Midi Melody for Android is similar in function and appearance to Synthesia, a popular computer program which displays falling notes corresponding to keys played on a piano. Not only does this allow for a pleasant visualization of MIDI files, but also serves as an effective learning tool for those who are incapable of sight reading.
Because tapping the screen of a phone or tablet doesn't offer the learning experience of playing on a real piano, Midi Melody allows you to connect your own digital piano via USB - Play along on your own piano with the falling notes at your own pace! Otherwise, Midi Melody can also play a MIDI file back for you, so you can see which keys to press and when - No need for sheet music!
Enjoy practicing and learning new music in a fun way with your smartphone or tablet, and impress your friends with your newfound ability to play piano!
<> Clean, polished interface.
<> Automatically displays MIDI files in your Download and Music directories.
<> Browse local and external SD card to locate and open MIDI files.
<> Play from a MIDI capable digital piano or Synthesizer via USB (Requires USB OTG capable device)
<> Lengthen or shrink falling note sizes
<> Show notes on the virtual piano keys.
<> Change color of falling notes; left and right hands can be different colors if the MIDI file contains separate tracks.
<> Choose between 128 different instruments.
Please email me if you want to report a bug or problem, have any feature suggestions, or if you are unable to connect your digital piano or synthesizer.
Tags: midi files - usb - keyboard - piano - synthesia android - midi controller
- 16 tracks , 128 instruments
- Playback of MIDI files
- Display the percussion track
- MIDI import/export
You may not play MIDI files depending on the model, because this application using MIDI playback capabilities of mobile devices.
High quality midi playback with support for multiple soundfonts
Multi-track mixer with support for user instrument and volume adjustment*
Tempo, pitch, voice, and resampling controls
Customizable audio output settings
Support for MOD** files as well as the formats Android natively supports
Notification with playback buttons (Buttons Honeycomb or later)
Light battery usage***
Easy access to playlists
Dark and light themes
To automatically pause music during a phone call
To prevent Android from killing Timidity AE when the device's screen is off
* Only available for midi and MOD files
** Some MOD files are not supported
*** As compared to Timidity AE 1.1.8 or less
Paul of paulscode.com for guiding me in the initial creation of this app
MattyGlen of paulscode.com who made the icon
As TiMidity++ and sfArkLib are GPL, the source is available if desired.
+ Effects: Reverb + Chorus
+ Chord analysis
+ Additional lyrics view with words arranged in measures, including chord symbols to play along the song
+ Create custom perspectives ( 3-D note views)
+ Play song slices (chords)
+ Export MIDI files to wav audio
+ Export modified MIDI files to new MIDI file (including changed pitch, instruments) or export just a range (loop)
+ Play MIDI files via the built-in synthesizer (soundfont included)
+ Karaoke: *.kar and *. mid files, support for many charsets (cyrillic, greek, arabian, ...)
+ Auto detect voice melody track with the option to mute it automatically
+ Piano keys: scrollable and zoomable
+ USB MIDI In: Plug in your MIDI keyboard and play notes while MIDI file is playing, or send control changes (Channel Volume, Modulation) or program changes
+ Gapless and beat accurate looping due to quantisation feature! Loops are also shiftable while playing !
+ Create markers to quickly navigate to specific file positions - Give a name for each marker, eg. "solo", "reprise"...
+ Transpose the MIDI file (can be stored for each MIDI file! )
+ Tracks control: Mute or solo specific tracks/instruments or assign other instruments!
+ Change the tempo during playback while maintaining relative tempo changes
+ Choose midi notes visualisation: pitch range or instrument/midi channel
+ Various auto scrolling modes and continuous zooming
+ Designed for tablets and smartphones
Any soundfont of file format "sf2" can be used, also compressed soundfonts (wavpack or flac).
The soundfont that ships with this app has a size of ~ 3 MB and offers acceptable sounds.
If you don't like it, load your own favourite soundfont from the sd card!
Just search the internet for "soundfont collections- there are many available for free!
By coloring the notes depending on their pitch the harmonic development, different tonal areas / modulations / key changes become visible at a glance!
Even large MIDI files (eg. a symphony) will be visualized in 2-3 seconds !
Also so called "black midi" files (up to million notes or more) can be played back completely. Only the number of notes to display needs to be limited. You can set this number -> Try how many notes your device can take (e.g. with Nexus 7 up to 400.000 notes)
MIDI file user settings
All loops, markers, instrument/track assignments are stored in a separate settings file. Each time a MIDI file gets loaded it will search for an existing settings file.
Support & Feedback
The "Help & Info" menu inside the app offers a form to submit feedback, ie. ask a question, make a suggestion or report a bug.
Alternatively you can send your concern directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
And finally, if you like this app - RATE IT !
Keywords: Midi, player, Loops, Karaoke
This is a lite version: ( 5 tracks, 10 instruments )
- Playback of MIDI files
- Display the percussion track
- MIDI import/export
You may not play MIDI files depending on the model, because this application using MIDI playback capabilities of mobile devices.
This app plays MIDI files (Type 0 and 1) via Bluetooth on a real MIDI device. A Bluetooth-to-MIDI interface is required. Two examples can be found here: http://www.protopage.com/hdop001
The MIDI files in a directory can be played automatically (all or single, with or without repeat). You can adjust Speed, Velocity and Transpose "on the fly" (Transpose only when STOP). A single button press restores defaults (DEF. button).
In addition, each channel can be muted/unmuted. The volume-down (volume-up) key mutes (unmutes) all channels. Active channels are green, deactivated channels are red.
In settings "Control Change" and "Program Change" messages can be suppressed, to preserve the manual settings of the MIDI device. Max. 100 tracks can be played. You can insert up to 5 seconds of silence between songs.
Bluetooth-to-MIDI interface: The interface used has to be set correctly ("Direct" or "Buffered").
Buffer depth: This value defines how much MIDI data is buffered in the external controller. The higher this value, the longer it takes until Speed and Velocity changes become audible. The controller passes the buffered data on to the MIDI device with exact timing, so that timing variations caused by varying CPU load are effectively eliminated.
Bluetooth device selection: The selection can be limited to device names containing a particular string, defined in settings. If only one device is available, it is selected automatically.
(More keywords: MIDI over Bluetooth, wireless MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI file player)
* No internet connection required
* No ads
* Save your sheet music as pdf
* Load and save in MusicXML fil format, (to exchange your sheet music and tablatures with other software like Guitar Pro, finale, Sibelius, Musescore)
* Add your own soundfonts .sf2 files (there are lots of .sf2 files over the internet)
Is recomended to use 1 soundfont per instrument.
There are also programs to create your own soundfonts like polyphone.
* 64 soundfonts for free, download from here:
* More Info:
* USB Output
* USB recording
* USB capture notes
* USB program change
USB Output and USB recording are possible to test in lite version.
This app is compatible with USB MIDI interface that works without drivers on Windows or Mac
✓ WST Grand (a grand piano based on Warren Trachtman's piano samples)
✓ Bright Grand
✓ Legend EPiano
✓ Rhodes EPiano
✓ Honky Tonk Piano
✓ Rock Organ
You can download demo recordings and a trial version from http://www.refined-apps.com/grand-piano
We also offer other music apps. For details, see refined-apps.com.
If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, mail us at email@example.com.
-- Highlights ----------
✓ Low latency audio
Low latency audio is a weak spot of Android (see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3434 ).
Grand Piano provides lowest possible latency on your device.
✓ High quality samples for all contained instruments.
✓ Support for external keyboards and expanders
On devices with USB host support (e.g. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Acer A500, Asus TF101, ...) you can connect an external keyboard or midi expander. You can play Grand Piano from your external keyboard or play an external sound generator from Grand Piano.
✓ Midi file player included
The included midi player works with any standard midi file stored on your android device. You can output the midi events via Midi/USB (if your device supports it; see above)
-- Features --------
✓ Support for lowest latency possible on your android device.
✓ 7 instruments with high quality samples
✓ Midi In&Out via USB on devices that support USB-Host/OTG (e.g. Asus TF101, Acer A500, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, ...) for Standard Midi/USB devices (i.e. devices that do not need a driver on Windows/Mac)
✓ Includes a midi file player
✓ 53 classical midi files included
✓ Up to 512 notes simultaneously
✓ 88 key scrollable keyboard
✓ Settings for the number of displayed keys, optional vibrate on touch, ...
✓ Multitouch only limited by your device
✓ Note Velocity
✓ Sustain, pitch bend etc. via midi
✓ Various reverb settings (no reverb, small church, medium church, cathedral, ...)
✓ Runs on android >= 4.0.3, phones and tablets
✓ No ads
-- Usage Tips / Hardware requirements --------
✓ Needs ca. 41 MB on your sdcard for the samples
✓ Use headphones / external speakers for better sound
✓ For the best sound, the device should have at least a 1GHz single core processor
---- Pro-Features ------------
Grand Piano Pro provides all the features of the Free version plus:
✓ 7 instruments instead of 2
✓ Midi via USB
✓ Midi player
✓ 53 classical midi files
✓ No ads
-- Permissions --------
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to extract the samples onto the sdcard
android.permission.VIBRATE for vibrate on touch support
android.permission.INTERNET to be able to download midi files if selected e.g. in a browser
android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for better audio support (OpenSL)
com.android.email.permission.READ_ATTACHMENT to enable mail apps to forward midi file attaments to this app
com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE to check the license
- Start the application
- Connect the instrument that receives midi information (so that emits sounds) first midi IN with a commercial DIN to USB and then allow access to the USB OTG
- Then connect the midi device (eg USB EWI) and allow access to the USB OTG
Select the MIDI channel and play .... !! simply. Enjoy your midi controller without PC
Tested together: HUB USB + Cable OTG
- With a phone Galaxy Note 2 PSR 8000 + with USB / MIDI (Yamaha) + EWI USB interface (no latency !!)
- With a phone Galaxy Note 2 PSR 8000 + with USB / MIDI (Yamaha) + YOUR GUITAR HERO interface (no latency !!)
Define the MIDI messages (control change, program change) associated with each button, and use them to change patches and control a midi keyboard or similar midi equipment.
After setting the EDIT switch to ON, use long click on a button to change its values and the transmitted values. Other functions can be accessed via menu'.
The latest version of Midi Commander (in .apk format) is also available here (in case you experience server problems in downloading it from the Play Store):
For further help, you can also access the app web page:
IMPORTANT NOTE: the Android device MUST BE CAPABLE of acting as USB-HOST. So, please, do not rate the app with a low score if the connected midi device is not recognized: it might be that your android device does not work in USB-HOST mode.
Also, the MIDI device must be class-compliant (that is, no driver must be required to use its USB-MIDI functionality).
Here is a list of compatible (and tested) devices:
Finally, contact us for problems and bugs!!
- If the connected MIDI device is correctly recognized (its name is correctly displayed on top of the window of Midi Commander), but the midi commands are not executed by the Midi device, try with a different ID cable number in the Global Settings (so far, we experienced this only with a Korg Microkorg XL keyboard). We plan to have the correct ID cable automatically set.
- We experienced issues with Clavia Nord Keyboards: sometimes the midi commands are not executed by the keyboard.
My own clever workaround to Android's High Audio Latency (+100ms) truly makes this one-of-a-kind, you won't find another App like it.
Keep in mind this is not a Piano Hero or Rock Band game. Basically, it teaches you to play piano by simply showing WHICH keys to press and WHEN, at your own pace and to your liking, much like any old PC software that does this akin to Linthesia ™ and Synthesia ™. Neat!
~-~-~ Grab MidiRoll on PC for FREE ~-~-~
~-~-~ Try it before you buy it! ~-~-~
~-~-~ http://goo.gl/jve0tK ~-~-~
[~-~ FEATURES ~-~]
• Virtual Piano with Rolling Notes, Beats and Measures
• Variable Speed Playback from 30% to 100%
• Variable Track/Channel Playback
• Variable Track Colors
• Variable Instrument Per-Track Playback - choose from 128 instruments
• A-B Repeat
• Configurable Piano Roll Options
• Intuitive 'Quick-Seek' buttons for easier learning (you'll love em'!)
• Auto-Scans All MIDI Files in Storage with Configurable Exclusions
• Preloaded with Popular Songs (River Flows in You, Fur Elise, etc.)
• MIDI File Type 0 and 1 Support
• .MID & .MIDI File App Association Support
• !FREE! PC Version - try it before you buy it, download here: http://goo.gl/jve0tK
[~-~ PIANO ROLL OPTIONS ~-~]
• Show Note Letters
• Dim Unplayed Note Range
• Always Show Interface
• Play Metronome
• Mute Playback
• Adjust Quick-Seek Beat Jump Amount
[~-~ TECHNOLOGY ~-~]
• Cunning Workaround to Android's High Audio Latency (this is big)
• MIDI Parser for reading, modifying and writing MIDI files
• LIBGDX for UI & Graphics
I developed this over the course of 8 months for my own personal use as I, like many people, cannot read sheet music, BUT can play Piano. I grew weary of lugging my laptop around to Pianos and Keyboards to learn songs and so, MidiRoll was born!
I am an independent developer in college, your support is greatly appreciated!
** I am not superman, but I will do my best to keep the updates and bug fixes rolling in. I have already added a lot of functionality and bug fixes upon request, so suggesting a feature or issue you're having in the comments, on my website or via Email are easy ways to bring them to my attention! **
[~-~ v3.2 CHANGELOG ~-~]
• All MIDI-specific settings are now persisted and stored as preferences: tracks enabled, instruments, colors and playback speed
• Lowered the minimum playback speed from 30% to **10%**
• Playback speed label color now varies by the speed selected
• Brightened the default MIDI track colors to increase contrast against the piano roll background
• **BUG FIX** Midi specific preference files were being scanned in and listed as a broken MIDI file due to a residual .MIDI extension on the preference file. Fixing this will wipe your previous MIDI bookmarks, but it's fixed for good, very sorry about that :'C
[~-~ v3.1 CHANGELOG ~-~]
• Sped up screen transitions
• Fixed an extremely rare crash during transitions
• Adjusted keyboard dimensions to be more proportional to that of a real piano
• Fixed sharps' lit-up key positions
• Fixed some input confusion wonkiness when panning the keyboard
• Fixed an Android bug with A-B repeat causing a de-sync if metronome was on
[~-~ v3.3 FUTURE PLANS ~-~]
• Key Letters on Falling Notes
• ??? - Suggest one!
[~-~ KNOWN ISSUES ~-~]
Midi Sheet Music comes with over 50 classical piano songs, from popular composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin. In addition, MIDI music files are freely available all over the internet. Start learning your favorite songs on the piano today.
* Adjusting the speed of the music
* Muting or hiding tracks
* Display the note letters
* Color coding the notes
* Playing a subset of measures continuously in a loop
* Transposing the notes up or down
* Changing the instruments used for each MIDI track
* Saving the sheet music as images
Midi Sheet Music contains no ads.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth - Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth - Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine - 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox - 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth - Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth - 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular - Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ - Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder - 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth - DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
* KSSynth - Karplus-Strong string modeling synth (new!)
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (16 effect types)
* Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects
* Master section with parametric EQ and limiter
* Song sequencer
Supports automation on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying recorded automation curves.
All files are stored on the user-accessible storage, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2), SFZ and FL Studio mobile instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
Class-compliant USB MIDI controllers can be connected via USB OTG cable on devices running at least Android 3.2 and supporting USB host mode.
See the in-app help section for tutorial videos and full online manual.
Minimum device specs are:
* 1GHz ARMv7 processor
* 800 x 480 resolution screen
* Headphones or external speakers
This is a demo version of Caustic. There is no time limit in demo mode but save/export are disabled. The app will automatically save your current song between sessions.
Unlock the full version buy purchasing the "Caustic Unlock Key" (sold separate). The full version enables song saving as well as exporting to WAV, Ogg and MIDI.
There is also a FREE (full version) PC version available for download on the product website.
Come visit http://www.singlecellsoftware.com to download more presets, request features, share your tracks and hear what others are creating with Caustic 3.
- Record Audio: The app supports recording your own samples.
- Storage read/write: All samples and songs are stored on your device and can be accessed via USB.
- Full network access: To launch the (optional) FTP server, nothing else.
- In-app billing: To restore purchases for those who bought during v1.0. There are no other purchases other than the unlock key app.
If you have any problems, write me via the developer email or visit http://www.singlecellsoftware.com
SingleCellSoftware is one person working part-time, please keep that in mind...
The best midi file player in android!
** This is an app for playing ".mid" file.
** You must have at least one ".mid" file to play.
** There are a ton of free midi files on the web by searching keyword "free midi file".
** Thank you for uploading.
- Outputs Open Sound Control (OSC). MIDI coming soon!
- Handles multitouch on devices running Honeycomb
- Bi-directional communication: use Control to set values on your computer, use your computer to set values in Control
- Dynamically add and manipulate widgets via OSC messages
- Reads and outputs data from Accelerometer and Compass sensors (on applicable devices) with adjustable update rates
- Auto-discovery of wireless networks via Bonjour
- Interfaces can be pushed to the phone via OSC or downloaded from the web
- Supports both portrait and landscape interface orientations
- Interfaces work on both phones and tablets (tested on Droid and Asus Transformer)
If you've never used wireless MIDI or OSC before, Control (and all other wireless MIDI / OSC apps) will have a little bit of a learning curve to get started. Please visit the Control support website!
NOTE: There is currently a bug that causes landscape interfaces to scroll if used after a portrait interface on Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices.
5tracks (Budgerigar has 16tracks).
GM : 128 instruments and drum set
Midi division 480.
Export Project file to SDCARD.
Requirements: OS 1.6 or later, Device supports Midi.
Version1.3: small bug fixed.
1).Bug fixed: Save large project that a truck is over 64K.
2).Add grids 1/3,1/6,1/12,1/20 and 1/24 on Notes score Editor.
This is a game to seek numbers from 1 to 36 by scroll and touch it.
There are 3 modes.
1x1 mode: only one number is shown, other 35 numbers are hidden. You seek the number by scroll and touch it. This is the recommend mode.
2x2 mode: Four numbers are shown, other numbers are hidden.
3x3 mode: Nine numbers are shown, other numbers are hidden. 3x3 is the simplest.
It is a game of moving eyesight and memory.
This App makes 81 questions at random.
ex) 27 => 3 x 9, 24 => 8 x 3
Touch from 1 to 81. So you recognize the course order of the touch by short time and memorize it at a moment and you touch them in order quickly.
'3 stages' : 27 numbers ascend memory, from 1 to 27.
'6 stages' : 54 numbers ascend memory, from 1 to 54.
'9 stages' : 81 numbers ascend memory, from 1 to 81.
This is the Reverse version of my App "one digit addition".
There are 9 questions on nine stages, random 81 questions.
Find '8 + 4' from '12', Find '3 + 4' from '7'.
This App has four categories, addition:"Reverse one digit +" subtraction:"Reverse one digit -" multiplication:"Reverse one digit x" and division:"Reverse one digit ÷". Each category has 9 questions on nine stages, random 81 questions.
"one digit +" : Find '4 + 8' from '12'.
"one digit -" : Find '10 - 6' from '4'.
"one digit x" : Find '9 x 9' from '81'.
"one digit ÷" : Find "12 ÷ 3" from '4'.
Fun Reverse thinking.
This App is a time trial game. All tiles are hidden. The player taps a tile and finds a number or the alphabet.
This app have two categories.
"ABC..." : from A to Y, 25 tiles, one stage.
"123..." : from 1 to 81, 9 tiles, 9 stages.
Tap blank tiles like a woodpecker. tap tap tap tap fast tap tap tap tap .....
The player needs tap speed and instant memory.
This App has four categories, addition:"one digit +" subtraction:"one digit -" multiplication:"one digit x" and division:"one digit ÷". Each category has 9 questions on nine stages, random 81 questions.
"one digit +" : from "1 + 1 = 2" to "9 + 9 = 18".
"one digit -" : from "2 - 1 = 1" to "18 - 9 = 9".
"one digit x" : from "1 x 1 = 1" to "9 x 9 = 81".
"one digit ÷" : from "1 ÷ 1 = 1" to "81 ÷ 9 = 9".
*** LITE VERSION (FREE)***
one digit +