View GEDCOM files exported from current genealogy applications and Internet services. View by individuals, families, sources, database info, or descendants tree. Top level views are linked to additional detail views.
GEDCOM versions 5.5 and 5.5.1 supported. ASCII, UTF-8, UTF-16, and ANSEL character sets accepted.
Integrated file browser helps to locate GEDCOM files on your device. Set custom home directory, to always come back to a preferred GEDCOM location.
Lets you annotate your tree with on-site notes, including photos (graves, primary docs, etc.), and send them to your home machine via GMail.
The App is fast, robust, and complete. It has been tested on files up to 20MB (65,000 names).
If you need to try before you buy, there is a fully functional (time-limited) trial version available. (Scroll down to "View more applications" to find it on the Market.)
We all know how difficult it can be to locate a grave in a large cemetery, having to explain the directions of a grave site to someone, or even the difficulty of contacting the family of the Deceased to be able to visit the grave site. With RIPNAV GPS, you will be helping others to pay their respects and ensure a loved one never gets forgotten.
You can also use RIPNAV to find celebrity graves of famous people, actors, and historical figures.
Currently available on the Android platform, we will be introducing the Iphone version shortly.
- Use the mobile device’s GPS capabilities to SAVE a grave site’s coordinates
- The built in Locator Tool helps point you to the direction of the site
- Use Google Maps as a visual reference to help guide you to the saved location
- Send SMS, email or other Social Media programs installed on your mobile device to inform others of the location of a deceased friend/family
- Keep a stored online database of your saved locations
- Can be a useful tool for purpose of genealogy to record the resting place of your family tree.
RIPNAV GPS and its RIPNAV ID number is perfect for use on:
- Funeral Programs
- Facebook memorial pages
- Tweeted on a special anniversary date or birthday of the deceased
- Emailed or Text Messaged to friends and family
This version works with ALL Android devices & all screens.
- 1.0.3 Added D-M
- 1.0.4 Improved UI, added more description per index type
- phonetic index indexing algorithm phoneme spelling homophone encoded encode pronounced compare NYSIIS code coding pronunciation genealogy ancestry family tree moktoff
More from developer
* Drag the view to scroll around.
* Pinch with two fingers to zoom in or out.
* Double tap on background to zoom in or out.
* Single tap on a name to show more info.
* Double tap on a name to base the tree on that person.
* Long tap on a name to base the tree on that person.
To use your own gedcom files, they need to be transferred to your device. This can be done in several different ways, including:
* Mailing them to yourself and downloading them
* Copying them over USB
* Copying them to an SD card
* Using online file services such as www.dropbox.com
Once the file is on your device choose it in the Downloads app or in a file browser app such as My Files. You can also use the Open... button in the menu from within GedTree.
There is a support/feature request forum at http://gedtree.userecho.com/
The app will ask a question, such as "Are these faces?" and show a set of images that the detector believed was faces. The user is supposed to cross out any images he is not sure belongs to that category by tapping them. Make sure to read the questing carefully to cross out the correct images. Sometimes it's the majority of the images that should be crossed out. Also cross out any images for which the answer is unclear. Crossing out an images does not automatically place it in the opposite class. It will however make it show up in a question about the opposite class later on.
This version is identical to SonosMixer, but comes with a price to allow our fans to support the app.