it can be accessed at:https://github.com/fantastxmw/kbLight
Turn on or turn off the backlight of keyboard.
This is an application with only single feature ripped from AdjBrightness but with auto boot supported.
***If you installed both AdjBrightness and Keyboard backlight controller, please untick the button settings in AdjBrightness***
"The best way to have the silent mode on Samsung Lollipop"
"What’s in a name? Everything. Extended Controls is definitely the best settings widget app that I have come across and there are quite a few available at the moment" (appstorm.net)
"None of the other apps have as many functions and options as Extended Controls. The long list of widgets, the amount of various designs and its user friendliness make Extended Controls a real must-have!" (androidpit.com)
Extended controls is THE MUST HAVE APP for every Android user.
The application provides highly customizable widget with more than 30 controls.
Extended Controls provides user-friendly graphic interface and a easy configuration manager.
With its features user can customize his widgets and he can beautify your fantastic Android smartphone.
Extended Controls improves batterylife using an innovative feature called "Battery saver"
- Custom backgrounds (from your gallery or download a set of backgrounds from the web);
- Widgets transparency;
- A lot of different icons;
- Edit existing widgets;
- Direct Home shortcuts;
- Customizable colors & labels;
- On/Off dividers;
- All tablets supported;
- Different widgets size (over 10 toggle for any single widget);
- Different indicator type (standard or circular)
- System Info Widget (RAM, CPU, Network, ext-memory, etc.)
- Notification Widget (like Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4)
- Widgets sliders with double arrow, to beautify your home screen;
- Widgets controller on App Drawer (Extended Controls -> Widget option);
- Active widgets in notification bar;
- Stack Widgets list;
- Widgets in notification bar;
- Possibility to remove widgets size from android menu;
- Disable static indicator;
- Widget preview of your widget on configuration activity;
- Share your widgets with main social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
- Save your widgets and load it whenever you want!!!!
As we know Android provides a widget that allows you to enable or disable these settings: WiFi,Bluetooth,GPS,Sync,Brightness.
With Extended Controls, Android Power Widget can be improved allowing users to add main settings:
- 4G (WiMAX only for EVO)
- APN (Rename APN, Direct Mode or Settings Shortcut)
- Wifi (with indicator label)
- Brightness (High customization, with custom seekbar, label percentage, native mode)
- Auto Sync
- Auto Rotate
- Fly Mode
- SD Scanner
- Silent Mode
- Vibration Mode
- Stay Awake toggle
- Flashlight (Torch) available on (Sony z3,Note 4, Samsung S5, Htc One, Nexus 5, Nexus 6 Verizon, Mobile, Nexus S, Galaxy Ace, Fascinate, LG Optimus, Atrix, Arc, Samsung Galaxy S2, Motorola Photon, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia Z1 Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Motorola X, Nexus 7, Nexus 10,Galaxy Tab 3, Motorola G, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note III and others)
- Mount USB
- AlwaysOn feature
- Reboot (only for root users!! bootloader, normal or fastboot, confirm dialog)
- Hotspot Wifi
- USB Tether
- Lock Screen (turn your screen off)
- Direct Shortcut app (All activities or applications)
- Haptic feedback
- Volume manager (All volumes controls)
- Shutdown (Only for root users)
- Contact direct call
- System info (RAM, CPU, memory usage, SDcard free memory)
- For any updates or news you can follow us on
****** WARNING *******
- Read Contact & Call permissions is used to add a "Direct Contact Call" toggle within widget. Without these permissions is impossible to call a contact with one-click.
The Read log permission is used into Issue Manager to allow user to send bugs of ONLY Extended Controls app.
1. Any extra permissions like read phone state are due to admob ads identifying unique installations. I'm looking into a way to make this not required.
2. Doesnt work on Sense UI devices (i.e. Hero).
3. Potential conflict with Juice Defender. JD seems to negate any requests of this app to change brightness.
Android recognizes values from 1-255 with 1 being darkest and 255 being brightest. It also has support for automatic brightness. Default levels are 1, 50, 150, and 255 respectively. To enable Auto Brightness you can use the letter 'a'.
Backlight! controls the screen brightness level only. It does not adjust keyboard brightness or other light features of the phone.
Don’t forget to add/re-add the widgets to the home screen!
All apps are supported in the full version, click on the plus button on the top and add the missing.
This app is very simple to use and not much configuration is needed!
✔ Works with latest Android Lollipop Version
✔ individual settings for each app, e. g. blink rate, vibration, sounds and repeats
✔ light and dark color scheme
✔ export/import settings (no lost settings when you install new ROMS/mods)
✔ Silent mode for every day (enable it for the night to stop blinking
✔ widget to deactivate LED Blinker/remove notifications quickly
✔ Screen LED for phones without real LED
Examples for apps with notifications:
✔ missed calls and sms
✔ Battery status (LED notification for low battery, < 10%)
✔ Google Mail
✔ Google Talk/Google Hangouts
✔ Calendar reminder notifications
✔ Standard EMail App
✔ SNOView - Social Network Overview notification
✔ Facebook messages
✔ WhatsApp messages
✔ Skype messages
✔ Bluetooth messages (LED goes on when bluetooth is active)
✔ Alternative On-Screen-LED
✔ Twitter, Threema (now with group support), Facebook Messenger and so on.
* AndroidHeadLines: 'LED Blinker is an Android app that aims to make it much easier to help you figure out which notification is which'.
Unlike other apps in this category you don't need 'ROOT' access to use LED Blinker and this app is very battery friendly!
All rights are needed to run the app, lesser are not possible.
The new right to write to SD card it needed for error reports (check menu extras: Debug mode), please send it to email@example.com if you have found an error.
Please try out the lite version at first to see if your hardware LED works (on screen LED is always working!).
LEDBlinker Notifications has no internet permission, your data is safe!!!
Please check device specific hints at the end!
Fast support is very important for me! (Look at the ratings, thanks to all people!)
If you have problems please do a full re-install and/or reboot your phone.
Otherwise contact me at Facebook/Google+/Email to get help.
Warning: If your phone speaks after install (Samsung S4, S3, S3 Mini, S2, Note1, Note2, Note3, LG Nexus 4) you have to disable Samsung TTS (text-to-speech) under settings -> apps manager -> all (on the right) and Google TTS (text-to-speech).
Only needed when you use the accessiblity service!
Another solution to fix talkback issue:
You can change the launcher by using another one from the Google Play Store. For example, Solo Launcher - Swift & Smart, Nova Launcher, Go Launcher and Holo Launcher. These launchers will not exhibit this bug.
For Samsung S4 users: If your phone speaks when opening your browser you have to use another browser like Chrome or Firefox.
Hint HTC users: Your phone is NOT supported, you have to use the on screen led!
Sony Phones: Please disable stamina mode in your device settings.
Let your led glow with different colors!
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
You have thought in bed. Device is too bright...
Cause of the battery consumption is said to be the backlight.
Dark screen can save power.
Ambient light sensor for automatic adjustment feature support depends on the device.
The History of Major Changes:
Added the five level buttons, from Min to Max.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. Whether to show the five-level button.
Added the operations from the Notification bar.
Added items about the Notification bar to the Setting screen.
1. Can be operation from Notification bar.
2. Automatically start at boot time.
Added the widgets.
Added items to the Settings screen.
1. In the non-operation state, to automatically close.
2. Can be adjust with the volume keys.
screen, brightness, dark, bright, backlight, widgets, notification bar,
battery, save, adjust, setting, change, easy, free, auto, simple
This easy and elegant tool enables you to toggle mobile data with one click, without messing up your APNs. Choose from either small or large widget sizes for convenient placement on your home screen.
- multi system setting widgets in 1 package
- 1 click to toggle mobile data
- Both small and large widgets
This application comes without warranty, only use it if you are 100% sure what you are doing!
Improper use can make the system unstable, so please inform yourself if you are unsure about a certain feature!
This app is open source
Device Control is an app to control several features of your device as well as some nice extra features like a Tasker, App Manager, Editors, Entropy Generator, Wireless Filemanager and more.
With Device Control you can tweak and edit:
[+] Device specific features like Knock-On, vibration strength, screen color temperature, LCD power reduce, ...
[+] CPU frequencies, governors, i/o schedulers, ...
[+] GPU frequencies, governors, ...
[+] Kernel specific extras like intelli-plug and intelli-thermal by faux, msm dcvs toggle, mpdecision toggle, power scheduling, power efficient workqueues ...
[+] Voltage Control, Fast Charge and more
Note: Features need to be supported by your device. Unsupported features are getting automatically hidden!
It also can monitor:
[+] Your cpu and battery temperature
[+] Time in state of your cpu
[+] Maximum, minimum and current frequency as well as the governor of your cpu (fully multicore aware and toggle able auto refreshing intervals)
Extra tools like:
[+] Tasker (automatic fstrimming, screen off and on actions ...)
[*] Example: You can configure it to automatically toggle your cpu's frequency to a very low value once your screen turns off, to save battery, and restore the value when you are using your phone again.
[+] Editors (vm, sysctl, build.prop, ...)
[+] Quick tweaks (vm, build.prop, ...)
[+] Wireless Filemanager, allows you to access your device's sdcard / internal storage via any webbrowser
[+] App Manager to view information about the app, kill it, view them on Google Play Store, disable / reenable your apps to prevent them from running and hiding them from launcher
Device Control can automatically restore your settings on boot (sections to restore need to be checked in preferences)
Device Control is 100% ad free and will always be.
No need to spend money, you get every feature without paying or donating.
Device Control is in active development, if you like to contribute to the development or just buy me a beer, you can donate via in app purchases!
Donations are not required but highly appreciated!
Explanation of permissions:
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: To read your ip address to display it at the Wireless Filemanager
ACCESS_SUPERUSER: Device Control requires root to function properly.
BILLING: For the optional in app donations.
INTERNET: Required for our built-in error reporting service to submit bug reports.
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed for the Wireless Filemanager
READ_PHONE_STATE: For better detection of your device.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: To restore your tweaks on boot up of the device.
VIBRATE: To test the vibration strength.
GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: To display size statistics at the app manager
GET_TASKS: To allow to detect running apps and kill them via the app manager
REBOOT, DEVICE_POWER: Used by the flasher to reboot the device without super user permissions on NamelessRom
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can either pay via Google Play or get it FREE using Getjar Gold.
If you need assistance please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org: I am not able to keep up with the reviews and comments.
The "Forced Auto" mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen "upside down". It also allows using the launchers of for example the HTC (One X/One S) Sense 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 Touchwiz and Google Nexus 7 in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately (some versions of Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 2, HTC One). For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape (like Spotify).
- True orientation lock
- Forced automatic rotation
- Per application settings
- Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
- Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
- Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
- Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
- Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
- 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
- Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
- Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
- Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
- Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
- Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
- Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
- Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
- Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
- This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
- This app does NOT require root access.
- Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
- Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)
It also allows you to set repeating sounds on vibration patterns for you notifications. You can also set a "sleep" mode or "on charge" where the lights and/or sounds and vibrations will not be heard or seen. If you've come from a Blackberry device and miss the features of BeBuzz / BerryBuzz then give LightFlow a try!
This program will allow you to control the notification color for the over 600 applications and system events such as:
* Missed calls
* Voice mail
* Calendar reminders
* SMS messages
* MMS messages
* Low battery
* No signal
* Google talk
...and many many more
See our website for a full list of applications supported:
It allows the colors to flash in succession, so if you have a new SMS and a missed call it can alternate between the two colors. You can also set which notification type has the highest priority and let it flash in just that one color.
It'll even push notifications out to your pebble smart watch, Sony smart Watch and the DashClock lock screen extension.
For a full changelog see here: For a full changelog see here:
For a full list of permissions required and why see here:
Samsung phones when accessibility is enabled may cause the phone to start talking, warnings about air view and a few other issues. These are confirmed samsung bugs (see here: http://developer.samsung.com/forum/board/thread/view.do?boardName=GeneralB&messageId=204387) but the app can be run without the accessibility service and still work (but with a reduced notification list)
Not all phones support all colors.
For example: Most HTC phones only support 3 colors and require "Rooting" and running the app in "direct mode"
Some phones can only light up the notification while the screen is off.
Some phones cannot have their notification light always on
Some phones cannot have their notification blink and it will always be on
Note that it will take over control of your notifications and you will therefore only get notifications for categories that the app allows.
★ We recommend you try the "lite" version first before purchasing to avoid any disappointment if it doesn't work for you. Some phones require root privileges to access the LEDs. ★
★ For the differences between this version and the lite version see here: http://www.reactle.com/p/features.html ★
★ If after updating you have problems we recommend you reboot your phone ★
** Most HTC phones require "direct mode" setting. Most gingerbread builds for HTC phones require root access due to HTC changing the permissions on the LED control files. **
** If upgrading from the "lite" version, please uninstall the lite version first but you can backup and restore settings between versions **
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch
This app requires ROOT permissions.
If you don't know what root permissions are, you probably don't need this app.
No-frills CPU Control is a tool you can use on your rooted  device to quickly set the CPU frequencies and governor to use.
It allows you to use the highest frequency your phone supports and gain some precious FPS in your preferred game, or go down to the lowest frequency and gain some more juice when your phone is sitting idle.
All of this without any memory footprint or services running in the background!
It has been reported working on a large number of rooted  devices from HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, Huawei, ZTE, Oppo and so on! Even Kindle and Nook Color!
Unfortunately, it does NOT work on Flytouch tablets, Zenithink zt180, HaiPad M7/Tabtech M7 or fake HTC/Samsung clones. Sorry about that, but you knew what you were buying when you did... didn't you?
Is your device supported? You need ROOT permissions and you'll probably need to be running a CUSTOM ROM (an example is the famous CyanogenMod) with kernel frequency scaling enabled. If you are unsure... just install the app and see for yourself!
If you need a custom ROM for your phone, the best places to find one are XDA [http://forum.xda-developers.com], MoDaCo [http://android.modaco.com/] or similar forums.
Be wary of the frequencies you select! Your phone may lock or become unresponsive if it doesn't like extreme values, but -hey- better safe than sorry: even though No-frills CPU Control allows you to choose if you want to apply the settings on boot, it comes with an extra "safety valve" too! If the device doesn't shut down (or reboot) in a clean way, it will not apply the settings, avoiding those nasty boot-loops you may have had with other overclocking apps. Please keep in mind that apps like QuickBoot are as quick as they are unsafe…
- Easy GUI to set frequencies, governor and i/o scheduler
- "safety valve" to avoid boot-loops in case of unsafe settings (more info in the homepage)
- Stats screen to see the effective usage of frequencies
No-frills CPU Control is open source under Apache 2.0 license. You can find the source code, more informations and you can ask for questions on its project post directly on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=911917
SUPPORT: If you have any problems, before you write a negative comment, write an email or go to the homepage to get answers.
If I don't reply you or solve your problem, then go ahead and post a negative comment.
HINT: If you can't find the email of the developer, use the "Send CPU data" feature from the main screen, instead, and add your questions.
This app is FREE and will always be FREE.
Translations are ALWAYS welcome and are now as easy as getting a (free) account to http://www.getlocalization.com/noFrillsCPU/ and correcting what's wrong or filling what's missing. A HUGE "THANK YOU!" to all the people who helped translating this app! (jdb78, kallt_kaffe, David Kejzlar, Ryunosuke Tanaka, Charlie Cheung, dxdiag32, Corentin Garcia, Carlos Camacho, dancer_69, TorbenKB, Chris, FollowWings, Spaar, prescott66, Marco Bizarro, Cristian Silaghi, Cenk H. Uzunboy)
Starting with version 1.21 the app has a new look & feel matching the new Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and has dropped support for older Android releases (1.6 and 2.0). Don't worry! There's a new app, No-frills CPU Control CLASSIC which will always have the same features as the classic app with the old look & feel!
: if you don't know what a ROOTED device is, you can find a pretty good explanation here: [http://www.androidauthority.com/rooting-for-dummies-a-beginners-guide-to-root-your-android-phone-or-tablet-10915/]
Smart IR Remote is the only IR remote universal app for Android that you'll ever need: it's smart, with a device coverage that is huge (800000 devices, with more added daily and on request), and it's the only one that makes use of features only your phone/tablet have, that a plastic remote (like the Logitech Harmony) never will. As IR remote controls go, especially android remote controls, you'll never find one better!
Not compatible with Huawei, Xiaomi or Sony phones. Of all phones/tablets by LG, only compatible with the G3 (still in Beta, sending only, not recording. Not compatible with LG G3 A or LG G3 S)
Don't have a supported phone or tablet? Check out AnyMote Home: http://colortiger.com/home
Smart Remote works with any Samsung, HTC and Medion Lifetab devices with an InfraRed Blaster, and most other brand phone/tablet with an IR Blaster that runs Android 4.4 or above provided originally by the manufacturer. Even better, Smart IR Remote also works on most custom ROMs like CyanogenMod.
Smart IR Remote is an universal smart remote control that can command almost anything that receives InfraRed commands, like a TV, Set Top Box (cable and satellite box), DVD, BluRay player, VCR, Amplifier, Air Conditioner, AV Receiver, DSLR camera, etc. Better yet, you can combine your remotes into smart remotes (activities) so that on your custom remote you'll have the volume buttons to your surround system, the channel buttons to control your set top box and the display buttons to control your TV. It's the only Android universal tv remote that can do that, while controlling any other device too!
Do you want to help translate our app? Visit https://crowdin.net/project/smart-ir-remote
Have any questions? Visit our FAQ: http://colortiger.com/faq.php
If your remote is missing, please email us and we'll do our best to help!
On top of all that, since you're holding a phone, why not use some of its unique features?
AIR GESTURES - exclusive to Android 4.1-4.4 Galaxy S4
Simply wave your hand above your phone to change channels, volume, or whatever your heart pleases - it's all configurable!
MUTE/PAUSE ON PHONE CALL
Smart Remote can now mute your TV, pause your media player, or even switch them off if you wish, all of that when your phone rings.
Group commands in batches, sort them and add delays, and then execute the series of commands one after the other. Imagine being able to turn your TV, Xbox and surround system on, switch TV to HDMI 1 all with a single tap!
Automatically execute commands or macros when certain conditions occur: your phone rings, at a time chosen by you, when you use your phone's Volume Buttons. Are you a Tasker fan? We have a Tasker plugin that lets you to send commands
With both lockscreen and homescreen widgets, you'll have your favorite just a tap away when you grab your phone. Need something even better? read on
FLOATING REMOTE (CHATHEAD)
The floating remote is a remote that stays above other apps which can be shown with just a single tap and lets you send commands even while you're playing a game on your phone
BACKUP / RESTORE
If you switch ROMs often or need the remotes you put hard work on to be available on all your devices, you can simply make a backup once and then restore on all your other devices
RECORD REMOTES - exclusive to the HTC One due to hardware limitations in other devices
Couldn't find your remote in our list? Simply record each button to have it just the way you want it. Opt in to share your remote so that other customers can make use of your work too!
Almost all brands in the world are supported, including Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, Yamaha, DirecTV (Direct TV), etc.
For details about needed permissions, visit http://www.colortiger.com/#permissions on your computer.
== This application *requires* root / su. ==
* backup kernel image as update.zip (for recovery)
* flash kernel from zImage, any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage
backup kernel: creates an update.zip (for recovery) containing a backup of the current kernel with time and date in /sdcard/sgs-kernel-flasher/backup/
choose kernel: choose kernel image (mostly named zImage) or any .tar or .zip that contains a zImage
flash kernel: flashes the kernel
reboot: reboot the phone
I am not responsible for any damage to your phone that may be caused by usage of this app or by deficient kernel images.
Please do NOT use the comments in the market for bug reports/feature requests or any other support requests.
Please contact me by e-mail or at xda-forum - thank you.
== What is the BLN mod? ==
The BLN mod turns the touchkey backlights into a notification led.
It enables any android application to use the touchkey backlights of your phone as a notification led.
== What does this app? ==
This application gives you control over the settings of the BacklightNotification modification (bln mod) on your phone and some additional functionality.
If the BLN mod is not yet installed on your phone, then the app can refer you to instructions for the BLN mod installation.
== Supported phones: ==
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate
Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
Google Nexus S
== Features: ==
* enable/disable the BLN function by:
* locale plug-in
* scheduler (disable BLN at night, ...)
* adjustable timeout of static led notification
* update notification (new BLN app, liblights or kernel releases)
* locale plug-in(s) to toggle statuses of:
bln, blinking, scheduler, static led, notification led
* select the time of led-on/-off interval
* select total blinking duration (5-60 minutes or unlimited)
* select led status after blinking ends(on/off)
* stop blinking if battery is below a selectable % level
* adjustable timeout of static led notification after blinking
* adds led notifications to:
* phone app (missed calls)
== Attention: ==
** Please notice that blinking consumes more energy than static backlight! And it requires at least froyo.
Please do NOT use the comments in the market for bug reports/feature requests or any other support requests.
Please contact me by e-mail or at xda-forum - thank you.