Highly customizable, can operate offline and requires minimum amount of privileges.
★ Highlights ★
✔ New: allow to ban unwanted sources in Google News feeds
✔ 4 attractive customizable widgets (include 2 scrollable widgets and 2 widgets for lock screen)
✔ 4 different styles for each widget and application UI
✔ 10 levels of opacity for widgets
✔ Can operate offline (all news from all sources can be loaded for later reading, news from any source is supported not just from predefined sources)
✔ Search and subscribe on any feed in Google News
✔ Custom RSS/ATOM-feeds
✔ Weather forecast for many cities at one page (configurable)
✔ News for all countries
✔ You can read any news in text version
This app uses Google News RSS as main news source.
Please note that this widget has been revived thanks to rori@xda. You can download the latest version at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2675155
Source code is available on code.google.com under a GPL license so anyone is allowed to fork it, granted the GPL license terms are respected.
Full history available at: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=848454
When you click on a news headline, the full article will open in a web version of Yandex.News that has been specially adapted for Android.
The widget can be used in both compact (1x4) and full-screen (4x4) mode. In compact mode, it automatically scrolls through the news headlines, while full-screen mode lets you browse the news by a topic of your choice.
The news feed is updated 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and all the stories are provided by leading news agencies.
A very simple, clean and easy-to-use widget to present RSS feeds on your home and/or lock screen. It does what it's meant to do, taking up minimal fraction of your phone's memory.
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* The Old Reader
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
gReader is a simple, fast and intuitive feed/rss reader for Android, featuring beautiful themes, podcast support and full offline support. Read all your rss/feed news in one place, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email. More on http://noinnion.com/greader.
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://noinnion.com/greader/support
* Beta: http://noinnion.com/greader/updates
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.reader
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Feedly/The Old Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization: Always have the latest news on your device
* Offline Reading: Reading full article content without internet connection
* Podcast support: Download or stream your favorite podcast with gReader.
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet-Optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Green, Sepia, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Mark read on scroll: Mark articles as read while scrolling
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech): Listen to your news
* Search Filters: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Folders / Tags support: Organize your feeds into folders/tags
* Notification: Keep informed of the latest news
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* List view: List, Grid or Card
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
Read the day’s top stories and breaking news from the industry’s best sources, hand-picked by our editors. Plus, easily stay updated on any topic you care about, from global events to your local news.
Read articles aggregated from the industry’s best sources and from your local news, curated by our editors. Explore World, Technology, Politics, Money, Entertainment, Sports, Crime, and Offbeat categories from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Washington Post, BBC, CNN, and more.
Follow topics you care about— like your favorite sports team, celebrity, or gadget. Sign in to save your preferences.
Stay up-to-date with breaking news alerts.
Share your favorite articles, videos, and photos with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, text, or email.
Automatically sync your favorite topics across MSN News on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the news you want to read.
Swipe left or right to read the next article. Tap the menu to explore Headlines, My Topics, Local, and Videos.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
Feedly lets you organize all your favorite publications, podcasts and YouTube channels into collections and receive updates when new stories and videos are publishes.
Feedly lets you tam into the power of the web, dig deeper and discover great new sources.
Millions of people use feedly every day on their Android phones and tablets to connect to the blogs and news sites that matter to them. From tech to business to design to cooking to fashion, feedly helps you discover new Youtube channels, blogs or news sites you can add to your feedly and easily read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed to your feedly and easily read the content of your favorite feeds on the go. Just enter the URL of a feed in the search bar.
Feedly integrates seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest and LinkedIn so that you can easily share the stories you read in your feedly with your friends and colleagues.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure that feedly is the best reader available on Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offer a simple and clean reading experience which will make your eyes happy.
The best way to start is to search of a blog and youtube channel you read regularly and add it to your feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics and discover the best blogs for tech, business, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, cooking, photography and more.
Your mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
[We are email@example.com and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]
- Import/export feeds (OPML)
- Cache images for offline reading
- Automatic or scheduled synchronization (optional)
- Offline reading with pictures and full text
- Small 1x1 widget with unread news counter
- 4x3 resizable widget (available only in Pro version)
- Swipe left/right to view previous/next articles
- Scrolling news with volume keys (optional)
- Show notifications (sound, light, vibration)
- Share news
- Light or dark theme
- Full-screen mode for articles
- Auto clear old news
If you like this app and can help me with localization, please contact me.
Featuring a modern material design, this application will help you reading news and articles from your favorite topics.
Did you take a look at the screenshots? You will understand how much love we put in Palabre in order to provide a clean, beautiful and easy to use news application.
- RSS support
- Feedly support with full synchronisation of articles
- Material design with delightful animations
- Beautiful Magazine, Large Cards or List user interface
- Offline support (Option to cache only when charging)
- Scrollable Widget, 4x2 and 1x1 beautiful widgets
- Readability support
- Notifications for new articles, decide which categories or sites will trigger a notification
- Option to load pictures on Wifi only, you can tap the placeholder to laod the picture on demand if needed
- Built-in browser or use your own browser to read articles
- Multiple reading fonts options, such as size, 10 fonts, line spacing, text alignement and text brightness
- Manage your sources, their categories
- Browse the most popular articles (Feedly only)
- Search within articles
- Mark as read (manual, automatic on scroll)
- Change reading order (oldest/newest first)
- Dark theme
- Save articles for reading later
- Share articles easily
- Android wear support
- Pocket, Instapaper and messenger quick sharing
- Enhanced sharing options
More features are coming! You can submit features request here: http://feedback.levelupstudio.com/forums/281266-palabre/filters/top
With Ynet Widget you get live reports from ynet.co.il on your home or lock screen.
1 - Select multiple sections.
2 - Multilanguage support! (English and Hebrew)
3 - SIzable widgets (Android 3+)
4 - Lockscreen supported (Android 3+)
Using a content reader helps you keep up with your top information sources - content comes straight to you, saving you the time to go and check every site on your own.
With Inoreader you can also monitor news about specific keywords, save pages from the web for viewing later or subscribe to social feeds. And when you need to look up some past piece of content you liked, you can rely on the powerful free search and full archive of your subscriptions.
Inoreader also keeps track of which items you've read, so you only see the unread items when you come back, even when you login on different devices.
******* OVERVIEW *******
- One-click save to Pocket, Evernote, Instapaper and Readability.
- No AD.
- Offline reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
******* FEATURES *******
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support swipe left and right in article list page
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer, support GIF
- Themes: light, dark, night and e-ink
- Unread count widget
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
******* BACKUP *******
You need the past version FeedMe for 2 reasons:
1. The new version is unstable or not working.
2. You do not like the new version.
******* INTERNATIONALIZATION *******
Now FeedMe uses OneSky to manager translation, if you like this FeedMe and want to localized it, please visit https://oszvg1n.oneskyapp.com/collaboration/project/32907 and join us. If language is not listed, please contact me. Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Also FeedMe use beta test to test translation. You can join here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.seazon.feedme.
Note : since Google service ends (July 1rst), Pure news widget will sync with Feedly service.
This is a scrollable widget which REQUIRE Android 3.x/4.x device or ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, LiveHome, Go Launcher Ex. If you don't use a Launcher supporting scrollable widgets, it won't work.
- Use phone credentials to login to Google Reader. No password (for Android > 2.0).
- Connected to Google reader to retrieve your prefered news, or get your feeds from your own RSS feed list in text format (OPML)
- Scrollable widget with most alternative launchers like ADW, LiveHome, Go Launcher, LauncherPro or Android 3.x/4.x
- Click on a news title to open the full story in the browser or in internal viewer (works in offline mode too !)
- Show news thumbnails
- Multiples skins (including fully transparent) and widgets sizes to make a fancy widget
- Lot of options to customize rendering
- Can use Google Mobilizer to reduce used bandwidth when reading full article
- Support Google Reader mark as read
- Optional local cache of articles
- Can restrict sync to Wifi connection
- Support multi-widget with as many feeds as you want
- Support Android up to 4.4 (ICS / KitKAt ...)
A problem ? Please, mail me for support.
If you have issues with disappearing widgets on Samsung devices, please read this: http://goo.gl/woDKcx
-Virtual Air Cooling-
Get a cool feeling!
Enjoy the air blowing from this fan through your head (sort of)!
This fan app offers a simulated, virtual fan with 3-speed fan technology.
It features fan depicturing, fan and air stream sounds, which will calm and open your mind.
You may use the fan for chill-down or just use it for its fan - tastic virtual cooling and chilling on hot summer days with hot weather. This air cooling (aka air conditioning) device may increase your virtual ventilation as the air blower that it is. Cool down the warm temperatures with this Ventilator or Ventilateur - like some europenas call such ventilation devices or electric fans. But don't overact so you don't start to freeze.. ;) Btw. this isn't a ceiling fan :) And it's only virtual - so don't expect physical refreshment :)
I got aware of some repeating noises on a friends phone. Sadly, this is caused due to different producer or android implementations. To solve this or at least to enable some people to hear a nearly gapless white noise sound, I added a button to switch between two playback techniques - either one works on different devices for me. So blow on!
Remark: your mobile won't blow air unless you use it like a frond - this will work even without this app - on your on risk!
Better Bored is an app for bored people. If, at the moment, you say "I am bored, so totally bored, that boredom is the core of my being", then this app may change your boredom into happiness. It should brake their boredom and enlighten your live. It consists of funny little mini games which also may be played with more than one player (it is not real multiplayer).
Mainly you have to push buttons. Take the challenge!
Don't be languid, don't be dull, don't be lazy.
But if you are, play this little games and keep easy going and have fun. Be the fastest - or the slowest.
At the moment there is one mode for people who like it fast and often and another mode for people who enjoy it slow and chilling. If enough people are interested, other mini games will be added.
In the hectic mode you have to push the button as often as you can in 3 seconds. Get the highscore!
In the chilling mode you have to push a button for as long as you can. Get the highscore!
On top of the board you push the button. After the mini-game is done, your result with motivating tips is shown. Below this the current leader board is shown (at the moment without names - you never know who's watching!).
Muck Around And Shock Your Pals
Prank your friends with this app as never before.
Recommend this app as install to a pal - and something unexpected may happen!
Great app that delivers a very special prank like no other app. Especially for friends that like to muck around their friends! They need this app!
You can trick them with this hoax app. This awfull app will startle them through its startling, shocking appearance. It's going to be hair-rasing! (Last but least it's only a small joke app you may send to your friends with android phones...)
Remark/Warning: depending on your music volume, this app can get very loud - and shocking!
Let 'em simply talk to the hand!
The Hand is very empathic and interested and will consent to anything.
You talk to Apple Siri on an iPhone or to Alicoid on an Android, but the never agree to you, but always misunderstand you or even give you answers you don't want to hear ?
Get over that and Talk To The Hand !
Talk To The Hand listens as long as your talking through the microphone and agrees over speaker if you await assention for a few fractions of a second :-)
Simple Internet Radio Alarm Clock
* 100s radio stations with music, informations and more
* 2 wake times (radio, buzzer)
* Internet Radio with Favorites
* adjustable brightness
* adjustable modes for wireless connections on sleep and on wake (Nightmode and Wakemode)
* adjustable volume for alarms (incl. increasing volume)
Hints and Tipps:
* "Wah! BLUETOOTH enables itself" => if you don't want BT to be enabled on wake, you can disable this feature: touch the upper left icon, then touch Settings. There deselect the bluetooth symbol in Wakemode (second row).
* If don't want BT, WLAN or 2g/3g activated on wake, please touch the wireless symbol on the upper left and touch Settings.
There you can uncheck what you don't like activated on wake. (e.g. maybe BT, if you're not using an audio dock)
Draws lots of power and bandwidth while playing internet radio - consider that and consider streaming webradio only on WLAN and POWER SUPPLY! (maybe in a sound dock!)
Use any android phone as an alarm clock e.g. on a Philips Fidelio bluetooth docking speaker aka docking station aka sound dock. It even works without such a dock - you may also use only your phone as a night clock (dimmable).
- Radiowecker Radio Alarm Clock AtomaRadio -
Simulates a piece of toilet paper (aka bog paper)
Take your phone, drag it from the bottom up - you probably know where you have to do it - and... voila, you wiped and cleaned your ass, your bum, your butt, your rear, your behind, your lower backside, your bum - however you may call it :)
Push NEW PAPER to get a new piece of toilet paper and you may go on 'cleaning'.
Another advise: this virtual toilet paper makes use of acceleration and distance sensors - so maybe it won't work on your phone (only tested devices at the moment are HTC Desire and Samsung Galaxy S3 / SIII)
Remarks: This virtual piece of toilet paper won't actually clean anything in the real world (at last it's virtual). You probably could use your phone but I wouldn't advise you to exhibit your phone to real... erm.... shit or any other kind of crap.
Futhermore: please note, that no real poo got harmed for the production of this epic piece of software. Just a few crumbs of chocolate had to stand in.
-the Successor of Radio Alarm Clock-
★ Thousands of world-wide radio stations
★ Tune in and Listen to your favorite radio station
★ Stock-Like Visuals (Jelly Bean Style like 4.2, 4.3)
★ Use alarm clock and radio for free - or Upgrade premium
★ Use Web Radio as your alarm
★ Use Buzzer as your alarm
★ Notification for next alarm
★ "Stacked alarms"
★ Special Tablet optimized landscape view
★ You may remove ads and those little restrictions through In-App-Purchase - but it's usable even for free!
★★ Tune in to internetradio music
★★ Tune in to internetradio news
★★ Tune in to traffic news on internetradio
★★ Tune in to anything else any internet radio my offer
If you are a fan of cool and coolest internet radio whilst wakeup, you have your clock radio!!!
Optimal to be used with an audio dock like Phillips Fidelio AS111 (that's the one I use on a daily basis for wakeup).
This radio alarm aka radio alarm clock allows you to have a good sleep until you wake up to the sound you like. Choose the radio station you like as your alarm sound and ensure your akeup through another alarm, one with a buzzer, a few minutes later. Tune in again to your radio alarm by snoozing the buzzer alarm.
Choose from 1000s of stations all over the world. If you are a fan of Alternative, Rock, Rock and Roll, Hard Rock, Chillout, Country, Jazz or Charts Radios or if you just love to hear the latest news - you can find a station that fulfills your needs.
You wan't to go premium? Just try to add more then 2 stations or alarms and you get the chance to go premium!
Stacked alarms allows you to enjoy the following:
* set one alarm at 07:00 am with your favorite radio station
* set one alarm at 07:30 am with buzzer
At 7 o'clock your radio will start playing until at 07:30 am the buzzer kicks in. If now you decide to stay in bed a little longer, you just snooze the buzzer, with the effect of the radio restarting to play.
Every alarm that is overlapped by another waits for its successor to stop.
You even can stop all hanging alarms at once or just single ones that are currently snoozed or active.
Tested on Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire
Tested with Android 4.3, Android 4.2 und Android 2.2