The Arduino Bluetooth Joystick comes to help in the implementation and usability of their prototypes, allowing your Android smartphone becomes a control. With this you will be free of extra spending to the development or purchase of wireless controllers, just by using the application.
The application has been tested with the Bluetooth module HC-05 and HC-06 both available at various online shopping sites, costing less than $ 10 each.
Vídeo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGccTmJeQ0
Code - http://felipeporge.com/files/ArduinoExtras.rar
How to use:
Each botton sends a character or string. You can customize all the buttons to send the best data for your project. You also can send the accelerometer data.
This is still the first version of the application.
PLEASE IF YOU FIND ANY FAILURE OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT U.S. THROUGH E-MAIL email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Root Access required with the latest SuperSU.
v.1.2.8 and up fixes the uinput issue. All Samsung users facing the uinput issue please update to v. 1.2.8
Announcement : Mails seeking for support should include Order Number from now onwards. Failing which the mail will simply be ignored.
Join the Game Controller 2 Touch Community to become a Beta tester : http://goo.gl/t6H4nh
App Discussion Page : http://goo.gl/cFJVFO
Instructions for IPEGA BT Controller : http://goo.gl/AVPG6S
Frequently Asked Questions : http://goo.gl/7WxBjv
Greenrobotgamer.com : 8.7 out of 10.
Gameplay on Note 10.1 with Nyko PlayPad Pro : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oy7dqzpIxE
Gameplay on Shield: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GezYsR1dGM
NEW : With the addition of Universal Touch Screen Driver the app is now compatible with All Tablets, Phones, Android Smart TV's, Android TV Sticks,Mini PC's(e.g Minix Neo X7),Android Consoles(e.g Ouya).
Tested Devices List: http://goo.gl/IvQder
Tested Game Controllers:-
Green Throttle Atlas
Mad Catz Controller
Wired PS4 Dual Shock 4
Wired Xbox 360 Controller
nVidia Shield's Gamepad
Wired PS4 & PS3 Controllers
All Moga Controllers including the New Moga Pro Power and Hero Power[HID MODE].
Logitech Dual Action & F710
Some Fake Dual Shock 3.
This is a Small list of some of the renowned Game Controllers compatible. This is NOT a COMPLETE list of All Compatible Gamepads. In General all Bluetooth/ USB Controllers are compatible.
Currently incompatible with the Wireless Xbox 360 Controller & Moga Pocket.
• A Simple and Easy to use UI- Very easily configurable.
•Support for All Generic Gamepads/Joysticks,as well as renowned Controllers such as DualShock 4, Xbox 360 Controller, Dual Shock 3, Moga Pro.
•A Touch Profile System which is very easy to manage-Allows you to make separate Touch Profiles for each game.
•Multi-Touch Emulation of upto 10 Simultaneous touch points On-Screen on ANY device.
•An Intricate but Simplified Touch Profile Editor with Reference background support.
•An Exclusive 8-Direction Swipe System - Use Controller buttons as Swipe/Drag On-Screen.
•Works with emulators e.g. Reicast, PPSSPP , FPSE, Drastic, N64oid , Mame4Droid, etc .
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates and news : https://twitter.com/therealAnkitC
All game content present in the screenshots are property of their respective owners.
All trademarks are property of their respective holders.
[Credits to Fabian Cruz a.k.a Uber for the new graphics]
[Credits to wwjoshdew for the Tutorial video.]
• Play console games anywhere
• Control emulators on your TV, Tablet, or Phone
• Supports up to 4 players
• Use Bluetooth or Wifi to connect your devices
• Download new controllers or create your own with BT Controller Editor
1. Open BT Controller on the device that will run the emulator
2. Click Start Host
3. Follow the directions to enable the BT Controller Keyboard and then activate it
4. Open BT Controller on the next device that will be used to control the emulator
5. Press connect and then select the Host device
6. Open an emulator on the Host device
7. Use the emulator settings to map the BT Controller buttons to the emulators buttons
Instructions can also been seen on youtube
USB host is a very powerful feature of recent Android based smartphones and tablets, but on many firmwares (both stock and custom) the feature is somewhat broken.
For example, at launch the Galaxy Nexus told all the apps and the Market that it supported USB host, but USB host did not actually work (this was fixed in the Android 4.0.2 update). This broke several apps.
That is just one example of many. There are even cases where OEMs advertise USB host support, but the device does not support it at all. It appears as if USB host support isn't tested by Google or the OEMs when they push out new firmwares and devices at all.
As we cannot depend on Google or the OEMs to correctly provide information regarding USB host support, and the Android framework will regularly lie about it to both the Market as well as Android apps, this application was created so you can test your device's USB host capabilities for yourself.
If you allow it, the app will also submit your results to my website, so together we can create a complete database of devices and firmwares and their USB host support.
This tool may also come in handy for those porting firmwares.
- Android 2.3.1 or newer
- (Optional) Root
- USB OTG cable (unless your device has a fullsize USB port)
- USB memory stick, or another USB device to test the connection with
The result database is available here:
The discussion thread on XDA-Developers can be found here:
Not all devices are supported, therefore it is strongly recommended that you try the Sixaxis Compatibility Checker (available for free on Google Play) before purchasing this app.
Finally the wait is over... The ultimate gaming experience awaits! Now you can play games on your phone the way they were meant to be played! Sixaxis Controller allows you to use the following controllers in many of your favourite games and applications:
DualShock® 3 Wireless Controller
PlayStation® Move Navigation Controller
DualShock® 4 Wireless Controller (If pairing on a PC, you must use SixaxisPairTool 0.3.0+)
*** IMPORTANT ***
- ROOT access is required!!!
- Due to the way pairing is done with the controllers, you need to manually pair your controller with the PC utility 'SixaxisPairTool' (available on the website) and a mini-USB cable. Android 3.1+ users can also pair directly on their devices via USB.
- It is highly recommended that you use an ORIGINAL controller. Many after market controllers will not work with this app. If you get a 'Client connected: 1' message, but the lights on your controller continue to flash, it is almost certainly not an original Sony controller.
- The fake controllers that are most likely to work (though not guaranteed) are those made by Gasia. If you bought a fake that works but isn't made by Gasia, I'd love to hear from you so I can compile a list of known working controllers.
- Be sure to read the instructions in the help menu carefully.
- Up to four Sixaxis, DualShock 3, DualShock 4 and Navigation controllers supported at once.
- Support as a native gamepad in Android 3.1+ devices. Full support for analog sticks and analog triggers.
- Keyboard emulation. Map all buttons and sticks to almost any key available in Android.
- Mouse emulation. Configure a button to activate the mouse pointer on devices that support mice (most tablets, and many phones should work).
- Touch emulation allows you to map buttons and analog sticks to the screen. Play all your favourite games with full analog support, even those without built-in controller support!
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Sony Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. All trademarks are property of their respective holders.
For assistance, full instructions and FAQ, visit our website at http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com
If you experience any issue please contact developer at firstname.lastname@example.org
General purpose mapping tools tailor-made for playing games. With this app, you can play keyboard/gamepad-only games with touchscreen, play touch-only games with physical gamepad/keyboard/mouse, play gamepad-only games with normal keyboard, or enter cheat code to supported games.
1. onscreen gamepad with:
- multi-touch (depends on device and OS)
- 4/8-way d-pad, up to 12 game buttons, 2 analog sticks
- resizable and customizable buttons layout
- fully configurable buttons mappings
2. re-map physical keys
3. save key/button mappings to profiles
4. full qwerty keyboard
5. create macro to perform autofire, combo keys, action sequence, and text input with single button hit
6. emulate Touchscreen action, even work with devices with no touchscreen (e.g. Android TV Box) (need root)
7. emulate real Analog Joystick (need root, and OS joystick support)
8. emulate Virtual Mouse (need root)
IMPORTANT: Make sure SELinux is disabled when using root-only features on Android 4.3+ devices
This app allow user to control games with:
- Mouse (need root)
- BluezIME-compatible BlueTooth keyboard/controller
- OS-compatible BlueTooth keyboard/controller (e.g. keyboard/controller connected to OS 4.2 as HID device) *
- OS-compatible USB keyboard/controller *
- virtual controller emulated from 3rd party tools (e.g. Moga Universal Driver system-mode, Sixaxis bypass-ime mode) *
- Xperia Play touchpad in Gingerbread (need root)
- built-in gamepad of various gaming devices
* reading analog input requires root access unless connecting controller through BluezIME
This app is originally provided as an add-on for our emulators, but now works with many other apps. Not all apps are compatible, so please test during the trial period.
For best compatibility we recommend using BluezIME-compatible controllers when physical controller is needed. Some compatibility issues can be solved with the help of root features, please contact us when having problem.
How to call up GameKeyboard
- enable "Settings->Use HotKey" then use [Vol. Up]/[Mouse Middle] as hotkey
- enable "Settings->Use Hotspot" then tap on hotspot screen corner
Limitation of Standalone Mode
At the moment Qwerty is not supported and unwanted key/button input may not be filtered. Please switch back to Soft Keyboard mode or email us when having problem.
To user of original GameKeyboard
Thanks for your support, we are very sorry that we can no longer update the the original version. If you find this app useful, please purchase this version.
All mentioned game titles and screenshots are property of relevant companies. We are not affiliated with the developers or publishers of these games.
With this app you can create touch profiles for DroidMote in very simple way.
The touch profiles are compatible with DroidMote Server for Android, for Windows and for Linux.
You can map the software gamepad of DroidMote or any other hardware controller (bluetooth, wireless or wired).
DroidMote Client sends the commands received from an hardware controller to the DroidMote Server.
It is understood that the hardware controller must already work on your client device regardless of DroidMote Client.
The touch profiles created with the app "Touch Profile Creartor" will be loaded into DroidMote Client.
DroidMote Client, via the touch profile loaded, turns your hardware controller commands into actions touch on the remote device where you installed DroidMote Server.
Watch this video for an example: http://youtu.be/BM6W3Dq_yqQ?t=2m3s
Load the screenshot of your game
Map the buttons
Load the touch profile created in DroidMote Client
Enjoy the remote game with your hardware controller
After the controller is enabled you can use it with games and mapping tools which support native controller (e.g. GTA, Dead Trigger, Shadow Gun, GameKeyboard).
NOT ALL DEVICES AND AFTERMARKET CONTROLLERS ARE SUPPORTED, AND ONLY WORK WHEN CABLE IS CONNECTED.
If it is working with your device please share the information in comments, otherwise please get a refund and report to email@example.com.
1. The #1 reason for failure is an incorrect/incompatible cable, if the app cannot detect the controller please go through the troubleshooting section.
2. Another common problem is insufficient power provided by the device, in this case an external powered USB Hub is needed.
3. Finally, incompatibility mainly come from lacking Sixaxis support from Firmware, without rooting the only solution is waiting for a Firmware updated.
General Troubleshooting Tips
1. make sure your PS3 controller is working with the USB cable properly, when plugging into a PC, windows should detect and add it as new gamepad although windows won't response to button press.
2. make sure your OTG cable is working with your device, test with an USB keyboard/mouse if possible
3. make sure nearby PS3 (or any other devices you have paired with the the controller) is powered off, otherwise the controller may try to connect with those device through Bluetooth instead.
4. if you have ever installed any other apps which can work with PS3 controller directly, you may need to uninstall them.
These devices are reported as WORKING:
- Nexus 7 2012/2013
- Nexus 5
- Nexus 10
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3/4
- Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Original/2014
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab3 8.0
- LG G2/G3
- LG G Pad 8.3
- Motorola XOOM
- Minix Neo X5
- (Try other devices and let us know your result)
These devices are reported as NOT WORKING out of box
Stock Firmware lacks Sixaix support, you may give it another try after Firmware updated.
- HTC One M7/M8 (non-Google Edition)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0
- Moto G (non-Google Edition)
- Moto X
Note that the Beta version of the PC software will also be required to use all the new features - firstly uninstall the old PC software, then go to digitalsquid.co.uk and click on "DroidPad 2.0 Beta".
DroidPad lets you use your phone as a PC joystick, mouse or slideshow presenter.
Once set up, simply connect your phone via Wifi / USB, press Start, and play any PC game, control your mouse or play a slideshow.
Available for Windows (currently only 32-bit) and Ubuntu Linux.
Controls direction and speed and can show a measure of distance to the nearest object.
It can control robot arm
Bluetooth terminal also included (for debug purposes)
Designed to control the Starter Kit V2.0 Makeblock, but you can control any other device.
:: Configurable camera URLs
:: Joystick Modes: Default & Simple Modes or use your orientation sensor.
:: Provides both direction and acceleration to give you complete control (default joystick).
:: Display sensor and other data from robot / microcontroller.
:: Up to 8 additional commands.
:: Configurable Bluetooth connections & packet interval.
:: Supports most microcontrollers.
:: Sample Arduino Sketches provided (below link).
:: Small device screen size friendly (optimal on tablets or large phones).
Technical Stuff - There are two joystick modes:
:: Default Joystick Mode:
Moving the ball around generates X+/- and Y +/- which can be used to interpret both velocity and direction. These are packaged and sent in the following format: sX=val,Y=vale i.e. sX=75,Y=55e where 's' indicates the start and 'e' indicates the end. In this mode, when you press a Command Button, values are sent in the following format: sC=[val]e (i.e. For Command #2 sC=2e is sent) where 's' indicates the start, 'C' indicates it is a command button, '2' is the value that you want to parse and 'e' indicates the end. These values can be parsed to have your robot move and perform additional tasks. (sample Arduino code provided at link below)
:: Simple Joystick Mode:
Tap arrows to generate single character values depending on the arrow you tapped (i.e. the top arrow sends U). Values generated are: U (up), D (down), L (left), R (right). Tapping the center of the joystick sends an S value (stop). Tapping any of the command value sends the respective command number. i.e. tapping Command Button 3, sends 3. In this mode, your micro-controller code can be simplified as need only parse single character values.In this mode, when you press a Command Button, values are sent as single characters in the value of the Command Button. i.e. If you press Command Button 3, the value 3 is sent. (sample Arduino code provided at link below)
:: Other Stuff:
Lite Version: This version has all the features of the Pro version. However, Bluetooth data will be sent as '9's. i.e. 'sX=9,Y=9e' and 'sC=9e' (or 9's in Simple Joystick mode) which will provide you with enough to determine if this app is right for you. The Pro version has full functionality enabled, and can be yours for less than the cost of a coffee.
Note: Orientation sensor joystick mode may not work on all devices. Screen re-sizing may have issues on very small phones.
There are many affordable Bluetooth modules available on various auction and overseas sites. Details can be found at the below URL. If you have any suggestions or feature requests, I would like to hear them. If you like BT Bot Control, please rate it.
Update: WiFI Bot Control is now available. Control your robots like you do in BT Bot Control, but over WiFi!
More information, sample Arduino code etc. http://www.plastibots.com/index.php/2013/03/07/btbotcontrol/
Serial BT Control is an Android application to send commands over a serial connection with a Bluetooth device, using the Serial Port Profile (SPP).
Serial BT Control is an open source project! :)
Check the repository at https://github.com/BandTec/SerialBTControl
Portions of this software are based on the following open source projects:
LEGO-MINDSTORMS-MINDdroid, available at: https://github.com/NXT/LEGO-MINDSTORMS-MINDdroid
FPlayAndroid, available at: https://github.com/carlosrafaelgn/FPlayAndroid
This projected is licensed under the terms of the GPLv3. See http://gplv3.fsf.org for more details.
Recommend to check compatibility with An2An Remote (Demo) before purchase.
Please contact us for any problem (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Turn your wired controller into an wireless controller.
- If you have a phone with built-in game controller (e.g. Xperia Play, Nvidia Shield, Droid X360, JXD S5110, Yinlips G18A), you don't need to buy controller for other devices.
- When the target device cannot connect to a game controller directly (e.g. no OTG, Firmware unsupported, unrooted), you can use another compatible device as a "bridge".
- An2An Remote (Demo) 3.0.0+ (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.an2an.demo)
- Transmitter devices with OS which supports analog joystick (typically OS 3.1+ devices)
- Rooted Receiver device with OS which supports analog joystick (typically OS 3.1+ devices)
1. Install and setup An2An Remote
2. Install An2An Joystick to Transmitter device, restart transmitter app if running.
3. Enable "Use Root Features" on Receiver device, and grant root permission.
4. Connect An2An Remote normally and start using.
This is NOT a bluetooth keyboard driver, it ONLY supports the devices listed above.
Analog input is supported but requires that the app you are using BluezIME with also supports it. Some of the major emulators support BluezIME analog input, setup your controller inside the emulator app instead of through the BluezIME interface if possible. If your favorite app does not support BluezIME analog input, please write the publishers and ask for it!
Confirmed to work with almost all devices from HTC, Samsung and Motorola.
Reported NOT working with any LG device with stock ROM:
1) Enable BluezIME (Settings, Language and Keyboard)
2) Select the device to use, and the device type
3) Turn on the Game Pad
4) Select BluezIME as the input method
You only need to perform step 1+2 for the first use.
This application does not use root access.
Check to see if it is possible to configure the controller from inside the app you want to use the controller with. If this is possible, it is the recommended way to do so. In this case you do not need to perform the steps above.
If you need help, go to the project homepage and create an issue. I cannot respond to messages left in comments. If you simply cannot create an issue, drop me a line: email@example.com
If you want Wiimote, iCade or Keyboard support, install the HID Enabler:
If you want to complain that Wiimote/iCade/Keyboard does not work with your device, see here first:
If you are a developer that wants to add gamepad controller input, look here:
Big thanks to Stefan Werner for many fixes.
Detects even when the app is not open.
Detects can be disabled in settings.
Warning. Depending on your phone subscription, it can be very expensive going online using your smartphone.