View Indego Bike Share (Philly) stations and bike/dock status. No Map. No GPS. No Ads.
You know Philadelphia. You use Indego bike share. You want a no-nonsense list of stations showing the number of bikes and docks. You need Minimal Blue Bikes Philly.
This app was designed to use minimal data (NO MAPS) and run on my ancient Android 2.3 phone as well as newer devices. There is NO GPS USAGE; use the "Current Station" feature to pick a station as the origin for distance/direction info.
- List view with name, distance, direction, number of bikes/docks, and color showing station status.
- Distances are "Taxicab Distance" aligned to the Center City street grid
- Direction Arrow is aligned to the street grid
- Station Location Hints e.g. "1 Block East of the Girard El stop"
- Sort by Distance, Name, Bikes, Docks, and Direction
- Overall System Station Statistics Summary View
- Long Press Station - Set as Current Station. Distances & Direction are from this station. Use to find stations/bikes/docks near your destination or near an empty station. Shown with a red 'bullseye' and in Favorites.
- Long Press Station - Set as Home Station. Appears in Bold and in Favorites
- Select a Station for the Station Detail view with additional info including address and a location hint (if available)
- MANUAL OR AUTO REFRESH! To save data, manual refresh available (Don't forget to refresh.). By default auto-refresh after 5 minutes (change via preference)
- Set/Unset Station Favorites from the Station Detail view
- Favorite star on the action bar to quickly toggle between favorites and full station list
- Lighter Blue = more bikes, Darker Blue = fewer bikes
- Yellow = only 1 or 2 bikes
- Red = NO BIKES
- Gray = Inactive Station
- number of docks will be magenta or red for almost-full and full stations
Distance and Direction:
- Distance is in MANHATTAN/TAXI DISTANCE aligned to the Philadelphia Center City Grid. Does not take into account diagnonal roads or crossing rivers or weird areas like Fishtown
- Direction arrow is aligned to the Center City grid; up is "North".
Try the Station Statistics View!
Suggestions welcome for missing "location hints" to incorporate into upcoming versions.
- Internet permission for reading station data API.
No Ads, Tracking, or Analytics.