Manage tasks on the go, synced to a simple text file you control.
Simple task manager backed by a todo.txt file that you own and control. Syncs with Google Drive, Dropbox, or local files.
Todo.txt (http://todotxt.org/) is a simple, text file based system for managing tasks across platforms. This app supports all core features of the todo.txt format, and some more. It is fully compatible with the Todo.txt CLI and the Chrome extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/todotxt-for-chrome-simple/mndijfcodpjlhgjcpcbhncjakaboedbl).
- Create, List, Search, Edit, Delete tasks
- Sync with a todo.txt file stored in Dropbox or Google Drive
- Add, remove or change due dates, priorities, projects, contexts, tags,...
- Fast and powerful search with special operators
- Filter task list by project, completed, incomplete, due status, priority, ...
- Save regular searches as filters, and use them across the app and widgets
- Dynamic app shortcuts to open to any saved filter or project
- Home screen widgets
- task list widget (large), and
- task count widgets (small)
- Daily due task notifications
- App shortcuts
- quickly add tasks
- list due tasks
- Custom task list sorting order
- Customisable swipe actions
- Show/hide threshold tasks
- Import and export tasks from other files or apps
… and a lot more
Some features are available to paid supporters only.
Actively developed for Android 8.0 (Oreo) or later. Apps for Android 6 & 7 are available but will not be updated from January 2020.
Syncs files with Dropbox, Google Drive, local text files, or use the app directly without any syncing features.
Only available in English.
FULL NETWORK ACCESS: To sync to Dropbox and Google Drive
VIEW NETWORK CONNECTIONS: To determine whether or not syncing is possible.
RUN AT STARTUP: Only runs at startup if automatic background sync is enabled in settings
PREVENT PHONE FROM SLEEPING: Only used on pre-Oreo devices to handle actions from Notification
DROPBOX FULL ACCESS: Requires full access to your Dropbox account so that you can freely choose your todo.txt file's location (and so that other apps can access it as well). Dropbox access is only required if syncing with Dropbox.
GOOGLE DRIVE FULL ACCESS: Requires full access to be able to choose your files from where-ever you may have stored them. After initial selection, only selected files (todo.txt and archive.txt) are accessed. Google Drive access is only required if syncing with Google Drive.