Shake your phone to alert your friends, family and security company to help you at your exact location for free.
NEW - optional service in South Africa to get help from the nearest armed responder on the Aura network. AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!
- activate your panic by shaking your phone or opening the app.
- your emergency contacts will receive an SMS notification with your actual location which is updated every 30 seconds. So you can get help, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- your phone will start calling the emergency number you selected (such as the police or your security company).
- local app users will also receive an alert showing your location, photo and name (opt in feature).
- if you opt into the Aura service (which is an in-app purchase) they will call you back within a minute and the nearest qualified emergency responder will be dispatched to your location. You can see their details, estimated arrival time and real-time location on the app. The Aura service only works in South Africa and although they have partner responders across South Africa, they may not necessarily be available near to you. You are contracting directly with Aura for this service. Please see http://aura-app.io/ for more info.
- receive local app user panic alerts (optional).
- receive notifications of crimes or suspicious activities near to you.
- easily report crimes and suspicious activities and automatically notify people in your community.
- view crime locations and hotspots on a map.
- allow us to track your location if you are going into a situation you are nervous about.
- record audio with one touch (to, for example, record an official soliciting a bribe).
- find and call the nearest police station.
- upload a "selfie" photo to help the police or your security company recognise you in an emergency situation.
- the app has national emergency numbers of more than 150 countries pre-loaded.
- generate data to combat crime.
The app works anywhere in the world and is free. Help detain criminals and deter crime by utilising the power of the community to #crowdfight crime. Please note that we don't actively respond to panic activations but if your security provider partners with us, they can use the app to do this. If you subscribe to the Aura In-App Purchase service you are contracting with them to respond to your emergencies.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.