- 16 tracks , 128 instruments
- Playback of MIDI files
- Display the percussion track
- MIDI import/export
You may not play MIDI files depending on the model, because this application using MIDI playback capabilities of mobile devices.
* No internet connection required
* No ads
* Save your sheet music as pdf
* Load and save in MusicXML fil format, (to exchange your sheet music and tablatures with other software like Guitar Pro, finale, Sibelius, Musescore)
* Add your own soundfonts .sf2 files (there are lots of .sf2 files over the internet)
Is recomended to use 1 soundfont per instrument.
There are also programs to create your own soundfonts like polyphone.
* 64 soundfonts for free, download from here:
* More Info:
* USB Output
* USB recording
* USB capture notes
* USB program change
USB Output and USB recording are possible to test in lite version.
This app is compatible with USB MIDI interface that works without drivers on Windows or Mac
When Matt Hepworth creates a course, you can be sure that you are in for an amazing educational journey! In this Advanced MIDI Toolbox course, Matt takes you further into MIDI than you ever thought possible. You learn advanced Cubase MIDI techniques and tools that most users don’t even know exist!
From deep production techniques like layering, expression and the acclaimed VST Expression to in-depth explorations of Cubase’s awesome MIDI plugins, this course covers it all.
So, if you use Cubase and you want to become a MIDI expert, sit back, dig in and be ready to learn everything there is to know about recording, editing, producing and going absolutely crazy with MIDI right here, right now in this Advanced MIDI Toolbox course by Matthew Hepworth.
And while you're here, make sure and watch all of Matt’s extraordinary courses covering all aspects of this powerful DAW!
Table of contents:
2. A Quick Primer on MIDI
3. Monotimbral vs. Multitimbral Instruments
4. Layering with Multitimbral Instruments
5. Layering Monotimbral Instruments with MIDI Tracks
6. Using MIDI Sends for Layering
7. Using External Synths for Layering
8. The Concept of VST Expression
9. Setting Up an Instrument Track for VST Expression
10. Articulation Directions and Attributes
11. Editing VST Expression in the Key Editor
12. Adding Dynamics
13. The Concept of Note Expression
14. Setting Up an Instrument Track for Note Expression
15. Editing Note Expressions in the Key Editor
16. Additional Note Expression Functions
17. The Concepts of MIDI Plug-ins
18. Arpache 5 Arpeggiator
19. Arpache SX Arpeggiator
20. The Auto LFO Plug-in
21. The Beat Designer Plug-in
22. The Chorder Plug-in
23. Compressor, Density, and Note to CC Plug-ins
24. MIDI Control Plug-in
25. MIDI Echo Plug-in
26. MIDI Modifiers Plug-in and Tab
27. MIDI Monitor Plug-in
28. Micro Tuner Plug-in
29. The Quantizer Plug-in
30. The Step Designer Plug-in
31. Track Control Plug-in
32. Transformer Plug-in
33. The Concepts of the MIDI Functions
34. Note Lengths and Mono/Poly Overlaps
35. Note Velocities
36. Note Doubles and Continuous Controllers
37. Other MIDI Functions
38. The Concepts of the Logical Presets
39. Exploring Some Popular Presets
40. Creating a Custom Preset in the Logical Editor
41. MIDI Step Recording
42. Creating a MIDI Tap Tempo Map
43. Creative Transposition
44. Creating a Groove Preset
45. Creating Velocity Layers
46. Sharing MIDI Events from Other Projects
+ Effects: Reverb + Chorus
+ Chord analysis
+ Additional lyrics view with words arranged in measures, including chord symbols to play along the song
+ Create custom perspectives ( 3-D note views)
+ Play song slices (chords)
+ Export MIDI files to wav audio
+ Export modified MIDI files to new MIDI file (including changed pitch, instruments) or export just a range (loop)
+ Play MIDI files via the built-in synthesizer (soundfont included)
+ Karaoke: *.kar and *. mid files, support for many charsets (cyrillic, greek, arabian, ...)
+ Auto detect voice melody track with the option to mute it automatically
+ Piano keys: scrollable and zoomable
+ USB MIDI In: Plug in your MIDI keyboard and play notes while MIDI file is playing, or send control changes (Channel Volume, Modulation) or program changes
+ Gapless and beat accurate looping due to quantisation feature! Loops are also shiftable while playing !
+ Create markers to quickly navigate to specific file positions - Give a name for each marker, eg. "solo", "reprise"...
+ Transpose the MIDI file (can be stored for each MIDI file! )
+ Tracks control: Mute or solo specific tracks/instruments or assign other instruments!
+ Change the tempo during playback while maintaining relative tempo changes
+ Choose midi notes visualisation: pitch range or instrument/midi channel
+ Various auto scrolling modes and continuous zooming
+ Designed for tablets and smartphones
Any soundfont of file format "sf2" can be used, also compressed soundfonts (wavpack or flac).
The soundfont that ships with this app has a size of ~ 3 MB and offers acceptable sounds.
If you don't like it, load your own favourite soundfont from the sd card!
Just search the internet for "soundfont collections- there are many available for free!
By coloring the notes depending on their pitch the harmonic development, different tonal areas / modulations / key changes become visible at a glance!
Even large MIDI files (eg. a symphony) will be visualized in 2-3 seconds !
Also so called "black midi" files (up to million notes or more) can be played back completely. Only the number of notes to display needs to be limited. You can set this number -> Try how many notes your device can take (e.g. with Nexus 7 up to 400.000 notes)
MIDI file user settings
All loops, markers, instrument/track assignments are stored in a separate settings file. Each time a MIDI file gets loaded it will search for an existing settings file.
Support & Feedback
The "Help & Info" menu inside the app offers a form to submit feedback, ie. ask a question, make a suggestion or report a bug.
Alternatively you can send your concern directly to email@example.com
And finally, if you like this app - RATE IT !
Keywords: Midi, player, Loops, Karaoke
Midi Melody for Android is similar in function and appearance to Synthesia, a popular computer program which displays falling notes corresponding to keys played on a piano. Not only does this allow for a pleasant visualization of MIDI files, but also serves as an effective learning tool for those who are incapable of sight reading.
Because tapping the screen of a phone or tablet doesn't offer the learning experience of playing on a real piano, Midi Melody allows you to connect your own digital piano via USB - Play along on your own piano with the falling notes at your own pace! Otherwise, Midi Melody can also play a MIDI file back for you, so you can see which keys to press and when - No need for sheet music!
Enjoy practicing and learning new music in a fun way with your smartphone or tablet, and impress your friends with your newfound ability to play piano!
<> Clean, polished interface.
<> Automatically displays MIDI files in your Download and Music directories.
<> Browse local and external SD card to locate and open MIDI files.
<> Play from a MIDI capable digital piano or Synthesizer via USB (Requires USB OTG capable device)
<> Lengthen or shrink falling note sizes
<> Show notes on the virtual piano keys.
<> Change color of falling notes; left and right hands can be different colors if the MIDI file contains separate tracks.
<> Choose between 128 different instruments.
Please email me if you want to report a bug or problem, have any feature suggestions, or if you are unable to connect your digital piano or synthesizer.
Tags: midi files - usb - keyboard - piano - synthesia android - midi controller
High quality midi playback with support for multiple soundfonts
Multi-track mixer with support for user instrument and volume adjustment*
Tempo, pitch, voice, and resampling controls
Customizable audio output settings
Support for MOD** files as well as the formats Android natively supports
Notification with playback buttons (Buttons Honeycomb or later)
Light battery usage***
Easy access to playlists
Dark and light themes
To automatically pause music during a phone call
To prevent Android from killing Timidity AE when the device's screen is off
* Only available for midi and MOD files
** Some MOD files are not supported
*** As compared to Timidity AE 1.1.8 or less
Paul of paulscode.com for guiding me in the initial creation of this app
MattyGlen of paulscode.com who made the icon
As TiMidity++ and sfArkLib are GPL, the source is available if desired.
✓ WST Grand (a grand piano based on Warren Trachtman's piano samples)
✓ Bright Grand
✓ Legend EPiano
✓ Rhodes EPiano
✓ Honky Tonk Piano
✓ Rock Organ
You can download demo recordings and a trial version from http://www.refined-apps.com/grand-piano
We also offer other music apps. For details, see refined-apps.com.
If you have questions, remarks or suggestions, mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-- Highlights ----------
✓ Low latency audio
Low latency audio is a weak spot of Android (see http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3434 ).
Grand Piano provides lowest possible latency on your device.
✓ High quality samples for all contained instruments.
✓ Support for external keyboards and expanders
On devices with USB host support (e.g. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, Acer A500, Asus TF101, ...) you can connect an external keyboard or midi expander. You can play Grand Piano from your external keyboard or play an external sound generator from Grand Piano.
✓ Midi file player included
The included midi player works with any standard midi file stored on your android device. You can output the midi events via Midi/USB (if your device supports it; see above)
-- Features --------
✓ Lowest possible latency depending on your devices.
✓ 7 instruments with high quality samples
✓ Midi In&Out via USB on devices that support USB-Host/OTG (e.g. Asus TF101, Acer A500, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7, ...) for Standard Midi/USB devices (i.e. devices that do not need a driver on Windows/Mac)
✓ Includes a midi file player
✓ 53 classical midi files included
✓ Up to 512 notes simultaneously
✓ 88 key scrollable keyboard
✓ Settings for the number of displayed keys, optional vibrate on touch, ...
✓ Multitouch only limited by your device
✓ Note Velocity
✓ Sustain, pitch bend etc. via midi
✓ Various reverb settings (no reverb, small church, medium church, cathedral, ...)
✓ Runs on android >= 4.0.3, phones and tablets
✓ No ads
-- Usage Tips / Hardware requirements --------
✓ Needs ca. 41 MB on your sdcard for the samples
✓ Use headphones / external speakers for better sound
✓ For the best sound, the device should have at least a 1GHz single core processor
---- Pro-Features ------------
Grand Piano Pro provides all the features of the Free version plus:
✓ 7 instruments instead of 2
✓ Midi via USB
✓ Midi player
✓ 53 classical midi files
✓ No ads
-- Permissions --------
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to extract the samples onto the sdcard
android.permission.VIBRATE for vibrate on touch support
android.permission.INTERNET to be able to download midi files if selected e.g. in a browser
android.permission.MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for better audio support (OpenSL)
com.android.email.permission.READ_ATTACHMENT to enable mail apps to forward midi file attaments to this app
com.android.vending.CHECK_LICENSE to check the license
This app plays MIDI files (Type 0 and 1) via Bluetooth on a real MIDI device. A Bluetooth-to-MIDI interface is required. Two examples can be found here: http://www.protopage.com/hdop001
The MIDI files in a directory can be played automatically (all or single, with or without repeat). You can adjust Speed, Velocity and Transpose "on the fly" (Transpose only when STOP). A single button press restores defaults (DEF. button).
In addition, each channel can be muted/unmuted. The volume-down (volume-up) key mutes (unmutes) all channels. Active channels are green, deactivated channels are red.
In settings "Control Change" and "Program Change" messages can be suppressed, to preserve the manual settings of the MIDI device. Max. 100 tracks can be played. You can insert up to 5 seconds of silence between songs.
Bluetooth-to-MIDI interface: The interface used has to be set correctly ("Direct" or "Buffered").
Buffer depth: This value defines how much MIDI data is buffered in the external controller. The higher this value, the longer it takes until Speed and Velocity changes become audible. The controller passes the buffered data on to the MIDI device with exact timing, so that timing variations caused by varying CPU load are effectively eliminated.
Bluetooth device selection: The selection can be limited to device names containing a particular string, defined in settings. If only one device is available, it is selected automatically.
(More keywords: MIDI over Bluetooth, wireless MIDI, Bluetooth MIDI file player)
Follow along as Mo takes you down the dark, MIDI "rabbit hole" unlocking and unleashing Reason’s internal CV power into the the real world. It truly is a wonderland when you see all the cool and creative stuff you conjure up! And, did you know you can bring in external MIDI too? The possibilities are infinite!
First you learn how to do the all important initial setup. Then you’re off to a huge collection of tutorials working with synth tips and tricks as you build up your MIDI arsenal. From there Mo gets deep into arpeggiators, MIDI controllers and how to receive and record MIDI data.
But that’s just the first half of the course! Check out the course outline because there’s so much more stuff here that we’d need a whole new website just to explain it! So sit back and be ready to open your mind to Reason 7’s whole new world of MIDI.
This is a lite version: ( 5 tracks, 10 instruments )
- Playback of MIDI files
- Display the percussion track
- MIDI import/export
You may not play MIDI files depending on the model, because this application using MIDI playback capabilities of mobile devices.
Benefiting from nearly 10 years of development, Lemur is synonymous with multitouch music control. All these major artists can't be wrong: Daft Punk. Björk, Plastikman, CHVRCHES, Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Max Cooper, Barker & Baumecker, Orbital and many more.
Version 5.0 introduces the incredible new Canvas object and the Sequencer family of features with rock solid timing.
Canvas — Canvas is a brand new object that lets you script custom widgets with full multitouch support. The object is adapted from the HTML5 Canvas element, which means you can design widgets featuring complex shapes, animation, shadows, and transparency The Canvas object opens the door to a completely new Lemur experience, where the appearance and behaviour of objects can be designed to precisely match the demands of your project. Polygons, waveforms, circular objects and infinitely more are all possible with Canvas.
Sequencer — Lemur 5.0 introduces a family of new features for tight sequencing. This includes three new objects: StepNote, StepSwitch and StepSlider. Each of these provides a different flavour of sequencing and is ready to use right out of the box. The objects do the hard work for you, simple add them to your template and they are ready to control your MIDI instruments.
Skins — Lemur features three new skins, in addition to the classic look. Choose the look that fits your style and get inspired.
Connectivity — Lemur Android supports OSC and MIDI over Wi-Fi, as well as over USB with 3rd party tethering utilities.
REQUIREMENT (for the Lemur Daemon):
- OS X (Intel only) 10.5+
- Windows (XP SP3 or 7 recommended)
Android is a vast platform and Liine had to choose which devices to support from the very beginning. Lemur is officially supported on Nexus 7 - this means that if you buy it for this device, Liine are committed to getting you up and running. It has also been tested on various Android 4.2+ devices with positive results. The list of officially supported devices will grow in the near future.
You can see a list of all devices users have installed Lemur on the Liine Wiki Docs:
Simply connect your Android device to your laptop and make the connection!
Midi Sheet Music comes with over 50 classical piano songs, from popular composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin. In addition, MIDI music files are freely available all over the internet. Start learning your favorite songs on the piano today.
* Adjusting the speed of the music
* Muting or hiding tracks
* Display the note letters
* Color coding the notes
* Playing a subset of measures continuously in a loop
* Transposing the notes up or down
* Changing the instruments used for each MIDI track
* Saving the sheet music as images
Midi Sheet Music contains no ads.
Define the MIDI messages (control change, program change) associated with each button, and use them to change patches and control a midi keyboard or similar midi equipment.
After setting the EDIT switch to ON, use long click on a button to change its values and the transmitted values. Other functions can be accessed via menu'.
The latest version of Midi Commander (in .apk format) is also available here (in case you experience server problems in downloading it from the Play Store):
For further help, you can also access the app web page:
IMPORTANT NOTE: the Android device MUST BE CAPABLE of acting as USB-HOST. So, please, do not rate the app with a low score if the connected midi device is not recognized: it might be that your android device does not work in USB-HOST mode.
Also, the MIDI device must be class-compliant (that is, no driver must be required to use its USB-MIDI functionality).
Here is a list of compatible (and tested) devices:
Finally, contact us for problems and bugs!!
- If the connected MIDI device is correctly recognized (its name is correctly displayed on top of the window of Midi Commander), but the midi commands are not executed by the Midi device, try with a different ID cable number in the Global Settings (so far, we experienced this only with a Korg Microkorg XL keyboard). We plan to have the correct ID cable automatically set.
- We experienced issues with Clavia Nord Keyboards: sometimes the midi commands are not executed by the keyboard.
- Start the application
- Connect the instrument that receives midi information (so that emits sounds) first midi IN with a commercial DIN to USB and then allow access to the USB OTG
- Then connect the midi device (eg USB EWI) and allow access to the USB OTG
Select the MIDI channel and play .... !! simply. Enjoy your midi controller without PC
Tested together: HUB USB + Cable OTG
- With a phone Galaxy Note 2 PSR 8000 + with USB / MIDI (Yamaha) + EWI USB interface (no latency !!)
- With a phone Galaxy Note 2 PSR 8000 + with USB / MIDI (Yamaha) + YOUR GUITAR HERO interface (no latency !!)
(*) The following in-app purchases are available to enable the following features:
• USB audio interface support (you can also purchase USB Audio Recorder PRO). Please see our compatibility list here http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO and for more information here: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=usbaudiosupport
• MIDI/virtual instrument support (enables MIDI sequencing, USB MIDI and virtual instruments)
• FX pack 1 (distortion, overdrive, speaker sim, wah wah, phaser)
• FX pack 2 (10-, 15-, 30-band graphic EQ)
• ToneBoosters pack 1 (Barricade, DeEsser, Gate, Reverb)
• ToneBoosters EQ with frequency analyzer
• ToneBoosters Compressor
• Autotune with two-voice harmonizer
• Multitrack audio recording/playback
• MIDI sequencing (in-app purchase required)
• Non-linear non-destructive editing with move, trim, split, cut/copy/paste, remove, cross-fade and range editing
• Virtual instruments based on SoundFonts (in-app purchase required)
• Loop playback
• Automation of all mixer and effect parameters
• Latency correction
• Import of WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis audio files (m4a and others when running Android 4.1 or higher)
• Mastering to stereo WAV, AIFF, FLAC or OGG file
• Software monitoring for USB audio devices and some Android devices that have low enough latency
• Sample rate conversion
• Zoom down to the sample
• Each track has controls for volume, panning, mute, solo, arm, 3-band EQ with mid-sweep, 3 insert effects, 2 effect sends and output bus selection
• Unlimited number of tracks (*)
• Unlimited number of groups (*)
• Real-time effects including: chorus, compressor, delay, dual delay, reverse delay, reverb, flanger, noise gate and many more!
• Offline effects: fade in/out, normalize, reverse, pitch shift, time stretching
• Unlimited undo/redo for editing facilities
• Several grid options for aligning your samples (with tempo and time signature settings)
• Repeat samples with several options to create loops
• Add markers and quickly jump to them
• Projects are interchangeable with our desktop DAW Audio Evolution 5
• Export to other DAW's by rendering all tracks to separate audio files (stems)
• In short: a complete portable recording studio!
(*) Depending on your hardware's capabilities
• 800x480 screen size or higher
• Android 2.3.3 or higher
Note: this app can only run in landscape. Trying to run it with apps like Ultimate Rotation Control can result in crashes.
If you have any suggestions, questions or want to report a bug, please contact us! Instead of a negative review, please have the decency to contact us so we can actually solve your problem!
Loop packs, see for example:
Online manual: http://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/doku.php?id=start
To prevent your device's mic from picking up what the speaker is playing back, we recommend using either:
* a USB audio interface or
* an iRig MIC Cast: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigmiccast. The iRig is of better quality and playback is done through its headphone output. Note that hardware monitoring is not possible and you won't hear what you are recording through the headphone.
This is a game to seek numbers from 1 to 36 by scroll and touch it.
There are 3 modes.
1x1 mode: only one number is shown, other 35 numbers are hidden. You seek the number by scroll and touch it. This is the recommend mode.
2x2 mode: Four numbers are shown, other numbers are hidden.
3x3 mode: Nine numbers are shown, other numbers are hidden. 3x3 is the simplest.
It is a game of moving eyesight and memory.
This is the Reverse version of my App "one digit addition".
There are 9 questions on nine stages, random 81 questions.
Find '8 + 4' from '12', Find '3 + 4' from '7'.
This App has four categories, addition:"Reverse one digit +" subtraction:"Reverse one digit -" multiplication:"Reverse one digit x" and division:"Reverse one digit ÷". Each category has 9 questions on nine stages, random 81 questions.
"one digit +" : Find '4 + 8' from '12'.
"one digit -" : Find '10 - 6' from '4'.
"one digit x" : Find '9 x 9' from '81'.
"one digit ÷" : Find "12 ÷ 3" from '4'.
Fun Reverse thinking.
This App makes 81 questions at random.
ex) 27 => 3 x 9, 24 => 8 x 3
Touch from 1 to 81. So you recognize the course order of the touch by short time and memorize it at a moment and you touch them in order quickly.
'3 stages' : 27 numbers ascend memory, from 1 to 27.
'6 stages' : 54 numbers ascend memory, from 1 to 54.
'9 stages' : 81 numbers ascend memory, from 1 to 81.
This App is a time trial game. All tiles are hidden. The player taps a tile and finds a number or the alphabet.
This app have two categories.
"ABC..." : from A to Y, 25 tiles, one stage.
"123..." : from 1 to 81, 9 tiles, 9 stages.
Tap blank tiles like a woodpecker. tap tap tap tap fast tap tap tap tap .....
The player needs tap speed and instant memory.
This App has four categories, addition:"one digit +" subtraction:"one digit -" multiplication:"one digit x" and division:"one digit ÷". Each category has 9 questions on nine stages, random 81 questions.
"one digit +" : from "1 + 1 = 2" to "9 + 9 = 18".
"one digit -" : from "2 - 1 = 1" to "18 - 9 = 9".
"one digit x" : from "1 x 1 = 1" to "9 x 9 = 81".
"one digit ÷" : from "1 ÷ 1 = 1" to "81 ÷ 9 = 9".
*** LITE VERSION (FREE)***
one digit +
5tracks (Budgerigar has 16tracks).
GM : 128 instruments and drum set
Midi division 480.
Export Project file to SDCARD.
Requirements: OS 1.6 or later, Device supports Midi.
Version1.3: small bug fixed.
1).Bug fixed: Save large project that a truck is over 64K.
2).Add grids 1/3,1/6,1/12,1/20 and 1/24 on Notes score Editor.