With this augmented reality app you can explore the Kulturforum Berlin and its museums in an interactive way. Your Future Walk begins when Andrea, a museum curator from the year 2261, contacts you via the stolen anti-telephone. Join him on his secret mission!
In the future, knowledge about the past has been destroyed and the Kulturforum has been reclaimed by nature. Interesting new plants grow where the artworks used to be. It is your task to find the museum objects that have been lost in Andrea's time. Together you unlock exciting background information.
You decide when and where to start. Do you want to go to the Gemäldegalerie, the Musikinstrumenten-Museum or the Kunstgewerbemuseum? Maybe you want to take a walk through the streets of the Kulturforum first. You decide order and pace. After you have explored all four areas, your Future Walk ends and you will find out whether the anti-telephone is a curse or a blessing.
How does it work?
1. Download the app for free.
2. You can start the Future Walk anywhere.
3. Choose the museum you want to visit first: Gemäldegalerie, Kunstgewerbemuseum, Musikinstrumenten-Museum or Kulturforum (outdoor area).
4. Go to the Kulturforum Berlin and get a ticket for your museum visit. The app also offers a free tour through the streets of the Kulturforum.
5. Enjoy the walk, take a pause and come back whenever you want to continue the experience. Each tour lasts between 45 minutes and an hour or longer - depending on your own pace.
Tickets to the Future Walk museums and further information
The most important features at a glance:
- Audio track and chat communication with Andrea
- Augmented Reality shows hidden information
- Content is automatically triggered depending on the location in the museum via Bluetooth beacons or outside via GPS.
- Audio description of the spoken text is available
- More in-depth information about the objects is offered on extra detail pages.
- No personal data is stored by the app.
- Languages available: German and English
Please send your suggestions and criticism to email@example.com.
About the project:
This app is part of the project museum4punkt0 - Digital Strategies for the Museum of the Future, sub-project "(De-)Coding Culture. Cultural Competence in Digital Space". Further information: www.museum4punkt0.de
The project museum4punkt0 is funded by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media in accordance with a resolution issued by the German Bundestag (Parliament of the Federal Republic of Germany).