NEW! MASH TUN HEATLOSS COMPENSATION:
Enter your mash-tun's thermal mass to adjust for heat loss when you are not heating your mash-tun to the strike temperatures.
• Fahrenheit & Celsius
• Metric & US Measurement Scales
• Mashtun Heatloss Compensation (Advanced Setting)
HOW TO USE:
Swipe left and right between 3 screens that control grain, water and desired temperature. Drag the grain and water levels up and down, spin the temperature on the thermometer to set and calculate target and strike (infusion) temperatures. Use the + and - buttons to nudge each measurement. Use the info button to help learn what to do in each screen.
TO CALCULATE TEMPERATURES:
1 - Enter your grain weight and grain temperature
2 - Enter volume of water
3 - Set the desired temperature to see calculated strike (infusion temperature)
WHY USE IT:
Different homebrew recipes may call for different infusion temperatures and methods. Stop approximating and start your mash off right with Mash. Over or undershooting your infusion temperatures cost you time, effect your efficiency and can change the flavor profile. Get right in the temperature zone the first time and save yourself from scrambling and adjusting.
Create Recipe's, Calculate OG, Gravity correction calculations to hit your preboil numbers, bottle priming calculations, keg carbonation calculators, Strike water calculators, SRM, IBU, Efficiency,ABV, and brix final gravity calculators.
Please Remember, this application is still beta, If you have any issues, please email the developer and report any force closes. We will work to fix your issue ASAP.
If the application is missing any features that you would like, email the developer and we will try to have it added to the project.
Your Recipes can now be saved to the cloud, so you can save your recipes on one device and have them waiting for you on any of your other devices!
You can now copy your recipes easily and brew thing again on a different date.
Now support For BIAB brewing!
Check out the Wort Community on Google+ for some of the other things i'm working on for the app, that aren't quite ready yet.
NEW: Sync your recipes across multiple devices and share instantly with your brewing buddies. (Menu->Sync, Menu->Help for more info)
* Timer runs in background with ongoing notification for easy access
* Fully editable ingredient database
* Complete BJCP style reference database
* Supports Metric and US units (Press Menu->Convert... on the recipe editing screen)
* Calculates OG, IBU, color, estimated ABV and FG
* Adjustable per recipe: brewhouse efficiency, batch size, boil volume, recipe type (extract, partial mash or all grain)
* Share recipes with NFC simply by touching 2 phones or via cloud push notification
* File format compatible with QBrew (free software for PC)
* Supports late extract additions and boil volume corrections for more accurate IBU estimation
Currently the app supports
* Alcohol by Volume with hydrometer and refractometer
* Alcohol by Weight with hydrometer and refractometer
* Conversion from °P (or °Bx whichever you prefer) to Gravity
* Calories per beer with hydrometer and refractometer
* Temperature adjusted hydrometer gravity readings.
* Standard and Metric (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
* Mash and Sparge water calculator
The following calculators are included:
Strike Temperature: Calculates infusion temperature, volume and water/grain ratio needed for your initial strike.
Mash Infusion: Calculates infusion temperature and volume needed to raise the temperature of the mash.
Decoction Volume: Calculates the decoction volume needed to raise the temperature of the mash.
Batch Sparge: Calculates mash water volumes, water/grain ratio, and grain absorption.
Gravity Correction: Calculates amount of extract or water needed to alter the gravity of a given volume of wort.
Boil Off: Calculates starting, ending, boil off and temperature corrected volumes for a boil.
Hop Bitterness: Calculates estimated IBUs for a given wort and hop schedule.
Hop Alpha Correction: Calculates the new hop weight needed to provide the same IBUs of the original hop when the new hop is a different alpha and or hop form (Pellet, Plug, or Leaf).
Kettle Volume: Calculates volumes in a cylindrical vessel.
Yeast Pitching Rate: Calculates the number of cells needed for optimal fermentation. Allows for multiple steps when additional cells must be grown.
Carbonation: Calculates CO2 pressure, and priming sugar weights needed to carbonate beer.
Gyle: Calculates the amount of gyle needed to carbonate beer.
Efficiency: Calculates brewhouse efficiency.
Hydrometer Correction: Calculates the corrected gravity when a hydrometer sample is not at the calibration temperature.
Alcohol / Attenuation: Calculates real and apparent attenuation as well as alcohol by weight and volume.
Refractometer: Calculates corrected gravity values when taking readings with a refractometer.
Styles: BJCP Style Guide
Color Estimate: Calculates estimated color for a given SRM or EBC.
Unit Conversions: Common unit conversions.
* Recipe formulation that can be saved
* IBU and original gravity calculations
* Modifiable database of hops and fermentables
* Attenuation calculator
* Hydrometer correction
Brew Timer Features:
- Create, save, load, and delete multiple Recipe Profiles.
- Each Recipe Profile can contain events for all timed brewing processes.
- The Brew Timer can sound a user selected alarm and/or vibrate when an event needs your attention.
- Events can be added, edited, or removed while the the timer is running in case a modification needs to be made on the fly.
- Color-coding of individual event entry’s remaining time lets you quickly determine how soon an event will trigger.
- The Brew Timer can be paused and resumed at any time.
The Brew Timer is also great for timing coffee roasting, baking or anything else you may need to keep track of multiple timing events.
Is there something you would like to see in The Brew Timer? I have a list of other desired features that other brewers have emailed me, send me an email and tell me what you want! (email@example.com)
A mash and batch sparge water calculator
A boil timer with configurable alarms
A convenient place to take brewing notes
An email ready summary of your brew day
Support for both imperial and metric units
BrewDay saves each homebrew session so that you can refer back to them later. There are configurable defaults for most values available in settings.
- Recipe manager
- BeerXML import/export
- Ingredients, equipment, mash profiles
- Brewing calculators
THIS VERSION IS *BETA* AND *WILL* HAVE BUGS.
The files needed for Brewzor are now being hosted on Google Sites. You can download them and use the import wizard to import all the recipe and ingredient data. The URL is:
Give us feedback about features that you want in the app. Help design a tool to fit your home brewing needs. All bug reports, feedback, suggestions can be directed to our issue tracker - http://bugs.winslow.io
* Yeast Starter
* Calculate ABV
* Convert between Grains, DME & LME
* Mash Strike Temp
* Priming Sugar
* Blend Calculator (Blend batches)
* Metric & Imperial Measurements
+ Calculate beers stats like ABV, Calories, etc.
+ Conversions for BRIX and Specific Gravity.
+ Hydrometer Temp Adjust Tool and Chart
+ Calculate Krausen volume needed to carbonate naturally rather than adding sugars.
+ Scale a recipe or reverse engineer the grain weight.
+ Calculate Strike water temp and mash / sparge water volumes.
+ Adjust your mash temp. Miss your mash temp? Calculate how much water to add to cool down or heat up your mash.
+ Brew Timers (optional)
+ US Imperial and Metric
Note: Does not access the internet or phone data.
If you would like to suggest additional brewing methods or any other suggestions, please visit www.brewmycoffee.uservoice.com