPN will make sure that your online presence cannot be intercepted, monitored and recorded by your internet service provider, company, school or government.
Connect From Anywhere
When connected from WiFi Hotspot, your data will be secured and encrypted, keeping all your personal details private.
Encrypts Your Connection
ZPN free VPN secures your online information such as credit cards, online account details such as passwords and usernames, online banking details and other sensitive information.
Check out our website for more informations: https://zpn.im
ZPN is the best VPN for UK, USA, Germany, Canada, Switzerland, Australia and Brazil with gigabit network of VPN servers with load balancing functions.
New SSL VPN option is the best way to access internet secure and private in China, Iran, UAE, Indonesia, Oman and Pakistan. These countries blocks the internet using Deep Packet Inspection.
What do we offer to all accounts?
• OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec Protocol Support
• Unlimited Country Change
• Easy To Use Applications
• No Traffic Logging
• No Private Information Share
• No Advertisements
• NAT Firewall
Why do you have to pay for premium?
• Unlimited Bandwidth
• Use in 3 Device (On your phone , pc and tablet at the same time)
• Unlimited Data Transfer
• Premium Locations
• P2P and VoIP Allowed
If you have any questions send us an email to email@example.com or open ticket from our website with the details regarding your issue.
Did you like OpenVPN Connect? If yes, then you certainly need this app, it makes finding and connecting a lot easier and faster.
There is no need to find VPN servers by yourself, you don't need to manage .ovpn profiles, this app does this for you.
Why use VPN? It helps you protect your privacy, it encrypts your traffic and hides your IP address.
* It's a plugin, you will need to install OpenVPN Connect
* All servers are found over Internet, so we can't guarantee that all of them are available