This data calculator includes a wealth of scientific data in tables and performs specialised calculations, all residing behind a fully-featured scientific calculator. The results may be returned to the calculator for use in further calculations, and displayed in graphical form. Calculations using scientific constants with many significant figures usually require copying them by hand into a calculator. This app. saves that chore. It runs on a tablet or smartphone with appropriate buttons for each. Independence of the Internet for doing such calculations can be desirable e.g. when flying.
The following features are provided: - calculator with - standard arithmetic - circular and hyperbolic functions and their inverses - square root, powers, logs, factorials, Gamma function, combinations and permutations - integer or fractional part - 12 re-namable memories and latest result - simple hexadecimal calculator - conversions between metric and imperial units - useful constants at the touch of a button - conversion between decimal degrees and degrees:minutes:seconds - display result in several formats: 7 significant-figure precision, full precision, scientific and engineering the result is stored full-precision but displayed to 7-figures - brackets for complex infix expressions - access to data tables and specialised functions - a function is built up by combining the above features - a non-functional approach is also available where pressing a function button after '=' will take the previous result as its argument - programmable: a sequence of steps built up in an expression may be saved as a function and recalled later for re-use, making it programmable e.g. 2xpixM1= calculates the circumference of a circle with radius stored in the memory M1. Immediately after pressing '=' the above expression may be stored. There are six such function stores, and the most recent successful expression is always available for immediate re-use without having to be stored explicitly. The function buttons may be renamed. - Such a function may be plotted as a graph. - numerical integration - sum of complicated series
- Data tables are available for the following subjects: astronomy (data on planets) density of materials gases liquids magnetic properties magnets metals fundamental particles the periodic table in standard pictorial 'button' form radiation relative permittivity scientific constants solids definitions
- Graphical display of selected data from above tables
- The following miscellaneous functions are available: atmospheric density, pressure, temperature and speed of sound at a given height cross-ratio (for projective geometry) financial calculations great-circle distance between two locations on the Earth HCF (highest common factor of two numbers) height or distance of an object from measured angles distance of horizon at a specified height LCM (lowest common multiplier of two numbers) conversion of British Ordnance Survey grid references pendulum (length for given period or vice versa) quartic equation (solves a fourth-order equation) find real roots of an algebraic equation of any order refractive index of materials Solve a triangle find the day of the week for a given date
- The following statistical calculations are provided: enter data in an array analyse data in array(s) binomial distribution CHI squared normal distribution Poisson distribution queuing theory calculations regression Student's t Notes on use of these functions
- The following electrical calculations are available: design an attenuator design a capacitor design a filter design an inductor design a resistor star/delta conversion
- Extensive help and explanation of functions
- Results in arrays, memories and functions are stored between sessions.
New utility: weekdays between two dates.
Bug fixed in syntax analyser.
February 19, 2013
1,000 - 5,000
3.0 and up
Warning – content has not yet been rated. Unrated apps may potentially contain content appropriate for mature audiences only.